PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Supermods

Number1ChanseyFan
17th January 2004, 12:42 AM
Well, as most of you know, L_P recently created the "Supermods" The Supermods can close/move/delete/merge topics in all of the forums, and they can also ban people. The 4 Supermods are: Zak, Chris, OzAndrew, and Lady Vulpix.

Now, for the polls!! Basically, these polls are about each one of the new Supermods, there are 3 questions for each Supermod:

A: Did you expect this person to be supermodded?
B: What do you expect them to do in their career as Supermod?
C: What do you think of this person in general?

If there are any other things that you would like to add, like certain memories that you have of the Supermods, feel free to add them to your replies!!

1. Zak

A: Did you expect this person to be Supermodded?

2. Chris

3. OzAndrew

4. Lady Vulpix

Ok, here are my replies!!

1A: Yes
1B: I think that Zak will be an excellent Supermod, he is very dedicated to TPM, he is nice and helpful and intelligent, and I think that he will be around as Supermod as long as TPM is around.
1C: I think that Zak has been an excellent member of TPM, he has been a great Pokémon Anime mod, he is friendly and helpful, and he is very active, and is always making intelligent, quality posts. He is also a great guy to talk to.

2A: Yes.
2B: Chris is knowledgeable about a lot of different stuff, and I think that he will do very well as Supermod.
2C: I think that Chris is a very smart person, he knows a lot about a lot of different things, and he is very helpful too.

3A: Yes
3B: OzAndrew has modded a lot of different forums, and has done a good job of it, so I think that he will continue doing a good job as Supermod.
3C: OzAndrew is active in a lot of different forums, and he was modded in different forums when they needed a mod, so obviously, he is very knowledgeable about different things at TPM. He should be a very good Supermod.

4A: Yes
4B: LV has been very active in PCG, and it can be quite tough doing all of that club/game approving and stuff, so she will likely do good as supermod with all of that practice and stuff!!
4C: LV has done alot in the PCG forum, approving clubs/games, getting involved in the different activities, etc... I think that she will also be a very good Supermod.

Jay
17th January 2004, 03:51 AM
I could probably see problems with this, but we'll see how it goes.

Zak

A: Oh but of course. 'He's always looking for new forums to mod :)' Apparently four wasn't enough for him.
B: Umm, other than administering AD, I think he'll be looking out for stuff in PCG, probably nothing more. He'll just gloat about his spot.
C: Backstabs.

Chris

A: Yes, but it's not like I did want him to be a super mod. Why would you super mod someone who doesn't go into forums other than the ones you moderate already? That defeats the purpose of it really.
B: I expect he'll done nothing more than look after the forums he moderates now.
C: He was cool but decided to turn against me due to peer pressure. 'I'm the Jay he doesn't like.'

OzAndrew

A: Of course. Oz was always the best choice for the spot.
B: He goes into nearly every forum, and I believe he'll use his position much better than the others will. :)
C: Other than him constantly calling me an attention whore behind my back, I think he's a pretty cool friend.

Lady Vulpix

A: Actually I didn't expect Gabi to get super modded.
B: Umm, I don't really know... She's kind of like Zak in terms of looking after the forum that she once moderated. But PCG is a big place and has a very large sub forum, so I think she'll use it well too in terms of banning (not like I can see her doing it :P).
C: She's one of the rare few (actually, I think the only person) who likes me who doesn't know about my problems. o_o She's very understanding.

Cheesey
17th January 2004, 05:50 AM
Zak

A: Yeah. He's been around a long time and visits several forums... So I could see it coming.
B: Look over AD, PCG and Misc mostly... Will probably be on the lookout for spammers and such.
C: Nice guy, although I don't talk to him, like, ever, really.

Chris

A: Yeah, but I agree with Jay - He doesn't really go out of the help forums, so why was he supermodded?
B: Don't see anything changing, really. I don't think it's going to affect how much he goes out of his own forums.
C: He's a cool guy.

Ozzy

A: Yep. Best guy for the job, IMO.
B: He already visited a lot of forums anyway, so with this new power I think he'll do very well.
C: Don't know him all that well, but from what I know, he's cool.

Gabi

A: I kinda saw it coming. ^^;
B: I think so. She only really stayed in PCG before, but I've noticed that she's posting in other forums now, so I think she'll use it well.
C: She's a really nice person, and very helpful.

cd
17th January 2004, 11:26 AM
zaks a great guy and i know oz is ok too. i don't 'expect' them to do anything other than their job which i'm sure they can easily do. don't know the other two well, congrats on the spots.

edit:
Originally posted by Cheesey
Chris

A: Yeah, but I agree with Jay - He doesn't really go out of the help forums, so why was he supermodded?

who says he isn't active in the other forums

you don't have to post in a forum to be active in it. and by active i mean browsing.

