PDA

View Full Version : Heya, could you help me with my team?

Marl
5th January 2004, 10:33 PM
Okies, first off...

Just wanna say that this is an in game team so any moves that aren't in Ruby and Sapphire etc... don't bother mentioning ok? Thanks. Oh and I know I'm kinda dense so no doubt there'll be mistakes, lol... feel free to point them out. Just try not to be mean about it and I won't say anything back k? ;) lol. I know I'm bad at this, but I'm trying to learn :D

Oh and I left off their natures. I already sorted them to best for that moveset, no worries there ;) Nace helped me with that. But hey, if you wanna suggest one I'm listening.

All feedback appreciated. I'll try not to get mad at bad feedback ;)

EDITED 7/1/04 -Thankyou for your suggestions!

Crobat
-------
Sludge bomb
Shadow Ball
Haze
Confusy Ray

Going with haze because I WILL need it.

Ninetales
---------
Overheat (with white herb)
Will-O-Wisp
Roar
Protect

Edited as per suggestion

Zangoose
----------
Swords Dance
Return
Brick Break
Shadow ball

Edited as per suggestion

Guardeviour (stat effect retaliation ability [whatever it's called...])
------------
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Will-O-Wisp

Ah yes... I love these things, lol. Normal attack moves I think... then calm mind and will-o-wisp with the intention of making it somewhat tanky. Might work, might not. *shrugs* Prolly better movesets available tho. I was thinking of going with rest and mean look to make use of the stat effect retaliation thing... y'know, where it copies say burn or whatever to them too then I rest and get healed. It could work... in theory. Evs into SPECIAL ATTACK and maybe SPEED or HP. *shrugs* No item set yet.

Whiscash (with wake up berry)
----------
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Surf
Rest

I like this A MILLION TIMES MORE THAN SWAMPERT! So don't bother suggesting I switch. I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE swampert. Get the picture? I like good ol' Wario fish... lol... play Wario Ware if y'dunno what I mean ;)

Edited as per suggestion.

Raichu
-------
Thunderbolt
Thunderwave
Focus punch
Encore

Edited as per suggestion

So like I said, all feedback welcome. heck any feedback would be nice, lol... I'm used to getting none on a LOT of forums ;) But you guys have always been pretty nice so I hope to see a few posts sayin' how bad my team is :D Later y'all.

titandude21
6th January 2004, 12:06 AM
Crobat: ok as a hazer... if you don't need a hazer, then aerial ace and some attack over haze and confuse ray and give it a choice band

Ninetales: protect/confuse ray over grudge... also lefties over white herb, it doesn't really need white herb

Zangoose: rest isn't worth it. swords dance, return, shadow ball, quick attack

Gardevoir: works... i think you're referring to Synchronize

Whiscash: not a whiscash expert, but rest/something over tickle

Raichu: T-Wave, T-Bolt, Focus Punch, Encore/Protect

Marl
7th January 2004, 03:00 AM
Just noting that I edited my original list. More feedback welcome of course. I wanna start training soon if possible tho ;)

oh and I didn't give Zangoose quick attack btw. Why? I just wanna give it brick break... it's a little extra advantage against steel types and other normals... and I can't see myself finding a situation to use quick attack (or remembering to, lol...) But if y'all can give me a good reason to keep it with quick attack i'll think about it ;)

Marl
9th January 2004, 05:23 AM
I see no more replies so I'm guessing this is as good as it's gunna get, lol. I'll start working on my team now in game then. thanks again for your help, later!

GoldDraconian
9th January 2004, 09:59 PM
Crobat
-------
Sludge bomb
Shadow Ball
Haze
Confusy Ray

If you WILL need Haze, I guess I can let this slide... Aerial Ace over Confuse Ray might be nice, though.

Ninetales
---------
Will-O-Wisp
Roar
Protect

Edited as per suggestion

Meh... I'd have your Confuse Ray here rather than Roar.

Zangoose
----------
Swords Dance
Return
Brick Break
Shadow ball

Edited as per suggestion

Quick Attack over Brick Break is an option.

------------
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Will-O-Wisp

Ah yes... I love these things, lol. Normal attack moves I think... then calm mind and will-o-wisp with the intention of making it somewhat tanky. Might work, might not. *shrugs* Prolly better movesets available tho. I was thinking of going with rest and mean look to make use of the stat effect retaliation thing... y'know, where it copies say burn or whatever to them too then I rest and get healed. It could work... in theory. Evs into SPECIAL ATTACK and maybe SPEED or HP. *shrugs* No item set yet.

Standard.

----------
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Surf
Rest

I like this A MILLION TIMES MORE THAN SWAMPERT! So don't bother suggesting I switch. I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE swampert. Get the picture? I like good ol' Wario fish... lol... play Wario Ware if y'dunno what I mean

Not much else this guy can do...

