PDA

View Full Version : A question about Magical Scientist

SageofDarkness
27th January 2004, 02:50 AM
Darkyouth seems to be especially interested in using Magical Scientist to help counter his opponents strategies. I have been thinking about this in combanation with my own deck but I have a question first.
According to one of Darkyouth's posts, Black Flare Knight is the strongest (Lv. 6 -) monster that you can summon with Magical Scientist but I was looking at ZX Tank Cannon. I know it says:

"This monster can ONLY be summoned by removing..."

However in the same way Dark Balter the Terrible states that:

"This monster can ONLY be fusion summoned by..."

Does this negate Magical Scientist? I just wondered if I could use ZX Tank Cannon in combination with Magical Scientist or does the writing prevent this and if so then why can monsters such as Balter be used?

The Muffin Man
27th January 2004, 09:01 AM
If the card is a fusion lvl 6 or under, then it's ok. Unless it says "Can ONLY be Fusion summoned by fusing [monster a] and [monster b]" then you can't.

If it's not Fusion Summoned, like XYZ Dragon(you don't need them all out to summon it) then it can't be summoned since it doesn't have to be Fused.

SageofDarkness
27th January 2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
If the card is a fusion lvl 6 or under, then it's ok. Unless it says "Can ONLY be Fusion summoned by fusing [monster a] and [monster b]" then you can't.

But Dark Balter the Terrible says that he can only be fused and yet Darkyouth had him in one of his latest decks. Can I use ZX Tank Cannon or not... Soz

Yoh Asakura
27th January 2004, 12:59 PM
I've always thought you couldn't pull XY out due to it being a Special Fusion summon with specific requirments =x

The Muffin Man
27th January 2004, 02:19 PM
Like I said, if it says Only by fusing these certain cards, then it's not MS-able. It has to say it can only be summoned by combining the cards listed above somehow.