PDA

View Full Version : #~Unrest in the Pridelands~# - Sign-Up Thread (a Lion King-inspired RPG)

Heald
14th January 2004, 03:13 PM
Well, I've spent some time at another RPG Forum (yes, I'm a traitor...just call me Benedict Arnold PK) but I'm back, refreshed. Time for an RPG!

The Plot

A few generations before Ahadi, father of Mufasa and Scar, there were two Prides in the Pridelands, the Jiwe Pride and the Majani Pride. Tension between the Prides had grown over the generations and now a border incident in which a Jiwe lioness was attacked has occured, both Prides are at war. What will it take to unite the Prides?

The Jiwe Pride

The current residents of Pride Rock. They are golden-coloured, like Mufasa.

Pride Male: Kamili (HealdPK)
Pride Female: Nefertii (crimson_flygon)
Lions: Talico (Mikey)
Lionesses: Liona (Nala98), Miitase (Shiela Rae)
Cubs: Zuhri (Green Lanturn)

The Majani Pride

The current residents of the Northern Savannah. A mainly grassy area although there are plenty of trees. They are darker-coloured, like Scar.

Pride Male: Kosa (Emotional Faun Chiko-sai)
Pride Female: Tiaret (MarshmallowEgg)
Lions: Aricin (Nala98), Terimu (Emotional Faun Chiko-sai)
Lionesses: Kiwami (Emotional Faun Chiko-sai)
Cubs:

Information

The Pride Male is the leader of the Pride i.e. Mufasa and then Simba.

The Pride Female is the Male's chosen mate and the Lioness pack leader i.e. Sarabi

The Lions and Lionesses are usually related to Pride Male i.e. brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, nephews, neices. The further from the Pride Male's bloodline you are, the less likely he is to trust you.

Cubs stay with their mothers at all times and cannot defend themselves well i.e. young Simba and young Nala.

As for aging, there will be four available ages: cub, teenager, young adult and adult:
Cubs - think young Simba and Nala. Quite vunerable. Must stay with mother at all times.
Teenager - you see Simba briefly at this age in 'Hakuna Matata'. Basically, they will begin to hang around with the adults, but will have to earn their respect. Not as strong as adult lions but can hold their ground (but not for long). You'll have a mane growing, but nowhere near fully grown.
Young Adult - Simba's age when he returned to Pride Rock. Not exactly at their strongest but definately a match for full adults.
Adult - Mufasa's age. The strongest of lions but fatigue more quickly than the young adults.

I will only be allowing lions in this RPG (although those who want a special request please send me a PM). No neutrals either, except at special request too.

The Form

Name: (no need for a surname)
Pride:
Role: (Pride Male/Female, Lion/ess, Cub)
Relation: (how are you related to the Pride male?)
Personality:
Appearance:
Other:

Mine:

Name: Kamili
Pride: Jiwe
Role: Pride Male
Relation: He is the Pride Male.
Personality: Angered at the incident, he is nothing short of wanting revenge. He has tried to remain calm but it is showing that he is becoming tense and easily-irritated. In this way, his trust has become severely limited.
Appearance: A golden-coloured fur, he is quite large and has a slightly messy mane, darker brown than red.
Other: Nope.

MarshmallowEgg
14th January 2004, 06:17 PM
Name: Tiaret
Pride: Majani
Role: Pride Female
Relation: Mate
Personality: Tiaret is very proud. She has sort of a holier-than-thou attitude and a short temper, and she has always been quite disdainful of the Jiwe pride. She is convinced that the Jiwe lioness that was attacked provoked whoever attacked her, and is making up a story just so the Jiwe pride has reason to go to war against the Majani.
Appearance: Her body is a dark tan in color, and her underbelly and fur on her chest are black, as is the tuft on the end of her tail. Hey eyes are dark brown, almost black. She's slim and very sleek, and a little smaller than an average lioness, but she makes up for that in power - she's quite muscled, though she doesn't much look it. She got in many fights as a cub and teen, and as such has quite a few scars - the most noticable being a long, thin one reaching from her left shoulder to halfway down her left foreleg.
Other: Umm... none.

crimson_flygon
14th January 2004, 06:27 PM
Interesting, I'll join :)

Name: Nefertii
Role: Pride female
Relation: Pride male's mate
Personality: She is assured that Kamili will be able to solve the war between the prides and does whatever she can to support him. She has an amazingly strong spirit. She survives, and even flourishes in adversity and hardship. She is a firm believer in the phrase, 'Whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger'. She rarely fears failure, and knows that any mistake she makes will only teach her more about herself, because of this she rarely makes the same mistake twice, but she is not the most forgiving people to outsiders, but shows great love to her family. She's very powerful and wise, and capable of feirce pride, passion, and anger. She relys on her own intuition to guide her and uses it to make the greatest decision for those around her. She doesn't like to have her feelings tested, and will put full trust into her peers. SHe will do all she can to fight for her pride and make sure that her pride is safe.
Appearance: Her fur is a sandy gold color, and dark brown patches of fur in her ears, down her back, and the tuft of hair on her tail. Her eyes are soft blue, understanding and alert. She is full bodied and fairly muscular, but definatley distinguishable from the males.
Other: none

Heald
14th January 2004, 06:38 PM
Nice sign-ups. Welcome aboard!

