Lugia's_Master
11th January 2004, 05:13 AM
My Meganium has at the moment got:

@Leftovers

Razor Leaf
Earthquake
Light Screen
Leech Seed

I was thinkin of replacing Razor Leaf with Giga Drain or HP Grass, what do you think?

Number1ChanseyFan
11th January 2004, 10:45 AM
I would keep Razor Leaf on your Meganium. The high critical hit ratio is nice, 25% chance of getting a critical hit. Giga Drain is ok, but the low PP is kind of a downside IMO. Plus, it's base power is only 5 higher then Razor Leaf's, (55 for Razor Leaf, 60 for Giga Drain.) but with a regular critical hit ratio. Your moveset looks really good to me, if you are going to replace anything, I would replace Earthquake with Synthesis.

br0d
11th January 2004, 10:45 AM
Annoyer Meganium@Leftovers
Body Slam
Leech Seed
Synthesis
Protect/Light Screen

Attacker Meganium@Miracle Berry
Swords dance
Earthquake
Return
Synthesis

Having half of each will just get your meganium killed :(

titandude21
11th January 2004, 05:15 PM
i'd suggest keeping razor leaf. giga drain only has 5 more BP, and factoring in the CH ratios, razor leaf would be stronger. giga drain does recover HP, but unless it gets a super effective hit, the HP recovery is very little. also it only has 5-8 PP, compared to Razor leaf's 25-40. HP grass isn't a good option b/c the DVs are 14/14/15/15 and -24 HP, too much to sacrifice IMO.

Strider
11th January 2004, 07:24 PM
Your current set is good... although I suggest definately keeping Razor Leaf and placing Synthesis over Light Screen. Or Earthquake. Your pick.

Sir Chris
12th January 2004, 10:08 AM
your set is pretty good, however I too would suggest synthesis over earthquake, and razor leaf is imo the best grass move one can have, so keep it around

SupremeChampion
13th January 2004, 09:22 PM
i also concur. RL is the better move. synthesis is a must, because leech seed won't take enough life to help you much. insert over e-quake.

~The Italian Stallion

Kari and Mewtwo
18th January 2004, 01:30 PM
IMO, the offensive grass moves from best to worst:

Leech Seed (semi-offensive)
Razor Leaf
Giga Drain (tied with HP Grass)
HP Grass (tied with GD)
Solar Beam
Mega Drain
Absorb
Vine Whip

Lugia's_Master
18th January 2004, 03:00 PM
where would you put petal dance in that list? i find it very useful on my bellosom

bb88
18th January 2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by SupremeChampion
i also concur. RL is the better move. synthesis is a must, because leech seed won't take enough life to help you much. insert over e-quake.

~The Italian Stallion

I also have to agree totally with what SC says, even if I might not want to ;)

SupremeChampion
20th January 2004, 10:22 PM
i woundn't put it (pd) on your set. but if you wanted to then put it in over leech seed and synthesis over RL, but i still think RL is the better move.

~The Italian Stallion

bb88
24th January 2004, 01:44 PM
The biggest factor here is the Critical Hit percentage. While Giga Drain does slightly more damage, the Critical Hit's added in, RL will be doing more damage per hit. The PP is a factor, too. GD has much less PP than RL.

Plus, like it's been said before, the HP you'll recover from GD isn't that much.

Whether or not you want to switch out Synthesis for Earthquake or Light Screen if up to you. If you have a team that can deal with guys that you'll be using Earthquake on, then you'd probably do well to take that out. My moveset would look something like this.

Meganium@leftovers
-Razor Leaf
-Leech Seed
-Synthesis
-Light Screen

And you could insert Earthquake for Synthesis or Light Screen as your team see's fit.

Hope this helped out a little bit and good luck man!

topgun534
4th March 2004, 08:33 PM
i use razor leaf on my meganium all the time (probably cuz it's the only grass attacking move it has lol) but still it's good... you might want to add solar beam when it gets to L. 57 i think

SupremeChampion
5th March 2004, 03:35 PM
SB would be good, but you would need to completely redue the entire moveset to make it work. The one turn delay really is a killer

~The Italian Stallion