PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] Does it work in yellow?

GirlRepellant
9th January 2004, 02:55 PM
Does the fighting Missingno code work in Yellow? The one where you go to the Pokeball teacher, then fly to Cinnebar and can then get unlimited items... yeah....

P.S.: How do I get Bulbasaur in Yellow? My Pikachu's as happy as he's gonna get, and I got the Charmander already. I beat Missy already...

Poryhedron
9th January 2004, 03:22 PM
Does the fighting Missingno code work in Yellow? The one where you go to the Pokeball teacher, then fly to Cinnebar and can then get unlimited items... yeah....

Nope. The trick requires the old man to catch the pokémon, and in Yellow version he actually fails to catch it. No Missingno. for you.

P.S.: How do I get Bulbasaur in Yellow? My Pikachu's as happy as he's gonna get, and I got the Charmander already. I beat Missy already...

There's no real secret to getting Bulbasaur. I don't understand why you're having trouble. If Pikachu's happy enough for you to get Charmander, he should be happy enough for you to get Bulbasaur...have you talked to the girl while having at least one open slot in your party?

GirlRepellant
9th January 2004, 04:02 PM
I went back after beating the third gym and got him.... bummer about the trick. Thanks!

Suicune12
18th January 2004, 08:14 AM
If the "Mew glitch" works in Yellow, then there is a way to get Mew. Just fight a different trainer instead of the Youngster with a Slowpoke; I think someone on Cycling Road works.

Moonlight Espeon
18th January 2004, 09:41 PM
As far as I know, the Missingno. code works in Yellow (at least it did for me). Yes, the old man fails to catch the Pokemon, but you can fly to Cinnabar and swim over the Cinnabar Island coast, staying on the straight lines. After roughly 3 minutes pass, you should encounter Missingno. o_O; I might have done it a different way, I dunno..
By the way, what does Mew have to do with anything? O_o

To explain how you get Missingno in Yellow (I'm not sure if it works but whatever): When you talk to the old man in Viridian City that wants to show you how to catch Pokemon, say "no" when he asks you if you want him to demonstrate again (If you had him do it for you before, he should say that he can't, I forgot). Then, fly DIRECTLY TO CINNABAR ISLAND without moving anywhere at all. After that, Surf along the coast of Cinnabar Island and eventually you should find it.
Excuse me if I'm incorrect.