PDA

View Full Version : Where Do The Specials Fit In? (may contain *SPOILERS*)

Psyduck UK
10th January 2003, 09:58 AM
Hi!

i was just wondering if any of you could tell mw about the 3 specials that have aired:

the one about brock's family
the one at cerulean gym
the one at oaks lab

1.are they the only 3 new specials or are there more?
2.what intros do they have
3.which AG episode comes before/after them (as im making an episode list you see!)

thanks!

Jon UKX
10th January 2003, 02:43 PM
I think the specials are like a spin-off to the show concentrating on the minor characters more,
Oh by the way you forget about The Team Rocket special(I think it's an special but I could be wrong), but on a note of specials do you think they will do a Yuuki special?

AKA Pokemon Fan
10th January 2003, 06:13 PM
Given what I've read I would think these "specials" occur in-between the episode before and after them, or during the episode before or after them. They most definately don't take place far in the past or future.

Chris 2.1
11th January 2003, 11:34 AM
Ok, here goes. I know of three Specials:

Brock! Save Pewter Gym!
Cerulean Gym! Revenge Battle!
Epic Battle at Oak's lab!

I think that they are designed (or written) to be put in ANYWHERE, rather like the x-mas specials...although they went wrong with Charmander in...x_x;;

they may work like this...

-- Brock! Save Pewter Gym! --
277 A New Land! A New Adventure!
-- Cerulean Gym! Revenge battle! --
278 Ancient Pokémon and the Mysterious Team!
279 Touka Gym! VS Yarukimono
280 Great Danger! Capture in Touka Forest!
281 Jiguzaguma! Haruka's First Battle!
282 Team Rocket! Goodbye to Fury Swipes!!
-- Epic Battle at Oak's lab! --
283 Treecko's Forest! Protect the Big Tree!
284 Habuneeku vs. Treecko! Strike Of Death!
285 Mystery of the Kinokoko Mansion!
286 The Great Pelipaa Show!

Hey, is 284 the ep where Jesse gets Habuneeku? i presume so, hence the name :P, but i thought Jesse might make her catch in an ep before they battled. I guess Jesse catches the thing, and then battles Treecko. Maybe Jesse gets it because it reminds her of Arbok...

Psyduck UK
12th January 2003, 05:35 AM
thanks guys!!

great to see that Cassidy and Butch are back in the Epic Battle At Oak's lab eppy!!!

Serebii of SPP
12th January 2003, 05:58 AM
Well the Brock and The Misty ones are set between Johto and Houen. The Team Rocket and Oak ones however arent. The TR one is set just before Brock comes back and the Oak one we arent sure of yet

Psyduck UK
12th January 2003, 11:42 AM
what?!!!!
i thought the oak's lab one WAS the one with cassidy and bucth in??
but ur saying theres another TR one!!! tell me more.....

PS-whens ur site gonna be back serebii?

Serebii of SPP
12th January 2003, 01:07 PM
Oak's one is the one with B&C in

theres another one with J&J in

S4: Brock! Save Pewter Gym! - Set just after 276
S5: Revenge Match at Cerulean Gym! - Set Just After 276
S6: Tough Battle! Enter Team Rocket! - Set Before 280
S7: Epic Battle at Oak's Lab! - Still a Mystery

Psyduck UK
12th January 2003, 03:33 PM
thanks serebii!!

i got confused, becuase Japan showed the specials on a Tuesday and the normal episode for that week on a Thursday!!
so it's bit confusing!
but i've put the Brock and Misty ones after A parting with pikachu and before the 1st Houen episode!

Hanada Tattsu
12th January 2003, 03:38 PM
Yeah, Serebii's exactly right.

What's confusing is that Rocketto-Dan have their own special while they are still main characters in the show. I guess TV Tokyo's testing how weekly specials with them will do if they leave and are replaced with Magma-Dan or Aqua-Dan.

It's just a rumor.

BTW, PsyduckUK, do you remember me from Serebii.net? :wave:
I was Tattsu116.

Psyduck UK
12th January 2003, 03:48 PM
yes i remember you!!!:wave:

ps-i doubt if TR will leave-they're BIG in Japan!

Hanada Tattsu
12th January 2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Psyduck UK
yes i remember you!!!:wave:

ps-i doubt if TR will leave-they're BIG in Japan!

I know, I don't want them to leave either, but you know the writers, who will jump at a chance to change anything.

Heck, Kasumi was pretty big in Japan, but she's gone. I dunno. I hope they don't.

Psyduck UK
13th January 2003, 08:40 AM
i dunno-if they were replacesd by TA or TM or B&C i wouldnt mind!

T M Pikachu
20th January 2003, 02:30 PM
I would mind. Why can't they keep Jessie and James but also put in TM and TA. You know have all three teams trying to get Pikachu.

What are the specials about anyways?

Dr_Omicron
21st January 2003, 01:18 AM
Well, the Dragonball Z Movies really didn't have anything to do with the actual series. None of the 13 could have possibly existed, since the fighters were busy handling Frieza/Cell/Buu to be taking on Turles/Brolly/Janemba. None of them are to be taken seriously; I think these specials follow the same case.

AKA Pokemon Fan
22nd January 2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Dr_Omicron
Well, the Dragonball Z Movies really didn't have anything to do with the actual series. None of the 13 could have possibly existed, since the fighters were busy handling Frieza/Cell/Buu to be taking on Turles/Brolly/Janemba. None of them are to be taken seriously; I think these specials follow the same case.
Why on Earth would you say that?:confused: :confused: There are massive plot inconsistencies between all but the first Dragonball movies but very few to none exist in the movies and specials AFAIK. The Brock special in particular can't be seen as anything but a part of the continuity, as it explains why Brock left Pewter again and also why he only has Forretress with him.