PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] What determines Gary's Eevee?

GirlRepellant
9th January 2004, 04:24 PM
How does the game determine which evolution of Eevee Gary gets? I mean, does anything in particular say he'll have a Jolteon, or a Flareon, or Vaporeon?

Not a big deal, I was just wondering...

Prodigy
9th January 2004, 04:31 PM
If you win your battles against him (the one in the lab and then the one en route to Victory Road, I believe), he gets a Jolteon, if you lose them both he gets a Vaporeon, and if you win one and lose the other he gets a Flareon.

Poryhedron
9th January 2004, 07:52 PM
Note that the battle on Route 22 can be skipped; some players never know he's there. If you skip it, it counts as losing it as far as Eevee's concerned, so if you beat Gary in Prof. Oak's lab and then don't fight him again before your first badge, he'll end up with a Flareon.

GirlRepellant
10th January 2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Poryhedron
Note that the battle on Route 22 can be skipped; some players never know he's there. If you skip it, it counts as losing it as far as Eevee's concerned, so if you beat Gary in Prof. Oak's lab and then don't fight him again before your first badge, he'll end up with a Flareon.

Ahh, that's why my opponent ended up with a Flareon... I was wondering, 'cause I never lost to him. But I guess I just forgot about that battle. Thanks, both of you!

SageofDarkness
5th February 2004, 07:48 AM
The idea is that Pikachu cannot hurt Jolteon as much as Vaporeon so basically it determins difficulty levels. I think he has the most VERSITILE team when he has a Flareon, I often miss out the Route 22 battle just so he can have that team!