PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Yes! Only 776 levels to go!

mr_pikachu
15th January 2004, 08:58 PM
Ah, yes. It's another insane poll by yours truly, mr_pikachu! Let's get started! :yes:

REGULAR QUESTIONS:

1. What is your favorite video game of all time? (Not series, GAME.)
2. What, in your opinion, is the best gaming system of all time?
3. What, in your opinion, was the best gaming system of all time for the time it came out? (i.e. Gamecube rocks, but the early consoles knocked the socks off many gamers back then. Take that into consideration with your answer.)
4. Which do you prefer, sports, board games, card games, or video games?
5. Do you play any types of games other than those mentioned in question #4?
6. If you have played, what is your favorite character on Super Smash Brothers? (Can be original or Melee.)

POKEMONIZED QUESTIONS:

7. Which of the three "series" of Pokemon games that have come out do you like best? RBY, GSC, or RS?
8. Do you own any Pokemon games other than the ones mentioned above and/or Pokemon Stadium(s)?
9. How do you decide what Pokemon to have on your team in the Game Boy/GBA games?
10. How many Mewtwos did you collect before the Dark type was introduced in GSC? Come on, tell me!

RANDOM QUESTION:

11. What's your favorite show on the channel Pokemon appears on in your country?

And now, for my answers...

1. Gotta be Super Mario RPG for Super Nintendo. That games ROCKED. It was one of the first RPGs I ever played, and it got me hooked. I played through it about 15 times, and it's a fairly long game.
2. PS2. Sure, Gamecube's got the sentimentality, but PS2 just has awesome graphics and the not-so-cartoony look. (FFX-2 images are unbelievable!) Plus, you have to buy extra controllers for Gamecube, which isn't a plus. :no: At least PS2 gives you two to start. And then there's the fact that the Final Fantasy series is on PS2 and not Gamecube, which is what got me wanting a PS2 in the first place. Oh, not to mention the fact that you can play PS1 games on PS2... ^_^
3. Definitely Super Nintendo. This was Nintendo's main system for several years, which meant LOTS of games. Plus, it had some great ones like the original Mario Kart and Super Mario RPG (mentioned earlier). Nintendo would still have a monopoly over games today if they'd continued to make advances in gaming like the jump from Nintendo to Super Nintendo.
4. Probably video games, but I love board games as well. I enjoy video games because they're so in-depth, with storylines, action, and fast paced gameplay. But sometimes you just need to sit back and enjoy a simple, yet complex board game. Oh, the mental stimulation! :D
5. I used to make up number games with my friends, and there's always the letter game on long road trips! (The letter game is where you look for something with the letter A on it, then B, and so on. The goal is to get through the entire alphabet, in order, before the trip ends.)
6. What's my screen name? Tell me, what's my screen name? If you don't know now, you never will.
7. RBY was great, because it kicked it off. GSC had some awesome features, and really changed the game of Pokemon. RS was cool, but it left out some important things from GSC, including Kanto, Johto, some Pokemon, and a lot of features. Overall, I enjoyed GSC the most, even though those stupid dogs kept me running all over Johto for days of game time... -_-;
8. Lemme see... the Puzzle one for Game Boy... Both Pinball games... and the TCG for Game Boy. I can't think of any others...
9. Well, balance is always a good start. (I like Fire types, but I don't need four on my team... :P) Then there's level, of course. Battle strength and potential's always an issue. Because of the Battle Towers, I try to keep legendaries out of my main lineup (so I don't over level them). Of course, if I'm heading to the contest hall, those skills are all that really matters to me.
10. I had four before I said, "The heck with it. I'll just complete the team with my Lv. 100 Charizard and Lv. 70-something Venusaur." Ah, the days of old...
11. Pokemon, duh! Sure, Yu-Gi-Oh's cool, but Duel Monsters will never be better than Pocket Monsters, IMO.

