PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] rmt

Lugia's_Master
19th January 2004, 10:43 AM
This is an ingame team that i'm trying to modify to be, well, good. Advice would be much appreciated.

Dragonite

Ice Beam
Fly
Thunderbolt
Body Slam

Starmie

Surf
Ice Beam
Psychic
Recover

Sandslash

Earthquake
Toxic
Rock Slide
Slash

Arcanine

Dig
Flamethrower
Substitute
Hyper Beam

Jolteon

Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Pin Missile
Body Slam

Venusaur

Razor Leaf
Sleep Powder
Growth
Body Slam

bme
19th January 2004, 11:06 AM
Sorry if this is brief, but I have to go soon.

Dragonite - ~Blizzard~Hyper Beam/filler~Fire Blast~Thunderwave

Starmie - Ice Beam/Surf~Minimize/Thunderwave~Recover~Thunderbolt

Sandslash - ~Body Slam~Earthquake~Rock Slide~Substitute

Arcanine - ~Body Slam~Fire Blast~Hyper Beam~Substitute

Jolteon - ~Focus Energy~Reflect/filler~Thunderbolt~Thunderwave

Venusaur - ~Body Slam~Leech Seed/Sleep Powder~Razor Leaf~Swords Dance

:wave:

Charizard04621
19th January 2004, 11:37 AM
Dragonite - Don't start with this; save Dragonite for finishing off things later. It's especially nice when things are all paralyzed and stuff. Fly is unnecessary and a waste of space on Dragonite... Upgrade Ice Beam to Blizzard. You could put Substitute/Thunder Wave in Fly's slot... Or Hyper Beam if you want. You don't need to recharge if you OHKO.

Starmie - STAB moves on Starmie are not needed in RBY... Stick on Thunderbolt and Thunder Wave. Blizzard is more powerful for Starmie's non-STAB attack, but Ice Beam may help in pp wars...

Sandslash - Toxic is bad because there are no Trapping moves in RBY; people can switch out of any of your attacks... Swords Dance is nice on Sandslash... Slash with CHes has 140 base power. Earthquake has 150 due to STAB. Swords Dance over Slash is good... You could put Substitute or Sand Attack over Toxic. Sandslash is most effective when everything on the opposing team is paralyzed.

Arcanine - Dig sucks. It gives the opponent a free switch. Put Body Slam over it. Fire Blast is an option over Flamethrower. Arky's Special isn't that great, and seriously, is it really going to last long enough for the extra pp to matter? If you're not comfortable with the accuracy difference, though, you could stick with Flamethrower. You can start with Arcanine.

Jolteon - Pin Missile is useless, especially on Jolteon, who has absolutely no Attack power. I like Jolteon as an annoyer, with Sand Attack over Pin Missile and Substitute over Body Slam. I haven't calculated, but I estimate that Thunderbolt against Grass types should do just about as much damage as Body Slam would... And you really shouldn't be fighting Ground types, period.

Venusaur - Growth is useless if you have Razor Leaf. You have two options. Sleep Powder/Mega Drain/Growth/Double-Edge (I love this set; PX made it) or the old standard Swords Dance/Sleep Power/Razor Leaf/Body Slam. Either sets are good.

Overall your team is quite balanced... But I would be more comfortable if I had a high Special Psychic type (not Starmie) with Psychic. It is God in RBY.

Prodigy
19th January 2004, 01:53 PM
Keep in mind that this is an in-game team when you rate it. The normal rules don't really apply here.

Venusaur is fine but doesn't need Growth with Razor Leaf. Stick something over that, Swords Dance is good. Jolteon.. this thing only needs T-Bolt and T-Wave. Nothing else matters, seriously. Still, Body Slam and Pin Missile you won't find very useful. You might like Double Team here, and Thunder could be fun for a little extra punch if you're feeling lucky. Arcanine, Starmie, Sandslash, and Dragonite are alright. If you like Alakazam and your heart isn't set on your current selections, definitely make room for it.

Remember that if you're only going to be using this in-game, don't spend too much time worrying about perfecting it. In-game trainers will quickly fall before your superior might unless you don't bother to train or have no idea what you're doing.