PDA

View Full Version : Three new AG titles

Zak
24th January 2004, 09:55 AM
339(AG63): Solrock and Lombre! Legend of the Holy Forest!

340(AG64): The Sky of Swablu! Spirit of May!

341(AG65): The Great Battle of the Repelling Gulpin! (I think)

Discuss.

~Zak

Mikey
24th January 2004, 09:59 AM
Wow, none of these sound like fillers to me. Here is what seems to be happening.

1. Possibly an evolution of Brock's Lotad?

2. May catches a Swablu?

3. James finally gets the Gulpin he so deserves?

I hope all three of my assumptions are correct!

Chris 2.1
24th January 2004, 01:09 PM
1) Weird how Solrock and Lombre are in this, not Solrock and Lunatone! I reckon an evolution for Brock, seeing as he needs a new update in his team

2) I did, at first, think that May wouldnt catch Swablu because she's only just got Skitty and Skitty's the focus for the contest in Verdanturf, but now I realise that episode is over, I'm pretty convinced.

3) Filler, IMHO. I doubt James catches it, or anybody else. It's all about a Repelling stratergy.

RJdude
24th January 2004, 02:30 PM
Thanks, Zak.

Anyway, Mikey, don't count on it all. I higher doubt they'll put three episodes where a Pokeon is captured or evolved back-to-back-to-back (although it would be nice... very anti-johto)

But the most likey is probably May catching Swablu. It's very "her", and if she evolved it, it would be awesome (but I doubt it would evolve since Wynonna's main Pokemon is an Altaria... although Ash did cath Torkoal two episodes after the battle with Flannery, so...). James catching Gulpin would be nice, but I don't think they'll evolve Lotad... although Brock having a Lombre wuld be cool, it would take away from its personality.

Well, there's my two cents.

Kojiro
24th January 2004, 03:15 PM
Well.....

Ash cuaght Corphish, then in the next epi Wurple both evolved, then Brock got Mudkip.

So Lombre, Gulpin, and Swablu are likely!

Pewter City Geodude
24th January 2004, 03:46 PM
Quite exciting. I was gonna reply to this on Bulbagarden but the server suddenly decided to quit working. :rolleyes: I think Swablu totally fits May. :) I also think Lombre could still have Lotad's personality. Lotad is one of those Pokes where evolving wouldn't necessarily change its personality, considering the look of Lombre and especially Ludicolo. :)

Chris 2.1
24th January 2004, 03:47 PM
Good point, Kojiro, I guess we'd better not be too negative about it.

Anyway, I think Lombre is very like Lotad in personality; it looks kinda stupid. I'd like to see it, myself.

Gravy
24th January 2004, 05:39 PM
Solrock and Lombre! Legend of the Holy Forest!
Ahh, a Lombre episode it seems. Well, I'm hoping on Lotad evolving, seeing as Ludicolo is one of my favourite pokémon. But Biased-ness aside, I think they'd attempt to evolve in here anyway. To my understanding Ludicolo is quite a popular pokémon in the east.
If Lotad did evolve, I could see the resulting Lombre being slow and somewhat dimwitted also. But, I can't see Ludicolo like that at all, its one of those pokémon that is always hyper and dancing around....although that doesn't stop it from being dimwitted :P

The Sky of Swablu! Spirit of Haruka!
Heh, she's not long caught Skitty and it seems Haruka could possibly have another pokémon to capture. If so, a lot of people will have guessed her team perfectly. If she does catch it, I'm not going to be all that thrilled. They never give any of the flying pokes a decent role in the animé, and I doubt it would be any different if she caught the cotton winged budgie *shrugs*

The Great Battle of the Repelling Gulpin!
Oh...um..Gulpin. Yay? Couldn't care less about Gulpin to be perfectly honest. I agree with Brit Chris on this one, all I can see is a filler. Doubt James will catch the thing.

