PDA

View Full Version : Post Hoenn?

Andrew
9th January 2004, 05:42 AM
Well what do you think will happen after Hoenn? My speculations are that Ash comes 2nd or 4th in the Hoenn league. He then travels back to Kanto with May, Max and Brock and we have a short and final season of Ash and Co going through Kanto, getting the badges again, and finally, Ash wins the Pokemon League. In Kanto.

I think that'd be the best ending, because we'd have closure on good old Kanto, see old characters, and plus it kinda makes a bit of sense with Fire Red/Leaf Green coming out.

But well it'll be good to see all of Ash's old team as he romps around his homeland, bringing in tow a reluctant May and Masato. Plus we'll probably have a finished Misty vs Ash rematch, last seen in the Whirl Cup, Who gets to keep Togepi and the Cerulean City Gym Match.

I think its safe to say there's a contest house in Viridian and probably Vermillion atm. So I think there's May's storyline, and the other two really don't have much of a personality anyway, so there's no hard stretches there.

So what do you think will happen Post Hoenn?

Zak
9th January 2004, 06:19 AM
Hmm, interesting theory. I would agree on most of that, however... I don't think it will end after that season. There is confirmed to be another Generation of even more Pokemon, and they won't quit till it's over ;).

But it's all a matter of time. Johto started in Japan the day GSC was released there, but Kanto finished a bit earlier. Therefore to take up the time, they had the Orange Islands season, which was basically a random unpredictable promotion of all the RBY Pokemon, with some more GSC sneak peaks like Marill. They timed it to end the day GSC was released.

R/S was released in Japan the day Hoenn started there. Johto, however, was an ENORMOUSLY long league, that they had enough time to span it across and time the release of R/S all the way to the end of Johto. I believe this is the reason they did this, cause they couldn't come up with an Orange Islands type season to randomly promote all the RBYGSC Pokemon while we were awaiting R/S. Johto was long enough to cover all that.

That would mean that the next season based on the next generation Pokemon game would start the day it's released. As some of you may have seen, they're advancing through the gyms pretty fast, and most of the episodes in between have a point. The few fillers are mostly really good fillers. So, at this rate (kinda a spoiler but not really, since it's obvious this will happen) in Japan they're near the 5th Gym already, and we haven't heard ANYTHING about a single one of the new Pokemon. Therefore, I agree there will be another OI type season, with random unpredictable features of Pokemon of all three generations, for the meantime we await the release. A return to Kanto would be nice, but it would be kinda tough to smuggle some non-RBY Pokemon in there without making it seem enormously bad... but given the Hoso's, it's possible. However, most of the Hoenn Pokemon featured there seem to belong to some trainer. Then again, Sakura gets a Beautifly and she's from Johto. Then there's that Delcatty/Pelipper trainer, that's near Cerulean City... he may be traveling though *shrugs*. Oh, and then there's the guy who makes Cascade badges in Rifure Town (an Anime-exclusive city in Kanto featured in one of the Hoso's, it's close to Cerulean), and he has a Feraligatr.

So... yeah, I say there's about a 30% chance of a return to Kanto, but definately not the end. I'm more for a filler unpredictable season between Johto and Generation 4 :D.

Also, I'm gonna move this to Spoilers. I know this topic is based on speculation rather than spoilers, however, as I was posting this and making speculations based on Spoilers, I'm pretty sure there's a big chance that a lot of the replies may be based on spoilers. Hope you don't mind Ozzy :P

~Zak

Nikku-San
9th January 2004, 11:15 AM
I really think that by that point, Ash should step out of the lime-light and a new trainer should take his place. Don't get me wrong, I love Ash, his stupidity is a bonus, in my oppinion. But 7 is a lucky number and after 7 seasons of Ashy-boy, we need to follow someone else. Maybe that boy from the Hoso special with Bulbasaur. Or maybe Kenta or even Brendan. We need to see how someone else deals with certain circumstances, since we've seen Ash in about every kind possible. Heck, Ash could still pop up once in a while to give advice or help out. Oh! What if they animated the manga, Pokemon Adventures / Pokemon Special?! THAT WOULD ROCK! I love that manga so much... it really sucks they ended it after Yellow's saga. I would have liked to see Gold and Crystal on their own adventures.

Animelee
9th January 2004, 01:12 PM
Oh, Nikku, my friend, don't be sad: http://netkun.com/pockemon/

:D

I doubt they'll ever bring Johto or Hoenn here, though. :mad: Whenever I get a job, I plan to import all of them...whenever that may be. :confused:

The Blue Avenger
9th January 2004, 02:00 PM
Is it just me, or did Sapphire have fangs on that site?

