PDA

View Full Version : Scan-Man and Barcode Boy!

soggy_cardboard
20th January 2004, 08:37 PM
Chapter #1 - Origins.

"...another evil plot folied again by everyone's favourite superhero - Gligar-Man!" the television anncounced.

"I'm Gligar-Man! Eat laser vision bad guy! My brother, Tazu said, with a scrunched up face, and his sprial eyes squinting in my direction.

"Gligar-Man doesn't have laser vision.." I said correcting him, "He uses skill instead of just having 'superpowers' " I continued, while gesturing quote marks with my fingers. I knew a lot about our cities' very own superhero.

"Superpowers are real!" Tazu shouted.
"Are not!" I called back.
"ARE TOO!"
"ARE NOT!"
"Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmm!!!" Tazu called out. Mum looked back at us around the door from the kitchen.
"What is it now?" she sighed.
"Superpowers are real, eh mum?" hinted Tazu.
"We'll, You never know." she said, not quite taking sides.
"Seee?" Tazu said, as he closed his eyes, and poked his tongue out at me. "Hey, cool, Cifford The Big Red Poochyena is on!"
"Oh, crap. I'm late for work!" I yelled.
"Haha, hate to be you." Tazu said smartly with a big grin on his face.
"Haha, hate to have no money" I called back. Tazu's went from a big grin, to a little pout in seconds. Mum threw me my carkeys, I grabbed my cellphone and wallet, and ran out to the car.

I nearly tripped over running down the stairs. With to time to waste, I hopped my cool red Mini, and turned on the ignition. The music blasted my ears. It was up so loud from the last time I drove home. I turned it off, then reversed out into the street, nearly hitting the kerb. I changed to 1st gear, and pushed the accelerator down flat. Loose gravel sprayed up from the back tires, making noise as it hit the garage door, and I sped off onto the main street.

As I got to the highway, I was stuck behind a slow moving bus, it was going slower than buses usually do. It was a long white bus, with a personalised plate saying: "BUSTOR1" I assumed it meant "bus tour 1" but wasn't exactly sure. There were some kids in the back seat making faces at me, an Elekid, a magby, and two twins, a Plusle and a Minun. I just ignored them.

When we got to the passing lane, I sped up, and overtook the long white bus. I slowed down to get around a corner and accelerated coming out. I looked out, and saw something - the maximum security prison. It was a dark blue colour, but some of the paint has started to peel off one corner. I couldn't take my eyes off it. There was something about the intimidating size that kept my eyes locked on it. I slowly began to drift off the road.

*SMASH!*
"Psssssh!" The air-bag knocked me into the back of my seat.
"Huh?!" I said, feeling a little dazed.
"Hey dude! You better watch where your going, you coulda hurt yourself," I looked up. There was the biggest Aggron I had ever seen. "Are you OK dude?" he asked.
"Er...i think so..." I replied. "Did I hit you?"
"Ya, but no prob lil dude, just a scratch. Norgga's the name, and surfin's the game."
"You can really surf?" I asked.
"Heh, sure can lil dude."
"But I thought ground types were kinda 'allergic' to water...?"
"Haha, not me dude, I was brought up around the ocean, I've built up an immunity to it." he explained.
I was amazed that an Aggron could surf, especially one that was the height of a small skyscaper.
"Woah, cool" I said in ore of this surfing giant. That must come in handy during battles."
"Nah man, fighting's not my thing, I just ride the waves dude." He lifted me and my mini up to his eyeline."Woah, rock on, you're a Spinda?"
"Er...yeah, so?"
"Woah, I had this killer surfing buddy, back in Hawiwii, he was a Spinda too man, and he was the most rocking surfing legend there ever was dude!"
"Well, where is he now?" I questioned.
"I dunno man, one day he went out surfing and never came back, ya know?. The surfing comps where bogus without him man, I tell ya..."
"I'm sorry", I consoled.
"Nah, dont be lil dude, I'm sure where ever he is, he'll be riding the waves man."

We heard a slight rumling sound coming from a small white building opposite opposite the prison. Suddenly, it exploded! The sound was deafening. A murky-green coloured gas quickly radiated out from the epicenter of the once standing building. The explosion half destroyed the so called "Maxium Security Prison" across the road, and the gas followed. We tried to run, but the gas consumed us, I coughed trying to breathe, Norgga just stood there as if nothing had happened.

When the gas cleared, I asked Norgga why he wasn't coughing, yelling over the prison's alarm.
"Heh, another advantage of being me dude, I'm part steel-type, so I'm immune to all posions, he said as he tapped himself on the chest. "Are you OK dude?" he asked.
"Yeah, I think so" I said, coughing half way through my sentence.
"We better get outa here man, there are some bad eggs, at that place" he said, pointing towards the prison.
"Don't worry, I'm sure Gligar-Man will make short work on the jailbreakers." I replied. "Can you take me into town?"
"No prob, lil man" he said, lifting me onto his shoulder.
"Can we hurry? On top of all this, I'm late for work..." Norgga smiled, and bounded towards town, with me clinging on with dear life.
"I might just make it to work on time for once..." I thought to myself.

DannyBoy
21st January 2004, 03:18 PM
This seemed interesting. I love that the pokemon replace humans! The beginning makes me wonder who the bad guys are and more about this Gliger Man. I was surprised on how fast you got this posted. Didn't expect it. There were some spelling errors and a few grammer errors. You said anncounced instead of announced. You said Cifford instead of Clifford. But all of them could be easily fixed by spell check on word. in the beginning, you started with quotes but never ended it. I think after the comma you meant to put them. I am going to stop here and sorry if it was a little brutal. I just want ytou to do a good job but its only the beginning and I bet it will be good. Keep it up!

soggy_cardboard
21st January 2004, 11:13 PM
hehe, yeah, my microsoft word, kinda doesn't open anymore...:rolleyes:

So..i kinda did a quick job on notepad, then went back through it, and changed some, that would explain most of it...

hopefully i can get it running before i write the next chapter ^^;