PDA

View Full Version : The Fanfic Summaries Thread!

Chris 2.1
21st January 2004, 01:53 PM
Hey y'all, here's the thread for people who, like me, just want the jist of most fics, to a) blatantly advertise their fic and B) gain new readers by tantalising their tasteful minds with a small summary of their fanfic. Nothing extensive, just enough to make us go 'oooh, i wanna read that!' etc etc. So, begin!

Dragonfree
21st January 2004, 02:15 PM
Sounds like fun.

The Quest for the Legends: In a world called Ouen, twenty-seven years after the boy by the name of Ash Ketchum started his pokémon journey, there was another boy called Mark Greenlet. He lived in a tiny little town in the northwest corner of Ouen, and there unfortunately weren't any pokémon around there. His parents wouldn't let him get a pokémon from another town, either. Basically, he thought he'd be stuck in that hole forever, but after a fateful night when an abandoned Charmander stumbled upon the town, things started happening, and Mark gets involved into the strongest legendary pokémon's big plot to save the world. But his pokémon have some most interesting background stories that get seriously involved with the plot. The question is: Is it really possible to go out and capture fifteen super-powerful pokémon while the timer to the end of the world is ticking?

The Type Chart: What if this world is an illusion? What if we all turn out to actually be creatures we all know and love? What if humans have been holding you enslaved for battery powers, making you believe you are them? What if your fate depends on one person? What if that person is a total loser? What if it all actually turns out to be one big chunk of craziness that actually makes sense, has a plot but will make you laugh all the same?

I love this.;)

DannyBoy
21st January 2004, 03:02 PM
Cool topic B.C

South Pacific

When a young boy's father gets killed by a mysterious group called Eevee right after he gets started in the South Pacific Tournament. He sets off to reach his goal like his father wanted and revenge his father’s death and find out who killed his parents. Follow Justin and his best friend Jen as they go on and try and make it. Will they? Read to find out.

Mysteries That Await

When a gym leader named Dan gets a letter from the pokemon league which should have reached him days before, he starts to get a little suspicious. Something wrong has happened with the Elite Four and comrades. Dan leaves his gym to find out what happens. Along the way, he meets a strange girl who challenged him the day before he left. She soon starts to become a large mystery within a mystery. Is she a friend or foe? What happened to the elite four? Read and find out!

Both links in sig.

Captain Pringle
21st January 2004, 03:35 PM
Welcome to TPM, may I take your order?

Hi, can I get a number 1 combo with a Sprite?

Ok, one standard trainer fic, medium fries, and... is Sierra Mist ok?

Yeah. And can you hold the lettuce, onions, Pikachu, broken alarm clock, and all traces of normal human civilization?

Thanks.

The Emerald League (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19256)
Serving you a new chapter every few months since 2001.™

The Decapitated Mole
21st January 2004, 05:05 PM
First of all - I would like to apologize for posting here, but you know I can't resist shameless advertising. Anywho...

---How would you like it if your mom went insane and planted stolen goods on you, forcing you to run away from home? How about having a level 2 Pichu as your starting Pokémon? Having to blow up Gyms to get badges because you have no actual skills? What about having a retarded semi-rival named Fred or having everyone beating you up and stealing your ca$h and stuff all the time? Well, if you take all those things, compact them into a person, toss them into a parody about a strange Japanese video game, and burn the parody about the strange Japanese video game, you'll come out with something that resembles The [mis]Adventures of Hiro!!! (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21366) [I know, the name kinda sucks, but it was my first fic, ok?]

o_0
jimm

Mikey
21st January 2004, 08:11 PM
The Lord of the Pokemasters
Have you ever wondered what Lord of the Rings would be like if it had some of the screwed up members of TPM staring in it? While nows your chance to find out as this parody tale unfolds. It follows the exact plots of the movies but has its own unique style and sense of humor. Join Mikey Baggins as he travels to Mt. Ummmm to destroy the one forum. Watch Suziemon and her ***** Hunter plot to overthrow Middle Net. Laugh as the scizophrenic autism child Bjarni, and fall in love with Mikagorn, Kylegolas, and Nateli as they save Middle Net while making you laugh. :)

Search for Knowledge: A Champion's Story
Join Mike and his friends Amanda and Jeff as they travel the Hoenn Archipelago in hopes of making it to the Hoenn League. Watch as Mike's brother falls slowly into the ranks of Team Rocket and learn the secret behind the 3 team's plot as Mike tries to become a champion. P.S- Laugh your *** off at the hilarious antics of Jeff.;)

Mewfour
21st January 2004, 08:51 PM
Rumble of the Robot Masters

Bomb Man. Flame Man. Gemini Man, Heat Man, Star Man, and Slash Man are just a few of the 81 battle-hardened robots ready to tear each other the pieces in the ultra-violent robot deathmatch tournament called the Wreckoning. Megaman, Protoman and Roll take a backseat and color commentate to the worldwide audience as the two-on-two slagfests wreak high havoc, all competing for the ultimate prize...... a single date with Roll! Link and plug-pitch is in the sig.