Anyway, what I'd like to see is a new trainer corresponding with FR/LG, and maybe Ash could be the 'big brother' that the games use as hintgivers.

Dark Trainer 000
9th January 2004, 03:50 PM
In pokemon collesuem isn't there a new region or something? The Ore region? Maybe they'll have Ash go there a deal with the ywo evil teams who get the dark pokemon. That would be nice. Pikachu VS a dark pokemon. Hehe:P

Rei_Zero
9th January 2004, 06:12 PM
What if after the Hoenn contests, May decides to try out gym battles. Then Ash may leave to give May more space to train and go on his own training mission after Misty comes back. Then we could have a few episodes dedicated to Ash and watch May try to get into the leagues. I don't know, it's just a thought that I really fancy.

Zhen Lin
10th January 2004, 12:35 AM
7... Is actually unlucky, in Japanese; like 4.

On: しち (shichi), しつ (****su)
Kun: ななつ (nanatsu), ななたび (nanatabi)

死地, the point of death, is also pronounced shichi.

Rei_Zero
10th January 2004, 01:30 AM
Hey, that's like in China. 4 is unlucky because the sound si is used in different tones to mean dead and 4.

Chris 2.1
11th January 2004, 10:33 AM
Oore, I doubt , simply because it isnt a new reigion with new Pokemon; its an Orange-Islands place really. Then again, it could be used OI-like to promote Team Snatch and Team whatever, with a mini-saga featuring them, 3 gens of Pokemon and another season until the next games.

Light_Togetic
15th January 2004, 04:20 PM
I don't know about the taking the focus off of Ash. I know that it's possible to make him more interesting if the writers could just do something different. Putting new clothes on and having two new additions to the group does not shake things up for Ash's character. Having Ash travel to new gyms makes things a little more interesting, but it's still the same formula: Ash travels to gyms, and helps people and their pokemon in-between. There needs to be more newer situations for Ash to encounter. I don't know, I just think that Ash's character could just be so much more if only the writers would give him some new experiences. I wanna see Ash get really angry at something, or really sad, or jealous, or even infatuated with a girl. Something besides determination and friendliness and being happy. He'll get discouraged now and then, but we've seen that before lots of times. We humans have many more emotions than that and Ash hasn't really shown many of them for a long time...

I also think something else that's always been cool are the story arcs in Pokemon. I always enjoy watching them. It gives me a sense of suspense when they cut to the end of an episode with the main problem unresolved.

And I'd love to see an OI type mini-saga inbetween generations (the OI was one of my fav. seasons). There would be no need to devote whole episodes to introducing pokemon, so the only thing left would be to develop character. Personally I believe that filling up an episode with a battle of some kind, a new pokemon introduction, and character devlopment gets to be too much stuff for one episode, and the development tends to suffer a bit...

Okay, I've gotta shut up; I'm writing way too much, getting a bit off-topic, and I probably sound stupid doing it... ;)

And 4 is my lucky number! XD

Celebii
15th January 2004, 05:44 PM
In my opinion, a good post-Hoenn saga would be a trip to the Oore region. Pikachu could be captured by Team Shadow and Ash would have to rescue him and turn him good again. Charizard, Squirtle, Ash's other Kanto pokemon could join him as well. After that, Ash would help topple both Team Shadow and Team Snatch with the help of Leo and Mirei. It would be darker than the current Pokemon and it would also allow us to see the darker side of the Pokemon world.

ShockingAlberto
15th January 2004, 07:12 PM
Famitsu said that the new generation of Pokemon will be shown around E3 in May. So there's obviously another region available.

-- ShockingAlberto

Entropy
16th January 2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Zhen Lin
7... Is actually unlucky, in Japanese; like 4.

On: しち (shichi), しつ (****su)
Kun: ななつ (nanatsu), ななたび (nanatabi)

死地, the point of death, is also pronounced shichi.

Interesting.

How eerie...

I suppose the Japanese' thinking the 4 is unlucky is well-founded...in the NYC Subway sense, anyway.

Not to veer this off-topic, but just as a side-mention, there was horrible crash in 1991 at the 14 Street-Union Square station. Let's see...the cars in the set involved were made by a Japanese company by the name of Kawasaki (http://www.kawasakirailcar.com/LRTR62.htm). The car numbers were in the 1400-series, it was a '4' train, it was at a station with 14th Street in it, and the operator was going 40 MPH in 10 MPH zone. Coincidence?

Here's the picture (http://www.nycsubway.org/img/i7000/img_7661.jpg)

Pokemon Neo
18th January 2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by ShockingAlberto
Famitsu said that the new generation of Pokemon will be shown around E3 in May. So there's obviously another region available.

