View Full Version : If the internal battery dies...

Corasonn222
26th January 2004, 10:48 AM
...exactly on the day when you can buy carbos, etc. for the half price, does this mean you can allways get them cheaper after that?
I`m just asking because japanese people reported a while back that their internal battery died after a year and now I`m wondering what will happen to my cartridge on July 25(the european releasedate of RUSA).

HavoX
26th January 2004, 10:55 AM
Please be more specific. What is the internal battery for? http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/confused.gif

Corasonn222
26th January 2004, 11:00 AM
You know how time-based events happen like berry growth or when you can buy carbos and such for less, well without a built-in battery in the cartridge the clock in the game wouldn`t work. thats this battery for, you can see it in the cartridge.

Gralion
26th January 2004, 11:09 AM
The internal and SAve batterys only run dry if you dont play on the game for so long the Battery recharges when it is in the colsole (GBA/GBA SP) and the console it ON!

Hope this helps!

Corasonn222
26th January 2004, 11:16 AM
So does this mean I`m safe from July 25? Because many people in Japan reported that the clock in their carts stopped after one year, even Nintendo said that the carts had a problem with the battery. You could send in your game and they would repair it.

Puaru
26th January 2004, 12:23 PM
I heard that the battery reports from Japan were just rumors but then again what I heard could just be a rumor :confused:

Gralion
26th January 2004, 01:14 PM
I'ce had Ruby since last Easter and I havnt put it down that much so if it runs dry this easter I will Stab Nintendo till the are iripaibly stabbed...

Poryhedron
26th January 2004, 02:33 PM
The Year's End glitch is not the battery running dry. It's a problem with the clock's programming. It doesn't matter how often you play the game.

Puaru
26th January 2004, 02:37 PM
So it's like the Y2K bug then 0_0 weird.

Corasonn222
27th January 2004, 10:47 AM
I`ve heard a new rumor about this clock glitch. If you upload Jirachi from the Colloseum bonus disc (in Japan), it has a programming that can fix the glitch. But I Don`t think this is true...
BTW I heard this on gamefaqs

Saturos
27th January 2004, 04:19 PM
IT IS!!! I just made a new thread on this several minutes ago. It says so in this month's issue of Nintendo Power! Yes, the bug is fixable, by uploading Jirachi onto RS!

CathyC22
19th February 2004, 11:46 AM
I got this message straight from the Nintendo Customer Support Page. Here It Is:

Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire
"Internal battery has run dry" error message

This occurs when there is a problem with the internal battery of the Pokémon game pak that regulates the clock feature of the game. For the most part, other than a few minor events, this will not affect game play, nor will there be any loss of saved data. The save info is preserved in the game's memory chip, not the battery. To repair the issue, the game must be replaced, which will result in a loss of all of save data. If you are still concerned about this issue, and are interested in replacing the game, please call our Consumer Service Department at 1-800-255-3700.

Hope this helps everyone.

~Cat~

Don't Run With Scizors
19th February 2004, 02:16 PM
Well, since the Colosseum Bonus Disc and Fire Red\Leaf Green fixes the issue, having to replace your game is pretty moot.

rinku
19th February 2004, 07:18 PM
I think you guys are confusing the internal battery running dry (a hardware issue requiring a hardware solution) with the clock glitch (a software issue that can be repaired by a patch). Both have the same net effect (the clock doesn't work properly) but they are not related.

The battery does NOT run dry after 1 year.

Togetic
19th February 2004, 08:21 PM
Well this happened to me... I was playing my game and when I restarted I get this message:

"The Internal Battery has run dry, game play will continue, however, time based events will not occur."

I got my game March 18, and the problem took effect on February 17. So it wierd. My time is stuck on 6:39 P.M. I only received this message once, But I remember I used to get it everytime I turned on the game one my computer. I don't want to trade in my game. I have all 386 Pokémon on it. And the wierd thing is, it only occured on my Sapphire Version and not on my Ruby Version. How wierd is that?!

rinku
19th February 2004, 10:06 PM
Unlucky, but not weird. You have a hardware fault, not the 1 year clock bug. The cart is still in warranty, so they will repair/replace it, although if you have all 386 pokémon I suspect you may have voided your warranty by using a sharking device.

Actually, if you have used a sharking device it's probably what has stuffed your battery in the first place.

In any case, the only options are to play without a clock, or trade your good stuff to another cart and get them to repair it.

Animelee
19th February 2004, 10:47 PM
Did you happen to buy your game from eBay or a flea market? Is it used?

Don't Run With Scizors
19th February 2004, 11:20 PM
I think someone else on the board with a similar problem mentioned that they had received the same message when in reality all that was the problem was programming glitch with the clock. It was a while back, though.

Crazy
20th February 2004, 06:11 AM
Weird because me and my friend have had our R/S games for over a year and we have no time glitch or a internal battyery problem.

Togetic
20th February 2004, 11:30 AM
I doubt that sharking had anything to do with this... I sharked on my Ruby Version as well and this message didn't occur then... I reserved my Colosseum at KB Toys and I've bought all my Pokemon Games from there... I bought it new not used... But I have a question about the uploading Jirachi solution... When we do upload it, will we be able to reset the time on our clocks? My time is stuck on 6:39 P.M. So will I have to upload Jirachi at that exact time?

Gagome
20th February 2004, 03:00 PM
I have uploaded Jirachi and the screen on the GBA said something like "updating the berry programm" to fix this time glitch. But there was no way of setting the time.
My game had not yet the time glitch. So, I don't know if on your game you may have a chance to set the time because your game already has the time glitch.
Peronally I believe you should upload it at 6:39 PM to be sure the time is correct.