Mikey
14th January 2004, 08:29 PM
Hey, why not...LOL

Name: Talico
Role: Lion
Relation: Younger brother
Personality: Since he was a young cub, he has always looked up to his older brother. He respects Kamili's reign as it gives him less responsibility. The pride knows that Talico is not the greatest when it comes to having responsibilities. He is carefree and often joking. He can be serious when it comes to many things, and he always tries to help his brother.
Appearance: His fur is a golden yellow and is always very shiny. Talico takes pride in making himself look good. Grooming occurs regularly. He is also very distinguishable from the rest of the males by the fact that his still growing mane is more of a blondish than dark. His eyes are royal blue and he's very muscular.
Other: nope...

Green Lanturn
14th January 2004, 08:30 PM
ok..this looks promising...

Name: Zuhri
Role: Cub
Relation: son
Personality:Hes very playful. He doesnt know much of the fighting, so hes generally annoying his mother, and hes taqlkative, unless ordered to shut up or if he has nothing to say.
Appearance: Just a regular lion. Goldish color, short with a goldish color tuft at the end of his tail.
Other:None

~GL

Arnen
14th January 2004, 08:53 PM
I'd like to reserve two Jiwe cubs (twins) and the Majani pride male.

Wolfsong
14th January 2004, 10:46 PM
^^ I havent' been to or in an rpg in a while but this one looks interesting XD

Hope i can have two characers either way signs up.

Name: Liona
Role: Lioness
Relation: neice
Personality: Easy going but can be a bit stubbon at times. She won't pick a fight unless its for somethign she believes in, but will finish one if someone tries to mess with her.
Appearance: similar to Nalas, except her toes are the same color as her stomach and muzzle and all. She does have a light mark on her shoulder. Depending on the way she's standing it looks like a lions head. Light brown tuft on her tail, and her eyes are a rich chocolate brown.
Other: nope

Name: Aricin
Role: Lion
Relation: Pride Male's son
Personality: Loyal to his parents, he can not stand the Jiwe pride and like his mother feels that the lioness provoked the attack and deserved what she got. He gets along all right with most of the other pride members though once or twice as a cub his practical jokes have landed him in hot water. He seems to have out grown them by now and wants desperatly to be treated like an adult.
Appearance: His fur is dark brown, except for his muzzle belly and underside of his belly which are gray. His eyes are a striking green (close to scars but darker). He has a scar cutting down his left rear thigh from his hip to his knee after an encounter with the Jiwe pride. Edit: what little Mane he has is black
Other:

*hopes she's accepted* ^^

Heald
15th January 2004, 12:42 PM
Accepted and reserved. You are also allowed as many characters as you would like to handle.

Heald
17th January 2004, 04:52 PM
Are you going to live up to those reservations?

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
18th January 2004, 08:08 AM
Name: Scruffy. ...er, I meant Terimu. But everyone calls him Scruffy, or mentally labels him as Scruffy.
Role: Just a lion. A scruffy one. Albeit one that's always neck-deep in trouble he doesn't ask for.
Relation: L\Younger brother. Even if he does look older.
Personality: When he was younger, Terimu was a nice lion. He was always trying to make peace and uphold honour and justice and stuff like that to the best of his ability, which wasn't much, cos he didn't like fighting aimlessly enough to gain any sort of senior position in the pride. Now he's older and has enough sense to know not to bother about such things as pride anymore, although he's still basically a good guy underneath all that depressed cynicism. Other lions in the pride think of him as a necessary but unsavoury encumberence, as he's good in fights and reconaissance.
Appearance: He simply radiates scruffiness. This may be because he hasn't been groomed properly since he was a cub with his mom to do it for him. Terimu is thoroughly disreputable. He's a lean, sinewy lion, covered with scars; he has a perpetually tired, washed-out air about him, and his mane sticks up in ragged dark-brown tufts. His fur is coppery, and fades to a whitish grey at the paws, underbelly and muzzle. His eyes are feral-dog yellow.
Other: He's got a single cub; sole survivor of a litter. His mate's dead.

Name: Kiwami
Role: Lioness
Relation: Niece
Personality: She's someone who still believes that everything that looks good really is good; that if you work really hard at something, you'll get something in return, and suchlike. She's blur, and very often thinks the best of everyone. Occasionally, she seems to sense things. Like when it's not good to just declare open war on the Jiwe pride because of a trifle. And suchlike. Kiwami is the bleeding-heart of the Majani pride. She's very like her dad was when he was much, much younger.
Appearance: She is rather a common-looking lioness; she would blend right into the background, with her dark-orangeish fur fading to white at the muzzle and tippy-toes and underbelly and the darkish tips to her ears and tail, if your gaze didn't stop at her eyes first. They are odd eyes, the left being silver-grey and the right being feral-dog yellow. They follow you around the room, and indeed Kiwami seems to spend most of her time watching people with a mildly unhappy expression on her face.
Other: Daughter of Terimu.