-- ShockingAlberto

Are you serious? I heard some new Pokemon games were going to be announced at E3 this year,but a new generation already? If that's true,it almost seems like we *could* expect to see a full fledged Pokemon RPG on the GC later this year.Since one of the biggest problems I've seen with a (more traditional) Pokemon RPG was that who or what would you fight exactly? Evil Pokemon?(that we're already familiar with...) Giant Mechas? Monsters born from sorcery? Even though I doubt it,new Pokemon *would* make sense.Some new legendaries would make good in-game bosses and the legendaries we already know would sort of be the "Summon" monsters that are found in the Final Fantasy series.But anyway,I'm getting off-topic...:D

As for Post Hoenn,here's how I see it:

Back to Kanto

Um,more badges?:confused: I'm sorry,but the whole 're-enter' the Kanto league and win back the same badges just doesn't sound too appealing IMO.Don't get me wrong,Kanto is one of my all time favorite seasons and I *would* like to see some follow-ups to some of the most popular Kanto trainers/gym leaders.But I'm just getting a wee bit tired of the whole badge thing.After Hoenn,Ash will have a total of 28 badges.I don't know about anybody else,but I think that's enough.

The only way I'd be happy with a 'Return to Kanto" storyline would be if the writers manage to come up with an actual plot to back up Ash's decision to travel the Kanto region again.I mean,it could be a completely original storyline or it could even involve some those topics constantly being dicussed by Pokemon fans like the 'orgin of Pokemon' or even *dun dun dun* Ash's father.I'd almost settle for anything to be honest.But if it's just colllecting badges again,*shrugs* I don't know......

On to Oore

Personally,I think Oore would be the way to go.Why? Because there would almost be no distractions for ol' Ashy-boy.NO Pokemon,NO badges,NO gyms,NO new league,etc. We're talking about a season that would more or less be completely story driven.This would give the writers a lot of room to work with since they wouldn't have to constantly think about Ash catching new Pokemon,or his Gym battles,or the tournament he enters.If I'm not mistaken,every character that's been introduced in the games have been introduced in the anime.No matter how insignificant the role.(i.e. Kamon/Silver in the Raikou special OT and Brendan in the 6th movie) This would be the perfect chance to introduce Leo and the girl(what's her name BTW) and having them join up with Ash would make an interesting team.The story would probably be similar to the one in the Colosseum game,but Ash would have to have his own reasons for being there as well.Hell,this could be the new 'Orange Islands' so to speak.But with a much darker edge.

Also,there's no reason why Ash can't go back to Kanto after he's travelled around the Oore region.The way I see it,Oore would be the place where the story picks up and eventually it could branch off to Kanto.Ash could even drop by the Hoenn/Johto regions during the mid-point of the story.Although I think most people would prefer to remain as far away from Johto as possible.XD Oore just seems like the best starting point.

Rei_Zero
18th January 2004, 08:12 PM
It's (the new pokemon) not clear or confirmed, so don't bet on it happening yet....

The way I see as return to Kanto, would be that May earns badges, perhaps after a major victory/loss in contest and an interest to try something new. Meanwhile, Ash branches off on his own to give both May (with the guidance of Brock and Misty) and himself to train. Then we can have a few episodes with Ash in it, like in gyms and very important happenings, but have most of the focus on May. Then they would meet at the platuea for competition time.

Riven
14th February 2004, 10:28 PM
Personally I think they should end Pokemon with the Hoen serise and continue with a serise of Movies,

or if they are going to continue with another serise let us know who the hell Ash's father is at least!

We know he's alive, so where is the SOB this whole time? I mean damn, he couldn't find the time to hitch aride to the Orange islands when Ash was fighting Lugia to see if he was alright.

Or hop on a bus to Johto when his voice was taken inside the Crystal Tower that was full of Uknowns.

What kind of SOB is this guy? He couldn't even find the time to go and watch his son participate in the Johto league!!

I'm sorry, I'm projecting

Crystalmaster Mike
4th March 2004, 01:44 PM
Either he's a true SOB, or a really occupied man. For all we know, he could be: Professor Amadeus Ketchum III, Gym Leader Bill Ketchum, and so on...

Oakbark
9th March 2004, 02:23 PM
Hmm.I honestly imagine that a new series would involve the original Ash, Misty, Brock combo.
We've had Ash, Misty and Brock for Kanto, Ash and Misty for Orange Islands (with Tracey), Ash, Misty and Brock for Johto and finally Ash and Brock for Hoenn (with May and Max). So keeping with tradition i would expct the original trio to be in the next region.

