PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] Rmt

Pig on the Wing
13th January 2004, 04:10 PM
Righto.
I decided to 'revamp' my Red team after surfing on Azure and unearthing Mr. K's Tourney Stories. I read them all and after
a) Hearing my brother ranting
and
b) Reading about Mr. K's killer team:
Wigglytuff/Butterfree/Psyduck/Koffng/Hitmonlee/Dodrio (tourney1)
finally
c) Reading about Mr. K's otherkiller team:
Wigglytuff/Butterfree/Psyduck/Koffng/Hitmonlee/Snorlax (tourney 2)

So here it is:

Flufmuffin [Flareon] Fire
Flamethrower <> Body Slam <> Mimic <> Reflect

Teh best eveelution IMO. Flamethrower because it's a nice STAB attack, BS because it's a nice normal attack/can paralyze and takes advantage of it's big attack. Reflect because it's standard and Mimic because it's a nice filler move.

ShellShock [Blastoise] Water
Hydro Pump <> Earthquake <> Body Slam <> Ice Beam

I love the water starters so they are always on my team. Earthquake for electrics, Body Slam for paralysis support, Ice Beam for Grass/Flying and Hydro Pump because it's a nice water attack, it gets STAB, and it is the only attack on Stadium where Blastoise gets his two cannons out - therefore I like it lots.

Tadpole [Poliwhirl] Water
Surf <> Amnesia <> Hypnosis <> Rest

Tobybro rip-off. I really like Poliwhirl as well. Surf/Amnesia standarrd Toby moves, Rest for discarding burn/poison/paralysis + recovery. Hypnosis to keep the opponent from attacking while I power up. I know it's not very reliable but it usually works so hey!

Bruce [Hitmonlee] Fighting
Hi Jump Kick <> Seismic Toss <> Body Slam <> Mega Kick

I like it, I like it! Hi Jump Kick for a nice STAB attack. ST for standard, BS for paralysis and Mega Kick - how can you NOT have a Hitmonlee with Mega Kick??? (don't answer that please).

Jackie [Hitmonchan] Fighting
Seismic Toss <> Submission <> Body Slam <> Mega Punch

Go read what I wrote for Hitmonlee you silly person.

Bobby Pin [Snorlax] Normal
Body Slam <> Earthquake <> Hyper Beam <> Selfdestruct

A finally - some sense. Snorlax is my favourite Pokemon and so it makes the team.
BS for paralysis and STAB, Earthquake for rock/electric/ghost types, Hyper Beam for a finisher move and Selfdestruct for all you Mewtwo loving scum out there.

There it is - the greatest team of all time :D

Remeber - it is a happy fun team so be critical.

Charizard04621
13th January 2004, 07:29 PM
Flareon: I wouldn't start with it... There are too many things that could go wrong. Flareon isn't exactly the fastest or most durable thing. You want to send it out to do damage after you've paralyzed things. I recommend Focus Energy on there somewhere...

Blastoise: Hydro Pump isn't worth it on Blastoise... On things with awesome Special like Tentacruel, sure, where the extra power will actually help you kill something in less shots... But the low-accuracy Hydro Pump on a Blastoise is a pointless risk. Put Surf over that. Blizzard in RBY has a decent accuracy; put that over Ice Beam. Blastoise simply doesn't have the good Special power to back a non STAB attack like that up.

Tadpole: Come up against Eggy and die. Golduck is the superior Amnesia Rester...

Hitmonlee: Mega Kick... 5 pp and terrible accuracy... A nice way to lose a battle. I recommend Meditate and Substitute over Mega Kick and Seismic Toss. Substitute allows you one shot at a Psychic or something if you pull it off on a switch. Meditate with Hitmonlee's excellent Attack is... sweet.

Hitmonchan: *sighs*

Snorlax: Standard. I've always preferred Earthquake over Surf.

As far as happy fun teams go, do whatever you want... But if you want to be competitive, lose the worthless moves and multiple common weaknesses. You have absolutely nothing that has a 100% chance of paralyzing things, and only one direct status effect move altogether - one, I might add, that is quite inaccurate and unreliable.

SmoothCriminal
18th January 2004, 08:17 PM
You will be brutally raped by one Alakazam.

Go with that.