Cheesey
17th January 2004, 11:35 AM
Suzie has said several times that the only way to really prove you're active is to post... And it's not easy to tell if someones active if they just browse, that's all.

Royal_Goddess_Tina
17th January 2004, 11:38 AM
Too many questions!!!! :yes:

1. Zak

- Nope...
-Bann people...
-I don't really know him... But, I'll say he's evil... mwahahaha...

2. Chris

-Nope...
-I don't know...
-I really don't know him... I don't think I have saw any of his posts...

3. OzAndrew

-Yes...
-Stuff...
-Never talked to him... but he seems nice...

4. Lady Vulpix

-Yes...
-"Make the world a better place..." lol... I dunno...
-Ummmmm... Seems nice...

woz
17th January 2004, 11:40 AM
Chris has around 9000 posts...i think that would suggest he is pretty active.

anyway i think all of the choices were terrible apart from Chris.

Mikey
17th January 2004, 12:57 PM
1A. Yeah, why wouldn't Zak get supermoded?
1B. I expect him to keep the forums clean from evil. :)
1C. Zak was the one who brought me back to TPM somehow, so he's cool.

2A. Yeah, Chris has been here for awhile and knows a lot about TPM
2B. I expect him to use his magical wizard powers as Chrisdolf and defend Minus Tirith...I mean TPM.
2C. Chris is cool. Never bothered me in any way

3A. Yes, not much else to say.
3B. He will smite all!!!
3C. Andy's cool. He's always nice in Ummmm and we have some nice convo's.

4A. Of Course, Gabby is the oober Supermod1!!!
4B. Gabby will rule all!
4C. Gabby's cool. She's reads my fic which makes me happy and seems nice.

I STILL THINK WE NEED TINA FOR ADMIN THOUGH!!!!!:yes:

Jay
17th January 2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by woz
Chris has around 9000 posts...i think that would suggest he is pretty active.
I don't mean to start an argument with you and other pbsers, woz, but those posts were made 'back in the day' when TPM was better. You see Vidgamer was 10k posts, does that mean he's active today? Not really. Posting only 205 times since September two years ago doesn't really mean you're -that- active here, at least, not for supermod status.

woz
17th January 2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Jay
I don't mean to start an argument with you and other pbsers, woz, but those posts were made 'back in the day' when TPM was better. You see Vidgamer was 10k posts, does that mean he's active today? Not really. Posting only 205 times since September two years ago doesn't really mean you're -that- active here, at least, not for supermod status.

i was responding to:

Cheesey: Suzie has said several times that the only way to really prove you're active is to post... And it's not easy to tell if someones active if they just browse, that's all.

which did give some indication that he was pretty active a while ago...

yes, you're right that 205 times isn't very active, but it wasn't exactly 2 years ago; 1 year and 4-5 months...i think Chris is more there for the technical side of things. it's pretty hard to post in forums when you don't like pokemon anymore.

DarkTemplarZ
17th January 2004, 05:29 PM
For all:

1) Never expected anyone to be super modded. Big suprise, L_P must be getting lazy.

2) Don't know, good I guess?

3) I don't know LV or Chris. Oz's pretty cool (o.O am I really saying that?! WTF is wrong with me?! j/k) and Zak's alright, hopefully he won't hang out in ummm too much and go crazy

Silver Ledian
18th January 2004, 02:58 PM

Andy
I totally forgot about Andy as a possible supermod but he definately deserves his spot. He's active, has helped out by modding multiple forums successfully in the past and always has something worthwhile to say. The quality I see in him is that he's very focused and attentive and as a general person, he's friendly, funny and sound. I just expect him to do his general supermod duties.

Chris
Definately expected Chris to get supermodded. He mightn't post as much as the other guys chosen but he's definately a really helpful guy, when it comes to technical stuff, and takes TPM seriously. He enjoys it. He is a very trustworthy person and bright, when it comes to anything at all to do with computers. He knows what goes on here and I think will be one of the four supermods that will make use of the banning function.

Gabi
Also yes, I espected Gabi to get supermodded. She is one of TPM's mod reliable mods, always active and posting/modding excellently in her own forum. She is friendly, a good listener and willing. All will help her in her supermod job. I expect her to do the normal supermod duties, dunno whether she'll ban though. Gabi is a busy person but I think she can succeed in scanning through the forums every so often.

Zak
Zak never actually came to my mind, yet it's ironic that he was the first to be supermodded. Zak takes his mod job seriously and he's proven to be perhaps the best Anime forum mod in a long time. He's very knowledgable about the goings on at TPM and is on a lot. Zak is helpful and observant, so I think that will help him in his supermod position. He must be aware that he can't always be right though :p Unless he was joking in Ummmm the other night, he appeared to act as if he couldn't be proven wrong ^^;;; Zak is the second of the 4 supermods that I think will make most use of the banning facility.