Red Angel
15th January 2004, 09:19 PM
REGULAR QUESTIONS:

3. What, in your opinion, was the best gaming system of all time for the time it came out? (i.e. Gamecube rocks, but the early consoles knocked the socks off many gamers back then. Take that into consideration with your answer.)
6. If you have played, what is your favorite character on Super Smash Brothers? (Can be original or Melee.)

POKEMONIZED QUESTIONS:

7. Which of the three "series" of Pokemon games that have come out do you like best? RBY, GSC, or RS?
8. Do you own any Pokemon games other than the ones mentioned above and/or Pokemon Stadium(s)?
9. How do you decide what Pokemon to have on your team in the Game Boy/GBA games?
10. How many Mewtwos did you collect before the Dark type was introduced in GSC? Come on, tell me!

RANDOM QUESTION:

11. What's your favorite show on the channel Pokemon appears on in your country?

1. Um... toughie. The best one I've played to date would probably be Goldeb Sun (yes, I consider it one game because of the story).

2. Hard to say... considering all I've ever owned are various incarnations of GB, the GBA gets my vote.

3. Meh... dunno.

4. Video games... although I like card games as well.

6. Dunno... it's a toss up between Pikachu (there is nothing funnier that jumping over someone and using his thunder move :D) and Fox.

7. Well, RBY's great because of the nostalgia factor and all, and GSC had the huge world and all, but RS has the best play value IMHO.

8. I've played both TCG and Pinball GBC

9. It's basically at random... although I do make sure I have a balance of types.

10. Like... 2. :D

11. Everything on that channel is bad (including Pokemon... I dislike the anime), and about the only decent thing that was ever shown on it was Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz.

classy_cat18
15th January 2004, 09:20 PM
REGULAR QUESTIONS:

1. DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!!! I'll have to say Banjo-Tooie for the N64. Humor, adventure, cool boss battles. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO TO MICROSOFT?
2. Game Boy Advance. Huge game library, cool graphics, and portability.
3. Super Nintendo all the way. I still own and play mine, and a lot of the games that I wanted but couldn't get are coming out on the GBA.
4. Video games. I run on technology.
5. Card games, especially Uno.
6. Ice Climbers! Yoshi, too!

POKEMONIZED QUESTIONS:

7. GSC. Best Pokemon, plus biggest jump from the previous version.
8. Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire. I would have had more, but my brother always beat me to the punch.
9. I always need a well balanced team, but also moves that they can learn. Other than that, it's usually the first Pokemon that I get.
10. None. See, I didn't like having Mewtwo on my team.

RANDOM QUESTION:

11. *blushes* Static Shock. Pokemon in a very close second.

Leon-IH
16th January 2004, 12:46 AM
1. err.. i'll get flamed but i r teh think it was super mario kart!

2. SNES is the best, nothing else has games that good, or as many games where charecters had MANLY HAIRCUTS!

3. Prolly SNES which was the last improvement, i like 64's but snes roxors

4. Video Games, then cards, pretty close really.

5. yep.

6. umm, Falcon from original, FALCON KICK!!

7. GSC, definately.. Ru/Sa is just ****ing boring, it works like this.. "Homo duder switched in salamence, other homo duder switched in Regice" and we go from there..

8. Nope.

9. i get as tired as possible and randomly choose em, then i make modifications and get a team.

10. err none, only thing i collected was Slowbies.

11. now, Ten australia has jack all good stuff, seeing as gundam wing and general kiddy anime sucks major balls, i suppose the best thing it has is the infomercials.

AntiAsh Superstar
16th January 2004, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by mr_pikachu

POKEMONIZED QUESTIONS:

RANDOM QUESTION:

1. Umm... not really sure, it's prolly gonna be a tie between Pokémon Silver, Super Streetfighter 2 and Yoshi's Island. I've wasted more of my life on those three games than any other. @_@;;;

2. SNES, without a doubt, it had a back catalogue of games so good that they felt the need to re-release most of them for the GBA. :o

3. The good ol' Game Boy, was anybody really ready for its sheer genius at the time? The fact that it happily kicked around for a good decade before a proper replacement came along (I don't consider the GBC a true replacement, it was just the GB pocket with tweaks) speaks volumes, as does the fact that it totally annihalated all the competition.

