PDA

View Full Version : Another chance for the Zelda Collecters Disc in the UK

RaZoR LeAf
3rd January 2004, 11:18 AM
Nintendo of Europe are doing a deal now that lets you send for the collectors edition disc, with the 4 games on without having to save up Stars on the website or buy it with a gamecube.

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/news/article.jsp?ElementId=ed916ac1-70f5-44c1-aba8-a888c128f86a

The only thing is it mentions that the four games on the disc are The Legend of Zelda (NES), The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64) and a fully playable demo of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Nintendo GameCube). Which leaves out Adventures of Link on the NES. Whether or not it was accidently left off the lis or whether it doesn't appear on this dsic is unknown yet. Here's the terms and conditions for the disc.

NINTENDO - "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: COLLECTOR'S EDITION" PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS

1. This promotion is only open to residents of the UK, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands aged 16 or over (referred to as "you" or "participants"). Employees of Nintendo of Europe GmbH ("Nintendo"), their families, households, or agents are not eligible to enter this promotion.

2. This promotion cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion, except where clearly indicated.

3. A copy of "The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition" software title (featuring four The Legend of Zelda titles) for the Nintendo GameCube ("Zelda") will be sent to eligible participants who make a qualifying purchase in accordance with the terms and conditions of this promotion. Offer is subject to availability. Only one application per household.

4. To qualify to receive a copy of Zelda you must make a valid bona fide retail purchase from a retailer in the UK, Isle of Man or the Channel Islands between 1 January 2004 and 31 January 2004 (inclusive) of either:

(a) one of the following Nintendo GameCube software titles: Eternal Darkness, F-Zero GX, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, 1080º Avalanche or Mario Party 5; or

(b) two of the following Nintendo GameCube software titles from the Player’s Choice range: Luigi’s Mansion, Pikmin, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, StarFox Adventures or Mario Party 4.
No other Nintendo GameCube software titles are included in this offer.

5. To claim your copy of Zelda, please send your full name and postal address, together with the original till receipt (please take and retain a photocopy before sending) confirming your qualifying purchase, to: Nintendo Zelda Promotion, Nintendo Service Centre, Codestorm House, Walton Road, Farlington, Hampshire, PO6 1TR, to be received no later than 27 February 2004. Only valid original till receipts will be accepted. No other proofs of purchase will be valid.

6. Following validation of your application, you will be sent a copy of Zelda and your original till receipt will be returned to the address supplied with your application within 28 days of validation of your application. No cash alternatives or postal reimbursement will be available.

7. Applications or accompanying documentation which are late, incomplete, altered, illegible or damaged will be invalid. Nintendo accepts no responsibility for applications, accompanying documentation or copies of Zelda which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post. Proof of posting of an application is not proof of delivery.

8. Attempts to redeem this offer by any other means (e.g. direct with the retailer) will be invalid. Nintendo reserves the right to reject any applications which it deems, in its reasonable opinion, to be invalid or fraudulent.

9. For any enquires relating to this promotion, please contact the Nintendo Service Centre on 0870 60 60 247. Calls are charged at the National Rate to the caller.

10. By entering this promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. In case of disputes arising out of this promotion, the decision of Nintendo shall be final. This promotion shall be governed by English Law.

Promoter: Nintendo of Europe GmbH, Nintendo Center, D-63760, Grossostheim, Germany.

EDIT - Just noticed I put Europe in the title, when it's only open to the UK

SageofLaughter
3rd January 2004, 02:06 PM
I see they designed this to once again screw over the loyal fans who already have these god damn games.

This is why I'm sick of Nintendo.

Adz44
7th January 2004, 01:40 PM
I agree, SoL. It would be cheaper for someone buy the disc off eBay (which is what I'll be doing).

Lezta
8th January 2004, 07:30 AM
It's a limited edition disc. To me the whole point was that it was hard to get.

Sigh

woz
8th January 2004, 09:25 AM
I "borrowed" my copy from my sister when she received a new Gamecube for Christmas. She doesn't like Zelda anyway. Haven't had a chance to play it yet; too many exams.

SageofLaughter
8th January 2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Venusaur99
It's a limited edition disc. To me the whole point was that it was hard to get.

Sigh The problem is that Nintendo designed this promotion in such a way that it feels more like a punishment than a reward.

Duo_Washu_III
8th January 2004, 04:59 PM
well, for christmas, me and MToolen got a GCN, and the disk had legend of zelda NES,adventure of link NES, OoT N64, and MM N64. so i guess you have to buy the gamecube just to get that 8-bit, side scrolling different from other zelda's in it's combat, or you might of read wrong. ONLY TIME WILL TELL (^-^) but check again, you might of missed it.