PDA

View Full Version : What is the best anime video game?

uz's return
24th January 2004, 11:26 AM
This isn't some dumb poll like i normaly start, I actually want to know so I can buy it. I've got DragonBall GT and Ultimate Battle, also Legacy of Goku 2. But they arn't that great, so what do u guys suggest? Don't put this in video games if u don't have to.

Little_Pikachu
24th January 2004, 11:49 AM
You obviously like Dragon Ball, so I suggest you get your hands on:

Legacy of Goku 2 (GBA) - Like LOG, but it covers the andriod/cell sagas and some of the History Of Trunks movie, you can choose from a variety of characters, Goku, Gohan, Piccolo, Trunks and Vegeta (also Mr.Satan is a hidden character), depending on which part of the story you're going through. This game kept me occupied for quite a while and it was great fun.

Budokai 2 (PS2) - If you like beat 'em ups, this one is great. The graphics are in anime style and you can pull off all sorts of great moves, including things like a super kamehameha which includes a power struggle! Further on in the game you can pull of fusions with a few characters. This game is a lot of fun, especially if you have someone to play against. The only down side is the story mode is a bit iffy, it doesn't really follow the DBZ story.

I don't know what other anime you might be interested so I can't really suggest much more.

Razola
24th January 2004, 12:12 PM
Do you mean games based on Animes or games that just use Anime-style graphics for character design? Because there's a lot of good Anime games but good ones based off popular Animes tend to be harder to find (mainly since they are made for a quick buck).

uz's return
24th January 2004, 03:47 PM
Is "Inu-yasha; a feudel fairytail" any good?

Razola
24th January 2004, 03:48 PM
According to this (http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/563546.asp), it's decent.

Darkiller
27th January 2004, 12:21 AM
For all you non-action gamers, check out Love Hina Advanced. It's a dating sim game, and has great graphics and music. The downside is, it's in japanese.

RedStarWarrior
27th January 2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Little_Pikachu
Budokai 2 (PS2) - If you like beat 'em ups, this one is great. The graphics are in anime style and you can pull off all sorts of great moves, including things like a super kamehameha which includes a power struggle! Further on in the game you can pull of fusions with a few characters. This game is a lot of fun, especially if you have someone to play against. The only down side is the story mode is a bit iffy, it doesn't really follow the DBZ story.

I second that game. Also, you may want to try out Final Fantasy X for the PS2. It is animésque and I rather enjoy it.

The Muffin Man
27th January 2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Darkiller
For all you non-action gamers, check out Love Hina Advanced. It's a dating sim game, and has great graphics and music. The downside is, it's in japanese.

A dating sim? Wouldn't that require alot of reading anyways? So that downside makes a huge difference.

DarkTemplarZ
27th January 2004, 05:27 PM
There don't seem to be many decent ones out there. Legacy of Goku II is probably the best. I wouldn't reccomend Budokai 2, it's short, easy, boring, and the gameplay is crap (same as the original ^_^). The Yu-Gi-Oh games are trash, way too easy and loaded with bugs, and *gasp* English names and rulings. I never played the Inuyasha game tho

Mew2-formally known as Evee67-
31st January 2004, 02:51 PM
some of those old Dragonball z fighting games for the SNES were good

EVme15
31st January 2004, 03:03 PM
"A Feudal Fairytale" is actually quite good.

It's got a neat battle system, the "Story Mode" isn't just fight... fight... fight... fight... it's got minigames and allies and all that other cool stuff. Plus, they're saying it's just coming out for America. It's been out, the version I have just has everyone speaking in Japanese. :D When all my friends come over I listen to the people speaking, that way it actually sounds like I understand it! ^^

Razola
1st February 2004, 01:13 AM
Apparently an Astro Boy game is being made via Sega. Sadly, it'll be based on the "New" adventures from Kids WB (some place channel like that) which means the story has a 95% chance of being absolute crap.

The Astro Boy for GBA is being done by Tresure, I believe. I normally can expect a solid game from them.