PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kart DD matches

GreenShirT
19th January 2004, 08:27 AM
Mysefl and Suzie are going to buy broadband adaptors for our GC's next time we ar ein town so we can beat all you little punks at Double Dash. So do any of you have the adaptors and fancy an *** whooping over the net?
If enough people have them we can have a tournament of some sort :}

Razola
19th January 2004, 10:56 AM
I forgot to bring mine back with me to school (I have regular LAN games in my dorm), but I should have it in March when I come back to school after Spring Break.

Yoh Asakura
19th January 2004, 04:04 PM
Ahahaha!! you beat me No not quite lolz

What have you finished with?
Finished every track with Max points. ((With the exception of Mirror Mode last race... fecking Rainbow Road -_- came second...))

Anywho, do you live in England? If so i'll pick myself up an adapter lolz

Mikey
19th January 2004, 10:06 PM
I'll be sure to pick up a broadband adapter too so I can play a game of kill Suzie and Si!;)

Little_Pikachu
20th January 2004, 01:14 PM
Last night we were so drunk we could hardly sit up but we still managed to complete an all cup tour 150cc with max points...

We await your demise... uh, challenge :P

GreenShirT
20th January 2004, 01:16 PM
She speaks the truth, and yeah we both live in England.
I am the king of Rainbow road, fear me or suffer my wrath! (END TAUNTING)

Yoh Asakura
20th January 2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by GreenShirT

She speaks the truth, and yeah we both live in England.
I am the king of Rainbow road, fear me or suffer my wrath! (END TAUNTING)

Bleh, I totally suck at Rainbow Road =\ maybe it's because I never break X)

Razola
20th January 2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Little_Pikachu
Last night we were so drunk we could hardly sit up but we still managed to complete an all cup tour 150cc with max points...

We await your demise... uh, challenge :P
I find this to be a matter of luck in some cases...I was playing one race on 150cc and I was way in the lead until I was hit by three blue shells in one lap. Allowed the guy behind to catch up at the last second and win.

This is more of a rant at my extreme hatred of the blue spikey. Very few items can deal with it (I did manage to mini-boost away from it once though) and those items you rarely get while in 1st place. The blue shell should never have been this power (unlike the one in 64, which is more like a red shell) and so hard to deal with.

Man...I wish I had my modem...everyone I know hates to race on Rainbow Road and I love it.

Yoh Asakura
21st January 2004, 03:09 PM
Hmm I've read on GameFAQ's that you can avoid the Blue Shell by doing a "Sharp Turn", yet the amount of times I've tried this and never been able to actually pull the move off makes me think it's not possible.

Craig
22nd January 2004, 12:37 PM
I think they mean a sharp turn around something, like a corner.

Anyways, you don't really have to break in rainbow road, just on that really sharp turn, let off the gas a little bit and SKID

Yoh Asakura
22nd January 2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Craig
I think they mean a sharp turn around something, like a corner.

Anyways, you don't really have to break in rainbow road, just on that really sharp turn, let off the gas a little bit and SKID

Third turn I think you mean, sharp to the right with no barrier just before a boost, The exact same turn I always SKID off lolz.

The Muffin Man
22nd January 2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Raz
I find this to be a matter of luck in some cases...I was playing one race on 150cc and I was way in the lead until I was hit by three blue shells in one lap. Allowed the guy behind to catch up at the last second and win.

This is more of a rant at my extreme hatred of the blue spikey. Very few items can deal with it (I did manage to mini-boost away from it once though) and those items you rarely get while in 1st place. The blue shell should never have been this power (unlike the one in 64, which is more like a red shell) and so hard to deal with.

Man...I wish I had my modem...everyone I know hates to race on Rainbow Road and I love it.

True story. And loudest profanity in a school ever.

My friend was JUST behind my. I noticed out of the corner of my eye, a blue shell. He was taunting me with it until Lap 3. He fired the shell, and I slammed on my breaks. JUST as the Shell neared my bumper, he tore ahead and picked up another 1st place player.

I never thought that word could hold the U so long...

Caz129
22nd January 2004, 03:45 PM
What I think is dumb is if you fire a blue shell while in first place, you hit yourself... I think it should hit 2nd place or something..

My favorite track is Baby Park. No complications, just powersliding and items.

Little_Pikachu
24th January 2004, 11:53 AM
I have avoided the blue shell before via a sharp turn, there is a great deal of luck and skill involved in it, maybe a bit of panic too :)