PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Snap

Drago
17th January 2004, 04:46 AM
Yes indeed, listed high among the necessary Pogey-paraphernalia is the N64 game, Pokemon Snap.
And I feel it’s my duty to, umm, myself, to catch up on all the old games that helped push Pokemon forward, whilst new ones loom upon the horizon. Yeah, the game was pretty short and easy, but it’s still a whole lot of fun. Where else can you make Snorlax dance, and pelt Jigglypuff with fruit if you don’t like its singing?

So let’s talk about Snap!
Reviews? Tips? Opinions?

To start things up, I was interested in hearing some peep’s photography scores. I played recently today, and rediscovered that Oak has absolutely no taste whatsoever. :( …Mook.

Well, my top three shots are
Mew, Rainbow, 9880
Yeah, of course. I’m not particularly fond of this shot, but I doubt anyone has a higher scoring shot than a perfect Mew. *shrug*
Special 2500, Size 940, Pose 1500

Pikachu, Beach, 6440
Not too bad a shot, least it makes sense. The Pika shot (out of many) was the Thunder on the stump. Bit of a Same Pokemon bonus thrown in with the special, and bam. You’ve got a high score.
Special 1300, Size 490, Pose 1300, Same Pokemon 260

Jigglypuff, Cave, 6380
Once again, a pretty puerile shot helped along by its special bonus. Indeed, it’s the singin’ trio at the end. On the plus side, I replaced the same shot with a lower score, so at least it looks nicer.
Special 1200, Size 310, Pose 1400, Same Pokemon 560

My lowest three are
Lapras, Beach, 3140
Not too bad a shot, the damned Lapras were just too far away to really do much, and the bad posing didn’t help matters either. If I were to try a bit harder, this could produce just a bit of a better score.
Size 440, Pose 100, Same Pokemon 260

Staryu, Valley, 3060
Haven’t really tried too much on Staryu. It’s just a lone Pokemon, sitting in the middle of the frame. Booooriiiiiing… Although I doubt there’s really all that much that can be done with Staryu.
Size 530, Pose 1000

Shellder, River, 2390
Aaaaaargh!! This is like the ultimate loser Pokemon for Snap. Size, pose, there’s just nothing that this Pokemon will do for you. Sometimes you’ll get lucky, but you’ll still end up with nothing to stick in your album…
Size 260, Pose 750, Same Pokemon 370

And finally, my favourite shot, it is of course…
Bulbasaur, River, 5060
Too bad this ranks a questionable #6 in my report, I really think this is a nice shot. Two Bulbas, eating apples, taking up the frame, and looking my way. But like I said, Oak has no class, and this will go on being unappreciated for a long while.
Size 880, Pose 1200, Same Pokemon 900

So who here can beat my scores? I’d wager a whole lot of people. lol

GreenShirT
17th January 2004, 07:23 PM
I dunno, Snap always seemed to me like one of those games that would be fun for about 10 mins but then just become too time consuming to be fun anymore.
So no I have never actually played it but I have Suzies N64 now so if I saw a cheap copy I may consider picking it up just to beat your scores :}

Craig
28th January 2004, 05:54 PM
This game was fun, but unfortunately I didn't like it all that much ( I only rented it, BTW) because you had to go on the stupid little "Zero-One" Instead of running around in the field, taking photos..luring the pokemon around in different areas, riding on river rafts, etc. To make it more like an environment that you take photos in, not "Throw an apple at exactly 3 secodns after you see the Electrode and the Charmander will run out and start eating it!" type thing.

They should make a Pokemon Snap 2, and make it more dynamic and less "on the path"