PDA

View Full Version : Fushigi Yûgi: Byakko Summoning: Starts! LSU's not needed, but accepted.

Shadow-Fox
11th January 2003, 02:21 PM
The setting in Ancient China.

The Western Country of Sairou is under attack by the Eastern Country of Kutô. Sairou, although grand, regal, and powerful, has seen many faults, and is slowly starting to crumple. It cannot risk a war against Kutô, but it is futile to try to make peace with them. It is believed that only the Priestess of Byakko can save Sairou. But the Priestess of Byakko has long since left. There is no hope for Sairou.

That was the belief.

One day, a girl in strange clothing appears. She claims to be from the Real World. The emperor finds her soon enough, and asks her to become the Byakko Priestess. For only those from another world can serve as the Priestess. And this girl is clearly from out of this world. The emperor explains: Summoning Byakko allows the person who summons the God to have three wishes. Anything she requests shall be granted. And the emperor would like nothing more than to save his country.

The Priestess's job is to gather the seven warriors of Byakko. Only when the warriors are together, and the scroll of Sairou is read from can the heavenly God Byakko come down to grant the three wishes of the Priestess. But she has to be very careful. Kutô has heard about the new Priestess, and is looking to assassinate her, for nobody will stop them from waging war against Sairou.

The seven warriors are eventually gathered, and Byakko is attempted to be summoned, but an attack halts the ceremony. After the attack comes strange news. Byakko now cannot be summoned with the seven Seishi alone. It requires two things of the old priestesses of Suzaku, Seiryu, and Genbu: two pieces of the Shinzaho.

Now, the Warriors of Byakko, as well as the priestess, has to travel to the Southern country of Konan, as well as walk into the enemy hands in Kutô, in order to obtain the Shinzaho and be able to summon Byakko. The journey will be long, and hard.

Good luck.

Now, the LSU's, if I get any, have to be the Miscellaneous people. Here's the form:

Name: (Duh.)
Personality: (Duh.)
Description: (Duh.)
Connection to Warriors/Priestess: (Teacher, first person Priestess met, Sister, Brother, whatever.)
Relationships: (With a warrior, the priestess, another misc person, what?)
Other: (Did I miss something?)

As for the other peoples, have fun!

My form:
Name: Juji Hakurou
Seishi Name: Karasuki
Description: Well, think Heero Yuy and Jounouchi Katsuya fused... Kinda. He's got somewhat messy brown hair. It's pulled back into a ponytail that sits over his shoulder. He's got brown eyes, somewhat more slanted than anybody else in Sairou. He wears a choker-like thing with a diamond shape on it, to show his loyalty for the Priestess. He wears a brown overshirt with blue pants. He wears the adorable black Chinese shoes that look so awesome! ^^()
Personality: Karasuki has a short temper, and he's a powerful fighter. He can joke outside of battle, but he gets angry really easily. He also embarrasses easily, but you can't be perfect. He's not afraid to kill the enemy. Karasuki houses a dark secret, that he wants nobody to know. His quirk... Karasuki is quite gullible sometimes. (Recently added.) And he's somewhat silent and nervous. But his worst quirk has to be the fact he embarrasses easily. He can tell jokes, but he doesn't like to take them. Blushes quite easily, too.
Seishi Skill: Karasuki has inhuman speed. He can move very fast, and, in his case with strength, strike very hard.
Location of Seishi Symbol: Wrist
Relationships: He has a crush on the Priestess. But the Priestess doesn't like the poor boy back... I think... O.O()
Other: Part one of his secret, which I will tell. He didn't quite grow up in Sairou. Part two... ** **** ** ** ***** *** ****** * *** *** *** ***** ****. In case you're wondering, I'm not spoiling anything for part two.

Now, I was thinking the RPG should start just before the failed attempt to summon Byakko. When the Priestess is about to summon the God, but is interrupted by Kutô Assassins. Sound good to you?

~ Juji Hakurou --- Karasuki ~

We're almost there. We've almost done it.

The seven of us are only mere seconds away from seeing Byakko.

Gods, how long had it been since I had first met Kyra and the other warriors of Byakko? One or two weeks? Maybe three? I wasn't the first warrior found, I know that much. But I was third... Or something. I dunno. Who cares?

I watched the people at the palace work hard to complete the summoning chambers. The room was designed with intricate patterns, and was simply stunning. The room was clothed in silver, pretty much. Breathtaking. That was the only word I could think about. Breathtaking.

I pulled aside one man. He had said he used to work for the Priestess of Suzaku once before. A while ago. I liked how his sky blue hair seemed to defy gravity.

"Excuse me, but how does this ceremony work?" I asked him.

"It's actually pretty easy. No da," the man replied, smiling. "The warriors have to concentrate their energy on the Priestess. The priestess reads from the Universe of Four Gods scroll for her country. In your case, Sairou. After she reads the scroll, she tosses it into the fire. No da."

"And Byakko comes after that?"

The man answered with a curt nod. "Then Byakko is allowed to grant three wishes to the Priestess. No da."

"I see..."

"Sairou really needs this, doesn't it? No da?" the man asked.

"Hell, yeah," I sighed. "Without the summoning, Kutô can blow through us. We're pretty much the smallest country, next to Kônan. Without the God's protection, Kutô'd be able to blow right through us."

"Chichiri!" yelled a voice. "C'mon, already!"

The man nodded to his friend. As he was about to walk off, I stopped him.

"Wait a sec. Where's Kyra? D'ya know?"

"Bathing. The Priestess has to be cleansed before she can summon the God. No da."

I nodded. "Thanks for your help!"

"No problem! No da!" the man laughed before walking off again to help his friend in preparing the shrine.

So close...

