PDA

View Full Version : POLL: It's a Whole New World We Live In...

mr_pikachu
9th January 2004, 10:12 AM
It's time for another one of my off-the-wall polls! Here we go! :D

1. What do you think about the world today?
2. What would you most like to change about the world?
3. What's your favorite worldly possession?
4. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
5. If you had to live on any other planet, which one would you choose?

POKEMONIZED QUESTIONS:

6. If you still watch Pokemon, do you think the show is different than before?
7. If so, is it a good thing or a bad thing?
8. What would you most like to change about the world in the show or games?

1. It's better than it was awhile back. While I'd like to do something about the economy, the environment, etc., we've gotta take one thing at a time, IMO. We're doing alright.
2. Senseless illness/death/violence. It just doesn't add up. :no:
3. Right now, my computer. :D
4. Probably the Caribbean. It's awesome down there. :yes:
5. Pluto, because for the quadrillionth of a second I would be alive, I'd get to see if we've got any 10th planets the scientists have missed. 8)
6. I think it has changed. It seems somewhat more serious than before. Also, the battles are more intense, and Pikachu isn't so unbeatable. :o
7. The seriousness and battles have improved. However, I highly doubt an untrained Treecko would stand a chance against Ash's Pikachu, since he's trained with it for so long.
8. I'd like to have a game where the battles were more realistic. You know, none of this "pick a move and wait" stuff. Give me the real fighting on Gamecube's Legend of Zelda games any day. Also, I think the show could still improve on its attitude. Get serious, guys. It's not like there are many 8 year old fans any more.

homeofmew
9th January 2004, 10:44 AM
Ok I guess ^_^!
sometimes people get hyped up over nothing though
World Peace :P
3. What's your favorite worldly possession? Pokemon Cards/Money
Japan
5. If you had to live on any other planet, which one would you choose? One like Earth

POKEMONIZED QUESTIONS:

6. If you still watch Pokemon, do you think the show is different than before? Not really, Team rocket Blasts off again!!
it's ok :O
More Challanging

Pichu
9th January 2004, 12:12 PM

Its another boring and depressing day~ -.-;

Economy goes up, up, up... xD

My computer, cable, and all. xD

Japan. :3

One that has pokémon on it. xD

POKEMONIZED QUESTIONS:

Um... I still haven't seen the Advance Generation yet... xD ... It's fun.

It's good thing.

More realistic please. xD

titandude21
10th January 2004, 08:48 PM
1. You see people causing big disasters,
those that don't require any skill
it's evident that death will come faster
see it yourself from your windowsill

Each time one dies
weapons get a little bit better
each time they try
our situation gets badder

It's a whole new world we live in,
do do do do do do do
It's a brand new place to see
It's a whole new face, with a brand new attitude
but they still try to kill them all
or force everybody to flee
(repeat lines 9, 13, and 14)

2. spend money in more logical ways

3. gamecube/TV

4. hawaii/bahamas/some vacation spot

5. Mercury, at the border between the side that gets sunlight and the side that doesn't

6. yes, particularly the animation, but also the plot is a little more varied

7. good

8. more hands on action and less controller action (see PS2 eyetoy... it's a start)

Aipom Of Doom
10th January 2004, 09:04 PM
1. It's ok in general, but there's too much fighting and poverty and stuff =/
2. Err... eliminate violence? :o
3. This computer ^_^. Even though it really is my parent's =p.
4. Err... I'd stay here... no reason for me to leave
5. why would I have to leave? =[. but anwyay I'd pick some earth-like planet somewhere in the universe that's inhabitable to carbon-based lifeforms that require oxygen and water and stuff :O. That way I wouldn't die ;o.
6. I don't :o
7. It's a serious thing that could change the course of the planet :o.
8. Eh... make the games not so repetitive and stuff. Make new ones really... different... compared to the rest of them, so you had a new goal and stuff =]

DarkTemplarZ
10th January 2004, 09:43 PM
1) Except for Bush being the stupid *** he is and the Israel vs. Palestine garbage, it's fine

2) Stop all these wars and threats and all that stuff

3) Umm, dunno? All my possessions are nice, I wouldn't want to lose any of them

4) Hawaii or some other tropical pacific island ^_^

5) I'm fine on Earth, why would I wanna live anywhere else?

