PDA

View Full Version : A Gamble that proves right~ [YGO]

Dark-San
24th January 2004, 08:36 AM
Lately around my area is celebrating Chinese New Year. The shopkeeper decides to organise one bif tournament! The winner walks away with a PS2 and a original game! Well I was kinda shocked at first as you see he charged S$5 *US$2.94* for each participant and there is only some 20 odd players playing! So that means US$3 multiply by 20 equals to US$60/- Well how on earth would he earn from those US$60? Even a PS2 would cost US$150/- right? Let alone with another additional original game~ Man!

I also participated in the tournament~ I took a gamble by playing without Jinzo and Chaos Soldier. This is my first time, I played my Chaos Deck without these big two. I took Dark Templarz's advice and went for a MOBC and took out Jinzo. I removed Soldier for a Magician of Faith and Scapegoat for Wabuko.

CNY winning tournament deck:

Creatures [14]
Tribe Infecting Virus
Sinister Serpent
Witch of Black Forest
Magic Warrior - Breaker
Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
Magical Scientist
DD Warrior Lady [2]
Magician of Faith
Blade Knight
Black Magician of Chaos
Chaos Emperor Dragon
Yata Garasu
Fiber Jar

Traps [7]
Wabuko
Mirror Force
Torrential Tribute
Imperial Order
Call of the Haunted
Ring of Destruction
Sixth Sense

Magics [19]
Pot of Greed
Graceful Charity
Mirage of Nightmare
Painful Choice
MST [3]
Heavy Storm
Harpie's Feather Duster
Change of Heart
Snatch Steal
Nobleman of Crossout
Raigeki
Dark Hole
Confiscation
Delinquint Duo
Forceful Sentry
Monster Reborn
Premature Burial

Side deck [15]
Blade Knight
Cyber Jar
Wabuko [2]
Nobleman of Crossout
Jinzo
Chaos Soldier
Scapegoat
DD Warrior Lady
Spirt Reaper [3]
DDV [2]
Sankan

Fusion Pile
Red Crimson Bird [3]
Dark Baltar the Terrible [3]
Thousand Eyes Restrict [3]
Ryu Senshi aka Counter Trap man [2]
Dark Flare Knight [2]
Musician King [2]

Yup if you guys hav looked closely, my side deck consists of DDV elements. Three Reapers and Sankan! I didn't put in Cyber again~ Well same reason my opponent would hav lots of hand advantage if I've used it and all the Hand 'D' cards I've used will be in vain!

I do considered myself a bit luckly taking into account that most of the turns, I always got the right cards at the right time~ Well who could blame me right? :D

DarkTemplarZ
24th January 2004, 07:39 PM
I don't really like Reaper for DDV, I prefer Devil's Sanctuary cuz u don't have to waste your summon for the turn and ur opponent wouldn't dare attack it, otherwise they'd lose a ****load of LP.

14 monsters is kinda pushing it, most people set the minimum # of monsters for a normal-sized deck at about 16. I'd side-deck NoC and Snatch Steal and throw in 2 Reapers and a Blade Knight, so u have a nice 17-17-7 deck. Looks pretty nice tho

Last Exile
25th January 2004, 02:37 AM
Is Don Zaloog no longer good? Geez, after I finally got 2!

Hmm, maybe I do know now what to kick out for when the Chaos Monsters hit English.

Hmm, so the chaos magician is better than the soldier know? And you did it without Jinzo? Hmmm, interesting.

Ah heck, without Blade Knight, English chaos decks are screwed against the Asian ones. Hurry up Upperdeck and release the new starters and promos! Slate Warrior (aka Newt) should have been out by now! And where the hell is Sixth Sense gonna be found in English?! Ah, Upperdeck doesn't have a clue!

PS. Notice you're watching Scrapped Princess. ;) Very nice anime, it is! Let me know what you think of it. And I'm gonna need some deck advice myself again, so could you check my new topic and figure out how I can make a decent chaos deck despite so many essential cards being missing, because I'm stumped.

And be glad you're in tournies with that many people. The ones I'm in rarely hit double figures. *sigh*

Dark-San
25th January 2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Citrus Crush Chikorita
PS. Notice you're watching Scrapped Princess. ;) Very nice anime, it is! Let me know what you think of it. And I'm gonna need some deck advice myself again, so could you check my new topic and figure out how I can make a decent chaos deck despite so many essential cards being missing, because I'm stumped.

And be glad you're in tournies with that many people. The ones I'm in rarely hit double figures. *sigh*

Yupz I'm watching Scrapped Princess now~ All I know now is that the princess' name is call Pacifica and one of her guardians got this help from this spellcaster's name whose name started with Z~

Anywayz our tournament here also rarely hits double figure too. This 20 plus ppl joining the tournament is a new record! Well wat do you expect? This tournament involves a PS2 and I think in next month or so, the shopkeeper should be putting up a X box and be sure I will be there too lolz...

Last Exile
26th January 2004, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Darkyouth
Yupz I'm watching Scrapped Princess now~ All I know now is that the princess' name is call Pacifica and one of her guardians got this help from this spellcaster's name whose name started with Z~

Anywayz our tournament here also rarely hits double figure too. This 20 plus ppl joining the tournament is a new record! Well wat do you expect? This tournament involves a PS2 and I think in next month or so, the shopkeeper should be putting up a X box and be sure I will be there too lolz...

Her name is Zephilis. Her true identity gets revealed a few episodes later. She's a very important character with a fairly unique aspect. Her story is quite tragic once you find out her past. The action hots up in the next few episodes, so be careful for the next few. You have to understand Episodes 11 and 12 in order to make sense of this series.