I guess I'm nervous about the ceremony. And kinda disappointed. Only kinda. But I wonder how everybody else is doing...
~~~~~
That should do it for my part, for now.

Discothéque
11th January 2003, 02:47 PM
Name: Akuji Sadari
Seishi Name: Tatara
Description: Tall, slender build, nearly 6'1", with pale skin. Faded, nearly clear eyes, with a mix of powder blue and grey, specked in certain places with aburn, but her left eye has crimson colouring to it and a scarlet scar stretching across it. On her skin, right under her eyes, are medium-sized ebony dots, one on each corner and one under them. She seems to where dark midnight makeup of sorts on her eyelids, and a bit around the top of her eyes. Long hair that goes down to her waist, soft brown streaked with dyed black and silver, usually strands covering her left eye. Her lips are a pale frosted rose, which usually is a simple line. Her clothing seem to me a simple robe, snow white, with violet and black markings on the sleeves, jagged lines with flowers at some parts. Her feet are protected with worn brown sandals, seemingly out of place. Also out of place is a dark black sword sheath hanging over her shoulder and onto her back, holding her beloved sword inside.
Personality: Is often quiet, and seems withdrawn and shy. She enjoys the company of others, though she does not show it. Is quite kind but usually pretends as if she doesn't care, and carries a tinge of sarcasm. Has a certain innocent presense, and is child-like in ways, but in others is quite dark. Her caring personality is, most of the time, hidden behind a glare and a frown. She is quite helpful, and intelligent also, but most of the time acts clueless and drifts away in her thought. Mainly, she's a mystery and a dreamer. Her quirk? She hates it when night is near or when it's dark outside, and is quite afraid of water...
Seishi Skill: She's the healer of the seven warriors.
Location of Seishi Symbol: On the right side of her neck.
Relationships: Unknown as of now.
Other: She carries a somewhat broad sword, at the bottom three different slender blades which soon braid into one, ivory by the hilt and ebony by the blade, which she has named as Division.
-

Akuji Sadari - Tatara
~
Simply sitting idly upon the floor, legs crossed merely over each other as if relaxing, iced eyes glancing around the area as if not belonging. Long braid of brownish gold strands streaked with black and silver swung behind me, as my arms folded against my chest, observing the place carefully.

Careful, watchful orbs continued to watch peacefully over the others, some seemingly sad as their were soon to leave the other warriors. Perhaps some would keep in contact with each other; or maybe they'd lose sight of each other forever. Whatever came, this was soon about to end.

Latching slender fingers around the Division, I stroked the blade carefully, polishing it to a metallic shimmer, attempting to forget about the ceremony to take place. When truly it was the first thing in my mind, all other thoughts harshly pushed to the back. In my heart, was the simple thought that I'd miss them, even though it was barely three weeks, maybe not even that long. Yet I still felt attached and unwanting to let go of the six others that were like me in some way. "And so, the tears set, the frail feeling within our hearts, ooh it cuts like a knife..." I hummed nearly quietly, singing my own little song, staring at the braided sword I held before pushing it into the sheath hanging over my back.

The priestess still wasn't here... perhaps I'll say goodbye to the other warriors. But maybe not, I guess I'll just sit over here... by myself, just like the older times which are not that old.

I'll just convince myself I do not care, what always happens. Yet drifting nearby is something that unsettles me, something feels odd. Maybe I'm just thinking of things. I could stop thinking! Such a simple thought which makes you think... er... uh, I give up.

Bulbasaur4
11th January 2003, 03:14 PM
Name: Kyra Tenchimoko
Description: Her face and upper s hirt... (http://www.ayashi.net/gallery/g-images/ep10/ani10-095.jpg)
Her shirt.. (http://www.ayashi.net/gallery/g-images/ep10/ani10-117.jpg)She wears a short black skirt with it, and instead of a cross on her necklace she has a silver cresent upon it with a single diamond tear-shaped in the center.
Personality: She's very caring and optimistic, and extremely open minded. She is the type to 'go-with-the-flow' and she HATES conflict and will do anything to avoid it. She's loyal to those she trusts and respects, and though she isn't much of a fighter or one for conflict, she would die before she betrayed anyone. She's pretty emotional and can get depressed at times, but no one really could ever tell because she hides her feelings easily. She has a hard time exposing her feelings for people as well... or her deep feelings, but she always finds a way to remain happy.
Modern-Age Tools: She has pen with some designed paper, along with some music cds and a cd player, but she's worried the batteries will run out soon. She has some minor misc stuff not worth mentioning as well..
Relationships: She is friends with all the female warriors and looks upt to them like her sisters- in awe at their skills as fighters. She is fond of the two male warriors, but secretly she softly likes Karasuki or Juji... but is a bit to afraid to tell. She is very close with Nefiera, and considers him to be almost like her protective brother even though he is a wolf-like creature.
Other: n/a

Kyra Tenchimoko - F - Princess

I sat in the hot water, taking the gentle cloth they had given me and slowly scrubbing away at my skin. Oils and various soaps and insents were around me, as I did as I waas told. They told me scrub my skin... wash my hair in the scented oils of flowers and such. It was very complicated and yet- strangely relaxing. I breathed soflty as my thoughts wandered slowly..

Would... would this be it? I frowned at the thought.
When I has summoned the Byakko, told the God of the three wishes we wanted.. and then recieved them and everything was over. Would everyone... leave? Would they all disappear? Go their seperate ways?

The thought depressed me... but yet hope some how flurished. Perhaps they would stay- we were friends I believed. Even though it was only three weeks... we stayed together because of our bonds- right?
PArt of me was a bit negative about it- some would leave. Maybe all... but some would stay righT?
Surely... at least maybe Nefiera would stay? or Juji? Akuji?
More names rambled off but...

"Princess Kyra, you are done. We have your robes waiting for you.." A girl entered, holding a beautifully woven, elegant robe-like dress which was to be worn in the summoning. I nodded, as I slowly slippd out of the warm water and grabbed a soft cloth. Drying myself off, I quickly brushed my hair softly, and remembered they told me my hair- even wet, must remain down. I quickly rubbed the cloth fast along my head, as my hair slowly dried more until finally it was dry enough. I then brushed through it again, to find it shimmered elegantly because of the special bathing techniques.

I then walked towards the robes I would wear and was in awe about it. My undergarments were normal, and I wore a soft, sparkling golden-silver skirt underneath the robe alogn with a silky, soft shirt as well. The robe though was magnificant. It was pure white... and softer then any fabric I ever touched before. It was long sleeved, and when tied together it would reach all the way to my ankles, but it flowed as if I were born with it- like dancing ribbons in the wind. Rimming the collar and the outline of the robe was two silver streaked lines, and upon the back of the white robe were elegantly sown strands of silver and gold in the shape of Byakko's symbol. More elegantly drawn figures of the seven warrior's symbols as well were placed in random places around the robe. I of course was to be barefoot so there were no shoes...

I quickly slipped myself into the garments, until finally the young girl came back. This time in her hands were jewelery. A pair of earrings were shown- simply silver circles. I placed them in as she handed me seven golden bracelets- three upon one wrist and four upon the other. The last was a necklace... made out of thickly embroidered silver, gold and assorted jewels were placed into it. At the tip of the necklace is trummed down with ribbons of some material or soft metal which I did not know of, but it was simply enchanting and strange.

After I had placed that upon me, she then gave me a soft, pink flower which to tuck upon in my long hair. She did it for me however.. and attached it.

"You are done my'lady, you are ready."

( I will let more people post first, and then shadow when you think we should move on I'll let you post her entering and talking or whatever you think would be good.)

Name: Nefiera
Seishi Name: Amefuri
Description: See Attachment Below
Personality: Very protective and extremely loyal to the princess and to the warriors. He is extremely quiet as well, and doesn't speak the human tongue very often but prefurs to his 'growls' and such. He respects the warriors and acts like everyone's big protective pet in a way, but he will get pissed if anyone calls him a 'pet'. His quirk is that he cannot stand being called a 'pet' and that he is afraid of little children.
Seishi Skill: Look at him! He's a big BIG wolfy with an almost mane-like neckline of fire and wings. ^^;;;; He's got power...
Location of Seishi Symbol: Upon his shoulder (I drew a marking, it might not be right but it is an idea about what it will appear like.)
Relationships: I will edit this, but currently he is EXTREMELly protecitve of the princess.
Other: He's the only 'beast' like warrior... he's extremely odd, but it appears he is a wolf with fire-like additives.

Amefuri - Nefiera - Warrior

Nefiera sat there, his wary, striking green eyes darting back and forth at everyone. He was sitting in front of the door which Kyra had entered to bath and get ready. Many servants told him he should go mingle and prepare himself else where- but they only recieved a low growl and a deathly look which made them leave the wolf-like creature alone. He was massive, so he blocked a great deal of the door, as his tail swished back and forth and his eyes gazed about. He saw some warriors enter... most were meditating or to their own thoughs, but Juji or Karasuki was talking to one of the servents, asking about the ceremony. Blinking, suddenly Juji turned his gaze and saw Nefiera, and quickly walked over to the wolf-like creature.

" Hello Nefiera (what names do we go by? Their real ones or the seishi ones?)" He flashed a serious yet soft smile, as I growled in aknowledgement.

"What... what are you doing sitting here? Kyra will be coming out soon... " I nodded slowly at him, flickering my gaze towards him. I was fiercly protective of the princess for it was my duty to not let harm come to her. I did not like talking with others whom I did not trust much... but the three weeks guarding hte princess, I had noticed the other warriors were admirable friends. I liked them all, and I soon realized that I must not only protect the princess but them as well. We needed all of them to summon... and thus I would guard all six of the warriors and the princess.

"...... the princess is inside." I said lowly, for human language was some thing I did not like to speak of often.
" ... I stay here til she appears. I still protect."
Juji smiled, as he stood by me and then he suddenly took notice of Akuji.
" I never noticed her..." He spoke, and I nodded.
"... hides very well."
She then turned her flickering gaze towards us, and nodded as if to aknowledge us. Akuji was a soul whom I deemed very wise. She was caring and had a good side of light... but yet she remained silent and soft and I sensed a deep darkness in her which was not the type of evil darkness- but... some thing indescribable. She carried a mask of frowns and seriousness, but I sensed that she was more then that. She ... she had many things which assisted her.

I awaited... mostly to see the other warriors when they revealed themselves. I was nervous when I didn't know where everyone was... and I didn't like it.
"... I hope... others show themselves... soon." I said slowly to Juji, who nodded.
"Yeah... me too."

Arnen
11th January 2003, 06:31 PM
~Name: Taden Hothnight
~Seishi Name: Toroki
~Age: 17
~Description: Sort of tall, medium build, shoulder-length silver hair, cold, pale blue eyes. Dark grey ninja-style shirt and black pants with a black cape, with leather gauntlets and a wide-brimmed hat.
~Personality: Cold and spiteful, he's pretty antisocial. He doesn't let people know how he's feeling, and you really don't wanna get on his bad side. However, if he sets his mind on something, he'll go to most means to accomplish his goal. He prefers to stay out of the sun.
~Seishi Skill: Can fire dark blue-and-silver energy beams from his hands that can be fired at the ground to sort of vault him into the air.
~Seishi symbol: On the back of his left hand.
~Relationships: He's not a people person.
~Other: He has a sword with a pale blue blade. And, um, he prefers people to call him by his givven name, not his Seishi name.

~^*Taden*^~ The guy with the cape ^_^

I stood outside the door to the temple, leaning against a pillar. I glanced back at the chamber within. Nefiera... or was it Amefuri now? and Juji... Karasuki? were both already inside. I fingered the hilt of my sword, looking up at the starry sky as I trying to decide if I should go in yet. After a few moments, my mind was made up. I turned and walked briskly into the temple.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
12th January 2003, 02:41 AM
*sings tunelessly* Oh, wow, look at you now, flowers in the window, such a lovely day~~

Name: Ryu Masato (I was gonna give him a chinese name, but didn't know how to translate it into Japanese spellings...)
Seishi Name: Tokaki!!!!
Description: About 5'11" to 6'0". He's got a normal build, albeit a little clumsy. His prematurely silver-white hair is set in what one may call a 'freeform hairstyle' *cough*messybedhead*cough* with lots and lots of bangs here and there. It comes down to the middle of his back, in a tapering sort of tail (you know, like Tasuki's only longer...) His skin is nut-brown, and his eyes change colour with his mood. I think it comes with his rather pathetic seishi power. (Brown when genki, grey when angry, yellow when suspicious, pink when obsessed with someone or he sees sweets.) He has gold hoop earrings, very slightly pointed ears and wears a beige chinese-collar-tunic-thing ala Tamahome with a red sash and dark trousers, and boots. For some reason he also has a red scarf tied around his neck. Turns chibi very often, although not intentionally.
