PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] RMT: Hydra

Suicune12
2nd January 2004, 09:20 AM
Here's my and Deltaway's Hydra team, version 2.0. Kill one Pokemon, and another stronger one will come out and get all six of yours. Yes, I know that's lame.

Lanturn@Leftovers
-Confuse Ray
-Thunder Wave
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
The opener. Surf is to counter Ground openers (who counter Electric openers). Confuse Ray+Thunder Wave is for parafusion.

Blissey@Leftovers
-Heal Bell
-Softboiled
-Toxic
-Flamethrower
A Heal Beller. Softboiled is a great healing move. Switch to Alakazam if a Fighting-type comes out.

Misdreavus@Twisted Spoon
-Hypnosis
-Mean Look
-Perish Song
-Psychic
A Perish Songer. Mean Look, Hypnosis so you won't die (if Misdreavus ceases to battle, Mean Look will stop working), Perish Song to kill everyone.

Alakazam@Leftovers/?
-Psychic
-Recover
-Thunder Wave/?
-Counter/?
I have no idea what role this guy plays; I just think he's good for countering Fighting-types: the team's vulnerable to them. What item and/or moves should he have?

Houndoom@Miracle Berry/Leftovers/Scope Lens/Brightpowder/?
-Flamethrower
-Sunny Day/?
-Solar Beam/?
-Crunch
A basic sweeper. Scope Lens or Brightpowder could help his accuracy or evasion; what item should he have? Also should we get rid of the Sunny Day/Solar Beam combo?

Snorlax@Mint Berry
-Rest
-Body Slam
-Earthquake
-Curse
A basic Curselax. Just Curse, Rest, wake up with Mint Berry, and Earthquake and Body Slam your opponent to H*** =) .

I'm thinking of using a pseudohazer/shuffler Skarmory@?: Toxic/Whirlwind/Drill Peck/? somewhere. Would that work? And Alakazam replaced a Baton Passer/annoyer Umbreon. Should I use Umbreon?

[McGraw]
2nd January 2004, 09:38 AM
Chris is gonna have a field day when he sees this.

Spinarak-Man
2nd January 2004, 01:57 PM
Lanturn's fine as is except for the Miracle Berry. You have a heal beller and Lanturn does much better with Leftovers and its nice HP.

Blissey... ok wtf. 1. It can get Softboiled... aka recovers 50% of health with no draw backs. 2. Sleep Talk doesn't waste other move's pp... only s talk pp. So technically, you could do the rest/sleep talk thing... but that would be a waste at times and make battling blissey even more annoying than it already is. Ditch Rest for Softboiled and put some more useful move in for Snore... Toxic, Light Screen, Ice Beam, Tbolt, Flamethrower, etc... and ditch Psychic for one of those moves, too. When a fighting type comes in, Blissey is supposed to run and thats when missy comes in to eat a cross chop and potentially pull off perish trap. If you can predict a machamp switching into blissey, use that to your advantage and switch in Missy while he switches. Get Leftovers on this beast.

Missy is good but why the hell is spell tag on there. That has absolutely no use in battle at all. It repels wild pokemon. Wow, that's helpful. Leftovers plz.

Um.. on umbreon... see there's this thing called Mean Look. It keeps your opponent from switching to a hazer or getting rid of increased toxic damage. Personally... i think Umbreon is a waste of a slot here. Everyone expects umbreon to be doing something setup wise... so they just send in skarm and ww it away. I'd put a psychic type or flying type in here to scare fighters... you have a hideous fighting weakness after all. Kazam... Starmie... Eggy.... Zapdos...etc.. all decent choices. Though i see this team being royally screwed by blissey as well...

Sunnydoom never really worked and i doubt it ever will. Crunch, Pursuit, Fire Blast, Counter plz...

Lax with sleep talk... i find that lax does better when he has more attacks to choose from. you could go standard bs/curse/quake/rest and you'd be fine.

overall i'd say this team needs major re-working. you have a 4x fighting weakness with umbreon... 2 psychic attacks... one coming from a pokemon with special attack equal to a scizor ._.

There's only one physical attacker... what happens when lax dies? Blissey officially owns you.

I dunno what to recommend here so I'll let chris take care of it... he likes that kinda thing.

SupremeChampion
2nd January 2004, 04:30 PM
lanturn= leftovers is an option, especially since you have a heal beller.
blissey= softboiled over rest definately. light screen over snore. maybe leftovers/miracleberry over mint berry
missy= please put anything else on missy other than spell tag. leftovers sounds nice.
umbreon= i don't think it would be good split like you have it, i.e. a BP'er and annoyer. one or the other, but not both. i personally perfer an annoyer umbreon (mean look, toxic, c-ray, moonlight@leftovers).
houdoom= looks ok
lax= i agree with SM, lax needs variety. his set should do fine.]

~The Italian Stallion

Sir Chris
4th January 2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by [McGraw]
Chris is gonna have a field day when he sees this.

Luckily for this fellow, SM came before me

Arr, but I still have a few things to say!

confuse ray hath never served this knight well! never! Although I am a big fan of t-wave, in this scenario I like to think sleeping rest will be better than parafusion..

Blissey- from reading SM's rant, I don't think I even want to know what the set was before, and I don't think I will even ASK what the set was(psst, I already know, the goggles, they do nothing!) anyway, I think your set still sucks =P. I am not exactly one to like toxic, it is my bane of existence, IT NEVER SHOULD BE USED. and yet, its better than snore. I'd go with the time tested standard of icebeam/light screen on blissey

Missy the ghostie - HMM! let us see. protect over psychic, and the man said leftovers, not twisted spoon, leftovers!

alakazam- his role is a very good special attacker, and while counter is good, I don't lik ehim getting much off for him to counter, cursers would screw you like um.. something that screws stuff! fire punch or ice punch over that!

Houndoom- SM- never been a fan of pursuit, don't confuse the lad now! sunnybeam is a good set, but if ya think you can handle pursuit go for it hot shot arr

Curselax- I personally like double-edge over body slam, but either is good. ALSO! hell is allowed on the forums

have a nice day lad.