Edit:

And what the hell. While on the fandom of Megaman....

Megaman Reborn (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23710)

Even after the collapse of Neo-Arcadia, humans and Reploids are quickly at each other's throats again, this time with the Virtuloids, a new breed of Reploid, driving humanity into hiding. Facing certain death, a small band of humans resort to a desperate, last-ditch effort to fight back: Recovering the corpse of a long-dead man and rebuilding him as a human-robot hybrid. Taking the name "Rock," the reborn Megaman boldly attacks Virtuloid strongholds. With nothing more than an arm cannon and pure courage, Rock must fight his way through hundereds of Virtuloid defenses and penetrate their ranks if humanity is to survive.....

Iveechan
22nd January 2004, 05:41 AM
Argh... I can't type out a decent summary.

Join Champ, the fun-loving Hitmonchan who is being manipulated by his trainer, Rick, to be a ruthless killer. There's some nifty fight scenes, lovingly (aw) described emotions, and somebody cried when they read this. Like teared up. And another person was scared. So if weeping and getting scared sound like thrill rides to you, then read "Guilty by Design". Heck, I got scared when re-reading a chapter.

Chris 2.1
22nd January 2004, 01:04 PM
Monica's Revolution

"When one is danger, A god is born. Situations of need are often aided by unnatural abilities that warp reality in a number of ways. As time presses on, those abilities are nurtured time and time again, until an adept is born"

Monica has now returned from Altonia and is back home. Now, however, she is weighed down by homework; friend Nat pines for duels to sharpen her sword skills, and Serena just wants peace. Soon, however, they meet the exact opposite.

A raven arrives bearing a note to Monica. Monica reads it and discovers she has been challanged by a girl named Lusaka-Lae to a duel at the Lavender Cave. Monica goes there.

Everything turns ugly. After duelling with Lusaka, the lady soon ensnares Nat in strange energy and forces her into a purply portal she creates. Lusaka pushes Nat in and follows. Monica, Serena and her boyfriend Al go after.

Monica wakes up, in the middle of nowhere. No Nat, No Lusaka...No hope?

CharizardILG27
12th February 2004, 06:45 PM
Beyond the Obvious

Upon the Whirl Islands lives a tale that is always remembered. The tale of an underwater world, which inhabits Pokemon of all kinds. Albert Henington, his family, and his crew join together and journey to try and find this world.

And even if they make it, will they be able to survive the beast that lurks inside?

Join them as they travel the land, encounter thieves, discover clues, as they try to find the Underwater World.

Beyond the Obvious

Coming Monday, Feb. 16!

P.S
Not a trainer fic :P

And also, coming in a few months...

The Knowledge of War

In the year of 1295, in the great land of Zeercon pronounced (Z + ear + con :P) note this is not on Earth, it is another world that is just like Earth, only this takes place in the old times.

Two 13 year olds, a boy Kylen, and a girl Narko, find themselves in the middle of a huge war brewing between two of the greatest empires on Zeercon! And it all happened, just because of Kylen and Narko, wandering out into the open, and discovering a huge secret of the empire Lepton, which creates a huge spark between them and Dall. Find out what happens, in a few months, as I start to write this fic! It is a non-pokemon fic by the way.

Charizard of Shadow
22nd February 2004, 02:43 PM
Here's mine.

In December of the year 1 IU, four eyes will open…

…to a world with new leaders…

…new threats…

…and new limitations.

In a world ready for international peace, the only ones standing in the way, are the only ones who are correct…

…the only ones who know the truth.

The world's former heroes are now wanted criminals, and the greatest hero of all, the world champion trainer Red is nowhere to be found…

Now, Red's daughter Enya must take the incredible risk of joining up with the Union Resistance… who may just be wrong about the frauds behind the IUA.