Personality: He's violent when provoked. Er. Hasty, doesn't think twice; gets a lot of humorous delayed-action in which he usually realizes he's doing something wrong. Sarcasm and/or irony has absolutely no effect on him whatsoever (ie. he's too dumb to get it ^^;;) He's not really sentient, but he's at least subtle enough to leave people alone when they want to be (except whomever he thinks is his current [one-sided] amour). WILL beg, borrow or steal to get what he wants, but he's hurt (and placated) easily. I believe his loyalty factor is quite high. He's a little naive sometimes and has a potty mouth. For the quirk thing, he, eh, likes candy.... he really likes candy. Especially the toffee apples!! ^o^ Doesn't like onions or garlic.
Seishi Skill: He can, eh, usually determine the mindset of people near him.. Nothing special, just a vague feeling thing that he either trusts or doesn't trust the person; he cannot give reasons as to why he feels so. Consequently, people don't trust his judgements either XD Most people think that he's redundant, and he's sad about that, so he tries to be as helpful as possible, though there may be hidden limits to his assumed telepathy that may be unlocked in time. Em.. I forgot Tokaki's original power, ^^()
Location of Seishi Symbol: On his left shoulderblade
Relationships: He likes to go after impossible women. O_o Or anyone who'll have him... right... *sweatdrop* I dunno... he'd strike me as the kind of person who'd run around like a lovesick puppy after Discotheque's Tatara.
Other: Er. *drools* Tokakiiiiiiii..... *drops off to sleep* need... sleep...
--------------

Tokaki was in the middle of his daily haggling session with the sweetmeats vendor, their voices raising higher and higher as the price went steadily lower, when an errant memory suddenly grabbed his brain by the shoulders and told it to wake up and smell the oolong tea, he was -late for the Summoning.-

But we haven't bought the candy apples yet!!! wailed the other, less logical, impulse. Candy apples!! Candy apples are more important than the summoning of the big striped cat!!!!! YEAH!

-If we're NOT THERE, we'll never get any candy apples again, comprendo?- The memory beat the impulse into a bleeding pulp metaphorically, and Tokaki halted his harangue with the sweetmeats vendor, said "Eeep," abruptly, and ran off in the direction of the palace.

(God must hate me... or maybe it's just that ugly old hag that has all the cute attendants. I wonder if she's heard of beauty treatment?)

The white-haired teenager skated to a halt in front of the ornately-decorated double doors of the shrine, then opened one of them a crack. Everyone was in place..... except for him, obviously. And the Priestess, who was probably finishing her cleansing ritual. Technically, that was good. The fact remained that all seven seishi should've been ready and waiting at least half-an-hour before the ceremony began.

He slipped into the room. "Eh, heh, heh... sorry I'm, er, late?"

Nayia Waterflower aka starmie44
12th January 2003, 05:41 PM
~Warriors~
Name: Minako Masaki
Seishi Name: Subaru
Description: She wears a red chinese style shirt with long baggy sleeves, rolled up at it's ends, black wrist bands and baggy black pants with a black shash that's big and long, tied on the side, and the ends left to hang. Her hair is golden brown that is pulled into a high ponytail when fighting. Her eyes are strange, yet beautiful, like a rainbow. She's short, 5'4"(she hates it when people make fun of her height), and has a light peach color to her otherwise pale skin. A normal build, fit body, not big or skinny looking, just right in the middle.
Personality: If there ever was a ancient chinese tomboy, she would be one. She hates dresses and dressing up, and only does it if it's nessicary, or have been forced. She's a very stubborn and pursistent girl but she is innocent to somethings in life, you can see it in her eyes, but she tries to hide it by being independent and not showing her child-like innocents. She is very friendly, but doesn't like being helped, or asking for help. But otherwise she a pretty ok person. A very understanding and patience person, and is very emotional too. And tho she doesn't like help, she loves to help others. She cares deeply for others and would let her life be taken if it were to save anothers. She can fight, and likes to use her fists and high kicks instead of a sword, tho she is skilled with the sword, a staff and the long bow. She also loves the little things in life like flowers, rivers, butterflies, trees, music, singing, dancing, food, etc. She also hates changes...unless it's food. She's very, very, very open-minded about food. ^-^
Seishi Skill: I'll use the original Subaru power - can freely manipulate time (basically, can stop time for short periods of time, and make time move faster or slower. Her powers have no effect on her, as well as the people she does not wish her powers to effect.)
Location of Seishi Symbol: Again, simular to the original Subaru - Above left breast, where her heart is.
Relationships: *shrugs* I'll figure it out later.
Other: She is afraid of men, besides as friends. She can work with them, and be in the same room as one, and talk to one as well as fight one, but if one advances on her, be it friendly or romantic, she freaks out and tends to throw them into a wall... or flips them on the floor... or kick them in the face... But usually, if it's a friend, she feels very guilty afterward. She doesn't trust a man with her heart (she let too many break it), yet she is lonely and wants to find love, but until she can find a guy she can truely trust, she puts her work and everything else head instead.

Subaru ~ Minako Masaki's picture (http://www.geocities.com/kawaii_dark_magician_girl4u/index.html)

Minako Masaki ~ Subaru
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'It's almost over'

It has only been...three week I believe. Not even a month together with these people, and for some, not even a week. Protecting the Byakko no Miko and finding the other seishi to summon Byakko, one of the four great gods, have been a short yet great adventure. And as much as I'm glad for it to end for the sake of Sairou, I also wish for it to never end. The Priestess will leave after the wishes are made and we may never see her again.

'And what about us Seishi?' I though, my eyes never leaving the gaze that I had fixed on the sealing above. 'Will we stay in contact... or will we go our own ways.'

I have had a chance to meet the two seishi's of the Suzaku no Miko. One of them I got to talk to. Tasuki was his name. I asked him what had come of all the Suzaku Seishi. Turns out four of them died protecting the Suzaku no Miko. One by the name of Tamahome, was reborn in the real world so he could be with the Priestess. Chichiri and himself are the only ones left.

'How sad... we were lucky to all be alive and well... Chichiri and Tasuki managed to stay together. They have such a strong bond of friendship. They have been through many things in a long period of time. Us...three weeks together, and that isn't even all of us. Yes, we have been through alot too... and grown friendships, yet... who says we'll still be together after the priestess goes... who says we will ever see each other again'

I could feel something wet on my cheek. I blinked, scanning the sealing quickly for cracks, yet there was none. I let my hand softly wip the water away, and blinked again, looking at my hand.

'Had I been crying?' I though, getting up of the floor to look in the mirror. My eyes and cheeks were slightly red from crying, and my cheeks had tear streaks running down them. 'I guess I was...'

I swiftly wipped my face with my sleeve before walking out of the room I had been meditating in for the last three hours. Well...two hours... the last hour I had spent laying on the floor in deep though. "Time to join the others..."

I walked over to the temple, where the shrine and the ceremony was to take place. Slipping in, I could clearly see that five of the other seishi were there already. Karasuki and Amefuri were standing by the door where Kyra, the Byakko no Miko was to appear when the summoning was to started. Tatara was seated on the floor, seeming to be lost in her own thoughs. Toroki was leaning against the wall, waiting patience for the start of the summoning. And Tokaki...well, he was panting, as if he has ran all the way from the other side of the city. Kokie was the only one who was missing.

"I wonder where she went off to..." I muttered to myself, walking away from the door and seating myself on the floor, simular to Tatara. I gave a sigh, and closed my eyes, calming my body and spirit before the summoning was to begin...

Elemental Seribii
13th January 2003, 03:34 PM
Name: Shuu Kuen
Seishi Name: Kokie
Description: Shuu looks younger than she really is, as if she was in her earlier teens. She also has a more childish look to her. Her hair is a light baby blue, that is tied up in a loose ponytail, with a silver ribbon. Her eyes color is a pure, deep silver (except for where the pupils are). She always has a light, pink blush on her cheeks on her otherwise lightly tanned skin. She's around 5'5''. (For her clothes, see the attachment. the main color is the same, but the green part (where the collar is, ect), is a dark blue. Imagine at the botton, it trails off into a dress, but she wears shorts of the same material underneath.) For shoes, she wears black boot-things, but they lace up her ankle. (I have no idea what they're called. ^-^') Her overall structure gives off a hint of weakness, or fragile-ness.
Personality: She's a slightly fragile girl, as her body isn't built well, she really does try to be strong, but sometimes it's too much. She's usually cheeful enough, but sometimes does seem to be depressed, or very thoughtful. She sometimes stutters when she speaks, or might take longer than usual to reply.
She loves to talk to people, though, and can seem rather smart for her age. She has a mischevious streak in her, though, and she always appears to let it come through when you least expect it.
Seishi Skill: She can play any musical instrument. Therefore, she has a beautiful wooden flute, with swirling floral designs on it, that when she plays the right tune, can paralyze the target.
Location of Seishi Symbol: On her left cheek.
Relationships: I have no idea. She sort of looks up, in a way, to the other warriors, though.
Other: She can't use any kind of weapon. Sword, mace, bow and arrow, spear, you name it. I wouldn't try teaching her either, otherwise you'll end up with a time bomb...

-Shuu - Kokie-
---------------
I had been standing in the corner of the back of the Summoning Room, watching everyone else idly. I doubt anyone had seen me, maybe a few servants.

There was a faint, sad smile on my lips, I lifted my flute to them, and began to play.
If I remember this right, this piece was something about goobyes, and regrets. Appropriate...

A few heads turned when I began, but most just froze for a minute, before returning to whatever they were doing. I swear that I saw a few short smiles.

Losing myself in the swirl of music, I let my fingers find the notes by memory, improvising slightly when I forgot a part - I hadn't played this piece in a long time.

When I stopped, I fell harshly back to the world, the buzz of life ringing in my ears. A few people re-froze, the music floating on the air had started to become a part of life, but it was taken out as quick as it had been introduced.

Perhaps music was ment to be like that...

Shadow-Fox
13th January 2003, 09:22 PM
To answer the people's questions, you can call the Warriors either by their real name or their Seishi name. I prefer the Seishi names, but that's just me.

~ Third Person POV ~

And with the arrival of all of the Seven Warriors of Byakko comes the eager anticipation of the summoning of the God Deity, himself, Byakko. Kyra sighed, picking up the white scroll handed to her by the Suzaku Warrior of old, the well-renowned Chichiri.

"With Byakko coming, you won't need us in here. No da," Chichiri smiled, ushering his friend and partner, Tasuki, out the door before him. Kyra smiled softly and started walking up to the blazing flames in the center of the room. As she walked the long, regal carpeting, she gazed at her friends, the Byakko Warriors. The shy and quiet Tatara, skilled in battle, yet confused in feelings. The loyal Amefuri, fierce-looking yet kind-hearted. The cold and gathered Toroki, undesicive of his place with the Warriors. The energetic Tokaki, still puffing about his trip over to the temple. The friendly Subaru, concerned for the sake of her friends and the future. The silent Kokie, whose mood was relayed moments ago by her flute playing.

As Kyra passed Karasuki, she watched a small blush settle on the warrior's face. He smiled a bit more, watching Karasuki's face grow redder. Kyra approached the flame, her mind set. She opened the Universe of Four Gods scroll. Her eyes scanned the Chinese Kanji.

"The four palaces of the heavens," she began. "The four corners of the earth. In the name of sacred law, belief, and goodness, I summon thee, Byakko, lord of the west. I now say these words to thee. Appear on earth from the seven palaces of heaven for the sake of those here who adore you. Come to us here. With thy holy power, smash the evil which threatens us. Save us!"

Kyra tossed the scroll into the fires. "And hear our wishes to thee! Desce---"

Kyra was cut off suddenly. A long, white rope found its way around the Priestess's body, restraining her. Kyra gasped in surprise. The rope tugged her down. Without being able to use her hands to soften the blow, Kyra landed hard on the ground. Karasuki and Amefuri rushed up to the Priestess in concern.

Tokaki gasped and turned to the rafters of the temple. "Kotou spies!" he yelled. The rest of the warriors readied for battle as 14 black-robed men appeared suddenly at the warriors' sides.

Amefuri slashed at the bindings the held Kyra, releasing her from the grasp of the rope. Karasuki helped Kyra to her feet, trying not to let the small blush on his face remain too obvious.

"Careful, all right?" he said before joining the rest of his friends. Amefuri bounded after Karasuki.

"What d'ya say?" Tokaki joked. "Two each?"

Tatara smirked. "If they finish you off, can I have yours?"

The Warriors of Byakko readied for the fight to come.
~~~~~
And the other warriors should take it from there. Badda bing... Badda boom!

