PDA

View Full Version : RMD (Rate My Deck)

Ultimate Charizard
11th January 2004, 01:51 PM
Bit of an Experimental Deck but so far its been working better than any deck ive ever used before.

Monsters
Battle Footballer
Giant Soldier of Stone X2
Spirit of the Harp X2
Nin Ken Dog
Harpies Brother X2
La Jinn
Summoned Skull
Luster Dragon
Blue Eyes White Dragon

Effect Monsters
Mask of Darkness X2
Shadow Tamer
Sangan
Susa Soldier
Sonic Bird
Man Eater Bug X2
Penguin Soldier
Magician of Faith
Witch of the Black Forest
Shadow Ghoul
Barrel Dragon

Magic
Dark Hole
Gracefull Charity
Giant Trunade
Swords of Revealing Light
Non Spellcasting Area
Fissure X2
Change of Heart
Monster Reborn
Mystical Space Typhoon
Precious Cards from Beyond
Black Illusion Ritual
Curse of the Masked Beast

Trap Cards
Trap Hole X3
Hidden Book of Spells
Magic Cylinder
Acid Trap Hole
Seven Tools of the Bandit
Magic Jammer
Needle Cieling

Ritual Monsters
Relinquished
The Masked Beast

Ok so its kinda standard Beatdown but then of course there are the Ritual Monsters in there. Ive added the Non Spellcasting Area to protect my Normal Monsters from things like Raigeki etc even though it does block a couple of my own magic cards ie CoH, Fissure and SorL. What it does do however is turn Dark hole into a Raigeki as long as i keep my monsters normal and Face up.
Susa Soldier is there as a quick 'Slap and Run' Tactic and can deal with things like Gemini Elf with no chance of them being able to attack it back. Barrel Dragon isnt too Common either apart from in Machine decks as far as i can tell but its been working well for me up to now.

Dark-San
12th January 2004, 09:23 PM
Always avoid playing ritual monsters. They always slow down your play and a chance it always get wind up jammed on your hand~ Might suggest you go for pure beatdown.

Reduce the number of creatures to a decent 16 or 17. And increase your money on powering up the magic section. You are missing some of the 5 magic staples. Pot of Greed, Raigeki and Harpie Feather Duster! Where are they?

As for the trap section always. Go for 5 basic traps. Imperial Order, Torrential Tribute, Ring of Destruction, Mirror Force and Call of the Haunted~ And lastly try and reduce your deck to around 40. This will boost your chances of getting the cards you want on your hand~

DRD1812
13th January 2004, 01:00 PM
Not everyone had those cards remember mate. I'd like to use them in mine but I dont have them.

It's not bad but there's always gunna be ways to make it better just keep improving it when you see fit or get a nice card apart from that it's a pretty good deck.

Ultimate Charizard
13th January 2004, 02:34 PM
Ive been trying to get hold of Raigeki and Harpies Feather Duster for a while but its tough. Raigeki is rare and there arent many dedicated card shops around here.

Since i live in UK Harpies Feather Duster wasnt released in the UK With World Wide Edition on the GBA. We got Acid Trap Hole, Salamandra and Seiyaryu because the American game they were first released with was never released here.

DRD1812
13th January 2004, 04:19 PM
Raigeki comes in the blue eyes white dont it it better do I just orderd a box full of em.

Dark-San
13th January 2004, 06:58 PM
There is always such a thing known as the Internet right? Hmm~ its funny that World Wide Edition ain't released there but like wat I would recommend either go for a beatdown deck or lockdown deck.

DarkTemplarZ
13th January 2004, 07:04 PM
umm no offense, but when you post a deck, can you post one that's actually worth the time to fix? This deck would take forever, considering you have just ten or eleven cards that any decent duelist would ever consider playing.

First of all, if this is a beatdown deck, why are there Harp Spirits and Stone Soldiers in here?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I can't comprehend that.
Susa Soldier is garbage, seriously, if you want a card like that get a Goblin Attack Force, Beserk Gorilla, hell, even a Dark Elf, Shadow Knight Demon, Landmine Spider, or Zombira if you can't get your hands on one of those. Anything but Susa Soldier.
Barrel Dragon is a good card, but tough to get out. He's only in machine decks for a reason. Notice that even machine decks don't bother with more than 1 Barrel Dragon per.
And Shadow Ghoul. Shadow Ghoul. Dug up from the depths of the pre-LoN English metagame. Why? Shadow Ghoul is USELESS. If you HAVE to have something like Shadow Ghoul, there's a card called Chaos Necromancer in 306, infinitely better, although IMO still useless.
Get rid of rituals, unless you're going to commit your deck to getting out one ritual monster, rituals do nothing but slow down your deck.

As for your m/t's, junk them all except CoH, Reborn, MST, Dark Hole, Charity, Swords, and Cylinder. I'd personally drop swords and cylinder, they're just food for m/t removal, and EoH/Waboku is much easier to get your hands on and better than both of em.