PDA

View Full Version : Perish Song+Baton Pass=?

Powarun
3rd January 2004, 08:23 PM
Can PErish song be baton passed? I was just curious because I have my Absol learn Perish song, and I wasn't sure if I shoudl give a differnt Absol Baton Pass if I was to raise that Absol to have Perish song too.

Poryhedron
3rd January 2004, 11:02 PM
Um...can't Perish Song be pseudopassed, like the effects of Reflect and Light Screen? My understanding is that, once the song's been sung, the perish count on the enemy is not dependent on the singer's presence. So Baton Passing Perish Song would basically mean that, even though you've switched out, your pokémon will still faint soon...great idea there. :(

Don't Run With Scizors
3rd January 2004, 11:08 PM
If a Pokémon that has a Perish timer on them Baton Passes, the incoming teammate will acquire it. It just basically means that Baton Passing out of a Perish Song, even when trapped, is a futile effort.

Victreebong
7th January 2004, 12:33 PM
then baton pass to exploud or electrode, they won't be ko'ed. all the more reason to use exploud with other pokemon.

Don't Run With Scizors
7th January 2004, 12:50 PM
I'm not certain about that. I imagine Soundproof protects them from being affected by Perish Song the first time it's used, but the Perish count is still Baton Passed.

Well, I've got my GBA SP on me right now at school, so I'll just test it vs. Gabby and Ty:

G & T's Pokémon: Exploud and Magneton

My starting Pokémon: Altaria and Ninjask, with Exploud in reserve.

Altaria Perish Songs - everyone except Gabby's Exploud is affected. The other throw out random moves (Supersonic, Swords Dance, Metal Sound, nothing special), and then Ninjask Baton Passes to my Exploud...

...and it acquires my Ninjask's Perish count. Looks like switching to a Soundproof Pokémon doesn't stop it after all.

soggy_cardboard
7th January 2004, 03:00 PM
It just basically means that Baton Passing out of a Perish Song, even when trapped, is a futile effort. Thats why i use a P-songer instead of a roarer/w-wind er poke:yes: its much more fun, especially when i face people with BP-chains:yes:

Victreebong
9th January 2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Don't Run With Scizors
...and it acquires my Ninjask's Perish count. Looks like switching to a Soundproof Pokémon doesn't stop it after all.

that sucks! so that means that the pokemon with soundproof has to be active in order to negate the effects?! did the exploud actually faint from the perish song when you baton passed to it?

if this is the case, and the pokemon has to be active, then when mr. and mrs. mime come on the scene, they should be able to baton pass without fear of passing on the count as well. if they did not prevent the count to the new pokemon, then gamefreak has once again screwed something up beyond fixing! kind of like how curse on the regis still lowers their speed despite the possesion of clear body; apearenlty clear body is only in effect from the opponent. damn it gamefreak, consistancy!