----

4 mods from 4 different timezones, all capable of being successful supermods for TPM. All have their own personalities and individual qualities that I think will help them. Good luck! :)

Geofree
19th January 2004, 04:43 AM
this is a pathetic thread, as if anyone would have the guts to say "no, none of them deserve to be super-modded." :rolleyes:

the real question is why do they deserve to be super mods? because they post alot? or because they're friends wit hpeople in higher places...

Andrew
19th January 2004, 05:36 AM
Some say Zak slept his way to the top but I can neither confirm nor deny ;) :P

And if people don't agree with the decision, they can whinge about it without being flaming and its pefectly fine and legal.

Geofree
19th January 2004, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by OzAndrew
And if people don't agree with the decision, they can whinge about it without being flaming and its pefectly fine and legal.
phew, thank god a super-mod allows that...

Lady Vulpix
19th January 2004, 07:49 AM
Of course it is allowed. You can always express your opinions as long as you don't flame while you're at it.

Alright, maybe you people are right. I do hope I don't have to get to banning someone, and if the situation comes I'll consult it with others first. I'm not a trigger-happy person. But I may have to make use of the ban function some day; I just hope not, because I'd rather see people being nice and responsible on their own.

As for the poll, I expected Chris to be supermodded because he had offered to add new featured to the board (whether he has the power to do that or not remains to be seen), and Andy because he's been modded on practically every forum (even here for a few minutes). Zak was a surprise, but I'm sure he'll do a good job. And getting a supermod spot myself was a surprise too, especially since I saw the list when I hadn't been chosen yet.

As for what each of us will do, I can picture Zak browsing through all the forums, posting everywhere and catching bad posts all over the place; for some reason I think he may be the most efficient at closing topics. I'll do a similar job myself (editing/deleting posts, stopping flame wars...); just like I've been doing on PCG, only on other forums too whenever it's necessary (and probably correcting typos on topic titles and the like). Andy's likely to delight people with his images :P and point out people's mistakes; and if someone some day posts an announcement on all forums, he's the most likely to do it after Suzie. Chris is more likely to lurk around and catch people breaking rules... I see him making more use of the banning power and eventually the forum options.

Little_Pikachu
19th January 2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Geofree

the real question is why do they deserve to be super mods?
They have all been active, helpful mods or a number of years, all have various different skills and personalities which make them a fantastic team.

All: Obviously. I was the first person to know who was going to get the places :)

Zak and Ozzy: These guys have been helpful, active members for a long time and have really helped out when we've been short handed in forums where they wouldn't usually post. I expect them to be able to mod all of TPM efficiently.
Gabi: Gabi is a mature, sensible, active member, I think she'll be the one who helps organise the way TPM works.
Chris: Chris may not be the most active, but I've wanted him admining for so long. He's by far one of the most knowledgable mods when it comes to all things message board related, he's going to be a great help in that sense.

Zak: I liked him until yesterday when he stole my go on the person describing game :mad:
Ozzy: Ozzy is a great guy, he's always willing to help TPM in anyway.
Gabi: Gabi is a very nice, sweet lady. I think we're lucky to have someone like her working for us.
Chris: Chris has been one of my best friends here for many years, since the days when we both used to mod UBB Help together ^_^ He's a great guy, I can't say more than that!

I hope this has cleared up a few reasons why I made my choices.

Kyl3
19th January 2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Little_Pikachu

Chris: Chris has been one of my best friends here for many years, since the days when we both used to mod UBB Help together ^_^ He's a great guy, I can't say more than that! I think he's a UBBDev, that denfenatly helps.

Lady Vulpix
19th January 2004, 07:35 PM
Sorry, the correction monster inside me won't let me rest.
Why do so many people have so much trouble spelling the world 'definitely'?

Anyway, Chris can't edit the board layout without FTP access (nor can the rest of us), which is also the reason why we don't have banners on each forum.

But we can put banners on our posts.

http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=391842

firepokemon
20th January 2004, 06:20 AM
I don't like the questions so I'll just write what I wish to say. None of us expected them to be supermodded unless some people knew that there were going to be super mods. It doesn't surprise me that out of the people on these forums, that those people were chosen to be super mods.

Do they deserve to be super modded? A year ago I could have made an opinion easily, these days, I'm not nearly around here as much as I use to be and therefore it would be unwise of me to form any real opinion. I will say a year ago or before that, none of them I would super mod. Does that mean I dislike them or anything? Hell no.

