PDA

View Full Version : My First Deck - from Fisher Price...or something like that [RMD] (YGO)

GreenShirT
18th January 2004, 06:50 PM
Ok so I have been gatehring up YuGiOh cards over the past month or so and being as bored as I was tonight (VERY) I decided to make myself a deck from them all (I bought 3 starter decks, Yugi, Joey and Kaiba and a lot of booster packs and 2 boosters from the new set Dark Crisis which I found gave me rocking monsters and magic cards.)
So here it is, my nights work. Please rate it and tell me any fixes that could improve etc...

Monsters: (24)
- Winged Dragon, Guardian of the Fortress #1
- Blue Eyes White Dragon
- Penguin Soldier
- Red Eyes Black Dragon
- Rogue Doll
- Harpies Brother
- Lord of Dragons
- Sangan
- Arsenal Summoner
- Guardian Kay'est
- Des Feral Imp
- Blindly Loyal Goblin
- Shadowknight Archfiend
- Desrook Archfiend
- Battle Footballer
- Dark Magician
- Giant Soldier of Stone
- Summoned Skull
- Zolga
- 7 Colored Fish
- Time Wizard
- La Jinn
- Mystical Elf
- Gearfried the Iron Knight

Magic Cards: (16)
- Dragon Treasure
- Book of Secret Arts
- Shield and Sword
- Monster Reborn
- The Flute of Summoning Dragon
- Giant Trunade
- Scapegoat
- Spell Reproduction
- Dark Hole
- Soul Exchange
- Yami
- Change of Heart
- Sogen
- Fissure
- Riryoku
- Dian Keto the Cure Master

Trap Cards: (10)
- Enchanted Javelin
- 2 Pronged Attack
- Negate Attack
- Trap Hole
- Dragon Capture Jar
- Waboku
- Reverse Trap
- Sakuretsu Armor
- Just Desserts
- Skull Invitation

So there you have it, I was sure I had Kuriboh in there somewhere along with Muliply but I guess not. Do you get those in Yugi's starter deck?

SWAMPERT1
18th January 2004, 09:14 PM
well first of all, u have way 2 many cards. try to get the number down to 40ish. secondly your deck has no theme, this is just random cards thrown together. sorry but no one can rate this. but it should have these cards NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

-monster reborn
-change of heart
-dark hole
-pot of greed
-reigeki
-graceful charity
-(maybe) Swords of R. Light
-Harpies Feather Duster
-Heavy Storm
-at least 1 Mystical Space Typhoon but recomended [3]

and for traps...
-Mirror Force
-Call of the haunted
-Imperial order (Although not nessisary to me anyway)
-Toriantle Tribute (sp?)
-Magical Cylinder is always good
-Destruction Ring
-A Wobuko is also good

Yay so these ar m/t's that should never not be in your deck. Also Jinzo helps in most decks. PM me if you want to know some good thems.

Dark-San
19th January 2004, 07:22 AM
You don't expect to get much decent monsters from starter decks. So I might suggest you to go for single cards buying spree the next you decide to upgrade your deck,

Sankan & Witch of Black Forest
~Well to me these two are irreplacable creatures. These two are important search engines and also they can save you from lots of trouble getting the monsters you want out!

Jinzo
~ Trap Denial! 'Enuff say...

Yata Garasu
~ Like wat TMM had said, I am feverish of Yata. Whoo! Together with Confiscation, Forceful Sentry and Delinquint Duo, your opponent would be KOed even before his life point is up!

For magic *Remember to get the Basic Staples*

They are:
Pot of Greed
Harpie's Feather Duster
Monster Reborn
Raigeki
Change of Heart

For trap *Go for these 5*

They are:
Imperial Order <-- Life payment is an option not a must!
Torrential Tribute
Mirror Force
Call of the Haunted
Ring of Destruction

Don't tell me that cards like Raigeki and Harpie's Feather Duster are hard to find! These above mentioned cards are quite necessary to most decks. And also in TCGs, you are expected to spend a lot if you really want to go for a decent deck!

DarkTemplarZ
19th January 2004, 11:27 AM
Don't really bother getting Mirror Force, Magic Cylinder, or Torrential Tribute unless you really want to. They're tough to get, cost a lot, and Waboku is better than all 3 and it's in every starter deck I think.

Yatagarasu, well, it's not really a staple, if u have a hand distruption deck it's good, but otherwise don't bother with it, it's an extremely popular English secret rare, meaning that if you want to get it it will cost you bigtime.

As for magic, Dark Hole is another staple, so's Heavy Storm and 3 Mystical Space Typhoons. I personally would reccomend Book of the Sun AKA Book of Taiyou, it lets you abuse your flip effect monsters badly.