Discothéque
13th January 2003, 10:43 PM
Akuji - Tatara
~
Simply hearing the words from Tokaki was enough for a smile to purse my lips, a hand clamping him harshly on the shoulder. "Don't let candy distract you too much, Tokaki." the smirk danced on my lips as I let go, dashing towards one of the clad in black, hilt of the black and white sword clutched tightly in my hand.

My wrists were quickly grabbed and twisted, as I ignored the popping from one and quickly tossed the hilt of the sword to the other hand. Flicking my hand back and clasping my fingers tightly around their wrist, all the speed I held flipped them back onto the floor, lying helplessly on his back as my frame towered over one of the spies sent.

The main tip of the Division leveled above their chest, lightly burrowed in their shirt, only getting a harsh glare in return to their worried look. They remained nearly silent, apart from their strained whimpers and grunts. "Did you suspect to prance in here, ruin the ceremony and come out with no broken bones?" my head tilted curiously, as if taunting them, before I put the sword back in the sheath and gave them a quick kick in the ribs, sending the man sprawled across the floor with little to no effort.

"Is that the best they have?" the amused tone glazed over my voice, before another of the spies lept onto me, sending Division skidding across the floor as I lied with no power as one of them grasped my arms together to ease my attempting to get free. Only one word could sum this all up.

Damn.

Bulbasaur4
14th January 2003, 02:45 PM
Amefuri- M – Warrior

I turned my s harp, glowing orb gaze at Kyra as Karasuki ran into the battle- ready to fiercly protect. I roughly growled to her.
”Stay here… be careful and do not let them touch you.”
With that I bunched up my muscles with in my hind quarters and bounded off after Karasuki. I instantly saw him being met head-on by a black-robed warrior, and narrowed my eyes to see that there were 14 of them. Odd number… since there were seven of us. Perfectly divided yet very suspicous. I quickly however found a combatant- for suddenly a black figure leapt upon Tatara. He had her wrists and painfully had it so she could not move and was ready to take her out. I curled my lips upwards as I revealed my shiny, ivory fangs and let loose a blood-curdling growl. I quickly leapt into the air and with a swipe of my massive, furried paw I thwacked him from the side. Instantly his arm took a crushing blow, and he released Tatara from his grip. She staggered as she then whirled around to see me and the black robed man. I looked at her with my green gaze, and with my gaze alone I told her that I would take this robed figure and that she should fetch her sword. I then turned my attention to the robed figure who was getting back up from my blow. He gazed at me, and then slowly withdrew a long, silver sword. He lashed it in front of my face, doing a dazzling display of swordsmanship. He kept taking steps towards me… lashing the sword in the air threatenly, as I backed up. I watched carefully however, monitoring the movements of the sword until suddenly I saw my opportunity to strike. He leapt into the air and made an aim at my head with the sword. I quickly ducked under it, and with a flick of my head I smashed it into his arm which caused him to painfully drop his sword. The black robbed man then landed upon my head, and I quickly jerked my head down so to bring him to the ground.

I tucked my wings tightly against my back, as I took my paw and put pressure upon his shoulder. I leaned forward at him, as he painfully cracked his arm in many places under my weight. I growled and suddenly took my muzzle and seized his head. Having it in my large jaws, I then jerked his head in an awkward position and heard a loud crack. I broke the man’s neck… causing him to leave this world rather quickly.

My eyes widened however, as I felt a pain at my side. I jerked my head around to see a small, silver dagger dug into my muscle tissue at the top of my right hind leg. It was rather painful and stung… as blood gleamed in the light as it dripped from the wound. I saw it was another black-robed figure, and ‘she’ had a sword as well and already was in motion to take out my hind leg by gashing it in the side. Before she could react or I however, suddenly Subaru leapt into motion and knocked the figure to the ground, causing her to loose her sword and her aim completely. I greatfully nodded my head, until suddenly my nose flared as my ears flattened. Kyra…

I whirled around to see another robbed figure standing in front of her, trying to grab at her. My eyes widened as I felt a powerful rage fill with in me. No one touches the Lady Kyra…
The flames which danced upon the back of my furry neck roared as they licked the air and I lunged towards that area. I curled my lips upwards in a toothy snarl as I leapt into the air and quickly came crashing down upon the weakly-built figure. He was sent skattering to the ground, as I suddenly unfolded my left wing and suddenly outstretched it extremely quickly. As the robed figure was getting up, my wing hit him directly in the gut with a harsh blow and sent him hurling through the air so he crashed into a nearbye pillar. Though wings were meant for flying, when a powerful and large wing was used to hit some thing… it felt like a sledgehammer.

I then jerked my back around and stood next to Kyra… my neck lowered and my ears flattened as the fur upon my area bristled fiercely. My glowing, orb-like eyes pierced the area as my claws dug into the ground and my fire-like main flickered fiercly. Blood trickled from the dagger which was still embedded in my side, matching my blood-stained muzzle but I did not pay any heed to it. I could take far more pain then a simple dagger could offer me. But I stood there.. poised and ready to help out anyone else who might be in need. I would other wise stand here, in front of Kyra to make sure nothing touched her. But if any one of the warriors should need aid, I would be there in a bound to help them the best to my ability as the wolven warrior.

Arnen
14th January 2003, 06:33 PM
~^*Taden/Toroki/Whatever*^~

I saw Tatara rush from the temple. Sighing lightly, I ran after her. I saw her and Amefuri get surrounded by about 14 black-robed figures.

"<Two for each of us,>" I thought, smiling grimly. Amefuri quickly took care of a few, and two turned on me. "<Only tow? Aw, where's the fun in that?>" I thought, drawing my sword. THe blade caught the moonlight, shining brightly. I smiled once more, shifting fludly into a fighting stance.

OoC: *yawns* I'll post again later...

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
15th January 2003, 09:45 AM
Candyyyyyy mweeeeeee!
----------
Tokaki/Ryu Masato
---------------

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Tatara had wished him well! Well, not really, but it was still a start, right?!

Tokaki's eyes misted over momentarily until one of the party-crashers in black hit him over the head; but Tokaki had probably had some strain of ogre in his ancestry, since his skull was rather thick and generally affected both his physical and mental attributes, for better or for worse. Consequently, he wasn't fazed by the belting, and since he was rather deficient in conventional fighting methods, he'd had to make up his own way of dispatching annoyances.

"Hey, that wasn't very nice!"

The guy tried to give him a kick in the stomach. Tokaki latched onto the back of his neck with his teeth, which were surprisingly healthy even after the years of strain from sugar-guzzling, and proceeded to fight like an enraged tomcat. This style of dealing with enemies was rather effective, because it is very hard to concentrate on ninja'ing your opponent to death when he's on your back and apparently mincing your arm off, dislocating your knee, kicking you in the essential areas and gnawing on your head all at the same time. One of the otehr black-robes who wasn't currently occupied with the other seishi came forward and attempted to slice Tokaki in half. It didn't work. He'd just signed up for a custom mangling free of charge.

Unfortunately, it wasn't designed to withstand larger numbers of people, or sudden surprises. Fortunately the former was taken care of, with only fourteen spies and the rest hard at work. Again unfortunately the latter was entirely possible, and Tokaki was caught off-guard when Amefuri collapsed the pillar with a convenient black-robe.

He ended up with various nicks and shallow cuts from the spies, and large plum-coloured bruises on his forehead and torso as well as a very dazed expression from the remnants of the pillar that had spilled into his fighting area. He sent out little mental probes into the atmosphere (it was a very messy job, because he was only half-awake).

"Isz everybuddy elze dieded yet?" he asked confusedly. "Um. I donthink I'mmall heere yet. Hahaheheahahehe?"

Shadow-Fox
15th January 2003, 08:46 PM
~ Juji Hakurou / Karasuki ~
Jab left. Right hook... Erm... Right. Make black robe guy fall over. Only two per person? Damn. I was having fun.

The battle seemed to halt slightly when Amefuri knocked over a large pillar. Smoke billowed everywhere. I couldn't see a thing over the thick smoke...

Kyra!

The smoke cleared, and Kyra, as well as most of the Warriors, were unharmed. By most, I mean everybody but Tokaki, maybe Amefuri. Tokaki looked worse.

"Isz everybuddy elze dieded yet?" he asked, confused. "Um. I donthink I'mmall heere yet. Hahaheheahahehe?"

Sweatdrop. Facevault. They seem to go together so well...

I picked myself up, gazing around. Apparently, Tokaki and one, maybe two, of the black-robed men looked injured or dazed. The battle waged on.

I practically flew across the room, via Seishi skill, and slammed my foot into an assassin's face. Quickly, I looked for Kyra. Amefuri was by her side, as if daring anybody to try to attack Kyra. I have to admire his loyalty---

Lost in thought, a sneak attack found my face. I retaliated... Somewhat... With a quick hit of my own. Fist to stomach. I fell. Foot to solarplexes. The man leaned over in pain. I wasn't thinking much, I'll admit. I stood up rather quickly. I swear, I heard a tooth fall.

The black robed guy held his chin in pain. It was bleeding a lot. I heard head wounds bleed a ton. And they hurt like hell. The assassin seemed preoccupied, so I made a quick jab to a temple. He fell. I didn't kill him. Just sorta... Incapacitated him a bit.

One down for my party.

