PDA

View Full Version : [POLL] LoTR!!! (that should attract some people)...

Silver Ledian
2nd January 2004, 11:56 AM
:P

And if Sam is reading this, :> I knew it'd make you have a looksie.

Anyways, just 2 polls really, but if you can expand on them a bit then I'd be greatful!

1. What was your favourite movie of 2003? Why?
2. What was your least favourite/worst movie of 2003? Why?

----- ME:

1. I'd have to say that my favourite movie of 2003 was for definate, 'Finding Nemo'. I think that it was really funny, and although perhaps not as many jokes appeares as say in Shrek and stuff, the ones that did appear had me laughing a lot. It's the film of 2003, that for me, stands out because of it's humour and I'd give 'Character of The Year' to Dory ^^

2. My personal flop of the year was the romance film with George Clooney and Catherine Zeta-Jones, 'Intolerable Cruelty'. I didn't originally want to go and see it because it looked bad but I went because my friends wanted...and who was right? Yep. Pathetic, it wasn't funny at all and it was just so bland, pointless and dull. Poor storyline, that put me off from the start. :no:

PNT510
2nd January 2004, 12:03 PM
1. My favorite movie of the Year is Return of the King. When I first saw Fellowship I didn't care about LOTR much, but by the time I saw this I was completely captured by the magic of Middle Earth.
2. The Hulk. I really enjoyed it when I first saw it, but then the second time I saw it I was bored to tears.

The_Missing_Link
2nd January 2004, 12:22 PM
1) I would say 'Finding Nemo'. I just loved the animation and unlike LoTR, I knew what was going on the whole time. Pixar makes the best moves ^^ I also liked LoTR and Pirates of the Caribbean. Stunning visual effects and both plots were very well made

2) I don't think I have any. Everything I usually see I like and I avoid most of the F-Rated ones but 'Timeline' was a bit slow at times. I liked all the fighting but it dragged on more than usual

Charizard04621
2nd January 2004, 12:32 PM

LotR or The Last Samurai. The LotR special effects were awesome. I'm a huge Tolkien fan, and although the movies didn't hold true to the real thing (the book), it was still well done, for a movie. The music, graphics, etc. were really good. I'm also obsessed with the Japanese, so The Last Samurai was great. Apart from the last samurai being a white guy (meh, they needed *something* to attract people to the box office), they captured samurai culture pretty well.

Uh... I don't know. The ones I watched were pretty good.

Elemental Seribii
2nd January 2004, 02:40 PM
It's a tie between LotR and Finding Nemo. Return of the King because it was a fun, good movie and Nemo because it was very funny without having to slip in crude humor. Dory speaking Whale is the best part. Pirates of the Caribbean was great as well, Johnny Depp makes a great pirate.

Peter Pan. I went to see it last night. ^-^; Wendy is really annoying, and it's quite disturbing the way Peter and Wendy act around each other. The teddy bear was the best actor in it.

Mikey
2nd January 2004, 03:27 PM
1. It would have to be Return of the King w/o any doubt. The special effects were unmatched, the story was compelling, and the ending was very sad. It was the greastest movie ever created and anyone who hated it should be hit in the head with a golf ball. :)

2. I hated Dumb and Dumberer. It was the dumbest thing I have ever subjected myself too.

Starmew15
2nd January 2004, 05:00 PM
1. Do you really need to ask? My favorite movie of 2003, without a doubt, is Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. Where to begin... The battles, the acting, the fact that Peter Jackson kept the original book ending, I could go on and on. Even when I didn't like it, I liked it. (For those who have read the books and know what scenes were cut or changed, you know what I mean.) All in all probably the best cinematic experience of my life. (And yes, I did catch a midnight showing.)

2. Johnny English was the worst movie of 2003. It was literally painful to watch. Bad, bad, bad.

Zak
2nd January 2004, 05:08 PM
I don't have interest in LotR, I just came here cause I was told what this poll was about.

1. Tie between Finding Nemo and Bruce Almighty.

2. Erm... worst one I saw was Legally Blonde 2. I loved the first one a lot, though... but I was disgusted with the way the 2nd one turned out.