6) Animation's definitely better (Jessie's hair is purple o.O), but otherwise it's the same old Pokemon.

7) Bad, change is good in the world of animation. Pokemon's practically digging it's own grave by it's refusal to make NEW stuff.

8) For the anime, I'd add actual story arcs, with actual plots, not this drawn out 3 year, 1 month, 17 day trash that Johto was. For ONCE, I'd like to see a 2 part episode, or something that happened in a prior episode really affect what's happening in this episode (well, that happened once but whatever), and I'd definitely make some better villains, TR was old since about the 4th or 5th ep.
As for the game, I'd change it so that it would actually require reaction times and thinking on your feet, so you can't spend 20 minutes calculating possible damages and outcomes before making your move, make it more realistic pretty much.

Leon-IH
11th January 2004, 04:40 AM

1. It's honestly not what it could be, if we keep electing people like george bush or john howard this world will be f---ed by the time im 25.
2. i'd like to remove religion entirely to be honest, it causes all our wars and such so lets get rid of it.
3. My Bookcase, but only because it has my books.
4. i'd like to go to Ireland again, good fun place to go.
5. umm, i'd choose Mercury, fast clean death i suppose.
6. N/A
7. N/A
8. in the games i'd like to see a less strategic cut to the damn chase approach.

Elemental Seribii
11th January 2004, 09:26 AM
Who knows. It's alright. There's loads of things wrong, but I can live with it. ^-^;

I'd probably tell everyone to shut ze heck up. Or get rid of poverty.

I guess either the computer, all of my books or the Gamecube. I'm currently addicted to SSX3. Oo;

Egypt, or Greece or just anywhere with a lot of interesting history.

Mars. Isn't it possible to live there if we find water & make an atmosphere or something?

Rarely. I'm a Kanto fan. But I've watched a few episodes here and there, and it's not much different. The episode formula is still the same.

Eh, it's going to be a bad thing over time. I don't want to see 100+ episodes where every one is basically the same.

In the show, more skill involved to win, please. For the games, I'd like it if there was an easier way to avoid Pokemon when all of them are dying and then you can't escape. ;-;

Zak
11th January 2004, 10:51 AM
1. It's fine for me I guess. I'm sick of all the Israel-bashing, though, it really pisses me off.

2. Peace.

3. My computer I guess :o

4. Japan!

5. Meh, I don't wanna leave.

6. YES. I hate when people say it's still the same. Most people lost interest at Johto, and quit watching... but Hoenn are doing some original plots. It's just that Johto brainwashed most fans, and they refuse to give Hoenn a chance ;-;.

7. Very good thing. I just don't like how Johto drove away a lot of my friends.

8. Don't get me started...

~Zak

Silver Ledian
11th January 2004, 11:38 AM
I think the world today needs a lot of improvement. I think that in many ways it's not going forwards. There's pollution, famine, poverty, war. That's not exactly good. If could definately be improved from what it is at the minute.

For definate I'd really like there to be peace on Earth. No terrorists scaring the crap out of everyone and treating each other as equals and not as if this person deserves to die because of this etc. Just peace. And one which is even more possible, the clearing of world debt, so that LEDC's can develop and poverty can be knocked in the head, so everyone will have life's basic essentials and be happy. This is all too much to ask from many Governments across the world though, :rolleyes:

I've never really thought about this one. I guess at the minute I'd have to say my PC is essential for me to enjoy myself outside school. The Internet is, perhaps, one of today's best inventions. I appreciate a lot of my smaller possessions too though, I just can't name them off the top of my head ^^;;;

There are so many places. It would be somewhere that I'd never really normally visit, therefore outside Europe. I'd just love to see the landscapes of stuff like the deserts, rainforests etc. I haven't got my heart set on anywhere...perhaps Canada, so I could visit my friends there =/

If I had to, probably Mars. It's closer to earth than most of the others and every 20 years or so I might see a human walk on my planet :p

POKEMONIZED QUESTIONS:

I've seen a few eppies of the new shows. It's definately changed. It looks too modern now IMO - that sounds weird but I just preferred the old style of the characters, like the Orange Island style. The characters' clothes and everything look way too bright now. Plus Misty is missing...and a lot of characters have lost their identities. :(

Bad

Find a way that would make me not lose interest in them. That's quite a stupid answer but if they could do that for me, it would be great.

Jamesology101
11th January 2004, 11:59 AM
It's not perfect but I'm glad I'm a part of it.
Everyone should be less ugly. That would solve a lot of problems if you ask me. Who's going to start a war if the other country's leader is a real fox?
3. What is your favourite worldly possession?
My complete Ally McBeal DVD set. I don't know what I'd do if I lived in America where they didn't even release it on DVD. I could probably live without my computer and maybe without my books, but never without the people of Cage & Fish.
London, since that's where I want to live. In a chic little apartment with a mynah bird called Margo.
5. If you could live on another planet, which one would you choose?
Mars. Then when Bush's astronauts arrive I can throw rocks at them and say "That was a waste of time, wasn't it?"
I still want to watch Pokemon, but I'm prevented from doing so by the lack of Sky TV, so I only keep up with it from episode guides and forums on the internet. It seems just the same as ever to me: mostly awful with occasional flashes of brilliance, usually involving TR.
7. If so, is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Bad that it hasn't really improved, good that it hasn't really gotten worse.
The games are fine by me as they stand, but I'd make the TV show funnier and more quirky, less concerned with being an advert for the video games. I'd flesh out the characters personalities more and actually have them do stuff in every episode. I would not make it all dark and "serious". The show has some great raw material in its characters, it's just the mostly lazy execution that lets it down.

Toxicity
12th January 2004, 06:28 PM

POKEMONIZED QUESTIONS:

~*^*~

1. It's unfair and cruel. The media spotlight is filled up with posers, the American government is unjust, the unsettlement on the battlefield, and that I have no friends...*sighs* ;;

2. Make it peaceful and serene, try to settle out the government and make it more justified, and remove Good Charlotte and Avril from the media, allowing it to focus on the darker, more truer stuff....like Evanescence and Switchblade Symphony and such....

3. Mine? Um...I guess my computer, my Gamcube, and my figurine of Lain from Serial Experiments Lain.

4. Japan....or Ireland. Ireland to find my roots in the countryside and Japan to attempt to fall down a well and wind up in the Feudal Era...:3

5. Neptune...because I travel in the great Blue Spot and possibly, experience an aquatic nature of a sort...maybe even a race of aquatic Pokemon...^^;;

Pokemonized Questions:

6. Yeah...But I still miss it because now and days I'm busy and never have the time...but it's somewhat childish so who cares?

7. Well, for the anime, bad....and for me, bad because I'm lost and haven't seen an eppy since the end of Master Quest...*sighs*

8. I'd make the show seem more interesting, like make Torchic evolve or such, and game-wise...I'd add a new world where you can find some of the R/S Unobtainables..maybe even add a wild Eevee on a route covered by snow year-round...^^;;

EmpressMyuu
15th January 2004, 08:12 PM
Gothic Latias, you like Switchblade Symphony? I thought I'd never find another person that likes that group other than my older brother and his ex-girlfriend! :D

The world SUCKS! It's completely unfair! I don't have many friends, and I'm hardly ever listened to. If I ruled the world, everyone will have the chance to be heard.

Make the world peaceful and equal, like it was before Eve ate that apple. I don't want there to be any racism, sexism, discrimination with ages, diseases, disabilities, physical traits, etc. Sadly, I think my dad's a sexist and a male chauvenist.

I don't have any really treasured possessions except for my drawings and my GBA.

More than likely, Japan. Or New York or Alaska.

Possibly Saturn. Sailor Saturn's my favorite of the Sailor Scouts, and there's probably a lot of things to do on those rings. :D

POKEMONIZED QUESTIONS:

Yes. For once, the show is returning back to its interesting state.

YES!!!

All the changes I'd make to the games are so advanced that it would take too long to explain.