Animelee
24th January 2004, 07:04 PM
I'm bettin' all of you guys that Takeshi/Brock's Hasubo/Lotad will evolve, and then Haruka/May will catch Tylto/Swablu, and then Kojiro/James may catch a Gucklin/Gulpin. :o

So much stuff is happening in the future of Pokemon! OH YEAH! *Heavymetal head-banging* I'd going to stop now, because I'm going to get excited and type crazy garbage!!!!!H!!H!!

Pewter City Geodude
24th January 2004, 07:12 PM
Nobody's mentioned Solrock at all...what do you guys think the odds are of Ash catching it? It'd make a perfect #6 to his team, since as of yet he has nothing that knows Rock or Psychic attacks.

Animelee
24th January 2004, 08:57 PM
Wow, you have a point. I dunno, though, I have a feeling he'll get an Anopoth/Anorith, since it's the only Bug-type in Hoenn they haven't seen. He always manages to get a Bug-type in every new region he visits; Caterpie for Kanto and Heracross for Johto. Since he seems to be following suite with the Electric, Normal/Flying, Grass, Water, and Fire types, I dunno.

I kind of hope he does get Solrock and 'poth/'rith, 'cause the more Pokemon, the better. :D

Pewter City Geodude
24th January 2004, 09:10 PM
I seriously doubt Anorith (or Cradily for that matter) will be caught by anyone, since fossil Pokemon were always treated with the attitude of "it's best to leave them in the wild, it's where they've been for thousands of years and where they belong". (Sorry I couldn't think of a better way to word that.) But then again it's my traditional idea against your traditional idea, so one of them has got to be broken. :P And then again (again...heh), we did specifically see the machine in the Devon building that resurrects Pokemon from fossils, as opposed to its counterpart in Kanto which was never even touched on in the anime, so ya never know.

Andrew
24th January 2004, 10:32 PM
Wow, seems interesting.

- Well I think its unlikely but possible Lotad may evolve. I can only think of Brock and Lotad being seperated from the group, persued by Solrock and at the end, Legend is fulfilled and Lotad stays to protect them or it evolves.

- Swablu is a great fit for May, and if she doesnt' capture it, it'll be quite sad.

- Unlikely James capture but possible. Absolute filler.

Rei_Zero
24th January 2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Pewter City Geodude
I seriously doubt Anorith (or Cradily for that matter) will be caught by anyone, since fossil Pokemon were always treated with the attitude of "it's best to leave them in the wild, it's where they've been for thousands of years and where they belong". (Sorry I couldn't think of a better way to word that.) But then again it's my traditional idea against your traditional idea, so one of them has got to be broken. :P And then again (again...heh), we did specifically see the machine in the Devon building that resurrects Pokemon from fossils, as opposed to its counterpart in Kanto which was never even touched on in the anime, so ya never know.
Remember that machine in Devon Corp.? I have a very odd feeling as to why they put so much focus on the machine, like what it's supposed to do and how it's supposed to do it. Also, President Stone seems very keen on finishing the developement on this particular machine, and if anything, the group may have to go past Rustboro again. Of course, this would require a fossil, and the gang have yet to find one....

Pewter City Geodude
25th January 2004, 12:27 AM
Yeah I mentioned the machine....and that's true about the fossil, they've already passed the desert area (that's where the Misty two-parter took place I think).

Jamesology101
25th January 2004, 05:10 AM
Let's hope Brock's Lotad actually evolves, and it's not another cop-out like that recent Delcatty episode. I can't see Ash getting a Solrock - they don't seem to like Psychic attacks much in the anime, and doesn't it also use Fire attacks? He already has Torkoal for those.

Yay Swablu! I really want May to catch it, although if she does I can't really ever see it evolving - like Blaziken, Altaria is just too powerful for her.

341(AG65): The Great Battle of the Repelling Gulpin!
I really hope this is a filler with no captures in it - James, whatever you do, resist its siren call! Gulpin is cute, but Swalot is uglee, and I don't want it anywhere near Team Rocket. I also think he's unlikely to get it ... Gulpin and Swalot are both kind of slow little creatures, they can't exactly jump around a lot or anything, so I can't see them being taken on board as regular Rocket Pokemon. But, if he does get it, I hope it and Cacnea never evolve.