I searched for my target, but he found me. We engaged in a fist fight.
~~~~~
A fist fight I will finish when I have more time. Ja!

Arnen
15th January 2003, 09:19 PM
OoC:
The energetic Tokaki...

^^^Understatement of the century!

~^*Toroki~Taden*^~

I covered my eyes with the arm that didn't hold my sword against the smoke and dust that came up upon the destruction of the pillar. When I lowered it, I found the assasains had advanced. I smiled grimly, bringing my sword up once again in a fighting stance. I lunged at my first victim, face set grim and emotionless. The assasain dodged, but got his robe ripped pretty bad. A trickle of blood ran down his exposed leg. Cursing, he lunged with his fist, only to be met by my blade. Now the fighter had one hand. Cursing even more, he aimed a kick at my gut. I stepped back and avoided it easilly. He was clearly not focused.

With one more sweep of my sword, this time in a crescent-moon shape, the fighter fell to the ground. He did not get up. I turned my icey gaze on the second assasain. He backed off; I heard his breathing coming raggid. I grinned, raising my sword. The assasain turned and ran like a scared rabbit.

"Coward..." I muttered, looking back to see how the others were faring.

Discothéque
15th January 2003, 10:13 PM
Akuji - Tatara
~
Wobbling with little grace, slender fingers once more latched around the hilt of the Division, one hand gripping tightly to it and the other lying worthlessly to my side; the bones connecting to the wrist firmly snapped out of place. Cold orbs darted around, dust and smoke twirling within the air, pieces of stone adorning the ground from the fallen pillar, now with no use other than burdening the fight.

Eyes followed one of those clad in midnight robes, ambling a slow pace towards the dazed Tokaki, sword hilt clutched tightly in his hand and ready to strike. Cat-like in quick motions, legs dropped out from under me, pouncing with one single movement onto the spy, fingernails digging and piercing into tender flesh. A sharp feeling on pain gathered in my left wrist, obviously broken, but I casted the hurting feeling aside.

One swift kick in my stomach tossed me onto the ground, aburn eyes glaring coldly back at me, yet effortlessly I spun a leg underneath them causing he to also fall. Regaining footing, braid lashing to my side as I craned my neck to look back at him, a hand was now placed on my neck, force pulling me once more to the ground.

Twisting an arm to grab his own, a struggle of power connected, before he was lying on his back with my fingers clutching his neck and prodding it with simple sadistic manner and often putting amounts on force onto the throat. Strained noises came, before he managed to bounce back up, grabbing my wrists once more to restrain me back. Bringing a leg up in a kick caused the shattering on his knee cap, he once more fell onto the ground, yet this time a sword met his chest.

Pulling the blade up by the hilt, the thick crimson liquid clinging onto it, my sharp breathes slowed. I noticed the number of the spies were thinning from their previous number. "So how's everyone else doing?" I asked, sing-songy, fresh blood dripping down from my lip and the various cuts on my pale face.

Bulbasaur4
15th January 2003, 11:00 PM
Amefuri - M - Warrior

Amefuri's eyes blinked as he paused there- a menacing glare upon his face still. Everyone... or the warriors of seven, had taken care or were finishing off their two victims. Once everyone had finally taken care of what interupted us, they stood there... dazzled slightly. The dirt in the air from the crushed pillar slowly had settled upon the ground, and blood and dirt was mixed about. It strained Amefuri... too see what used to be beautiful, the silver walls and floors... to suddenly be tainted with the harsh reality of blood and dirt. Surely the ceremony was ruined.

" S...sorry... wing of I made figure hit pillar hard."
Amefuri's low, yet comforting voice suddenly rose upwards. Tatara smirked and Karasuki made a coughing noise which sounded distinctively like a stifled laugh. Amerfuri blinked, and suddenly relaxed a bit- getting out of his extremely violent pose. A soft pink tongue protruded from his muzzle as he slowly licked the rim of his white, furry, blood-stained muzzle. The blood was lightened... but the evidence of the battle still remained.

Toroki crossed his arms, and mumbled slightly... " So, now what?"

Amerfuri crossed his gaze with many other warriors, until they all settled upon Kyra. She made a pained expression, as if unsure what to do. The summoning of Byakko... Amerfuri didn't want any thing to interfere with the summoning. NOt when it had been this close...

Amerfuri felt a pain at his leg again, the dagger still lodged and grinding against his muscle every time it moved, and poking a bit at teh tender bone inside. But he ignored it, his blank, sterm face unnerving as he turned his gaze to Tokaki.

"Cannnshwuiee starrrrt aaaaargan?" He slurred, his eyes looking slightly bludgy.
A loud sigh was emitted, and Tatara shook her head slightly.
"I highly doubt it will be that easy..."
Kyra shook her head as well, as her light, airy yet sweet voice drifted over us all.

"No... the ceremony has been interupted... I have... a- a bad feeling about this.."
Amefuri's eyes narrowed at teh thought, bad feelings from the priestess were not good.

Arnen
15th January 2003, 11:12 PM
OoC: Er, Bulba, Toroki's a guy o.O

Shadow-Fox
16th January 2003, 02:53 PM

Fist fight ended, and assassin had fled. By now, the assassins had fled. But the reality dawned on all of us. Byakko was unable to be summoned. We had failed.

"Da-damn..." I whispered, kicking a nearby pillar. "So close! We were so close to actually doing it!"

"One minute," said a harsh, old lady voice. "All is not lost."

We all turned to look at the flames. An old woman's had graced the flames. Her leathery face was riddled with wrinkles, and her pure-white hair was tied back. Her eyes glared at all of us.

Eight loud screams rocked the shrine.

"How dare you?!?" the lady shrieked at our fallen forms. The shock of seeing such a stern face suddenly...

Tokaki seemed to have... Somewhat... Recovered. "Is this our punishment for not being able to summon Byakko?" he moaned.

"WATCH YOUR MOUTH!" the hag screamed. "I came here to give you a second chance, yet you still put me down. HONESTLY!"

"Who are you?" Kyra asked.

"I am Taiitsukun," the lady smiled. "I am a Lord of this world. It's nice to meet you, Priestess of Byakko."

Kyra nodded.

"Now," the lady said. "You had gathered rather quickly. I am very impressed. However, Sairou security isn't all its cracked up to be, is it? However, there is a second hope to summon Byakko. You can't summon him now, because the scroll is long gone. Even your magic, Subaru, wouldn't bring it back. So you must first travel to Konan in search of the Shinzaho."

"Shinzaho?" I repeated.

"Yes," Taiitsukun replied with a curt nod. "The Shinzaho can act as a medium for the Priestess if something, such as the scroll or a warrior, is missing from the ceremony. But this is only a last resort."

"A much needed one," Toroki commented.

"The Shinzaho is a piece of jewelry that one of the old Priestesses wore in the summoning," Taiitsukun continued. "Just so you have a small idea of what you're looking for. This has happened before, twice. Also, I have a few things for you all.

"The first is a message I want to make clear. This shouldn't pose as much as a problem as it did with the Suzaku Priestess and Warriors. The body of the Priestess must remain pure for the summoning of Byakko. The line between the warriors and the Priestess must not be crossed. I'm positive it won't harm anybody too much in this party.

"The second is a warning. Kutô is always searching for the Priestess. Their saga has long since ended, but they feel they have to kill the Byakko Priestess for some odd reason. Keep on your guard.

"The third are a few gifts. Not only will I heal your injuries, but... Well, you'll find out soon enough."

Taiitsukun raised a hand. A glowing orb was in front of every warrior. When it burst into a million shards of light, each warrior, including myself, held some sort of new present. I had a pair of wrist bands. I could feel my blood surging, as if excited for the gift.

"I have increased your Seishi abilities," Taiitsukun told us. "You should be stronger. On top of that, your wounds are healed. Now, Priestess, I give you Byakko's blessing. It will protect you from physical and magical attacks."

Ashes fell over Kyra's head briefly. As they passed over her, they sparkled briefly before disappearing into nothingness.

"Now, my deed is done," Taiitsukun finished. "Priestess, be warned. Kutô may have already found you. Warriors, I'm counting on you to protect the Priestess."

Taiitsukun's glare penetrated me for a quick second.

"Wait a sec!" Tokaki cried. "What's this Ostrich scroll look like, anyway?"

"Shinzaho!" Taiitusukun yelled. "And I am not going to do your work for you." With that, the lady's face faded.

"Nice girl," Tokaki mumbled.

"All right!" I cheered. "A second chance!"
~~~~~
What present Taiitsukun gave you, Warriors, is up to you. Priestess, she didn't give you anything physical. We leave... Whenever the heck we feel like it.

And there's one tiny detail I left out on Karasuki's sign-up form. You'll find out what that is later.

16th January 2003, 03:41 PM
hehe, I'm a little late posting this. Oh well.

Minako Masaki ~ Subaru
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What d'ya say?" Tokaki joked. "Two each?"

Tatara smirked. "If they finish you off, can I have yours?"

I couldn’t help but smile to myself. Tokaki was such a nut, but he was right. Two each would get the job done.

Turning around, I made eye connect with my first black robed opponent. Much to my disadvantage, he was wielding a sword. ‘Guess I’ll have to be more careful.’ I though. He swung his sword around, and I watched, never letting my eyes leave the swinging sword. Then he charged, frosting he sword foreward towards my gut. Likely I managed to dodge to the side, and counter with a sidekick into his side.

He groaned, yet recovered fast, slashing out to the side with his sword. I jumped back, yet not without some damage. The tip of the blade just barely cut through my shirt skimming across my belly. I blinked, quickly looking at the wound. It wasn’t deep, just went through the skin enough to make the cut bleed.

I glared up at him, frowning deeply. “That was my good shirt.”

He continued his assault, and I continued to dodge, just waiting for an opening. It was a minute before it came, and I had danced in front of another un-busy robed warrior. He turned, seeing I jumped in front of him with my back to him. ‘Perfect’ I though, hearing his sword unsheathe as well.

Now I was stuck between two of the robed figures, both with swords. They didn’t seem to notice one an other, just that I was in front of them. I stood there, waiting for them to change at me.

And then they did.

A few seconds before the swords would run into my flesh, I flipped out of the way. Their swords dug into each other, and they soon crippled to the floor, both died.

“Really children, you shouldn’t have been running around with swords. Look what happens!” I mocked at the fallen men before scanning the temple to see if the others needed my help.

And one did.

Amefuri, at the other side of the temple, was on top of a robed warrior. It looked as if he had just broken his neck. But that wasn’t the problem. A female black-robed warrior had just at that second dug a dagger into Amefuri’s side. She was now wielding her sword, ready to take out Amefuri’s leg.

I threw my hand out in front of me, commanding in my head ‘SLOW!’ The whole room was now in slow motion, except for myself. Now I had the time to ran to the other side of the temple to help Amefuri.