4. Video games, although board and card games are fun I don't think I could manage multi-hour stints playing them like I can with some video games.

5. That's for me to know and you to guess. ;)

6. Me and Yoshi are an unstoppable team, just ask anyone I've played against. :) Obviously I also have a soft spot for Pikachu, but the good ol' green dinosaur is my character of choice.

7. GSC. Decent additions to the pokédex, introduction of items, and at the time the traditional Pokémon plot hadn't grown too stale, which is where I thing R/S falls down. Do we WANT another game that's the exact same plot as the others?

8. Pokémon Snap, the excellent ,complete in a single day but excellent for killing 5 mins' game, and that's about it.

9. I instantly fall for a certain pokémon and go 'right, I HAVE to have this on the team.' I keep a sub's bench for pokémon I like so they can be trained eventually. As to my actual team, it pretty much is random, tho my current Ruby team has a 'classical' theme (in fact half of it is the team I beat Blue with). :o

10. One, why on earth would I want any more? Oh, no, tell a lie, I did actually have two thanks to testing out some Game Genie codes and catching one in a patch of grass.

11. Dunno. Pokémon is on Sky One over here, and we don't actually have satellite in our little apartment. I have no idea what's on the channel any longer, but I'll make a guess at their schedules and say The Simpsons.

Royal_Goddess_Tina
16th January 2004, 07:47 AM
Yay! Another poll... Keep them coming... I love them!

REGULAR QUESTIONS:

-Ummmmm.... Mario World or Mario Kart? Maybe twisted metal... I can't choose!

- Playstation 2 because it's newer... lol

-Nintendo 64...

- Depends who I'm playing with... I guess I will say board games...

- Mind games... :P

-I forget the characters names... lol...

POKEMONIZED QUESTIONS:

-RBY...

-Nope...

-Whatever ones are higher in levels and strong...

-Ummm.. none... lol...

RANDOM QUESTION:

- Hmmmmm.... SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!!!!!!! :wave:

Nuriko
16th January 2004, 10:05 AM
REGULAR QUESTIONS:

1. Favourite video game of all time... that's a tough one. ><; There's a lot... I guess I'll say Final Fantasy X. I loved the storyline, the battle system, the graphics, the music, the characters, everything... one of the first games to make me cry. Although I enjoyed Golden Sun as well, (yes, call me crazy) I just found it to be really, really fun. ^^;
2. Game Boy Advance... but that's just because I like portable stuff. ^^;
3. Don't really know.
4. Video games.
5. I can't think of any... there are car trip games, lol.
6. I loved playing as Pichu simply for the speed. ^^; Kirby and Link, I like, as well...

POKEMONIZED QUESTIONS:

7. The original RBY. Nothing compares to them...
8. Pokémon pinball (the first one), snap, and puzzle league.
9. I usually just go with ones that I like, but have at least decent strength as well.
10. Uh, one for each game? I didn't collect them. O_o

RANDOM QUESTION:

11. Well, I don't watch the channel that Pokémon airs on at my country, so I really don't know.

Fett One
16th January 2004, 10:43 AM
1. Knights of the Old Republic
2. PC since I have never owned the other systems
3. SNES was the best
4. Video Games
5. Nope
6. Never Played
7. Not sure
8. Nope
9. I base it off of type and looks
10. Just the one that you capture in the cave
11. Jackie Chan Adventures

The Muffin Man
16th January 2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by mr_pikachu
Ah, yes. It's another insane poll by yours truly, mr_pikachu! Let's get started! :yes:

REGULAR QUESTIONS:

Earthbound
SNES
NES. Nothing like that had been seen before. Nintendo took a risk and look at 'em now.
~Video and card games.
Not really.
~Pikachu, Falco, Jigglypuff(XD) and Mewtwo/Samus(tied)

POKEMONIZED QUESTIONS:

RBY
Used to have Pinball, I wish I had the Puzzle Leage game for N64
Whatever I like and whatever I need.
Once. I never did like overpowering human trainers...