The reason I wouldn't supermod them is simple, while they're all perfectly nice people, I wouldn't like to see people modded unless they made a huge impact in 2000. Which I can easily none of them did. For me and I know 2000 is a long time ago, is that people who were around in 2000 and were very active, knew what tpm use to be, they know the history of the board and they know the members that were around then. They may have been around in 2000 but it wasn't like they were well known, they may even know the history of tpm, but were they active in that history? Probably not. For me 2000 was old pokemasters, it was when these forums were alive with members that indulged in what was the best year of these forums. Yes it was new and yes I was a hell of a lot more active, but they were the best times, they were times when there was little restraint, and we didn't need all these silly rules that populate the forums of today.

What should these super mods do? They should review all forums and all rules and eliminate most of the unnecessary rules that exist here at tpm. They should learn restraint of when to apply rules and should positively contribute to the forums. They should however not get to egotistical, nor should they try and change these forums to something this forum isn't about unless that was to try and attempt to see the glory days of tpm.

What do I think of these people?

Ozandrew. Ozandrew was an active member of the misc and fanfic forums, he was and is a great member that positively contributes to these forums. He's mature and knows when to apply rules. Maybe he will try and shift tpm into what he wants to be which may not represent the needs of the forums.

Zak - Crazy, great member who has been around for age, I would hope he doesn't try and change tpm to what he wants it to be and I could possibly see his ego go way out of control. Don't take this out of context, you're not a bad person, in fact I quite enjoy your posts and heh hes the only one that ever invites me to ummm, that says something.

Lady Vulpix - Of all the members I know her the less, unless she had a different name previously. Of all the super mods, shes the most likely to change the forums for the worse, because she seems to represent the behaviour that once existed when BBP and Ledian X were around.

Chris - Hes from the UK. They're bastards, hes one of a bunch which includes LP that came to these forums in late 2000, they necessarily mean to change the board, but ultimately the boards changed when they came. They had different attitudes about the board and were a tight group that quickly gained control of modding the forums. Which changed the forums to a tightly controlled unit that completely ruined the attitude towards the board. He doesn't seem that active, I don't see him around, regardless of whether he has knowledge of ubbs etc, it doesn't matter as far as I am concerned. Who the **** cares if he can install msg boards and put in hacks etc. They don't make these forums any better. It's not what the board looks like that matters. It's the attitude of the board that does. Don't go ruining that.

Lady Vulpix
20th January 2004, 09:50 AM
Firepokemon, you and I may disagree on what's 'good' for the forums, but that's not what I'm posting here for. Your attitude towards Chris was completely uncalled for. If you have something to say, say it without insulting people.

Ultimate Charizard
20th January 2004, 06:54 PM
So let me get that straight FirePokemon. Your main problem with Chris is that hes British. You feel were taking over the boards...well thats just paranoia. Let me guess, your American? So you'd prefer an entirely American board right....well sorry but this is an International Board, not a 'America is leeter than everyone else so they should follow us' board.

Sorry to all you other posters if this comes across as a Flame but as u may have guessed im English too and all i see is Discrimination because im from another country. It boils down to the same level as Racism or Sexism.

As for the supermod choices. The Proof is in the eating as they say. Lets just see how they perform before we all start passing judgement ok.

firepokemon
20th January 2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Lady Vulpix
Firepokemon, you and I may disagree on what's 'good' for the forums, but that's not what I'm posting here for. Your attitude towards Chris was completely uncalled for. If you have something to say, say it without insulting people.

You took my comments totally out of context. I wasn't insulting Chris at all, yes I called him a bastard. But it was taken out of context, what I meant was that he was one of the bunch of UK people that came to tpm and changed the board. Regardless of my thoughts towards that, I have no grudge with Chris.

Ultimate Charizard I am not american. Next time you open your mouth and spread filth at least know what the **** you are talking about.

shazza
21st January 2004, 07:46 AM
Well, good work to all of them. I would be a supermod if I didn't quit. :mad::wave:

1. Zak

-Yes.
-Close topics in ALL the forums and ban members. Also, hopefully attempt to make TPM more fun, at least a shadow of its former self.
-He is 8), and I respect him.

2. Chris

-Yes.
-Make TPM more cool, but there is nothing the ycan do.
-Me and Chris go back a long way, I don't talk to him as much, but we merged our message boards, which was still called IPHQ :mad2:, we also modded together in UBBH for quite awhile and let us not forget the sugar conversation.

3. OzAndrew

-Yes. It is obvious. :rolleyes:
-Same as the others, close topics in all forums.
-A few disagreements in the past, but overall Andy is ok.

4. Lady Vulpix

-No.
-SAME AS THE OTHERS!!!! ARGHHHHHHH
-We both have very different ideas, I have never really clicked with her, or even gotten to know LadyVulpix, oh well. :wave: