PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Favorite Generation of Pokemon

MadFearow
9th January 2003, 01:30 AM
With the new Pokemon games coming out for GBA, there will be a total of three generations of Pokemon. First there was Red/Blue/Yellow, next Gold/Silver/Crystal, and now Ruby/Sapphire.

So,
What is your favorite generation of Pokemon?
What is your favorite land? (Kanto/Johto/Houen)
What were the best games?

---------------

My favorite generation of Pokemon are in Gold/Silver. Many of them looked pretty neat. My favorite land is Johto, it's a more "untamed" place than Kanto. I think the best games with Gold/Silver, but I have yet to try the GBA games, so maybe I will change my mind.

Totodile_Grl
10th January 2003, 06:59 AM
I haven't played Ruby/Sapphire or seen much about them, so I would say my fave would be Gold/Silver, <3 the animations and such, I dunno when Ruby/Sapphire will be coming out here in Aus, usually its a lot later than the other countries. I like both Johto and Kanto, pretty much the same to me
-Ttg

EDIT: Eek spelling mistakes!

Jay Umbreon
10th January 2003, 08:22 AM
Definetely the originals. they looked cool and normal, GS ones looked pretty weird but still cool, and now, the RS ones just look retarded XD

Johto :) had more features I reckon...better gyms etc. and besides, I havn't played nor do I intend to play on this new Houen or whatever.

I reckon RBY because of the fact it was a good fresh new idea for a game.

~Jay

mistysakura
11th January 2003, 07:37 AM
1. I think GS was the best generation. They looked nice and not-so-weird (can't say that about Slugma, but oh well). R/S is just plain weird and R/B/Y was pretty good too.

2. Haven't seen Houen yet, so I'll say Johto. They've got lots of interesting palces, not just gyms, marts and pokecenters. Too bad the Safari Zone was closed, though.

3. R/B/Y was the best game (I think Y was, actually) because it's just good. The happiness to get Pokemon thing was nice. G/S and R/S could get a bit tiring, repeating all that training-catching-training-catching all the time. Especially the training. It's just so tiring.

Crystal Vulpix
12th January 2003, 09:27 AM
1)I like the 2nd Generation the most! i have so many favorite pokemon there: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Celebi, Lugia, Umbreon, Espeon, and many many others^^
Pokemon from R/S are pretty strange for me. 1st Generation is extra too!

2) JOHTO!!!!! I LOVE JOHTO!!!

3) My favorite game is "Crystal". I like Marina, she is very nice character. That game has the best scenario- for me.
R/B/Y is very good too. R/S is good but not the best. Why? Game is too short, no Kanto and Johto, no old pokemon (only few), Team Magma/Aqua looks like a local gang. I remember good, old Team Rocket^^ Many Members and strong pokemon.

Anyway, I really like R/S. Game has nice pics, nice music etc. but I think, that Crystal is better

Red Angel
12th January 2003, 10:25 AM
Meh... probably the originals...

Definetly pre-GSC Kanto... that thing had more "depth" than Johto or the horribly butchered thing they called Kanto in GSC

Meh... RB not Y by a tiny margin ahead of GSC... that may change once RS come out, tho...

JamieC
12th January 2003, 12:40 PM
Favourite generation? I like the animated Crystal pokes, makes them look a bit more 'real'.

Favourite land? I guess Kanto - in RBY. It passed by too quickly in GSC and has no real purpose but to drag the game out a bit longer.

Best Game? None have quite hit perfection. RB had good difficulty - I remember stressing for ages in Silph Co. And the Cerulean Cave is just a brill idea. Where are the high level pokemon in GSC? I want L80 wild pokemon!!!