PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Box

GreenShirT
6th January 2004, 10:10 AM
What do you guys think about this?

If you don't know Pokemon Box is basically a game of sorts for the Gamecube which allows you to store upto 1500 pokemon from your Ruby or Sapphire carts onto the special GC cart and also allows you to sort, search and use other management facilities to keep the little critters all neat and happy. It also lets you play R/S on your TV!!

But, personally I don't see a huge demand for this to anyone other than die hard fans. It isn't something I will be buying for one. How about you?

Jay
6th January 2004, 10:51 AM
Nah.

Have seen reviews and simply I'm not impressed at all by it. I can play R/S on my television already, and I have more than enough boxes I need to store pokemon. No thank you.

Number1ChanseyFan
6th January 2004, 10:58 AM
I doubt that I will buy Pokémon Box too. There is plenty of space to store Pokémon on Ru/Sa. The ability to play Ru/Sa on the television is nice, but with the quality of the GB Advance and the GB Advance SP, playing on the TV isn't as exciting as it was back when the Super Game Boy came out, and it allowed people to play the black and white games on TV with a little bit of color. Personally, I also think that this game would be mostly for the diehard fans, although I am a huge fan of the game, I would rather save up money for Colluseum and Fire Red/Leaf Green.

Don't Run With Scizors
6th January 2004, 01:10 PM
The best feature of Pokémon Box is not its storage, but the fact that with Box you can get eggs that hatch into Pokémon with special moves including False Swipe Swablu, Pay Day Skitty, Wish Ralts, and - probably the most important of all - Extremespeed Zigzagoon. I'm surprised nobody has even mentioned this yet.

Andrew
6th January 2004, 04:13 PM
I wouldn't buy Pokemon Box, just for a Special Move Pokemon, unless of course there was a competition in the area, which resulted in a large cash prize.

But I really really don't think its worth it. So you can prettify your boxes and stuff.

I heard rumors however, how if you arrange the Pokemon in a special way, you get a new one or something. And that if you leave two alone, next to eachother in a box, if compatable for breeding, when actually bred, the baby will pop out faster.

The Muffin Man
6th January 2004, 05:15 PM
I might pick it up if the rumors are true that it's only gonna be about 15-20$. I'm not paying full price unless they bundle it with Colliseum.

Red Angel
6th January 2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
I might pick it up if the rumors are true that it's only gonna be about 15-20$.

The box is $17 with memory card or $23 with memory card and gc-gba cable.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/421/421792p1.html

Cheesey
7th January 2004, 11:56 AM
I dunno. I think it's only going to be about Ł15 in the UK, which isn't very much. It looks like a cool little... well, thingy, but I'd rather buy Colosseum and either FR/LG beforehand. If I have money afterwards I'll consider getting it. It's not like I have anything against it - Nothing of the sort - But still it looks to me like it's only something you'd get if you had spare money.

What DRWS mentioned was cool too, though. It could really add another dollop of interest into the games. =o

homeofmew
12th January 2004, 10:41 AM
Pokemon Box isn't really game, it just to store you pokemon.
This game also cost less tan other regular games.

But it is nice to have somewhere to store your pokemon safely.

Togetic
12th January 2004, 03:42 PM
Yea... I know for a fact that Im buying this game... I really like breeding and keeping several copies of different Pokémon... Plus iz not that much money... N since I have it... Y not buy it... Iz a lot of space that your getting... N those special move Pokémon too...

Ultimate Pikachu
12th January 2004, 06:06 PM
I'm getting it. I need space for all the eggs I might breed for my team. It looks coo, especialy the border for playing Ruby and Sapphire on the T.V. I want to make lots of teams, they will go in the game, the rest will go in the box.

dark_tyranitar
13th January 2004, 04:05 PM
I am most certainly getting it, since I really could use the organizational functions that it allows.

Powarun
19th January 2004, 03:36 PM
I would get it, for 3 reasons, the memory card/GBA cable, right there is a deal, for having another pokemno game, and self trading.

BlueEyesPikachu
21st January 2004, 05:05 PM
I'm definitly going to get it. When does it come out?

woz
21st January 2004, 05:20 PM
there is no official release date for north america or europe. it is currently available in japan and has been since 30th may.

Bacl
3rd February 2004, 06:29 PM
Does anyone know if the Japanese Pokemon Box is compatible with the American Gamecube system AND the American Pokemon Ruby/Sappire?

Because it doesn't look like it's gonna ever come out in America and i want to know if I should import it.

Many thanks, in advance.

Gagome
4th February 2004, 01:21 AM
To play the japanese Pokemon Box on a American GC you need the Freeloader. I have confirmed this with my friend who used my Pokemon Box version on his PAL GC with the Freeloader without any problems.
But unfortunately it is not compatible with the US version of R/S. You need the japanese versions of the game. I have confirmed this too. When you connect the US version of R/S to the GC nothing happens. Pokemon Box simply ignores it.