PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers about Skitty, Verdanturf, and today's ep!

Zak
22nd January 2004, 04:20 PM
Well, today's ep in Japan "Skitty and Delcatty! Enter the Legendary Coordinator" aired. Haven't seen it yet, but I'll tell you what I know.

-They did *NOT* get to Verdanturf Town yet. This is kinda a foreshadowing filler on the way, except it's not really a filler ;)

-Ash and co meet the Legendary Coordinator Ayane and her Delcatty, who can use powerful attacks like Solar Beam, Bubblebeam, Blizzard...

-May's Skitty learns Blizzard with the help of Delcatty!

-May intends to use Skitty this time in the contest, instead of Beautifly. Especially since she's got Blizzard on her ^_^

There may be more stuff I missed, but this is what I could interpret. I'll have a summary up soon.

~Zak

RJdude
22nd January 2004, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the info, Zak.

Hmm... Skitty knowing Blizzard, that's pretty good, especially considering Skitty hasn't been around for that long. I wonder how Skitty'll do in the contest... and who it'll face. The preview for "Enter the Phantom Masked Coordinator" shows a Dusclops... wonder if it'll be facing that.

Pewter City Geodude
22nd January 2004, 08:03 PM
May's Skitty learns Blizzard...wow. There's an oddball attack for a main character's Pokemon. Coolness.

BTW, are you sure that was Bubblebeam, Zak? Skitty can't learn it in the games. Here's a list of all the special-type damaging attacks Skitty learns:

Faint Attack
Water Pulse
Hidden Power (depending)
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Solarbeam
Thunderbolt
Thunder
Shock Wave

Light_Togetic
22nd January 2004, 09:20 PM
Cool, Blizzard is one of my favorite attacks! I like Ice-type stuff. ^^

They needed to give Skitty some decent attacks besides Doubleslap and Assist. I'm assuming that Skitty learns it a bit like Pikachu learned Iron Tail. That seems to be the anime's way of 'teaching TM's'.

Good for Skitty. It deserves it.

Animelee
23rd January 2004, 12:43 AM
I really thought that Eneko/Skitty was an idiot, but after seeing it in this episode, it seems like she's just an energetic Pokemon with a VERY short attention span. :o

It also seems we may have a new super-strong villain/trainer on our hands... He owns an incredible Flygon, that's all we know.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nikku-San
23rd January 2004, 02:54 AM
Oh, new villain, cool! And wow, Skitty learning Blizzard is a major shock. Looks like we'll be seeing her in battle a lot more. Oh, and now that I know how contests work, I wonder what Skitty is going to do with her Blizzard to impress the judges?

Gravy
23rd January 2004, 04:33 AM
Ahh, so thats how they're going to get it into the contests. Blech, knew Assist wouldn't be reliable enough for her to use. Much to random IMO. Thats the reason I expected her to use Beautifly again, seeing as she knows how to utilise its attacks properly.

Blizzard...now that was unexpected, ne? I didn't even know it could learn Blizzard up until now @_@ It doesn't seem like Skitty has any difficulty learning new attacks either. Just look at how long it took Treecko and Pikachu to master their TM moves.

Chris 2.1
23rd January 2004, 10:50 AM
It looks like a bubblebeam! I hate how bubble/bubblebeam/bullet seed/ember are all the same sorta attack...I mean Blizzard is a great attack to learn, and its amazing to have such a powerful attack on such a petite Pokemon, but Nevermind, It's GOOD NEWS!

I think Skitty will kinda manipulate the blizzard around its tail while it stands on its head :-s dunno why.

Light_Togetic
23rd January 2004, 12:13 PM
That villain has hair shaped like Lance. Just an observation. ^-^

What role did he play anyway? Was he just mentioned/told in a story?

Why can't there be more evil women?? I wanna see some tough chick be evil once in a while. Oh well, I guess it just goes to prove that men truly are the evil ones. :P

Hikaru
23rd January 2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Brit Chris
It looks like a bubblebeam! I hate how bubble/bubblebeam/bullet seed/ember are all the same sorta attack...

Bubble = Squirtle vs. Machamp in the first movie
Bubblebeam = Suicune in 4th Intro
Bullet Seed = Various Treecko uses
Ember by Torchic

Bubble looks nothing like the other three.

Ember is little flames, bubblebeam is little bubbles, and bullet seed is little "seeds" of grass energy, ne?

Pewter City Geodude
23rd January 2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic
What role did he play anyway? Was he just mentioned/told in a story?

Lance? He was a major factor in the whole Red Gyarados saga in Master Quest. He ended up capturing it. Don't you remember?

Heh, the silhouette also strongly reminds me of Ben Dickson from Robotech: The Macross Saga. :P

Light_Togetic
23rd January 2004, 12:32 PM
No no no! Not Lance! Of course I remember him! XD I meant the 'villain' that Animelee was mentioning. Sorry for the confusion. ^^;

Rei_Zero
23rd January 2004, 06:28 PM
My guess is that the girl met Lance, and maybe Lance and her are rivals or something, because that person behind the background looks awfully like Lance, and Lance is a dragon pokemon trainer.

Animelee
23rd January 2004, 06:57 PM
That guy was a bit too ruthless, though. His Flygon used Outrage, knocked Johnny (the Eneko/Skitty) off of a cliff, and didn't bother to help Ayame or Johnny. :o

Pewter City Geodude
23rd January 2004, 06:59 PM
Sure it wasn't Dragon Claw? Flygon can't learn Outrage.

Animelee
23rd January 2004, 07:02 PM
Whoops.

It was some kind of beam-from-the-mouth attack. It was orange, so I'm sure it's not Hyper Beam. Dragon Claw would require it to use its claws, too. And Dragonbreath is green, so, I dunno. :O

Probably Hyper Beam, since it's the last move it learns.

Pewter City Geodude
23rd January 2004, 08:00 PM
Hmmm...Flygon can learn Solarbeam but that's usually a different color, mostly white. Hyper Beam is also mostly white AFAIK. Dragonbreath is green too, judging from what Clair's Gyarados used...still, my best guess is either Solarbeam or Hidden Power. I'm pretty sure we've seen one or two different versions of Hidden Power, so it's possible.

AKA Pokemon Fan
24th January 2004, 11:31 PM
Really? From serebii's screenshots tt looked like Flamethrower to me (an attack Flygon can learn). It certainly isn't Hyper Beam as a Flygon in the sixth movie uses that and it looks substantially smoother and more like a typical Hyper Beam.

Solarbeam is almost pure white light typically.

Pewter City Geodude
25th January 2004, 12:23 AM
Now that I've seen the episode in question, the attack seemed quite clearly to be a Flamethrower.