Dragon Claw

THanks!

titandude21
17th January 2004, 12:01 PM
physical set: Dragon Dance, EQ, AA/HP Flying, filler attack

special: fire blast, dragon claw, hydro pump, hp electric

Gralion
17th January 2004, 12:06 PM
Were can I get HYdro Pump to breed on ( Partly for FR/LG and partly for R/S)

Thanks

EDIT: CAN I get it from my Gorebyass?

HyperBlaziken
17th January 2004, 02:10 PM
You get it from breeding with Gyarados that has a Hydro pump.

Gralion
17th January 2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by HyperBlaziken
You get it from breeding with Gyarados that has a Hydro pump.

Thank you very much, Im lucky me Salmence is Female :)

KinkyAdidas
17th January 2004, 06:52 PM
I assume you're talking about in-game... I highly recommend HM slaves so you don't have to use those crappy HMs (meaning other than surf) on such godly pokemon like Salamence ;d

titandude21: Having just a physical set on him is very bad, and same with special. You need to mix it for different pokemon.

Fire Blast, Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Double-Edge

That's the standard, and works very well.

Gralion
18th January 2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by KinkyAdidas
I assume you're talking about in-game... I highly recommend HM slaves so you don't have to use those crappy HMs (meaning other than surf) on such godly pokemon like Salamence ;d

titandude21: Having just a physical set on him is very bad, and same with special. You need to mix it for different pokemon.

Fire Blast, Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Double-Edge

That's the standard, and works very well.

Personly I like my

Flame Thrower, Fly,Crunch and Dragon Claw :)

I used to have a Swellow to fly but i seriously doubt a Swellow could beat ALL of Wallys team due to is Seriouly rubbish stats :)

Poryhedron
18th January 2004, 03:17 PM
I used to have a Swellow to fly but i seriously doubt a Swellow could beat ALL of Wallys team due to is Seriouly rubbish stats :)

This is where the term "HM slaves", that KinkyAdidas mentioned, come into play. An HM slave is a pokémon that never actually battles, instead just using HMs in the field (there are other, less popular but also less degrading terms; the one I use is "HMer".) After all, do you really want a pokémon with Cut or Rock Smash trying to compete in Ever Grande? It may seem unwise to have fewer than six competent battlers in your team, but the fact is that the fewer pokémon you train, the more training each gets and the higher-level they'll be. The trick is to stay diversified despite the fewer battlers.

Gralion
19th January 2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Poryhedron
This is where the term "HM slaves", that KinkyAdidas mentioned, come into play. An HM slave is a pokémon that never actually battles, instead just using HMs in the field (there are other, less popular but also less degrading terms; the one I use is "HMer".) After all, do you really want a pokémon with Cut or Rock Smash trying to compete in Ever Grande? It may seem unwise to have fewer than six competent battlers in your team, but the fact is that the fewer pokémon you train, the more training each gets and the higher-level they'll be. The trick is to stay diversified despite the fewer battlers.

Well what im planning is this:

1) Get Rid of Streangh

2) Teach Crunch

3) FInd some HM Slaves but since i've now got to everywere I can fly to most foutes through cities :)

MetalScyther
20th January 2004, 12:41 AM
well, there are quite a few:

fireblast, dragonclaw, ddance, hp flying/aerialace

fire blast, dragonclaw, crunch, hydropump/iron tail etc.

dragon dance, earthquake, hp flying, irontail/brick break/fireblast

etc..you can mix up sets to fit your needs, if you ph33r ice beam dusclops crunch can work..iron tail after a dragon dance does a hell of a lot to regice, and i think it even ohko's it, i dunno haven't used it in awhile..hp flying is better than aerial ace if you can get it