Heald
18th January 2004, 08:49 AM
Both are accepted, but first I want to clarify something:

Scruffy - you said 'older brother'. You mean that Scruffy is the younger brother, right? Since the King is the eldest brother of them all.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
19th January 2004, 03:58 AM
*snaps fingers* Oh yeah!! *is stupid* *goes to edit*

Heald
19th January 2004, 01:03 PM
Okay, that's good.

Nabooru23, please have your reserved sign-ups within 72 hours of this post or I will surrender the Majani male on a first come first serve basis.

Sheila Rae
22nd January 2004, 04:25 PM
This looks like the perfect RPG for my schedule! :)

Name: Miitasa
Role: cub(?)
Relation: Nefertii's cub (tell me if you want me to change it CF)
Personality: She is very in tune with nature. Because of this, she likes to be alone and just abosrbs nature's beauty. Miitasa is friendly and compassionate to people she knows and trusts. However, her trust is very difficult to earn and doing so should mark an accomplishment in one's life. Since "getting to know" her is a painstakingly slow process, she might seem cold and aloof. She has a very adamant heart and always protects nature.
Appearance: Her fur is light tawny, but her paws, ears, and tail tuft are a darker cinnamin (sp?) colour, kinda looking like a Siamese cat pattern. Miitasa has very, very, light crytsal blue eyes that are a great contrast to her fur. She almost always has a flower by her ear, maybe a red hibiscus or a blue passionflower. He claws are silver and very sharp.
Other: none atm

crimson_flygon
27th January 2004, 09:25 AM
Sheila:that's fine with me sheila

and HealdPk, when do you think you will be starting the roleplay? I can't wait and I just want to know if you have any idea when you'll start it, thanks ;)

Heald
27th January 2004, 11:03 AM
Okay, Sheila Rae, that's fine, exept your character would be a lioness, not a cub, as a teenager is old enough to go away from the cub pack.

And Nabooru23, you've lost your reservation. The Majani male is free. Once that has been filled, I will start the RPG.

Heald
29th January 2004, 03:20 PM
Okay, whoever wants the Majani Pride Leader can have him. Is there anyone in this RPG who wants to ditch their character? Please, we need the Majani Pride Leader!

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
30th January 2004, 05:55 AM
Um... if no one else wants him I'll ditch my lioness character and make a new one for the Majani pride leader...

Heald
30th January 2004, 12:48 PM
You can both if you like. Please, I just want someone to play as him.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
31st January 2004, 11:35 AM
Don't think I can handle three characters, so I'm only gonna play the two brothers... er.. yah...

Edited Signups
Name: Scruffy. ...er, I meant Terimu. But everyone calls him Scruffy, or mentally labels him as Scruffy.
Role: Just a lion. A scruffy one. Albeit one that's always neck-deep in trouble he doesn't ask for.
Relation: Younger brother. Even if he does look older.
Personality: When he was younger, Terimu was a nice lion. He was always trying to make peace and uphold honour and justice and stuff like that to the best of his ability, which wasn't much, cos he didn't like fighting aimlessly enough to gain any sort of senior position in the pride. Now he's older and has enough sense to know not to bother about such things as pride anymore, although he's still basically a good guy underneath all that depressed cynicism. Other lions in the pride think of him as a necessary but unsavoury encumberence, as he's good in fights and reconaissance. He is completely loyal to his brother, although he wouldn't admit it, and is convinced that Tiaret is a Bad Influence ^_^;;
Appearance: He simply radiates scruffiness. This may be because he hasn't been groomed properly since he was a cub with his mom to do it for him. Terimu is thoroughly disreputable. He's a lean, sinewy lion, covered with scars; he has a perpetually tired, washed-out air about him, and his mane sticks up in ragged dark-brown tufts. His fur is coppery, and fades to a whitish grey at the paws, underbelly and muzzle. His eyes are feral-dog yellow.
Other: His mate is dead.

Name: Kosa
Role: Pride Leader
Relation: o_O ...He's... himself?
Personality: Kosa is a completely honest lion; he's so honest, you'll have to watch for what he _doesn't_ tell you in conversations, instead of watching for any lies, because it's almost guaranteed what he left out is extremely important. He is an expert at controlling his emotions. He is also smarter than he should be, although he doesn't let on about just how much he knows to most anyone. He probably knows that Tiaret is really being unreasonable, and that the war is pointless; but for his own reasons, he wants it to go on anyway. He has a sort of disaffected amused interest in his mate and son that would pass as love in someone like him, although his bond with his brother is possibly deeper.
Appearance: He doesn't look anything like his brother XD;; Kosa is an extremely thin and rangy lion, very fast on his paws, and he doesn't eat much, which is odd for a pride leader; he does not have any visible scars, which shows how good he is at killing/wounding his opponents before they realize it. He has copper fur, immaculately groomed, fading to cream at the muzzle and underbelly. His mane, paws and tail-tuft are black, his eyes are green-brown.
Other: Mate=Tiaret, Cub=Aricin

Heald
1st February 2004, 10:00 AM
Woohoo! In the words of Timon...it starts.