RANDOM QUESTION:

On KidsWB - Teen Titans, On Cartoon Network - Futurama.

The_Missing_Link
16th January 2004, 08:05 PM
1) That would have to be Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The story is great, the enemies are fun to battle against and just looking at it is entertaining

2) ooh, that's a toughie. I would go with SNES or N64. SNES really brought me into the gaming world (although I played with NES and Sega before that) and it had awesome games. N64 was big with 3D graphics; gave you a way to look at thing differently

3) SNES brought a lot of awesome games but NES was the big thing back then. Introduced us to Mario, Bowser, the ducks from Duck Hunt... it was big and the cartridges were huge but whenever someone thinks about the console, it brings back a huge surge of memories

4) I adore sports and video games but I've loved sports longer and I'm a Baltimore O's nut but video games comes very close. Provides good entertainment when you're bored

5) No I don't. Those games are the only ones I like

6) In the original, it was Pikachu and Captain Falcon. In Melee, it's Zelda/Sheik and Roy

7) I guess GSC because it brought the first touch of color (actually, it was Yellow but GSC was advanced), it brought Pokemon movement in battles and it had a combination of Johto and Kanto. RS is close though because it's such an improvement altogether despite the lack of the original Pokemon

8) I have Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 and Pokemon Puzzle. I also wanted Pokemon Snap at first but then heard it got too boring after a while

9) Well, I always choose ones that I know or heard will be powerful when they evolove. I'm just big on power. I also like balance and always have a fire and psychic type on my team

10) I only had one. Never used gameshark to get Mew or anything else

11) Well, for Kids WB, Pokemon is my favorite followed by Yu-Gi-Oh. Then on Cartoon Network, it's DB/DBZ/DBGT and Yu Yu Hakusho

Toxicity
16th January 2004, 08:58 PM
REGULAR QUESTIONS:

POKEMONIZED QUESTIONS:

RANDOM QUESTION:

~*^*~

1. Either .hack//Infection(Part 1 in the game series) for PS2 or Golden Sun: The Lost Age for GBA..=^^=

2. PS2...They have some of the greatest games, the controlling is easier to learn, and I like the graphics...

3. GBA...I like it, it's just that it lasted so long then after Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga it all went flat...:/ It's not as interesting anymore...

4. Mostly video games, but I like card games and board games some...Mmm...Brain Strain....

5. Mind games, a few different board games(depends on what they are), and I'm somewhat fond of Tarot Cards...

6. The original: Pikachu; Melee: Zelda/Sheik or Mewtwo

Pokemonized Questions:

7. GSC...I like the touch of color in it and the release of Pokemon to excite us all. RS is close enough but not as good because it's only 1 land and the originality in some Pokemon began to lack.

8. I have all of the games in the three series, Pokemon Stadiums 1 and 2, and Pokemon Puzzle for GBC/GBA. I gave away Pokemon Snap once it got boring, but I've played Puzzle League. I also have Pokemon Channel, but it got boring after awhile...

9. I study them with my guides(the kind with a PokeDex in the back), and try to compose attacks to make them good enough to fit into it to make it a team member. Then I choose which I feel will do well, and place them there.

10. Only 2: Red and Yellow. I accidently killed the one in Blue, then deleted the file, then lost the cartridge...:/ I didn't like overpowering too much so I stored them and kept my legendary bird and my faithful Surfing Pikachu in Yellow.

Random Question:

11. I don't like WB much anymore, but out of what I've seen on the past...either Detention or Histeria(both went off-air). And for Cartoon Network, either Inu-yasha or Family Guy.

Elemental Seribii
16th January 2004, 10:31 PM
1. What is your favorite video game of all time?
Let me think...I guess

N64 for me. So many memories. Beating the final Bowser on Mario 64, playing Pokemon Stadium, Pod racing. I've played the S/NES, but I've never owned one, so I can't say.

3. What, in your opinion, was the best gaming system of all time for the time it came out?
I was addicted to Yoshi's Island on my cousin's SNES, and the color graphics were so cool to seven-year-old me. It gets my vote.