I ran at full speed, then when I was only a few feet away, I jumped up into the air, bringing my flexed feet down upon the female warrior. I managed to land on my feet, with belt knees and my hand on the floor, helping me to keep my balance. The robed warrior, on the other hand, was knocked onto the ground, her sword lost from her grip.

‘RETURN!’ I though. Then time went on like normal. I looked over at Amefuri to see if he was okay. He nodded greatfully, and I smiled, glad that he was okay.

I returned my look over to the female warrior. She was still on the ground, dazed. Looking at my feet, I saw her sword. I took it into my free hand, then stood up, slowly walking over to her till I was standing right above her. She looked up, eyes widening as I pointed the sword at her neck.

“How dare you mess up the summoning of the god Byakko.” I muttered, loud enough for her to hear. I glared down at her, my eyes piercing into her own. “You will pay for delaying my country’s happiness.” I raised the sword high, then brought it down into her stomach, just as dust and smoke filled the air.

“S…sorry… wing of I made figure hit pillar hard.”....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There, this ends just at the start of Bulba's last post.

Bulbasaur4
17th January 2003, 02:42 PM
(I'll include both of my char in one 3rd person post! But I'll put it under Amefuri's name..)

Amefuri - M - Warrior

As soon as the strange, rather chaotic lady left, silence insued. Karasuki however cheered loudly, motioning his hands in the air.
"Alrriiiight! A second chaaance!"
Amefuri sweatdropped, as he turned his gaze to the other warriors who noticed some minor yet helpful change amongst them. Amefuri closed his eyes for a brief moment, concentrating upon his body as he felt for any change.
He did feel some change... a change in his wings and in his heart. As he stood there, motionless and as if in a trance... a mysterious voice echoed with in his mind.
You... Amefuri, Beast of the Warriors. You... you have been given the aid of the wind to your wings. But you already have strength in your body, strength in the mind. Added to you know, is the greater burning of the heart. Open your eyes Amefuri, you will see.

Amefuri opened his eyes, and gazed back at his body. Spreading his wings, he saw that the feathers which decorated them had small, bright-red tips upon them. This made him wonder a bit softly to himself, as he then felt the fire which always dance upon his neck intense with greater heat.
Burning of the heart..
Amefuri now understood.

Tatara looked better now, as everyone seemed to asses their newly recovered bodies and the new additives which had been given to them by the strange, funny lady. It was Kyra's voice now, which spoke softly...
" Yes, we have been given a second chance..."
Her eyes, though she was caring and some what too innocent, she had unbelievable wisdom for her age. Amefuri respected that most of all with in her... along with her caring. He turned his glowing, green-eyed gaze to her and waited.

" We seemed to be recovered of our injuries. If the seven of you do not mind, I think we should gather the supplies which will be needed in our journey and leave as quickly as possible. The faster we move to collect the Shinzaho, the more our enemies will be taken by surprise. Then we can resummon Byakko... "

Her voice trailed off, as if she were thinking about some consequences far ahead. Amefuri thought some thing the lady might have said affected her deeply, but to what he had no idea. Blinking Amefuri nodded.
" Agree... less blood if we leave now. Get needs and go."
Kyra smiled, her expression magically lifting from grim to lightening welcome. She always had adored the way Amefuri managed to speak partial english although it was difficult for him, and yet sounded so wise and noble as he spoke.

"Sounds fine.." Another of the warriors said.

Discothéque
17th January 2003, 03:35 PM
Akuji - Tatara
~
The jagged cuts deep within my skin now did not the show, the pain of broken bones disappeared, and now I felt something odd on my body. Glancing down towards my hands, leather gauntlets covered them, the fingers perfectly smooth and somewhat pointed edges. Near the wrist, and a bit to the arm were spikes, leaning towards the front yet dangerously sharp. The rough leather cover my fingers and the palm of my hands was a simple black, and the rest a metallic silver, glimmering in the faint shine of light within the building.

This caused my lips to pull back in a grin as to see my lower arm, wrist and hands protected so harshly. Though the enemies did have a fondness of attacking my restraining my wrists. Just now as I noticed, painted across on the palm of these gauntlets was a pure white herb leaf; one of the many kinds of healing herbs, as if showing what my ability was. Raising my head quickly, gaze scanning curiously over the other warriors, I gave a curt nod, the smile I once wore faded.

Now we were to set out once more.
-
(That good, Shadow-Fox? ^^;...)

Elemental Seribii
17th January 2003, 04:50 PM
I'm really sorry for not posting! ^-^;

-Shuu - Kokie-
-----------------------
The two robed figures advanced, while I feigned innocence with my wide eyes.
"Eh, this is a Warrior of Byakko?" The larger one said, as he took out a dagger, and pressed the flat blade to my right cheek. Twisting it around before I could react, he slid the knife down my cheek for a second, before whipping it back and preparing for battle. He left a crimson line, that I could feel trickle down my cheek. His partner cackled, and grinned.
"Yeah, we got the runt. The others at least, had some kind of weapon. She's..." He checked for anything potentially dangerous. "Got a flute." He laughed harshly.

My vision blurred and my head throbbing, I started to play a shrill, cold tune, that sliced through the rest of the surrounding sound.
The two assassins stared at me, as I saw something shake their bodies, like an invisible earthquake. One man tried to move, but was stopped by transparent bonds. I saw the astonished terror and frustration. I raised an eyebrow, and watched at their eyes, rolling, followed my lifting of the flute once more. Now it was a sickly sweet melody, that instantly slashed the bonds.

My two 'friends' looked at each other, then me, and ran, escaping the Summoning Room. I shook my head, and watched them run, before turning back to the others.

After the lecture from the old lady, I looked at my gift. It was a surprisingly small, leather bound book, with the same floral pattern on the cover and back as my flute. Opening the book, most of the pages were blank, except for two, where another piece of music was written in neat handwriting, but nothing else. Flipping through the rest of the pages, just to make sure, I found nothing. Though, attached to the spine, was a peacock feather quill. Closing the book, I suddenly realised that my cut no longer hurt, and my head had stopped pounding.

So, we were off again...

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
18th January 2003, 06:23 AM
Tokaki/Ryu Masato
----------

"YOU NEED A FACELIFT!!!!!" Tokaki yelled after the scary old hag-goddess-woman-thing. He'd heard tales from Tasuki-sama of the old Suzaku shichiseishi that she tended to single one of the seven warriors out and abuse them (Tasuki-sama had been the unfortunate one during his summoning, apparently, he'd sympathised perfectly).

He was supposed to have received something from that old hag, but he didn't feel any different, and he was pretty sure she hadn't given him anything solid. Evil old hag!!

EXCUSE ME, WHAT DID YOU JUST THINK?! A husky, age-hardened voice suddenly reverbrated through his entire being, deafening every other impulse. I AM NOT OLD! YOU, MY FRIEND, ARE ALMOST EXACTLY LIKE THAT INSUFFERABLE REDHEADED EXCUSE FOR A SUZAKU SHICHISEISHI WHO IS UNFORTUNATELY STILL ALIVE AND BREATHI-

The old hag was... there?! Her lingering presence was, at the very least.

Of course I am! You FOOL! You are SO annoyi-

"GAH!" Tokaki could feel his mind bending and squelching around, trying to find somewhere to hide from Taiitsukun's tirade. Damn, it hurt!

Everyone else in the hall stared at him as he tried to hide behind the altar, whimpering.

"Um... Tokaki... did you consume too much toffee today or something...?" ventured Subaru.

"No, I'm getting a lecture from the old hag- OW! - what does it LOOK like?!"

"I don't hear anything," stated Karasuki flatly.

"What, isn't she yelling loud enough? She's telling me now that I'm a lily-livered idiot who doesn't know how to recognize new talents and free gifts even when they look me in the face- oh. Okay. Can you shut up now? Please? Fine, I'll lose the old hag nickname thing. Fine, I'll call you Taiitsukun-sama. Please pretty please stop mentally twisting my ear."

He sat up, grinning lopsidedly. His cerebrum ached with the brunt of the old lady's mental equivalent of punishment, but he was still alert enough to catch the general gist of the seishi's trains of thought. "We're going now? Oh, goooood. I'll just go help with the food supplies in the kitchen, shall I?... Gotta make sure they don't forget the candy."
-----------
Er. I think his telepathy is a little more specific now... but on the downside, if enemies have a stronger will than his, his mental processes may be crippled if they decide to exert their own abilities. Something like that.

18th January 2003, 08:49 PM
Minako Masaki - F - Subaru
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The glowing orb that was in front of me a few moments ago had bursted into a million shards of light. I could feel some of them dance on my wound, and the pain that had once burdened my body was now gone. The others seem to have floated around my chest, going through the material that covered my body and seeping through my skin and rib cage, entering my heart and leaving me with a warm feeling inside.

I looked at the others after Taiitsukun had left. Karasuki had a pair of wrist bands, and I could tell from the look in his eyes that this way something exciting to him. Amefuri’s wings had changed in appearance, more beautiful then before. Tatara had gained leather gauntlets that, indeed seen to please her from the grin that played on her lips. Kokie had a leather book in her hands, flipping through it curious. I could not see Toroki’s gift, be it hidden from my site or not a physical gift. And after Tokaki’s little un-sugar high outburst, I figured that his gift was nothing I could see either.

I didn’t pay much attention to Tokaki’s comment on the food supplies for our journey. I was more interested in the growing feeling in my heart. It had never left since the light had entered my body, and the feeling of the warm sun shining on my body still danced in my heart.

I pressed my hand over my heart. I could feel the heat from my heart upon my hand in what felt like my seishi symbol. Blinking, I removed my hand and looked down. I could see the glow of my seishi symbol through my shirt.

Subaru… Your powers, as you have known for a long time, have come from your heart. Your powers act upon your heart’s wishes. That is the reason why your seishi symbol resides above your heart. Yet, you have troubles opening your heart, limiting your powers from their full potential. I have helped unlock your heart more, yet it is up to you to do the rest. Keep your heart open and let your heart guild you true. That’s what makes you a seishi of the byakko no miko Subaru. That’s what makes you blessed.

‘The eyes are the window to the soul.’ I though. And if anyone looked deep into my eyes right now, I was sure that they would see my gift, the physical change that happened inside instead of out.

