FusionSonicX
25th January 2004, 05:15 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Next Generation

by
FusionSonicX

Chapter One
When Destinies Collide

__________________________________________________ _____

“All right, First I’m will summon my Kuriboh to the field and place two more cards
facedown.” Rush Devlin said as he placed a Duel Monster card on the screen of his Duel
Disk and placing two more cards in the spell and trap card slots.

“A Kuriboh? That is so weak! But I guess it was the only move you could make.”
Crystal said laughing. She smiled and drew a card. “Well, I’ll sacrifice my two monster
cards to summon, Zoa(ATK 2600/DEF 1900)! In attack mode.”

“No way!” Rush cried. Terror was deep in his eyes. Or was it?

“I see the fear in you Rush! But, sense you played your Kuriboh in attack mode,
you will lose 2300 Lifepoints and that means you lose.” Crystal said. The large blue
monster, Zoa ran towards Kuriboh. It held out his arm and began to attack.

“Gotcha! You just activated my Trap Card, Negate Attack!” Rush said holding out
his palm as the card on the field flipped up and created swirls of energy in front of the fury
brown ball.

“What? How did that happen?” Crystal asked confused.

“I’m not even done yet! Rainbow Ark!” Another card flipped up as it shot out a
rainbow to Crystal. “Then, I will play this spell card, Brain Control! Come to me Zoa!”

“No! What are you going?” Crystal screamed.

“Zoa! Get on the rainbow and attack her Lifepoints directly!” Rush said pointing his
finger at Crystal. Zoa, the girls former monster, ran across the rainbow and claws Crystal as
her Lifepoints dropped to zero. The holograms disappeared.

Not to far from the dueling area, a long black limo sat in a parkway. A woman sat
in the back set looking out of her window. She smiled and turned to her servant.

“I want him in my tournament. His and his friends.” the woman said.

“Yes Miss Pegasus.” the guard said. He turned to get a notebook and he wrote the
information down.

“Soon, Rush, Soon we will meet.” the female Pegasus said. She laughed wickedly
as the limo drove off into the sun.

In was Friday, which ment the last day of school for two days. Rush sat it his desk
drawing a duel monster when he was suppose to be doing school work. He had been
drawing for an hour or more.

“Students of Roosevelt, I have an announcement. Will Rush Devlin, Angela Carson
and Dustin Baxter please come to my office. You have been invited to the Duel Monster
Tournament.” a voice from the intercom siad.The three 14-year-olds got up fromtheir seats
and walked to the principal’s office.

“I have called you here today to tell you that Miss Cupid Pegasus has invited you
to the new tournament. So, I am dismissing you from school today to go meet her at the
SIC Corporation.” Principal Randell said.

“Wow. Thanks sir.” Rush said.

“Yeah, but why?” Dustin asked.

“Well, Miss Pegasus has given us a lot of--”

“Don’t question the man! Let’s just go.” Angela said pulling Dustin by the arm. The
three left the building and went to the Dueling Company.

“Wow! Look how big this place is!” Dustin said with his mouth wide open.

“Yeah. Come on, Let’s check it out!” Rush yelled as he fell through the ground
somehow. Angela and Dustin also fell through it. Somehow.

When the three woke up, they were in a room full of computers. A woman with
silky golden hair flowing down to her waist. She was wearing a black dress with black high
heel boots and black gloves that went to her elbow. “Hello and welcome!”

“Huh? Where are we?” Angela asked.

“Well, you are at my company, SIC. And I want to tell you about my tournament.”
Cupid said.

“So, what about?” Rush asked.

“All right, all ears!”

“Okay!”

“As you know, you are here to learn about the new tournament. Well, first of all, It
will be held at an island not far from here. You will travel there by plane. I also suggest you
were some good shoes because you will be walking through out the island. Not very fun.

“But, you will duel with a new version of Duel Disk. The holograms will be alot
better than the first ones. You will start with 8000 Lifepoints and if you are attacked
directly, you will feel the pain. All duels will be recorded, so if you are cought cheating, you
are out of the tournament.

“On the island, are areas that can help your monsters. The areas are Forests,
Caves, graveyards, deserts, and almost anyplace else you can think of. They will give your
monsters a 30% boost of attack and defense points.”

“What’s 30% again” Dustin asked.

Cupid signed, “Ugh. Its 300 more points!”

“Oh.” Dustin said with his hand behind his head.

“You will also be collecting these Duel Gems. When you win a duel you will get the
number of Duel Gems that you wagered in the duel. Be careful, cause when you lose all of
your Gems you will be disqualified.”

“Sounds cool.” Rush said crossing his arms and siting back in a chair.

“Yes. It is.” Cupid Pegasus said, “Its in four weeks, so you have plenty of time to
prepare.”

>>To Be Continued...

Next Time: Duel at the School (Chapter 2)

A school, Rush finds the Millennium Puzzle in the bushes. The new teacher says it is his but
Rush doesn’t think so. A duel happens over the strange and mysterious item. Rush seems to
have the duel down, but does this teacher have something up his sleeve?

Shuppet Master
25th January 2004, 07:07 PM
This is a pretty good start to the fanfic. Although it seems that every Pegasus in it is female(I am guilty as charged,my Pegasus is a girl too ;o ). Oh,but the card you used,Rainbow Arch,is actually called "Rainbow Blessing",I saw the episode where Yami Yugi uses it.

By the way,is this sort of a rewrite of the series in a next-gen format? Just curious. I love all Yu-Gi-Oh fanfics! ^_^

FusionSonicX
25th January 2004, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the advice. This wasn't a very good chapter, but its only the first one. But, just wait, cuase in October of this year, Everything will change! Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!