Raichu
-------
Thunderbolt
Thunderwave
Focus punch
Encore

Edited as per suggestion

Yep. =\

Marl
23rd January 2004, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by GoldDraconian
Crobat
-------
Sludge bomb
Shadow Ball
Haze
Confusy Ray

If you WILL need Haze, I guess I can let this slide... Aerial Ace over Confuse Ray might be nice, though.

One question: WHY? I said I'd like an explination please... I am trying to learn why this would be better here! Oh well... thanks anyways... but I'll stick with Confuse Ray which in theory would help it last longer as opposed to a move which I can't see it needing... it couldn't hit anything with that it couldn't already could it?

Ninetales
---------
Will-O-Wisp
Roar
Protect

Edited as per suggestion

Meh... I'd have your Confuse Ray here rather than Roar.

[/B]
Umm... seriously it has Will-O-Wisp. So Confuse Ray wouldn't be doing much... I mean I get the whole 'making them hit it less therefore it lasts longer' thing but wouldn't it work better on a toxic set rather than burn?

Zangoose
----------
Swords Dance
Return
Brick Break
Shadow ball

Edited as per suggestion

Quick Attack over Brick Break is an option.

[/B]
It's an option huh? *fights urge to be sarcastic* Why is that? I was going for more versatility... and it will already be as fast as possible and definitely faster than anything I can think of that has endure and reversal or whatever... but anywho if you can explain why I might consider it.

------------
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Will-O-Wisp

Standard.

[/B]
I figured it was... lol... thanks for pointing it out tho. Yeah, I appreciate that. :) Now I am sure.

----------
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Surf
Rest

I like this A MILLION TIMES MORE THAN SWAMPERT! So don't bother suggesting I switch. I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE swampert. Get the picture? I like good ol' Wario fish... lol... play Wario Ware if y'dunno what I mean

Not much else this guy can do...

[/B]
I'd argue there is but I'm not in the mood. Nace had a great tickle related moveset for it ages back...

Raichu
-------
Thunderbolt
Thunderwave
Focus punch
Encore

Edited as per suggestion

Yep. =\ [/B]

Hmm... I'll take that as 'yeah it's kinda standardy too' or something.

Thanks for the feedback tho I still haven't gotten any explination of certain moves.

Which sucks as I am trying to learn here... but whatever. Thanks anyways, I still appreciate it. :) Later. Oh and sorry about the slow reply. More help appreciated too k? ;)

Don't Run With Scizors
23rd January 2004, 07:41 AM
Umm... seriously it has Will-O-Wisp. So Confuse Ray wouldn't be doing much... I mean I get the whole 'making them hit it less therefore it lasts longer' thing but wouldn't it work better on a toxic set rather than burn?

The point of confusion is the 50% chance of them not attacking, not the tiny amount of damage that it causes. Don't expect confusion to do much damage regardless of a burn or not.

Marl
27th January 2004, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by Don't Run With Scizors
The point of confusion is the 50% chance of them not attacking, not the tiny amount of damage that it causes. Don't expect confusion to do much damage regardless of a burn or not.

*nodnods* Ok... I get that. But you can do serious damage with confusion on the right pokemon... with the right moves. Swagger is better for that tho... and it's not the point is it? ;)

ok... so maybe I should change roar with confuse ray...? I figure confuse ray would work better with toxic but I guess Ninetales needs the defensive boost of its opponent being burned?

So...

Ninetales:
Overheat
Confuse Ray
Will-O-Wisp
Protect

is more workable? Prolly a standard or something, lol... I was thinking of trying:

Overheat
Toxic
Confuse Ray
Protect

or something once too... Would that work d'ya think?

Or:

Overheat
Toxic
Will-O-Wisp
Roar

for a toxic everything that can be and burn the rest kinda Ninetales... 's a thought...

Anyways comments appreciated.

DragonLover
27th January 2004, 03:34 PM
I suggest this set.
Ninetales
-Fireblast (preferably with maxed PP)
-Toxic/Will-o-Wisp
-Hp Grass
-Roar/Confuse Ray

Thats my Ninetales and i have yet to lose a match with her, shes my absolute favourite so i take good care of her, believe me with set youll do fine, and btw if you have both Toxic and Will-o-Wisp that would just be a waste of space since you can use a better move instead. And btw dont choose roar on him, unless you want ninetales as a phazer, which i dont suggest since its defenses arent that good.

Marl
27th January 2004, 11:35 PM
Thanks. Sounds like an interesting set.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I know this is a nuisance.... but I realised I need to
rebreed my Ninetales either way and I already used
a TM I might have needed... so that's kinda F'd up my
current file.

So I'm gunna restart and try and work of what I've
learned here.

Oh and thankyou for suggesting Quick Attack on my
Zangoose too.

NACE EXPLAINED WHY IT WORKS. THANKYOU NACE
WHO ACTUALLY LISTENED TO ME, lol... honestly I put
I am trying to learn in the initial post... so people just
don't bother explaining... but whatever. Thankyou all
for your help.

Hopefully next time I'll put up a much better team ;)

Take care y'all! Luv ya!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

You can close this now if you'd like Mods. Thanks. :)