PDA

View Full Version : It's been a long time, but rate my team ya' all! [RMT]

Pharod, Wearer of Gandalf Hats
10th January 2004, 08:42 AM
Let's see if I didnt lose my touch. :P Would you guys recomment me some EV's and Nature's? I haven't been doing this for quite some time, so please share me the latest hints okayz? :P

Name: Breloom @ Leftovers
Type: Grass/Fighting
Moves: Spore, Mach Punch, Focus Punch, Bulk Up
Explanation:

I just like Breloom, and I think that this moveset might work out nicely. Spore, Bulk Up a few times, recovers with Leftovers while the opponent is asleep. Mach Punch for the Pokémon that are way to fast for Breloom, and Focus Punch is for the times that I’m sure that this will be a succesful blow. If you have other suggestions, please tell me.

Name: Banette @ Leftovers
Type: Ghost
Moves: Grudge, Snatch, Shadow Ball, Return/Will O’ Wisp
Explanation:

I like Grudge because it can really weaken the opponent why lowering his move to 0. Snatch is also nice. Shadowball for stab. Need a filling move though, and I might need some help here. Also a semi-annoyer.

Name: Weezing @ Leftovers
Type: Poison
Moves: Haze, Explosion, Sludgebomb, Fire Blast
Explanation:

My Hazer, and I picked him because he’s resistant against Ground moves. Sludgebomb for Stab, and I’ll raise the stat Attack more because of Explosion, Slugdebomb might also Poison the opponent. Fireblast however is needed when Sludgebomb can’t do the job. Explosion for boom-boom. If you have any other suggestions, just say them out loud.

Name: Swampert @ Leftovers
Type: Water/Ground
Moves: Curse, Icebeam, Earthquake, Rest
Explanation:

Swampert rocks, and I like this set as well. I also needed a little Sweeper so he fits in just fine. Curse up a few times, Rest, and attack. Icebeam to protect him a bit against Grass Pokémon. Surf isn’t needed because Earthquake has an advantage against both Fire and Rock.

Name: Grumpig @ Leftovers
Type: Psychic
Moves: Subtitute, Psychic, Confuse Ray, Calm Mind
Explanation:

Subtitute for starters, then Confuse the opponent. Start Calm Minding, and you get a decent tank out of this guy. I found this set somewhere on the forum, and I think it might actually work. Like they said, it works good on Regice, but also on other Pokémon. This Pokémon is a annoyer/special sweeper. Recovers with Leftovers.

Name: Regice @ Leftovers
Type: Ice
Moves: Thunderbolt, Icebeam, Amnesia, Rest
Explanation:

Boltbeamer. Amnesia to power up his already high Special Def. Rest to quickly regain lost HP. This is on of the two special sweepers.

So, I’ve got two Pokémon that are focused on attacking physically and two Pokémon that are being used to attack with Special attacks. I have a hazer, whom can defend itself pretty well, and an annoyer, which can really annoy the opponent by lowering his prime attack to 0.

GoldDraconian
10th January 2004, 09:30 AM
Name: Breloom @ Leftovers
Type: Grass/Fighting
Moves: Spore, Mach Punch, Focus Punch, Bulk Up
Explanation:

I just like Breloom, and I think that this moveset might work out nicely. Spore, Bulk Up a few times, recovers with Leftovers while the opponent is asleep. Mach Punch for the Pokémon that are way to fast for Breloom, and Focus Punch is for the times that I’m sure that this will be a succesful blow. If you have other suggestions, please tell me.

I've never actually used a Breloom myself, to be fair, but I tend to think of it as more of a hit-and-run Pokemon. Spore something, Focus Punch something, kill it with Mach Punch if you can or, if not, switch out... That style doesn't really go with Bulk Up very well. I'd get Leech Seed over Bulk Up. Adamant (+Atk -SpAtk... I'm not sure if you're familiar with the natures, so I'll list their effects) or Jolly (+Speed -SpAtk) are the best personalities.