~Zak

Zee Sage
2nd January 2004, 05:59 PM
1) Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, without a doubt I loved that movie the only this was there was too many endings I was going insane with all the endings. But I was in tears at the end of the movies. I LOVE THAT MOVIE.

2) Finding Nemo. It sucked. Srry bout the openess but I thought it was to childish and i'm 12. It was funny sure but thats not much to go on...

Royal_Goddess_Tina
2nd January 2004, 09:09 PM
- Hmmmm... I didn't really see a lot of movies this year.... But... I am going to have to pick... hmmmmm.... Okay... I can't pick... I think I will say "Tears of the Sun" and "The Pianist..." Because they were awesome!

-Hmmmmmmmm........ Legally Blond 2 because it was kind of lame just like the actress...

Crystal Mew
2nd January 2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Silver Ledian
:P

And if Sam is reading this, :> I knew it'd make you have a looksie.

*came in cause she saw Lotr*

Eamon caught me :yes:

1. omg, definately LoTR: Return of the King. Why? Why not? lol. Its the best movie I've seen...like in my whole life, no joke. Such an intresting storyline, and I've grown to love the characters. Not only that, it had amazing CG affects...like Smeagol. wow. And not to mention LoTR made me cry... not alot of movies do that...I think LoTR is the first. And I saw it for the second time yesterday, and I cried AGAIN at the end. Even after I knew what happens... :') I love LoTR~

2. Hmmm.....The Hulk. :| I cannot beleive I was dragged to see it, and it wasn't even worth seeing IMO. I was lost half the time, and the story kinda just ended leaving me to think 'wtf....?????' so yeah, the Hulk :wave:

Cheesey
2nd January 2004, 09:41 PM
Um... Pirates of the Carribean. It had a really good cast of actors so everything was acted out well for a start. Johnny Depp was hilarious as Captain Jack Sparrow XD. The plot was both amusing and exciting, so yeah, I really loved it. I've got to watch it again sometime. ^_^ And there were quite a few surprises in it, too. *nod* I thought it was put together better than LotR... But that's just my opinion. =P

Uh... Can't think of one. We didn't go to any films this year that I didn't like, and I couldn't pick a least favourite out of the films I did see. ^_^;;

Katie
3rd January 2004, 03:05 PM
1. LotR was awesome! great story, characters, effects, music.. everything was perfect! PotC was great too, and easier to follow than LotR. but I have to say LotR was my #1 this year, and my #1 out of all the movies I've ever seen.
2. I didn't like Elf much. but I've never really liked movies that center around a holiday, especially the Christmas ones. bah humbug :P

~Katie

Wolfsong
3rd January 2004, 06:11 PM

I saw three that i really enjoyed this year with one of them i just saw today. I enjoyed Return of the king, but i'll miss not having one to look forward to next year. The special effects were awesome as well. I also liked Brother Bear. The animation was awesome. One of the better Disney movies in a long time but nowhere near The Lion King. I also enjoyed Looney Tunes. It was great to see some old favorite characters like sylvester, bugs, and the coyote

No contest to this one. The Hulk. Considering i saw this while still recovering from having a test run on my stomach the day before, it was not only boring, but painful for me as well. I was bored out of my whits during the entire moves. It was one of those where if i could have i would have asked for my money back. It was terrible.

en0miz
4th January 2004, 01:04 AM
The two best movies I saw this year would have to be Finding Nemo and Pay it Forward. I know Pay it Forward didn't come out this year, but I saw it on the TNT channel and loved it. If I could find the dvd I would definately buy it. I didn't like the ending though. ;.;

My other favorite movie would be Finding Nemo. "No eating here tonight! No eating here tonight, you on a dieeeeeeet!" XD Funny, how me and my friends was just quoting that earlier tonight. I still need to get this dvd... I was going to get it but when I was shopping with my mom, I had a choice between this and Lion King, and I picked Lion King.

