PDA

View Full Version : My theory about FR/LG breeding

Dark Sage
29th January 2004, 09:07 AM
Okay, here is a theory that just might be true... bear with me.

According to Serebii, in FR/LG you have to beat the Elite Four and get the National Pokedex before you can trade Ru/Sa pokemon into the game. Before that, no pokemon that did not exist in the original R/B/Y can exist in FR/LG. In fact, Golbat cannot evolve into Crobat, and Chansey cannot evolve into Blissey until you beat the Elite Four.

So then, I think the Breeding Center will not open until then as well. My reason for making that theory is sound. If a Breeding Center was opened before then, you could breed a Pikachu, Jigglypuff, or Jinx, (for instance), and it would produce a Pichu, Igglybuff, or Smoochum - and that would violate the rule! The "infant" pokemon were introduced in G/S/C, and thus cannot exist in this game until you beat the Elite Four!

It makes sense, doesn't it?

Thus, I believe breeding does exist in this game, you just have to wait a while to do it.

- Venusaur

SuperSonic
29th January 2004, 07:49 PM
In serebii's update today, it was said that there is a breeding center on one of the SEVEN mystery islands!

Razola
29th January 2004, 08:04 PM
I would have rather had a breeding center in Johto and seven islands for something cooler.

Dark Sage
29th January 2004, 08:20 PM
Yes, I saw that on Serebii's website.

Mystery solved.

There is also a dungeon full of Unown on one island, so that is taken care of.

Maybe even MORE islands will be discovered, one containing Lugia!

- Venusaur

Razola
29th January 2004, 08:34 PM
Keep in mind that Coleseum has a mini-RPG on it, so some pokemon might only be obtainable there (including some legendaries). I would expect a lot of the G/S/C pokemon that aren't in Ru/Sa and F/L to be in there.

Dark Sage
29th January 2004, 08:44 PM
MINI RPG?!

There's nothing "mini" about it. It's a full-blown adventure game.

However, here's some bad news. Yes, you can catch Johto nearly all Johto pokemon in the RPG (well, one evolution of each family line, rarely the first form), but you cannot trade them to any of the four GameBoy games until you finish the game (and heal them; all the pokemon that you can catch are corrupted by evil, and you must not only catch them, you must nurture them until the darkness leaves them).

Serebii's site has a full walkthrough.

- Venusaur

Kojiro
29th January 2004, 08:53 PM
But some Johto guys are in FR/LG, I saw a sentret on one of the islands on serebii, and people have been seing others pop up too!

Don't Run With Scizors
29th January 2004, 10:01 PM
I have more evidence in favor of the breeding-in-FRLG theory: The breeding moves are in the game data.

I opened up the game file in a hex editor and did a search for the hex string that lists Bagon's breeding moves: 38 00 25 00 52 00 EF 00 5D 01 BB 4F. It's in there.

EDIT: Eh, guess I didn't look at the above posts closely enough. But hey, a little extra reassurance can't hurt, right?