I turned to the others, and looked at the priestess. It had finally sunk in that this was not our last hour together, the last hour that I was dreading for that last few hours. No, it was the first of many hours to come that we will all spend…together

Shadow-Fox
19th January 2003, 04:34 PM

I had started packing up early. I couldn't bear standing in the Temple anymore. We had failed a first attempt. Horrible. We got a second chance by luck. Luck was all we had. I only wished we wouldn't be un-lucky. If that was the case, our entire plans for Byakko... And maybe even our lives... Could go right down the drain.

"Ne!" yelled a familiar voice. "Karasuki-kun! No da!"

Chichiri hurried up to me from behind. "Why so glum? No da?" he asked me.

"Kutô attacked us before we could summon Byakko," I said. "Taiitsukun gave us a second chance, but I can't help but think that this was my fault, somehow."

"I guess the guards aren't as strong as they used to be," Chichiri sighed. He handed me a small bundle. "Take these to the horses? No da?"

I shivered. "Right... Horses..."

Chichiri frowned slightly. "Are you all right? No da?"

I forced a smile. "I'm perfectly fine! Nothing to worry about!"
~~~
"AAAAAHHHHHH!!!! HALP MEEE!!! IT'S A DEMON FROM HELL!!!"

I was staring face-to-face with an ugly brute. His amber eyes bored into my own. He laughed in his own language, tossing his head from side to side, almost hitting me with his nose. The long hairs on his neck were blown softly in the wind, and his long ears twitched. He stamped one of his four feet angrily, allowing the hoof to hit the cobblestone. Behind him, a long tail swished slightly. *Fissh-fissh-fissh*

"HA-A-A-AAAAALP!!!"

The bags were tossed aside carelessly as I faced down the one thing I feared most. I shuddered and took some steps away from the demonic animal. But I was stopped.

"Damn, kid," groaned a red-haired man, sighing. "When it comes to this type of thing, you're worse off than me over water. And that's sayin' somethin'!"

Tasuki, the other Suzaku Seishi in Sairou (the other one still alive in our world, also), walked up to the horse that had stared me down, stroking its nose. I could hear both Tasuki and the horse laughing at me.

Well, exCUSE me! It's not MY fault a horse nearly ran me over when I was five! I hate horses. Demons of hell. That's what they are. Here only to snap an innocent bystander's back.

... Okay, so it hadn't snapped my back. But it would have if I hadn't rolled out of the way beforehand! I hated horses since then.

I only hoped nobody else had seen my near-brush with death. Of course, they probably have.

"Karasuki!" Tasuki snapped. "Make yourself useful and bring out more bags! It's obvious you can't strap 'em onto th' horse, so jus' drag 'em out!"

"Yeah, yeah," I growled, walking back into the palace for more luggage.
~~~~~
In case you missed it, Karasuki's afraid of horses.

Bulbasaur4
19th January 2003, 04:48 PM
3rrrd personna again!! woo!!!

Kyra - Princess

Kyra blinked, standing in the stables in her regular garments which they had given to her. Kimino-like outfit of course... not the original things they found Kyra in- she stood out too much they said. Like she didn't stand out already... with 7 warriors always near her, one of them a beast that isn't supposed to exist. But Kyra didn't mind... the dark blue kimino was rather comfortable.

"Dear Karasuki..."
She smiled, as he got up and brushed himself off. He gazed at her and Kyra saw him shake his head.

" If you stare them down like that it makes horses nervous..." She continued, going up to a horse which they said she could ride. It was an elegant white horse, with speckes or flakes of brown spots around the bottom of it's hooves and streaks of brown in parts of it's main and tail. Kyra patted the horse gently, as the horse looked at her with it's honey-dew eyes and knickered happily.

"See? If you be nice to them... they'll be nice to you."
Karasuki sighed..
" Unless they run you over first..." Kyra giggled, as suddenly Amefuri entered the stable. His piercing yet noble green-eyed gaze flickered about, until they rested upon Karasuki.

"Problems horses again..."
He stated plainly, and shook his head. Karasuki gazed about at all the horses... as if expecting the all to suddenly stampede about.
"What are you doing?" Kyra asked, standing by the white horse still with a confused look on her face. He shook his head as he gazed annoyingly at Amefuri.
" Sure, I come here and the horses freak out... but Amefuri, who is a huge, wolf-like creature with fire upon his back walks in here and they barely pay him attention..."

Amefuri snorted with what Kyra sensed was laughter as he turned his gaze to Karasuki.
" They respect me... I do not fear them nor plan to ride. They pick on weak or fear."

With that Amefuri went to Kyra and dropped some thing upon the ground. Kyra bent down to pick it up, to see a small, leather-knapsack.
" They said ... all you need in there. I bring it so us all can go now. All Seishis ready..."

Amefuri then non-chalantly left the stable, but flickering his gaze back so to always see Kyra to make sure she didn't suddenly disappear.

Shadow-Fox
21st January 2003, 02:54 PM

"They pick on weak or fear?" I asked silently. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Kyra giggled to herself. Her horse started towards the exit. I found myself nervously backing away. Kyra's horse looked into my eyes. I felt a shiver climb up my back.

"Calm down, Karasuki," Kyra said. "Here, do you wanna ride with me?"

"No, thanks," I said bluntly. "I'll walk."

Kyra faked a pout. "So you don't like me?"

"Wait," I said. "I didn't mean it like that! I don't not like you. I mean, heck, I love you---"

I whirled around in embarrassment. "YOU SET ME UP!" I yelled. "That is not fair, Kyra!"

Only then did a strange thought stick in my head. Kyra was much more beautiful in the kimono than she was in her normal, her-world outfit. I'm not saying she was never beautiful. But something about our style seemed to make her prettiness shine a lot brighter. She really looked like she came from Sairou. Which was a lot more than I could say for myself.

I grew up elsewhere. Not Sairou, though. And I won't say anything more there.

"Karasuki," Kyra called out. "How long are you going to be in there?"

Kyra was far ahead on the horse. Not wanting to mess with the demons of hell, I hurried forward. I spaced myself pretty far away from Kyra's horse. I don't want that thing kicking me. That's happened before. But not with that horse. No, some other horse. A black horse. Damn soldiers.

I think I'll walk for however long I need to walk before we reach Konan for that Shinzaho thing. I don't need a horse. If I get tired, I'll walk it off. No pain, no gain. No guts, no glory.

Riiiiiiight...

This is going to be one hell of a long trip. Kutô'd probably already figured out where we're headed, anyway.It's be a problem if they did... Ah, well. Makes my job more exciting.

And takes my mind off the horses. Those things are demonic! I don't care what Kyra says, horses are evil!
~~~~~

Discothéque
21st January 2003, 04:05 PM
Akaija - Tatara
~
Sitting quietly within the stables as the priestess and another of the warriors, Karasuki, had left my gaze looked towards all the gathered regal horses. Some of soft pearly velvet, others of shadow twilight, all different shades and hues. Fine creatures they were, as they went about doing what do everyday. Raising a hand to meet the mane of one of the steeds, black as coal, his long and soft mane a glistening metallic.

"Ah, horses. Lovely creatures," smirking softly at the thought Karasuki was terrified of them, I looked to the stallion's piercing blue eyes as he nickered and tossed his head back as if to prove a point. "So you find it amusing too, hm?"

Stamping hooves firmly on the ground, the stallion tossed his head up and down, neighing loudly every few seconds. His stringy tail beat against his hide as he moved, muscles within his haunches rippling along to each movement of long and slender limbs. Slightly pointed ears pinned back against his skull, nostrils flared, long snout parted slightly. The horses' mane was now ruffled and parted to each side of his broad neck, and tossed over his eyes.

I laughed softly, patting the side of his neck, then glanced around. It seemed no one else was here.

Bulbasaur4
21st January 2003, 10:09 PM
Amefuri –M- Warrior

Amefuri glanced back, as Karasuki camed stumbling out around Kyra but made sure to stay a good amount away from Kyra’s horse. Amefuri snorted, knowing that if he planned to keep up that walking pace with everyone who was riding horses, he would tire out and be of no use to them if they were to battle.

” Funny human…” Amefuri growled, as he shook his head side to side. His piercing, emerald green eyes washed over the scene as the warriors were about ready to leave. Withdrawing a huge breath, Amefuri slowly padded over to Karasuki, who seemed to ease up to see that it was a big, furried wolf warrior walkign towards him other then a demonic horse.

“Oh… umm, hey Amefuri.” Karasuki gave a quick smile, as Amefuri rolled his eyes but had a slight smirk on his doggish features. His slowly spread his now red-tipped stained wings and gave a slight nod as his fire upon his neck seemed to hungrily eat at the air.

” You will be easy to pick off for enemy. Walking tires any human out. If afraid of pathetic horses, I allow you to ride me.”
Karasuki’s eyes practically buldged out. Amefuri turned around as if to offer his strong back as he lowered his wings (Amefuri is about the size of a medium horse as far as height, but even bigger counting fur and muscle.) His thick, plush and white-furried tail swished at the air.

” Fire upon my neck will not burn unless I want. I will not want it to burn with you on. Trust. You ride, will not tire me out.”

(Lol, I felt sorry for Karasuki!)

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
22nd January 2003, 08:13 AM
Tokaki/Ryu Masato
---------------

"Five gold."

"Twoooooo."

"Three gold, and no lower."

"Pretty pretty please with a cherry on top?" Tokaki gave the sweetmeat vendor his best puppy-dog-eyes look. He was broke, just like he always was, and his worldly possessions largely consisted of what was on him at the moment, and for the last half-an-hour, the two gold pieces in his hand. He'd been relying on his status as a Byakko Seishi to earn his keep since he was fourteen, but he remembered the hard life on the streets and the gangs and the painful things that went on in dark alleyways that the rich never entered, and felt guilty whenever he got any allowance. On the other hand, the dim workings of his street-brat's mind recognized a good thing when he was onto one, so he usually took two gold pieces, for sugar, and gave the rest back.

Back to matters at hand...

The lady had visibly softened. "I'll give you two gold and fifty coins, and that's slitting my own throat!"

Tokaki whimpered. "But but but but I don't have fifty coins! Do you take credit?"

"I think about now you owe me fifty gold in your credit history. I have kids to bring up, you know!"

He started whining. Ten minutes later, he tried begging with a pathetic expression on his face. Much much later he'd walked away with half the amount of the vendor's toffee apples.

That was settled, then. He was ready for whatever the world outside Sairou had to hit him with, if he didn't finish his sweets first.

Shadow-Fox
25th January 2003, 08:32 PM
ACK! Sorry!

I stared at Amefuri in surprise. Me... Ride him? Well... He wasn't a horse, so I guess it'd be fine. I guess.

I carefully climbed onto Amefuri's back. His firey mane felt strangely cool-ish. It was kinda neat. Of course, I almost laughed at myself. I wasn't afraid to ride a strange wolf-like thing with wings, but I couldn't stand the sight of horses. Of course, there is one huge difference that makes me more afraid of horses than Amefuri. Namely the feet. Amefuri doesn't have diamond-hard shoes on that are ready to stamp on somebody when the moment was right.

No, he has fire and claws. But I trust Amefuri. And I haven't trusted a single horse since I was five. Since I nearly got run over. Since a horse nearly kicked me shortly after that. Since a horse really did kick me a year after that.

I didn't realize I was moving. Amefuri had walked up next to Kyra. It felt kind of neat to ride on Amefuri. It was different to me. I couldn't surpress the wide smile that lit my face up completely. Kyra stared at me.

"Having fun, Karasuki?" she mused.

I nodded happily. "I'm not afraid of this guy throwing me off and attempting to run me over."

"Horses don't do that," Kyra insisted.

"They did when I was five," I murmured.

"They pick on fear," Amefuri said. "Don't show fear, horses won't kill you."

"... I knew horses could kill!" I declared.

"Karasuki, I think Amefuri wasn't serious about horses killing people," Kyra said, rolling her eyes.

I chose not to continue the horse conversation. "So, are all of the warriors together yet?"

"Tatara and Tokaki are ready," Amefuri answered. "The others... Still preparing."

I nodded and gazed off into the distance. This was going to be very fun. Very unpredictable, considering Tokaki's energetic self, our quiet warriors, and me riding a beast because I didn't want to ride a demon. Very unpredictable, dangerous, and very fun. What else was there to say?

I had everything I needed. I was so ready for the trip.

"Amefuri!" I said suddenly. "Not so close to the horse! Please?"
~~~~~

