PDA

View Full Version : Planned RSBot team

Sarcastic Assassin
4th January 2004, 03:32 PM
In no particular order. All have serious (neutral, I believe) personalities unless otherwise noted.

Bannette
Snatch, Shadow Ball, Return, Will-O-Wisp
GM's set. Thank you, GM.

Blaziken @Leftovers
Aerial Ace, Flamethrower, Sky Upper, Reversal
AA for his weakness. FT and SU for STAB. Reversal for when he's really hurtin'.

Flygon @Leftovers
Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Giga Drain, Dragon Claw
Meh, semi-experimental. I'll probably end up switching SD and SB for some other moves.

Milotic @Leftovers
Surf, Ice Beam, Recover, Mirror Coat
Milotic = RS Blastoise

Medicham @Leftovers
Recover, Hi Jump Kick, Psychic, Calm Mind
This set = duh

Slaking @Chesto
Return, Rest, Yawn, ???
Slaking = RS Snorlax. I'd like to switch Slaking with another pokemon, just to round out my team (maybe an annoyer?) Any suggestions are welcome.

I dunno if Leftovers is still legal; if it isn't, then I'll just equip Shell Bell.

GoldDraconian
4th January 2004, 05:54 PM
Bannette
Snatch, Shadow Ball, Return, Will-O-Wisp
GM's set. Thank you, GM.

Since this has no Special attacks, so Jolly (-Spatk +Speed) or Adamant (-Spatk +Atk) will be strictly superior to Serious.

Blaziken @Leftovers
Aerial Ace, Flamethrower, Sky Upper, Reversal
AA for his weakness. FT and SU for STAB. Reversal for when he's really hurtin'.

I don't see how Aerial Ace covers his weaknesses- he's weak to Psychic, Ground, Water, Flying... none of which are weak to Flying. Reversal is rather unreliable with no Endure, and it conflicts with Leftovers. I'd also get Overheat or Fire Blast over Flamethrower... So Overheat or Fire Blast/Sky Uppercut/Endure/Reversal is the moveset I suggest.

Flygon @Leftovers
Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Giga Drain, Dragon Claw
Meh, semi-experimental. I'll probably end up switching SD and SB for some other moves.

Sunny Day + Solarbeam is only good on Pokemon where it's... well... good. It helps Blaziken by a bit, but also messes with Milotic's Surfing. Solarbeam plus Giga Drain is overkill in the Grass department, especially on something with average Special Attack. I would recommend Earthquake/Rock Hidden Power/Return/Quick Attack with a Choice Band attached on Flygon, since he has better Attack than Special Attack. If you do use that set, made it Adamant or Jolly.

If you really want Sunny Day, use SD/Solarbeam/Fire Blast or Flamethrower/Dragon Claw with Modest.

Milotic @Leftovers
Surf, Ice Beam, Recover, Mirror Coat
Milotic = RS Blastoise

No arguments on this one, except that it should be Calm or Modest since it doesn't use its Attack.

Medicham @Leftovers
Recover, Hi Jump Kick, Psychic, Calm Mind
This set = duh

Actually, this set is kinda bad. Recover is iffy at best on Medicham, since it has poor durability. Hi Jump Kick should probably be Brick Break. If you want to use Calm Mind, replace Recover with Baton Pass; otherwise, use Shadow Ball over Recover and Bulk Up over Calm Mind. Psychic can stay solely because it outdamages Medicham's other moves against Weezing. Even with Psychic on, Adamant is a better personality than a neutral one.

Slaking @Chesto
Return, Rest, Yawn, ???
Slaking = RS Snorlax. I'd like to switch Slaking with another pokemon, just to round out my team (maybe an annoyer?) Any suggestions are welcome.

Slaking =/= RS Snorlax. Snorlax attacks every turn, is slow and is a tank; Slaking skips every other turn, has average-fast Speed, and should be piling damage on other Pokemon with a shovel or, better yet, a dumptruck. All the time. ASAP. Meaning that Rest and Yawn are cut. Return/Earthquake/Shadow Ball or Brick Break or Focus Punch/Shadow Ball or Brick Break or Focus Punch or Hyper Beam is a fairly typical moveset. Also, due to no special moves, Adamant or Jolly is good.

BTW, as I was thinking about Slaking, I decided to calculate what his stat total is in practice. During an "on" turn, all of his stats have the potential to matter (670 total). On an "off" turn, offenses and Speed become non-factors, so the total of the stats that matter is 315. Average them out and you get 492.5. This idea is set off by switching out on an "off" turn and stuff like that, but it gives a more accurate analysis of what he's like than just dividing 670 by 2 or anything like that.

I dunno if Leftovers is still legal; if it isn't, then I'll just equip Shell Bell.

It's legal.

MetalScyther
8th January 2004, 03:13 PM
This team = owned by slaking. And that is the only point I am going to make. You have 1 normal immunity and the rest are just killed by a well-played slaking. Think about it. Having one real counter to slaking(banette) isn't really ideal, especially since banette won't last very long on switch-ins. Adding a steel or rock type would be good, or atleast sometihng that is resistant to normal attacks and has good defense.

Spinarak-Man
8th January 2004, 06:19 PM
Or make some room for Protect on key Slaking targets...

Gligar_Man
8th January 2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by [McGraw]
Isn't that MrE's Banette?

GD said everything that needs to be said.

it was in the moveset guide, i guess he thinks i invented every set in there, 8<

but yeah thats is e's or so close to e's he gets credit