Name: Banette @ Leftovers
Type: Ghost
Moves: Grudge, Snatch, Shadow Ball, Return/Will O’ Wisp
Explanation:

I like Grudge because it can really weaken the opponent why lowering his move to 0. Snatch is also nice. Shadowball for stab. Need a filling move though, and I might need some help here. Also a semi-annoyer.

Bah. Grudge? A far too narrow move, in my opinion. It's only useful when you die, and the effect isn't that great. You drain the PP of one move- too bad there's virtually nothing that packs only one attack. If you're going to waste a turn and then die, you should at least make yourself useful. Removing Grudge fixes your Return/WOW dilemma- use both. He can also use Adamant/Jolly.

Name: Weezing @ Leftovers
Type: Poison
Moves: Haze, Explosion, Sludgebomb, Fire Blast
Explanation:

My Hazer, and I picked him because he’s resistant against Ground moves. Sludgebomb for Stab, and I’ll raise the stat Attack more because of Explosion, Slugdebomb might also Poison the opponent. Fireblast however is needed when Sludgebomb can’t do the job. Explosion for boom-boom. If you have any other suggestions, just say them out loud.

HazeZing... eh... Most of the things Weezing will get a chance to Haze (ie won't ˝HKO him first) will be using Bulk Up or Dragon Dance, meaning that Will-O-Wisp screws their most relevant stat boost, while at the same time having a use against Pokemon that don't use stat boosts. Haze has some uses, but I feel that Will-O-Wisp is more useful overall. Your best choices for personalities are Brave (+Atk -Speed) and Relaxed (+Def -Speed)

Name: Swampert @ Leftovers
Type: Water/Ground
Moves: Curse, Icebeam, Earthquake, Rest
Explanation:

Swampert rocks, and I like this set as well. I also needed a little Sweeper so he fits in just fine. Curse up a few times, Rest, and attack. Icebeam to protect him a bit against Grass Pokémon. Surf isn’t needed because Earthquake has an advantage against both Fire and Rock.

Ice Beam hardly protects him from Grass Pokemon, considering that they will OHKO you in all likelihood. The most common Grass type is Sceptile, which is faster than Swampert, has good Special Attack, and is going to do 4x damage to Swampert using a base 70 move. If Swampert survives, it still can't kill Sceptile. Surf is used not for its type advantages, but rather because it gets STAB and can be used against physical tanks in a pinch. The STAB bonus is really the reason it gets used, and Ice Beam's advantages fail to really make up for the lack of STAB in this case.
Personality could be Brave, Quiet (+SpAtk -Speed), or possibly Sassy (+SpDef -Speed).

Name: Grumpig @ Leftovers
Type: Psychic
Moves: Subtitute, Psychic, Confuse Ray, Calm Mind
Explanation:

Subtitute for starters, then Confuse the opponent. Start Calm Minding, and you get a decent tank out of this guy. I found this set somewhere on the forum, and I think it might actually work. Like they said, it works good on Regice, but also on other Pokémon. This Pokémon is a annoyer/special sweeper. Recovers with Leftovers.

Modest (+SpAtk -Atk) or Calm (+SpDef -Atk) are good choices for natures here.

Name: Regice @ Leftovers
Type: Ice
Moves: Thunderbolt, Icebeam, Amnesia, Rest
Explanation:

Boltbeamer. Amnesia to power up his already high Special Def. Rest to quickly regain lost HP. This is on of the two special sweepers.

Calm or Modest on him, again.

Spinarak-Man
10th January 2004, 12:41 PM
Toxic over Amnesia on Regice or possibly Quake for the annoying Magnetons.

Leave Ice Beam on Swampert... it's mainly for the 4x on Salamence anyway.

Fire Blast sucks on Weezing. A majority of the steels will run from Weezing (metagross) in fear of Will-O-Wisp so you never get the shot. Will-O on the other hand, will at least give whatever switches in or a random Dragon Dancer a harder time.