As for where they go, who knows?
Kanto repeat would be repetitive in the eyes of the makers, i can't see them going through these areas again. Johto was running for an age, and people wouldn't want to see that place again. The Orange Islands was a filler, and they won't happen.
As for Kanto above, they included old Kanto people in Johto (eg. Duplica, Snap, Butch and Cassidy, etc. which has limited what could potentially have happened in Kanto.

Meh, perhaps they'll create a filler area again, it seems logical enough. It would be nice to have an entire season dedicated to all the people seen over the series' , like seeing Ash battle an old gym leader, Sakura and her adventures, Tracey and Oak out with the trainers pokes, Butch and Cassidy, Snap, May and Masato, and everyone that had a mini part in the entire batch of series'

Well, later.

Damien.

dragon684
16th March 2004, 01:12 PM
I also feel like their should bring in a new caracter from the top. I mean that Ash has had way to many experience(If he just could remember it, just like in the pokemon league he forgot that water conducts electricty). The best ending and start for the new caracter would be that Ash wins the Hoenn league. But since he achieved his dream people could think that that would be the end of pokemon but instead of ending the episode right after he won you could have the episode end with the other caracter watching TV and dreaming of becoming like Ash. This way we could also return to Kanto. The only problem is he would need a cute pokemon to replace pikachu, which after a while we will al start to hate.

Andyhaunt
16th March 2004, 04:10 PM
I think that after the hoenn saga, the Oore saga will await, or posibli the writers could just make a hoso Special for it, but hey, Are you guys forgetting RAINBOW ISLANDS from FrLf??? There are too many regions to explore

Animelee
16th March 2004, 05:06 PM
The islands from Kanto may be the game's version of the Orange Islands, so I don't think they'll go back.

Oore would be nice, but there are no wild Pokémon there, unfortunately.

The cartoon doesn't seem to be dragging on, so it looks like they'll probably have to make up a new region for the show, while GAME FREAK works on a new game, like what happened between Kanto and Johto with Orange.

Vexx58
4th April 2004, 02:33 PM
i 2 think they'll go to Orre or(pun) just make another movie based on the Orre region where Ash and friends will have to stop Team Snagem and the Shadow Pokemon Plan. As for a new season i think they have a lot of places to go. If you've played the games in the begging the Prof. says "Welcome to the world of Pokemon". If you look at the map with all the islands it looks like a continent. Whats stopping the writers from making the Pokemon World a planet? Far from our planet Earth. They can also make other continents for Ash and co. to go to.

Thats what i think i think its possible and logical enough to happen what do u think?

Kris
9th April 2004, 06:07 PM
Can someone clear me up here?

Ive never heard of Ore before reading this topic.

Can someone explain what it is, and whats so special about it?

Cheers guys

Zak
9th April 2004, 06:32 PM
Welcome back, Kris! :)

Orre is a region that is all desert, where the new GCN RPG Pokemon Colloseum takes place. Surely you've heard of the game, it's like Stadium but with an RPG. And like you get the RBY Pokemon on GBA in Fire/Leaf, you get the GSC ones in Colloseum. Of course, R/S ones are there too.

However, Orre is a desert region, where there are NO Wild Pokemon. However, you can "Snag" from other trainers certain special Pokemon called Shadow Pokemon who have a dark aura around them, and then revive them. Most of these "Shadow Pokemon" are posessed and bewitched by the bad guys, Team Shadow and Team Snag 'Em, and the main characters Rio and Mirei are to snag them in the battle with special Pokeballs, and save them. And... most of the GSC Pokemon are snaggable.

So... they're basically theorizing Ash will go to Orre and face the bad guys and do some snagging.

~Zak

phantomness
11th April 2004, 12:39 AM
Ah, I think it would be cool if they did do Orre... but it would also be great to see Pokemon Adventurs/Special manga in the anime.

I think Pokemon Zensho manga is very cute too!

Animelee
11th April 2004, 05:45 AM
There's a monthly comic about Pokémon Colosseum in Coro Coro. Basically, it's about Leo and Mirei having to chase down Team Snatch and Team Shadow bad guys and snatch their Pokémon. In December's issue, Leo snatched a Shadow Bayleef, with Mirei's help.

About Orre being in the cartoon with Satoshi, I doubt it, sadly. I don't think it'll ever happen for Satoshi and his crew, but I am fairly hopeful that they'll make a special for it on New Years Eve, much like the Pokémon Crystal and Mewtwo Lives specials. Or maybe a Housou mini-series, at least. *Imagines Miror Bo in the cartoon* :lol: