PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Channel Pokemon Info

Skyelugia
5th January 2004, 08:03 PM
Finally, I have some place to put this question!! Well, here it goes. I am having trouble finding two Pokemon in Pokemon Channel, Wooper and Teddiursa. Those are the only ones that I do not have a Platinum card for. I need to know where they appear, when they appear, and at what weather condition. Thanks for your help in advance.

GreenShirT
7th January 2004, 12:28 PM
The game isnt out here yet and it is questionable as to whether it will be at all so I personally can't help, sorry. I asked a few people about it for you but no reply as yet.

Is the game any good then?

SWAMPERT1
7th January 2004, 03:02 PM
Unfortunatly, i think your on your own for this one. I tried searching for your situation but with no luck. My say is to just go around and look all over. Sorry but thats all thats curantly available. Oh well, Good Luck! Sorry that i could not help.:(

Skyelugia
8th January 2004, 10:58 AM
By the way, I finally found Wooper (that was the hard one because I thought you had to fish for it, but you didn't), and I can locate Teddiursa by trial and error. This game is mostly experiencing the same things over and over, but if you get attached to it, you can enjoy it for a very long time. Just watching the Pokemon, and just waiting for what is going to be mentioned next in the shows, are enough to keep you going. Only 101 Pokemon can be found in live GameCube gloriness (some others show up in the anime and in-between pictures, and others show up as objects like dolls or posters.) Even though it uses the Gamecube clock for time of day, it doesn't use the calendar. It is a simple yet intriguing game.

Animelee
8th January 2004, 01:36 PM
You hit the nail on the head, Skye. I had the game since Christmas -- it's really great!

I still need to find Crobat, Shuckle, Chansey, Beedrill, Latias, and Jirachi. >_<

I know that Latias visits Cobalt Coast on cloudly mornings, but I can never find her.

I also know that Jirachi visits the campsite during nights, but, I can never find it!

I also know that Crobat is at Mt.Snowfall during evenings, but, it, too, is never there. :S

DragonLover
9th January 2004, 09:30 AM
Does anybody mind if i ask what exactly is this game?

Skyelugia
9th January 2004, 11:03 AM
An overview: Pokemon Channel is an all-Pokemon television networ, and Prof. Oak has chosen you as the initial test audience! Before beginning to sample the shows, however, a wild Pikachu shows up at your door, wanting to watch them with you. The game progression is simple: Watch the different television shows and talk to Prof. Oak to get new programs the next day. There are many things you can do with the different programs. On Shop N Squirtle, you can purchase items for your room, as well as key items, with money you get from wild Pokemon or other programs. Quiz Wobbuffet is the best initial way to earn money. After three questions that the Pokemon answer, you will be allowed to answer a question for money. This money can be used to buy things on Shop N Squirtle, such as Pokemon cards, TVs, dolls, posters, and more. Once you receive the Smeargle Paint system, you can paint scenes from the different Anime parts, but you will be able to eventually paint off of every program. Of course you can go outside with Pikachu as well to meet wild Pokemon. Shop N Squirtle has the Bus Passes you need to go to the places beyond your house and yard. Certain Pokemon only show up at certain times or certain weather conditions, however. Slowpoke's Weather Channel is how you change the weather of an area. However, Slowpoke will stay in an area until he changes the weather, or if it says that the weather will stay the same. With Slowpoke, you have to be really patient to get the weather in the place you want. You cannot choose where Slowpoke goes next, as a result I had him change the weather in Viridian Forest 6 times in a row! There are 101 different Pokemon. If you have trouble finding a particular one, check Psyduck's news reports on PNF. Watch the conditions when Meowth interviews a Pokemon, that should give you a clue on how to find that Pokemon. Psyduck's reports may also tell you of a Pokemon in a certain area, and maybe the time and weather of the appearance. If you like watching different Pokemon, you will like this game.

DragonLover
9th January 2004, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the information, ill make sure to get the game :)

Razola
23rd January 2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by DragonLover
Thanks for the information, ill make sure to get the game :)
Please do us a favor and don't. It is only a "game" in the terms that it actually can run on a machine that plays games. There is less gameplay in Channel than in Hey You Pikachu, which is just sad.

Stop supporting halfassed home console Pokemon games, don't buy this crap and maybe we'll get more RPGs like Coleseum.

I just read the Gamespy review (http://www.gamespy.com/reviews/january04/pokemonchannelgcn/) and I agree with it oh so much. Why Nintendo made this game is beyond me.

DragonLover
23rd January 2004, 11:54 AM
I read the review on IGN, and i found out that its not that good. But my little sister had to go and buy it >.> (She cant resist anything pokemon) I havent played it that much, but it is bad, it does have some fun things in it though