Once a normal teenage girl, Enya is now faced with new trials, and incredible yet painful abilities.

The International Union Association of the Union Resistance… which side are you on?

Yeah, I know, it was really corney. But heck, it was the best my mind could come up with.

DannyBoy
24th February 2004, 03:42 PM
:My Immortal by Evenescence starts playing:

The story of a 15 year old girl who runs away from the terror of her father to Kanto. She starts out by meeting a young gentleman named Conner who tags along with her as she starts out as a trainer in the updated version of Kanto. As she goes along, her past starts to unfold as her memorys haunt her as something un-expected might happen...

This is a PG like fix due to child abuse, sposal abuse, and mild language.

Mancetric_Trainer
25th February 2004, 04:51 AM
Summary of ---Is it destiny?--

When news of a strange virus that turns once innocent calm pokemon into vicious uncontrolable like zombies spreads across the region it strikes fear into once-safe pokemon communties. When Flick, a timid torchic, Rotaz a "speical" spinda that thinks it's a poochyena and Noch, a cocky poochyena with a attitude mysterousily pass through time after a field-trip they soon find themsevles in there infected community. After escaping they are soon vistied by a mysterious light that bestows upon them the mission of retriving a cure to save the region. Now they set off on a dangerous mission through the infected region to save themsevles there community and maybe even the world.

Summary of --Ruby & Sapphire:Twin Legends--

Dave and Daylena are fraternal twins with two diffrent personalties who set off late on there pokemon journey. After coming upon Plusle and Minun as there starters after certain circumstances they soon realize the life of a pokemon trainer isn't a easy one. After meeting Jo, a unusal trainer that wishes to become a powerful flying pokemon trainer they contiune there quest for badges. But soon Jo isn't what she seems and they trainers soon get into alot of trouble after meeting three triplets on a mission to obtain three powerful pokemon, with the help of Jo.

Mewfour
1st March 2004, 11:46 AM
BLOODY SWORD: 3050 A.D. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6545)
Genre: Action/Sci-Fi/Angst
Rating: R (Language, brutal gore, angst)
----
Year 3050, 50 years after the conclusion of a global nuclear war has left the Earth decimated, throwing humanity back into a neo-medieval twilight era. What is left of the countries of the North American continent have split apart, with what used to be Canada seperated into Kanadiam and Ranadiam. Trav Orriss, prince of Kanadiam, is driven out of his homeland with army general Tike Mallar and servant Rixie Rezze after Trav's own Ranadian cousin, Ryle Orriss, leads the Ranadian army to victory after a surprise attack on Kanadiam. Ryle's generals are stationed all over the continent, and he has assigned them to hunt down and kill Trav before he, Tike, and Rixie can rally enough military support from neighboring nations to overthrow Ranadiam's expanding empire. It's a tale of love and hate, of healing and suffering, and of stability and insanity. The future is unfriendly...

Rambunctious Jamirus
8th March 2004, 02:13 PM
I love blatantly advertisement.

When the Time Calls for It

Six friends from Japan, an American girl, a foul tempered half human, and a feared ghost ruler all have to go to school...wait a moment! School?
Not any school though, it's *dramatic music* Hogwarts!
Yes, ladies, gentlemen, and everything inbetween, it's another crossover...though it's not just one crossover, it's a whole mess of them! Who will survive? Why say American? Which friends are they? Why is there a cat demon gnawing on my hand? Who knows!

Zokushi: Across the Golden Sea

When you get accused of assault and armed robbery in the Gethi region, what happens?
Getting kicked out of town.
Zokushi is accused of such crimes and kicked out of town with a wild Pokemon known as a Roolaze. The two have to survive the desert also called the Golden Sea and they have to survive what challenges that arise. And beat the Gym Leaders.
What new Pokemon appear in this barren wasteland and why is the sun the king of the desert? Find out!

*both links in sigs*

Darien Shields
13th March 2004, 09:37 AM
I'm awake, I'm awake...
Oh, right, yeah, advertising, shameless. Perfect, I have no shame ^_^

Pokemon Kami (Will link when can.)

A Trainer fic de-railed into a romance of sorts, somewhere along the lines (although the readers probably didn't notice.) May Lon is a teenage girl on a remote island, who dreams of being a pokemon breeder, but is so isolated that getting a pokemon is beyond her. However, a fateful encounter one day prompts May to delve into her mysterious past, and start a trainer journey with a pokemon she never knew she had, with an armada of "bad guys" hot on her tails. Will May succeed in her dream of becoming a pokemon breeder, or be shot down along the way? Or will she discover that there's more to life than what she set out to achieve? Only one way to find out... REPLY! I mean... Read, read and find out. Also Reply, or else the bunny gets it.

