PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] I need some guidence on this team.

Jahmbi Reborn
21st January 2004, 08:51 PM
I am planning on making a yellow team but I've only come up with 4 pokemon. Can someone rate what I have and fill in the spaces? Any advice would be appriciated. These are in no particular order. Thanks in advance.

Hypno

Psychic
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Body Slam

Starmie

Psychic
Surf
Thunder wave
Recover

Charizard

Flamthrower
Earthquake
Swords Dance
Slash

Dragonite

Surf
Fire Blast
Thunder Wave
Hyper Beam

Prodigy
21st January 2004, 09:15 PM
Is this a team for use against in-game trainers or human opponents?

Bob54321
22nd January 2004, 06:14 AM
Slash and Swords Dance don't o together in RBY world. The boost from SD is not included if you get a CH. Give Body Slam instead.

Got a psychic hypno so put thunder bolt on Starmie.

Get rid of surf and fire blast on Dragonite. Try Blizzard/Icebeam and thunderbolt. More useful

For the others try Primeape and Tauros (coz they are my favourites :) )

Jahmbi Reborn
23rd January 2004, 03:10 PM
This would be an in-game team.

Prodigy
23rd January 2004, 03:52 PM
Well..

Hypno, Starmie, and Charizard will be fine. Swords Dance will only power up Earthquake because Slash always critical hits, so you might want to ditch one or the other.. if you get rid of Slash you can put Body Slam there. If you lose Swords Dance, you can really put whatever you want here. You might actually want Fire Blast for extra fire PP and some added power against tougher opponents.

About Dragonite, you don't really need Surf if you have Starmie and you don't really need Fire Blast if you have Charizard, so get rid of both moves. Ice Beam and Thunderbolt are nice choices, and Body Slam will let you take advantage of Dragonite's awesome attack with something more reliable (and with more PP) than Hyper Beam. You'll have to ditch either Thunder Wave or Hyper Beam to get all of them in, though.. I'd get rid of Hyper Beam but you might feel differently.

You're running kind of special-heavy, so get some physical attackers for the last two slots. I'd recommend a Normal and a Ground.. Tauros, Snorlax, and Persian are all excellent Normal types. Rhydon is probably the best Ground type if you want something that can absorb Normal attacks, and it has huge attack so it'll deal massive damage, particularly with Earthquake and Rock Slide. Golem is also good, with a little more speed than Rhydon, though it's still really slow and it has less attack. Its main selling point is Explosion, which I don't like as an in-game move but maybe you would.. if you carry a lot of Revives you can Explode over and over, though I don't think Golem would get experience for those kills. Sandslash is a solid choice, and you might like Dugtrio.. no defense and moderate attack but great speed. If you like one-hit KO moves like Fissure, Dugtrio will be a good fit.