Video games, probably. I'm no good at sports, but I love board games.

Does Cat's Cradle count?

6. If you have played, what is your favorite character on Super Smash Brothers?
In the original, Pikachu or Link. In Melee, Link, Roy or Marth.

POKEMONIZED QUESTIONS:

Crystal forever. The first time I didn't have to automatically play as a boy. I still play Yellow when I'm bored, though, because that Pikachu is so cute.

I have Pokemon Snap, and Hey You! Pikachu, but my dog ate the microphone, and Pokemon Puzzle League for the N64.

I really just do it on favorites. I don't play by stats or anything, but I try to have a balanced team.

None. I swear. By the time I had gotten to that point in Yellow, I was already playing GSC. I think I saved my game in the Unknown Dungeon in Yellow. I should finish that one day.

RANDOM QUESTION:

Kids WB, I dunno, I don't really watch it anymore. For Cartoon Network, either .hack//sign or Inu-Yasha, if Adult Swim counts.

titandude21
17th January 2004, 11:27 AM
REGULAR QUESTIONS:

POKEMONIZED QUESTIONS:

RANDOM QUESTION:

1. Mario Golf Toadstool Tour, recently replacing Mario Golf 1 for N64... it's basically the 1 thing I'm good at

2. N64... gamecube will overtake N64 if some more good games come out

3. i wasn't actively involved in the early generations of video games

4. sports, but since i'm not athletic, i stick to video games

5. fantasy sports online

6. Original- Pikachu
Melee- have only played it a few times

7. GSC, b/c it has so much depth compared to RBY, and a lot more replayability than RS

8. only Gold, Yellow, and Stadium 2

9. favorites, time it takes to train the pokes (by level, breeding, getting TMs, etc)

10. 1, since i didn't dup any

11. Pokemon Advanced... Pokemon and Yugioh are the only things i watch on WB... well maybe some Mets baseball in the summer when I'm very bored. Meet the Mets, stand right up and greet the Mets...

Adz44
17th January 2004, 04:12 PM
REGULAR QUESTIONS:

POKEMONIZED QUESTIONS:

RANDOM QUESTION:

1. Final Fantasy 7. Great characters, great storyline, great gameplay. If you're an RPG fan who owns a PS1 or PS2, I urge you to buy it...now! (if you haven't already done so)

2. I'd have to go with the ZX Spectrum + 2, for personal reasons. For those who don't know about this computer (which will be most of you), it was designed by Clive Sinclair (you're forgiven if you don't know who he is...just don't let it happen again! lol ) in the early 80's (The ZX80 being the first to appear). The one I was brought up to use was a later model. Even at the time, the graphics and sound were nothing, but it was just...magic. Some of the games that came out for it were just classics. Jet Set Willy, Manic Miner, the Dizzy series....I could go on, but I won't for your sake.

3. My above answer pretty much says it all...at least I hope it does...

4. I'd play a video game ahead the other options other day. I play the odd game of footy when I have a chance, but my consoles reign supreme.

5. Erm...can't think of any.

6. I've played SSB:M. My favourite characters are Captain Falcon, Mr Game and Watch and Young Link.

7. Haven't really sat down and played a Pokémon game. Maybe I should...

8. Nope, I don't own any.

9. Can't answer.

10. Once again, can't answer.

11. Pokémon appears on a few channels over here, but I'll use Sky One as my example. My favourite show that appears on that at the moment is probably Angel. 5th series has just started over here...and I think it looks promising. :D

Crystal Mew
17th January 2004, 09:02 PM
1. Hmm....I like DDR, and Mario Kart atm, so I'll go with those

2. Eh... I'll say Gamecube ^_^ its the one I play the most, second comes ps2

3. I liked the N64...

4.I like all of the above :o I guess sports cause I don't like to be a couch potato all day long

5. yeah, I play volleyball

6. Pikachu all the way! not because its a pokemon, but its actually good to have, its the only one I'm really good at

7. I would have to say r/s...just because of all of its cool features, and its actually all colorful

8. yeah, pokemon puzzle leauge...its pretty fun

9. by the way I'm emotionally attached to them, lol. like my skitty...she may suck, but she's been with me forever :(

10.only one!