Damian Silverblade
14th March 2004, 04:06 AM
The Blood Tamers

Ten years after Yoshi (Kenta) and Ash began their respective journeys, Giovanni was caught and executed for his criminal activities. Within days, Team Rocket retaliated by the atrocious murder of Lorelei, the elite four member after learning of league involvement in Giovanni's death...

The death of Lorelei plunged the whole of Kanto and Johto in a war the like of which it had never seen before, pitting the League and trainers against Team Rocket. Now the war is finally drawing to a close, but even as it is, new menaces rise - not the least of which is the resentment of the citizens of Kanto, victim of Rocket terror for eight years as the price of the trainers' war.

Soon the trainers will find themselves fighting not for vengeance or pride, but for the very survival of their art and sport...

(Part 1of a 2-fic series, the second part of which is titled "The Last Wolves").

Whisper in the Wind
14th March 2004, 03:27 PM
Title: The Power Within
Rating: R - I'm glad I done this for safety since Chapter 8 begins very Gorey & ends sort of Gorey
Genre: Pokemon fanfic, Action, Adventure, little bit of Romance thrown in later.
Setting: Hoenn Region [With a few new features added]
Other: Uses stuff from our world and Pokeworld [eg KFC & Pokeblocks or 999 (English) = Police]

An unusal Pokemon Gym fic with a dark side to it. A 15 year old finally released from his dad's grasp finds himself i nthe world of Pokemon with Plenty of company. Not entirely predictable (Some stuff has even caught me by suprise & made me change my future plans).

YES I SUCK AT SUMMARIES

DannyBoy
28th March 2004, 03:13 PM
Never is a Promise

[i]Never is a Promise is a story about a mother and son who move into this mysterious house. It opens up with a woman getting murdered and talking about this shadow will never kill anyone ever again.

After the mother named Kelly and you son Derek enter the house, mysterious things begin to happen and after they move in more and more things they can not explain happen.

That spoils a little but it is going to be very creepy and different. It will not be as bloody as House of Hush 1 & 2 but it has its scary parts. It is a Horror/Thriller type fic and I hope you all enjoy. It is rated R for the safe side even if I might change to PG-13 because it might not be as bad as I think it will be with blood but its a safe bet. Link in sig if your interested!

Team Rocket's Lugia
28th March 2004, 07:04 PM
The night darkness arises! Team Rocket's revenge. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24972)

PG13, not journey. After being locked in jail for 10 years, Giovanni found the world had changed alot. For one, mewtwos had the same rights as humans. As the newly reformed T eam Rocket is begginning to gain power, Giovanni, who had changed his name, and Acciaio, a cyborg Mewtwo, with some help from others tries to disban Team Rocket. (Not by going on a journey).
Some guest star appearences (current and future) are:
Acciaio from Weak Might
Scott from legends of Hoenn (on SPP)
Jason Creight from Against all odds*
Bryce from TEL*
Ishamel from Pokemonese*

(*will not appear until after chapter 3)

So read it NOW! Action! Plot! and a litttle bit of humor thrown in!
If you read, reply! I even appriciate critisement.

Dark Sage
28th March 2004, 07:25 PM
Here's my latest:

Yu-Gi-Oh Junior: City of Souls

A sequel to my mega-popular "Yu-Gi-Oh Junior: Legacy of the Duelist" (which will eventually be archived), this story takes place one year later.

Yugi Muto Jr., along with his sweetheart Mary Wheeler and their friends Clive and Peter thought that they were only heading for a week of fun and excitement when New York City was hosting the Annual Duel Monsters Convention.

But now it seems that their ordeal in Anastasia's Duelist's Labyrinth has attracted attention from more dark forces from the past, and they learn too late that an evil creature has set a grand trap to power a diabolical goal.

Now, Yugi, Mary, Peter, and Clive are trapped in a nightmarish City of Souls, where the only way out is to duel in mortal combat with a series of madmen. With few allies, and enemies waiting at every thoughofare, it will take all the dueling skills they need to make it to the top, and confront the ultimate evil that lurks above them.

It's all happening in Yu-Gi-Oh Junior: City of Souls.

- Venusaur