PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] Rate my team

Mitch's Bashamo
24th January 2004, 10:36 PM
It's been 5 years since I last played Pokemon Blue, finished it and then my saved game getting erased somehow so I have to start again. Anyway please rate the following and you can tell me to use different Pokemon:

Charizard
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Slash
Swords Dance

Slowbro
Surf
Psychic
Amnesia
Fire Blast

I will replace Fire Blast if I have to.

Jolteon
Thunderbolt
Thunderwave
Toxic
Double Kick

Double Kick is for Rock types or Ice types.

Dugtrio
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Toxic
Dig

I know what your thinking, I have 2 Ground moves but I have Dig so after I use Toxic I use Dig to prevent getting hit and as the battle goes Toxic will weaken the Pokemon until it faints :D :wave:

Parasect
Spore
Mega Drain
Leech Life?
???

Parasect is used for draining and sleeping purposes and then I might switch to Gengar so it can use Dream Eater.

Gengar
Psychic/Dream Eater
Confuse Ray
Thunderbolt/Ice Beam
Explosion

Gengar is my Special Sweeper and kills Parasect's Spore victims.

Prodigy
24th January 2004, 11:28 PM
It really does help if you specify whether you're running an in-game team or a link/PBS team.. while a lot of the same rules hold true, there are also some major differences.

Swords Dance on Charizard will only help Earthquake because Slash always critical hits. If you like Swords Dance, replace Slash with Body Slam, which would benefit.. you can also use it on switch-ins and try for paralysis. Against human opponents, Charizard is okay if you like him, and you might be able to scare off a starter Exeggutor or Jynx, but he's not top tier by any means. Fire isn't that great of a type, offensively or defensively.

The standard Slowbro build uses Thunder Wave and Rest over Psychic and Fire Blast.. you don't have to use that set if you don't want to, and some minor variations might throw off a human opponent expecting a Tobybro, but that's the Slowbro for a reason.

Jolteon.. bleh, Toxic sucks against human opponents and you'll usually kill in-game opponents before Toxic really amounts to anything. Also, you're using Thunder Wave, so why bother? Ditch it, take Sand-Attack or something over it. Also, Double Kick will do approximately nothing to anything. All ice-types except Jynx are weak against Thunderbolt, and Thunderbolt will hit her pretty hard anyway. Besides, Jolteon has no business trying to damage a Rhydon or whatever. Again, ditch it. Take Thunder instead and use it if you're feeling lucky. It's not like you're depriving Jolteon of anything by doubling up on damaging electric attacks.

Dugtrio.. Toxic still sucks. Dig is only worth using against in-game opponents, and even then only if you run out of Earthquakes or something. Slash is good. The essential move here, once you have Earthquake, is Fissure, which is the only real reason to use Dugtrio. Past that he's not that great. Get a Rhydon or a Golem if you want a Ground type.

Parasect.. decide now whether you want a physical- or special-based one, then take either Leech Life and Swords Dance or Mega Drain and Growth in addition to Spore and Substitute. But Parasect isn't very good either, he's too slow, and even though he can power them up, his attacking moves are terrible. Exeggutor would be better, or even Venusaur or Victreebel if you want a Grass-oriented Grass-type.

Gengar is a good choice, but I still haven't figured out what to give it.. some mix of Psychic, Mega Drain, Thunderbolt, Seismic Toss, Confuse Ray, Explosion, and Hypnosis. The exact moves are up to you, I guess. Unfortunately it can't learn Ice Beam, as it would be a much better Pokemon if it could. Also, Dream Eater is a good move in-game, but not against human opponents. It might work once, but only because most people already know it sucks.

*shrug*

Green_Pikachu
19th April 2004, 03:26 PM
Charizard
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Slash
Swords Dance

sd doesn't affect slash. so drop it for wing attack maybe? or rock slide?

Slowbro
Surf
Psychic
Amnesia
Fire Blast

[b]go with rest over fire blast. maybe t-wave over psychic/surf. i just turned it into a tobybro, haha, sorry.

Jolteon
Thunderbolt
Thunderwave
Toxic
Double Kick

toxic? blah. go with pin missile maybe? or substitute/agility. just don't use toxic.

Dugtrio
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Toxic
Dig

by your strategy i assume this is in-game. even so, i like substitute/fissure over toxic/dig. but use what you want to.

Parasect
Spore
Mega Drain
Leech Life?
???

leech life is fine. maybe swords dance to enhance leech life? if not....does it learn growth? probably not...meh, i dunno.

Gengar
Psychic/Dream Eater
Confuse Ray
Thunderbolt/Ice Beam
Explosion

[b]not bad. I would prefer going with psychic and thunderbolt. i don't really like the spore parasect --> dream eater gengar idea. of course, its in-game, so it's not like they're gonna be switching out. so, whatever