That would have to be the Hulk. This movie was the crappiest of crap. It was the most boring piece of movie I ever seen in my entire life. It was truly a waste of my $1.50 (I'm glad I went to a discount theatre to see it though... if I saw it at a regular theatre, I would still be mad). The storyline sucked, the actions scenes sucked, the ending sucked (Oh! Let's have the Hulk guy be somewhere in Mexico and say the movie catchphrase in Spanish!!), everything about this movie sucked. I also hated the editing in the movie, for example, how it went to a different scene by all these fancy fade-out pictures and what not. Me and my cousin were sitting in the theatre like "wtf, is this a music video? o_O" In conclusion, The Hulk was trash. :yes:

GreenShirT
4th January 2004, 10:50 AM
Now, Suzie will see me about to post something about my favourite movies of 2003 and think OMG here he goes off on a rant because she knows how much I have loved the movies this year because I took her to see all the ones I saw. (This was alot btw) BUT don't worry I won't rant.

First of all let’s consider the great movies that have been out this year, of all the movies there have also been a whopping 23!! sequels.
The very best 2003 had to offer in my opinion were: (in no order)
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
- The Matrix: Revolutions
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
- X-Men 2
- Pirates of the Caribbean: THE CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL
- The Matrix Reloaded (sort of)
- The Hulk

Those are the films that I watched and had to change underwear afterwards because they were so good but others that I have seen and really enjoyed would be things like A Guy Thing which was pretty funny starring Jason Lee, Darkness Falls with the luscious Emma Caufield, Daredevil was good and pretty darn cool in parts, Bringing down the House was a film I went to see but wasn't sure if I would like it but I did in the end and found it very funny, Phone Booth was a very good film which tried something different to many films and pulled it off well, Bulletproof Monk could have been really bad but it was easy to watch and get into so I enjoyed it, Daddy Daycare with Eddy Murphy was really funny too although mainly because it was about men supervising children and we know Brillo (nuff said), Bruce Almighty saw Jim Carrey back to his comedy best (he is such funny guy 8/10), Dumb and Dumberer was a really funny film and I totally enjoyed it but sadly no Jim Carrey :< , 28 Days Later was one of those films I didn't really know anything about but it ****ing rawked! YEAH!! Freddy Vs Jason was a film that if done badly was gonna totally suck balls but thankfully it was good and very enjoyable to watch. Also it made me want AVP even more, Jeepers Creepers 2 was great and I just saw the first one a few days before so I was in the mood for it, Kill Bill (SOMEBODY), SUZIE! went and saw this without me even though for months in advance I had been telling her she would love it and she must see it only to be told, "I might" so I had to download it but it was pretty darn good Part 2 is said to be even better so I can't wait for it, The Hunted was cool aswell with Tommy Lee Jones making knives from almost nothing at all.

That’s all of the lesser but still great films I saw this year I believe now onto the big ones! Before 2003 I had always had about 5 favourite films but never 1 overall favourite until I saw X-MEN 2. I love this film so much because it is just perfect even more so because of the Phoenix appearing at the end of it. She thought I was having like a massive orgasm when I left because I was breathing deeply and making strange noises but it was sooooooooooooooooooo good and went straight to being my first favourite movie ever.
After X2 I think the next major film I saw was The Hulk which I had been really looking forward too and was not disappointed. I thought the bits with the mutant poodle, military escape and end fight were especially awesome however X2 remained at number 1.
A few months later Reloaded was released and you have to understand that I saw the first Matrix film when very, very few people knew nothing about it because of the way it was advertised with just a website and was totally blown away by it so I had wanted this movie since I saw the first but unfortunately it was a movie for special effects and no story line at all really. Don't get me wrong the effects were mind blowingly awesome and the Agent Smith fight scene was great but it was on a lesser level to the first film but still rocked because it was Matrix. X2 remains king at this time.
The next film that I had been waiting for was Terminator 3. Now I saw Terminator and though wow that was good, saw T2 and was like OMFG that was the best so I was looking forward to this and was not let down in any way. I was thankful that John Conners voice finally broke and the special effects in the movie rocked my socks. I especially loved the ending when judgement day actually happened. X2 remains lord though.
A few days after seeing T3 Suzie went down to Butlins so I had no one to go out with :< but soon after I went down to see her and I saw T3 again in the little cinema there but also I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean and I was really impressed by it. I didn't go in expecting too much from it but was surprised at how much I actually did enjoy it. Johnny Depp was really good in it and was also really funny. Even though I loved it alot X2 still did it for me as no other could.
Finally the day had come, The Matrix: Revolutions. I walked into the cinema with weak knees and boy was it good, oh yeah! This film totally rocked my world. It learned from the mistakes of the second one which totally overused bullet time and this one had the most awesome fights ever in it, with the Sentinels attacking Xion and the final fight, Neo Vs Smith which looked amazing. Finally I had a new favourite film!
Finally we come to the ending of the best trilogy ever, The Return of the King. Everything the last 3 years had been building in the LOTR films had been leading up to this and my, oh my was it worth the wait. It had the most amazing battle scene at Minas Tirith and was just totally amazing. So good infact it joined Revolutions as joint favourite film ever in my chart. I especially liked the part where Legolas went Elephant riding
but Aragon is still cooler.

