PDA

View Full Version : Dark Gengar's Ally/Rival

Roarkiller
9th January 2003, 03:51 AM
Yum, the new e2-Hypno is sooo broken. If its the active, u can choose to make the defending Pokémon asleep. Just like that. No flips, no fuss, no worries, no using more than once per turn :P Hey, small price to pay, although its attack doesnt compliment it at all. Attacks for 30 and if it the defending aint dead yet, u choose a bench and switch it. No more sleep status. Well, switching in itself is a plus i guess.

Psychic Showdown

Pkmn(20)
3 gastly
3 DK haunter
3 DK gengar
3 LC drowzee
3 e2-hypno
3 misdreavus
2 cleffa

Trainers(26)
4 elm
3 bill
2 copycat
3 gold berry
3 focus band
3 double gust
2 switch
2 time capsule
4 trader

2 recycle
12 psychic

Btw, is there ANY pkmn players left in ths board? Or r u guyz juz waiting for Aquapolis to come out?

Eden
9th January 2003, 05:12 AM
He, Roarkiller. Meself is looking much forward to VS on English (If it'll ever come. Besides must ask you why it's broken? Many Pokémon makes others asleep without Flipping. Or is it it's Pokémon power?

DarkBlastoise
9th January 2003, 12:22 PM
yeah...im just waiting for them to do sometin at te Wizards...they suck..nice deck...9/10..

-2 Recycle
-1 Trader
-1 Time Capsule (trust me 1's enough)

+1 Cleffa
+2 Tyrogue (Tech)
+1 Psychic Energy

that should do for the moment...u know what'll be good soon? Boost Energy...its like Dodrio in an Energy Form...

Silvercharizard
9th January 2003, 03:54 PM
"Btw, is there ANY pkmn players left in ths board? Or r u guyz juz waiting for Aquapolis to come out?"

I'm still here :(

"that should do for the moment...u know what'll be good soon? Boost Energy...its like Dodrio in an Energy Form..."

lol boost energy is the triple colourless one that doesnt let you retreat while its on o.O

Warp is what i think you mean, not boost :P

hmmmz about the deck, you might want to try and put in some boss's way or professor Elm's Research *sees trader* ooops that should take care of it...

but, my fix:

-2 time capsule

+1/2 town volunteers

+1/2 psychic energy

btw, town volunteers is a supporter which is a time capsule without helping your opponent or cutting trainers :D

nice deck, 9/10 here too ^_^

:wave:

Clicky Pen
9th January 2003, 04:25 PM
Feh, i still play, but none of this newfangled karp. For what I know, i'd dump a psychic energy for another gastly. :\ best i can do. Whee.

hobbs
9th January 2003, 05:07 PM
Picture of Hypno:
http://www.wizards.com/global/images/pk_aq_xcvnbbv.jpg

Deck looks great. A 25% chance of attack every turn seems pretty darn good. I'd go w/ Silver Charizard and Clicky Pen on the fix.

Eden, Wizards is releasing one of the VS cards, Rocket's Sneasel, as the next Battlezone promo. However, a full set seems highely unlikely.

Roarkiller
9th January 2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Eden
He, Roarkiller. Meself is looking much forward to VS on English (If it'll ever come. Besides must ask you why it's broken? Many Pokémon makes others asleep without Flipping. Or is it it's Pokémon power?

Its power. Thats what makes it so sweeeeeet. And glad to see some ppl answering. Oddly, i posted at least 2 other topics w/o getting response.

Btw, recycle E. is to retreat Hypno after using its power so that i can actually attack that turn. I'll try the town volunteer when i actually see what it does *too lazy to search any database* I dunno bout sitting more energy. 14 is generally quite low for modified, and im still not used to playing less than 15 in modified.

Since pkmn players r still here, i'll post more fun deck strategies and combos for aquapolis. It seems that im the only one that is up to date about it.

Pooka Rulez
10th January 2003, 04:55 PM
I know what you mean. Only one post on my topic, and that was you. lol. Anyway. I'll stay here until it closes. (Which it most likely won't) Never gonna quit this game or this board. Yeah. Onto the deck.

I really don't like the idea of the Hypno/Dark Gengar, because it's a little hard to get both out. But, if you insist on playing it, I'd do this:

-1 Drowsee
-1 Hypno
-2 Misdreavus (don't really like this card...)
-3 Bill (really don't like it in Modified)
-1 Time Capsule (1 is good)
-1 Psychic

+1 Gastly
+1 Tyrogue
+1 Cleffa/Pichu/Murkrow
+1 Igglybuff (Promo)/Murkrow
+1 Copycat
+2 Bill's Maitenance (like it better than Bill, basically personal preference)
+2 Dark Energy (they come in handy)

Uh yeah. Misdreavus really doesn't do that great, even in a Dark Gengy IMO. Takes really long to power up. 50 HP doesn't help, either. They play a Switch, Retreat back to their Main Hitter, KO ol' Misdreavus. When Aquapolis comes out, use Boratia of the City over Time Capsule. (I think the real name is Town Volunteers) It's like Time Capsule, except it's a Supporter and you can still play Trainers. If the Translation is correct, it can also get back Special Energy. WotC will probably change that, though. That's about it. Great deck other than that.

Alec Trevelyan
10th January 2003, 10:10 PM
uh, im waiting to see all aquapolis cards (if any1 would send me the link)... now that we have league 3, i think we gonna have more mmf action around, so, im gonna turn on :D

Roarkiller
10th January 2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Alec Trevelyan
uh, im waiting to see all aquapolis cards (if any1 would send me the link)... now that we have league 3, i think we gonna have more mmf action around, so, im gonna turn on :D

Aquapolis aint even out yet, Alec. DMTM's juz being nice in posting spoilers at WizPog. Pokeschool, me and Poke_dome (i think) r all covering the latest releases.

Btw, juz found out that Hypno's attack has a 'may' in it. Hypno is definitely the card to counter when it comes out.

@Pooka: yeah, forgot bout switch and DG. But i think it'll survive since there's no removals. And its the only anti-resistance i can think off strong enough to KO a steelix w/ 4 metal quickly.