Nikku-San
25th January 2004, 05:43 AM
My guess is the gang accidentally intrudes upon a holy forest guarded by Solrock. Somehow, Lotad ends up evolving to save them.

Hmmm... She could catch one... or maybe she won't. Either way, there's gonna be a lot of fluffy scenes with May in this one. :P

Gulpin would not fit James at all... Maybe Ash helps a trainer with a Gulpin form a strategy to use against a tougher Pokemon, using similar tactics as his Muk in the Indigo League...

Chris 2.1
25th January 2004, 10:28 AM
Does Gulpin have a specific Move or Characteristic which repels? Maybe it is simply a showcase for that. Oooh, maybe it uses Imprison, if it learns it :-s (Knows nothing on Ru/Sa)

EDIT: After looking at the AG opening/ending shot with the gangs Pokemon, that space above Brock is SO for Lombre :-p Just guessing. Swabu could fit somewhere, but IMO, It's like Beautifly, finding TR, perching on head etc.

Pewter City Geodude
25th January 2004, 12:15 PM
Well Gulpin's ability can be either Liquid Ooze or Sticky Hold....so hmmm...maybe this is a Gulpin that just stinks.... :P

Celebii
25th January 2004, 01:58 PM
Gulpin could be a funny pokemon for James. If it likes James a lot and tries to crawl on him, James would have an incredibly difficult time getting it off if Gulpin has the Sticky Hold ability. It would also be funny if it smelled bad as well.

JazzJazz
25th January 2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Brit Chris
EDIT: After looking at the AG opening/ending shot with the gangs Pokemon, that space above Brock is SO for Lombre :-p Just guessing. Swabu could fit somewhere, but IMO, It's like Beautifly, finding TR, perching on head etc.

I don't think gaps in that ending shot should be the base of any judgements concerning pokemon captures/evolutions/releases... look where they put torkoal, there was no gap at all!

Chris 2.1
25th January 2004, 03:24 PM
Im not solely judging it on that, I just saw Andrew's sig and it made me wonder.

Zak
26th January 2004, 02:28 AM
Thanks to Murg, got a final title for AG 65:

The Great Gulpin-Repelling Strategy!

Heh, this makes MUCH more sense, since Gulpin is sticky. This looks like a funny ep.

~Zak

Animelee
26th January 2004, 02:35 AM
Hmm, it has pouty lips, and it's sticky, so maybe some unlucky person, like Kojiro/James or Takeshi/Brock will have to keep away from one, or a group, of those Poke-stomachs, because they'll be tryin' to kiss those guys?

Wait, did that make sense?

Pewter City Geodude
26th January 2004, 02:55 AM
Maybe it'll have a similar plot to "Plant it Now...Diglett Later" but in this case they have to keep the Gulpin away from the town for some reason.

Light_Togetic
26th January 2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Animelee
Wait, did that make sense?

No. :P J/K Of course it did! ^^

Um, the first one; let's see... It could either be about Lotad evolving because of fighting/helping a Solrock, or it could be about a Lombre and Solrock, and Lotad doesn't evolve at all. Lotad will probably evolve. With May and Ash both getting new pokemon, Brock's team needs some upgrades.

May sure is catching a lot of pokemon! She barely has had time to showcase Skitty, and now Swablu comes along. Man, the writers are gonna start running out of personalities to give new pokemon soon! I like Swablu, and Altaria, and I have always thought that a Swablu would make a cute addition to May's team. I doubt she will use it to search for people like Taillow/Beautifly though, since the group already has those two. Maybe if something really important is missing though...

Hm... I actually think that Gulpin fits well with James. He needs a new pokemon; but the title just doesn't suggest anything besides some strategy. Perhaps James catches the Gulpin and Ash and co. have to find a way to repel it? I don't know. I sincerely hope it's funny though. Do you know how many of the Kanto episodes were funny? I'll just say lots. I miss that.