Well, we had 8 people at our tourney today. And coming 2nd today has shown me Dony's fragility - he dies too easily. I really wanna switch to Chaos decks.

Oh, I dream of such a prize! I'm taken cards lately once I got sick of the rip-off system of packs. I've got hold of all the Secret Rares and Ultra rares in the booster series this way. I guess I'll take those Fusions now this way. But I wish we had prizes like yours! I dream of them! THAT would draw in more players for sure! Ah, if only Upperdeck Australia would reply to ANY of our emails! What a bunch of slackers!

PS> Have you found Last Exile yet? I wish I could mail it to you, but Madman released DVD 1 13 days ago, so I suspect it would be illegal to mail CDs of Last Exile now. *sigh* I really wanna help you out there, man. If it is legal, tell me how.

The Muffin Man
26th January 2004, 08:03 AM
I really wanna switch to Chaos decks.

Statements like this annoy me.

Dark-San
26th January 2004, 04:58 PM
Not so sure either~ But I've to wait and see whether the anime does get released into Singapore here... Still havn't got that anime yet. Looks like none of my friends got it either...

@TMM~ Well theres nothing annoying about Chaos decks...

The Muffin Man
27th January 2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Darkyouth
Not so sure either~ But I've to wait and see whether the anime does get released into Singapore here... Still havn't got that anime yet. Looks like none of my friends got it either...

@TMM~ Well theres nothing annoying about Chaos decks...
Because you use one. Besides, it's people who state that one or two english versions of a card will be the ONLY way they'll EVER play. I seem to recall hearing people at my local tourney shop saying "When Dream Clown comes out, I'm only playing that!" or "When this arch-type is useable I am using it."

Be ORIGINAL. I play a Dream Clown deck. I have not yet lost. It IS stoppable, but it's a very fun deck to play. I don't lock my opponent down to stop them from drawing, I stop them from ATTACKING with a wall of Magic and Trap cards, as well as walls to keep them from getting through to my LP, which requires alot of strategy and thinking to keep my wall up just long enough so they can't get through, while I destroy their monsters and move in. Even if they use Serpent, I RARELY have just a Dream Clown out on the field.

*thinks*hmm...Maybe a Magic Reflecter to keep my cards safe...

Mew Master
27th January 2004, 12:22 PM
That's something that's annoyed me as well.

People are playing with only certian Monsters Magics and Traps and taking most of the surprises out of the game by only decking the"Staples" and rarely using any variaty.

Personally I run a Dragon Deck. It's a step up from the original but still far from being unbeaten.

Now, Darkyouth... you have to tell me....

What on earth is the anime that the pic in your sig is from. It's been bugging me for the past month! O.o!

~Mew Master

The Muffin Man
27th January 2004, 02:43 PM
I think it's from an anime called "Kiddy Grade", if I remember correctly.

Although how someone like that "Eclaire" girl is in an anime with KIDDY in the name is beyond me ;)

Dark-San
29th January 2004, 08:13 AM
@TMM~ Original? Well my trademark deck is stilll Gliford the Lightning if you ask me. I still run a fun Gliford deck running Klasier Seahorse and Venus from the 308 Series.

However my competitive deck is still Chaos. Its speed and power is nothing compared to other decks. I never leave out Chaos. And do trust me when the Chaos Series is out for the English Metagame. Many ppl will begin to abuse CED, CS and BMOC like there is no tommorow. For tournament, I would only go for efficiency.

Being original in tournaments will never help you to win them. According to my statistics and observations from last year's national tournament,

All 8 in the ppl would make it to the quarters runs SS in their deck.

7 out of 8 ppl who make it to the quarters all run Chaos in their deck. The odd one out is running a trampled deck which got knocked out by me lolz...

Those 7 who make it there all runs CED. Around 3 include CS and the rest would include both CS and BMOC.

Those qualified for the semis would run at least one D Warrior Lady.

My competitor in the final runs around 2 to 3 Sixth Sense. While I myself run only 1.

See, theres the facts. This is the domination of Chaos has on the national tournament here.

@Mew Master~ Its from the anime 'Kiddy Grade' Nothing about it seems bothersome.

Mew Master
29th January 2004, 09:54 AM
Darkyouth: It's bothersome because I've seen the pic and have been curious for a while now.

Honestly. Certian Decks winning Tournies... that's just sad in my opinion. Now with the Chaos Monsters about to be released, the game will show more ppl using.

The game has become more about speed and winning than just having fun and creating interesting decks. Like mine.

Theme decks are fun to build and fun to run.

I'm just sad that most of the fun of the game has been replaced by winning and not having fun. (I know winning is fun, but is it fun when you take interesting cards out of your deck for others that are stapled in every deck)

Actually I'm starting to get interested into Kage-Style Decks. Decks where the Restricted/Limited cards are forbiden. It actually may take out at least 14 cards in my current deck, but it does make for interesting duels, to say the least.

~Mew Master

Dark-San
29th January 2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Mew Master
Darkyouth: It's bothersome because I've seen the pic and have been curious for a while now.

The game has become more about speed and winning than just having fun and creating interesting decks. Like mine.

~Mew Master

Well~ I can switched to a different character if you want too lolz...

Anywayz the comments you made about today's tournament is just right~ This game is becoming more of speed and winning rather than having fun. Orginality had been down the drain a long time ago...

Mew Master
29th January 2004, 07:38 PM
Hey, now who says I didn't like the character?

:p