RANDOM QUESTION:

11. Pokemon advanced I guess...or the old indigo ones.

Yoh Asakura
18th January 2004, 05:29 AM
1. Hmmm... It's either some old skool classics like Bubble Bobble or it's Final Fantasy VII.

FFVII = The Best FF Game EVER. Anybody who say's VIII is the best is an idiot =) VIII = WORST GAME EVA!!!!!1111

2. Oh PSSH! Everybody knows it's the SNES =)

3. I'd say it's either the SNES since it has the best selling game of all time on it, or i'd say the Play Station due to it's fantastic FMV sequenses for games =)

4. Pssh video games lolz

5. I dun like sports...

6. Pichu with his cool lil blue goggles =D or Young Link.

7. Ruby/Saphire

8. I have them all...

9. I pic the coolest looking mons and usually the Legend's/hard to catch XD but only if they look cool, I don't use those crappy things in R/S that run around x_X they suck X_x

10. 2 or 3...

11. Futurama, Family Guy, Yu-Gi-Oh! I unno can't pick.

ChesterBLover
23rd January 2004, 03:36 PM
1. What is your favorite video game of all time?
I'd have to say Super Mario Bros. 3, because that was the first game that I got for my nintendo when I was like 3, and I can't get enoug hof that freggin boot Mario jumps around in (I forgot what its called O_o)
Probably Playstation and Gameboy in a tie (All platforms) because I am dumb and never played any others.
3. What, in your opinion, was the best gaming system of all time for the time it came out?
I don't know, I liked Nintendo I guess -dies-
Video games, because sports require physical effort and I don't like messy board and card games.
Er, I like to play some board games
I like Marth and Roy, because they be fast and I love to hit people continuously without giving them a chance to attack, mwahaha

POKEMONIZED QUESTIONS:

GSC, because RS added too many pokemon instead of making the graphics and plot updated. I am tired of the same old crap. Plus, I like dark types ^_^
I have pokemon trading card game for my gameboy color because I felt like it
I pick my favorites out of all of them, and try to get as many types plugged into my team so I'll have the advantage. I usually have dog-based pokemon O_o
Err, I think I got 1 because it took me forever to get him in red

RANDOM QUESTION:

Cartoon network? I love almost every cartoon, so, err, I dunno. Anything that is not older or super hero based.

Razola
24th January 2004, 01:13 AM
Tetris.

Game Boy Advance. Lots of crap on it, sure, but it's pretty consistent on rolling out solid RPGs and platformers. SNES would be next.

NES. It resurrected a nearly dead industry and shifted game production from the US to Japan. It showed that Nintendo was a risk-taker with real guts. And the risk paid off.

Any of the above, provided it is fun.

I play them all, but sports the least. My area is too cold...and I'm pretty damn lazy.

Kirby (N64), Ice Climbers (GC)

Red and Blue. Not Yellow. By the time yellow came out, all the complicated stat exp and other overly complicated power-gaming calcuations were wrecking the experience. I liked Red because it was new and I had no idea what I was doing. Now I look at new pokemon and judge what is good.

Nope. Pokemon Snap was a very average game and worthy of only one rental. Hey You Pikachu! wasn't a game, but more of an expensive experiment with a headset. Pokemon Channel isn't a game, it's an overpriced coaster. I forgot to buy Pinball since I didn't have the money. I really wanted it though. Maybe one of these days...

Based on a balance of types. I care little for how good the team is, as I never find anyone to battle as far as the GBA link is concerned.

None. I accidently used the Master Ball on Ditto (remember, I was going into it blind) and when I fought Mewtwo is was past my bedtime. My mother came in to yell at me for staying up playing games. I frantically finished the battle and saved, forgetting about Mewtwo and focusing more about my angry mother.

Samurai Jack and Inuyasha. Tasty.