PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] Bug-Catching Tournament

Poryhedron
13th January 2004, 02:00 AM
I want to know the formula for how many points a bug is worth in the Bug-Catching Tournament. Since I'm talented at math, I could probably figure it out on my own if I did enough research, i.e. catching lots of Bug-types, noting how many points they're worth and comparing it to their level and such. However, since you can only get a point total for one bug per tournament and you can only participate in three tournaments a week, that would take far too long. So, anyone happen to have this formula on hand? It doesn't appear to be anywhere in GameFAQs...

Number1ChanseyFan
13th January 2004, 11:53 AM
Okies, here is the formula!! ^_^

(Total HP * 4) + Attack + Defense + Speed + Sp.Attack + Sp.Defense + X + (Current HP/8)+1

In this formula, X is determined by the DVs (Deter Values) of the bug that you catch:

X starts out at 0.

If the Defense DV is odd, add 16 to X. If the Defense DV is even, add 0 to X.

If the Attack DV is odd, add 8 to X. If the Attack DV is even, add 0 to X.

If the Special DV is odd, add 4 to X. If the Special DV is even, add 0 to X.

If the Speed DV is odd, add 1 to X. If the Speed DV is even, add 0 to X.

Poryhedron
13th January 2004, 03:05 PM
:o
...:o
Well that's slightly more complicated than I was expecting...
...geez, DVs...potentially netting 29 additional points...so much for being able to predict a winner...http://www.pokemology.com/hosting/sweatdrop.gif

...wait, why would they set it up that way if the goal is to get the strongest bug pokémon? By that formula, a bug with straight 14s for DVs would be worth noticably fewer points than one with straight 11s...

SupremeChampion
13th January 2004, 09:09 PM
it's pokémon, does it have to make sense. well, you got your formula. happy hunting.

~The Italian Stallion