So there you have it, my favourite films were Revolutions/ROTK. Yet still after seeing all of these cool films with me Suzie only likes Movie 9 ~_~

See I didn't rant on at all :x

Silver Ledian
4th January 2004, 06:13 PM
O_O I hope you're in thr process of making your own little movies webpage or something because if you're not, that's a lot of wasted information and reviews! You seem to love your movies, for sure, Si! Nice post. I loved X-Men 2 also...but I only got to see it on DVD a few weeks ago on my own t.v.. I don't think it had the same impact on me as it would have done if I'd seen it in the cinema, but it was so much better than X1 and that many other films in the past couple of years :o

Heald
4th January 2004, 07:40 PM
1. Love Actually. Brilliant film. The best British comedians make this movie the greatest movie this side of 2000.

2. Matrix: Revolutions. Jesus Christ, the impossible-to-ruin sequel was ruined. The last fight between Neo and Smith was crap because it was entirely computer animated so not really a great special effect at all. The last five minutes where they try and tie everything up by killing all the main characters sucks too.

Mew Master
4th January 2004, 08:45 PM
Favorite Move: The Last Samurai.

I loved it!! I took my GF because I thought she would like it, and she did. The battle scenes may have been a little bloody and gorey, but hey, anything is when you're using a sword.

Least Favorite: Um... I never really saw any other movie, but i'd have to say the LotR sagas... blah.... bleh....

Later.

~Mew Master

EvileSquirrel17
4th January 2004, 09:25 PM
1.) Hmm... probably Bruce Almighty because it was quite funny. I especially like he part where he flicks the guy in the office off ^_^ Yeah, it was a funny movie, and I like Jim Carrey. He's a funny guy. Him and Adam Sandler should do a movie together.. That'd be hilarious for sure x]

2.) Honey... because I didn't like it.. Just.. because o_o Jessica Alba is pretty cool (Dark Angel rocked, so you know) but this movie was like.. crap o.o Just.. crap.. xD

~Anthony

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
5th January 2004, 03:11 AM

1.) The Return of the King. I saw it three times by now, there are a few scenes in it that I could watch a hundred times and they'd still impress me. I'm a Tolkien nerd so I can't but vote for this movie to be the best 2003.

Runner up: Pirates of the Carribean (arrr matey)

2.) Hero. A Chinese (I think) movie in the style of Matrix but with lots of swordfights. It looked damn good but some of it was too ridiculous (the fighters being able to literally walk on water), the storyline was very repetitive and all in all it was just boring, no matter how exciting it was.

Runner up: Finding Nemo (lots of expectations, many disappointments)

mr_pikachu
9th January 2004, 11:55 AM
1. Pokemon 4Ever! No? That doesn't count? Okay... The Emperor's Club, then.

2. 1000-way tie between half the movies of 2003. Sad, but true. X(

Pichu
9th January 2004, 12:03 PM

Seabiscuit. :3 ... I like horses. Actually it is pretty good story and I actually got something out of it. xD ...
I haven't saw Matrix 3 or RoTK yet... I'll wait for the rentals.

"They" ... omfg... I don't know why I saw it. "The Ring" (english version) was awful too. And also... "28 days later" sux too. In other words, I hate horror movies. xD