Arnen
25th January 2003, 08:43 PM
OoC: OMGOMGOMG I'm sooo sorry for not posting ^-^' I'll just fast-forward Toroki a little bit then... And, um, we get a new power thingy right? Um, Toroki can shape his energy beam thingies into deifferent shapes now, zat ok?

~^*Toroki*^~

I strode from the Temple, my things slung in a leather bag over my shoulder. From what I gathered from the scene before me, Karasuki was highly phobic of horses and would be riding Amefuri instead. A small smile tugged at the corners of my mouth. This trip would be very interesting...

Discothéque
25th January 2003, 09:06 PM
Akuji - Tatara
~
Wind whipped against my face as the scenary blurred past, almost as if it wasn't there, simply flicking into view and then fading away without a reminder. Dust picked up from behind, my braid wavering behind, sometimes lashing against my sides and back. Faded azure eyes watched ahead, the blazing mane of Amefuri as if a star guiding, far away yet so close.

"'Allo, 'allo!" I called to the two warriors and the priestess ahead, leaping from the back of the horse I was on and leading him ahead. Karasuki glanced back, twitching slightly, then grasped Amefuri's fiery mane even more than he already was. "Don't tell me you're afraid of Twilight Illusion," a smirk danced on my lips.

Silence. "It has a name!" he suddenly whimpered, giving the midnight-toned horse a sideways glance. The broad-chested horse though simply snorted, tossing back his head.

Hmm... I wonder where everyone else is.

Elemental Seribii
26th January 2003, 04:34 AM
Eep!

-Shuu - Kokie-
----------------
After finding my bag, I whistled softly as I packed my few belongings. These were mostly a few music 'books' (more like pieces of paper bound together), and a few other things. I also put my flute in there, put kept my new book and a few sheets of music out.

I finally met up with the others, and mounted one of the smaller horses, a grey one with black markings on his legs. Karasuki was looking at us nervously, as if we were asking for death. I smiled, and moved the horse foward a little, to be at the same level with the others.

I took my hands off of the reins, and half-felt and half-just-knew that Karasuki shuddered. I leaned back into the saddle, and started to copy one of the pieces of music into the book. Must of been just luck that it came with a quill, and that it already had ink in it...nah. Must of been the magic of that...old lady, whatever she was.

As I continued to copy, I found a note that I must of missed earlier:

Kokie,
This book has a few magical properties. To use them, you must name the music, it will be yours to decide what it does. Good luck.

I looked at the book in confusion, and shrugged. I'd guess I'd have to figure it out for myself.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
26th January 2003, 06:14 AM
*drools* Xelloooooooooossssssssss @@
Enishi: --; Nuts.
Kaoru: *pokes with broom* Yep, nuts.
-------------
Tokaki/Ryu Masato
-----------------

Horses were okay; they seemed to like candy, too. Tokaki was feeling generous, so he made a round of the equines and gave each one a sugar lump, grinning when Karasuki tried to hide behind Amefuri as one of the more excitable stallions whinnied loudly and stamped its foot. "If you're that scared of 'em, just bribe the lot so's they won't kick you in the head," he said happily.

His own mount was liver chestnut with flaxen mane and tail. It was also a mare, and according to Tokaki her name was Peach Pie. (Actually, it was Requiescat Memorial, but owing to Tokaki's determined mispronounciation of that particular label, the stablehand had given and told him it was actually Peach Pie. Tokaki being Tokaki, he'd agreed that it was a wonderful name, and wasn't she such a sweet horsie!)

Peach Pie seemed to be pretty docile. Nevertheless, Karasuki visibly flinched as Tokaki rode past him at high speed.

"Sennnnnnnnd me a letter whennnnnnn ya caaaatch up!!!!!"
-----------
Yes, the inner demons in us all like to torture poor Karasuki. ^^;

Discothéque
26th January 2003, 01:33 PM
Akuji - Tatara
~
A wisp smirk followed wistful gaze, the reins of Twilight Illusion twisted, once more a soft pressure weighing in upon his stout back. Following the stamping of hooves was a nicker, echoing with a certain pride and loudness, yet glazed with a gentle nature. Stringy tail, a pure brilliant silver waved slowly behind as the majestic steed tossed his head back, ears perked and twitching as to catch every little sound buzzing past.

One hand clamped around to the side of sleek ebony fur covering broad-boned neck, as I patted it softly, amusingly peering at the land ahead. "Illusion, head on." the words, whispered a bit, caused the massive stallion to rear back before front hooves crashed upon the ground and carried us forward.

"Wha!" Karasuki whined, still clutching onto Amefuri, who's narrowed eyes rolled to the back of his skull at the taunting of the poor warrior afraid of horses.

"Sorry Kar'!" I called back, smirking, as the deep midnight stallion continued on. Ahead was the smaller mare of Tokaki, fur of chestnut, shining brightly as she ran at a quick pace. "Hey," the thin line across my face changed into a grin, as Tokaki turned around for a split second to look towards the black steed and me, his spikey hair pointing in all directions.

Amusing it was, the wildness of the white-toned hair. Glancing behind, I noticed Kyra, Karasuki, Amefuri and Kokie were still plainly in sight, just to the back. Obviously they had quickened their pace to try to keep up in this "game" of some sorts. The others were still no where in sight, but they had to be around somewhere; most likely waiting to bound out at any moment and scare the hell out of us.

Bulbasaur4
26th January 2003, 03:10 PM
Amefuri (Neferia) - M - Warrior

Amefuri watched with a slight amusement as Karasuki was tormened by the various horses going by. Although he respected the human warrior a great deal, he couldn't help but smirk to himself as horses would past by and he would flinch in horror as if to think they would suddenly capture his soul and torture it for enternity. Tokaki whizzed past... thinking of a racing game as he taunted Karasuki by telling him that he would send a letter. Tatara also decided to join in, the hooves of the horse dug into the ground and both rider and horse took off.

"Demonsssss..." Karasuki mumbled, as Amefuri decided not to comment about horses anymore. Instead his ears perked forward as Kyra laughed.
"They sure like to go fast..." And Amefuri snorted, but then was surprised to find her elegant, cantering ivory-white horse suddenly take off as she urged it forward. Although she did not urge her horse nearly as fast as Tatara or Tokaki, she still went faster. Her wild, blonde-like hair whipped in the wind as Karasuki cringed as dust flew up from the hooves.
"We should keep up!" kyra shouted back, in an innocent yet playful way. Amerfuri growled..
"they should be slowing down.."

Karasuki however, did not slow Amefuri down. in fact, the idea that Karasuki was upon his back did not effect him at all. He was a massive wolven beast, about the size of those horses the warriors... well, (most) of hte warriors were using. Karasuki was nothing but a slight weight change that effected little to nothing of his stature.
"We'll show 'em.."
Amefuri suddenly smirked, lowering hsi head so as to cover his neck as he suddenlyl stopped in his brisk walk.
"wh-waht are you doing? What are you saying?!" Karasuki suddenly said, his voice panicked a little... but still not sure of what Amefuri was meaning.
" They want us to go faster... we'll go faster. "
With that, Amefuri dug his claws into the ground and suddenly his huge wings dipped in the essensce of crimson spread out to their full capacity, almost knocking a fellow warrior over. Bending them slightly to face behind him, so not to stop his speed of running, Amefuri then dug his paws to the ground and tore off and a very quick pace.

The wind rippled through his fur as the fire danced upon his neck gleefully, and his feathers shinned in the sun. Karasuki held and clutched his neck even tighter, as the rhythem of his gait grew ever steady, slightly going faster with each pound of a paw. Then his wings raised upwards... and Amefuri bunched up his massive hind legs, and then suddenly he made a terrorfying leap into the air with amazing grace. As he did so, and was at his peak of his jump (which was very high indeed), his massive wings came swooping in a downwards motion, blowing dust up from the ground with the impact of the wind hitting the road. Instantly Amefuri's body shot into the air... and he flew as his wings steadily thrummed up and down. Speed for Amefuri was by far quicker in the air...as he then flew above Kyra, Tatara and Tokaki, occasionly doing circles as Karasuki shrieked at the motion.

"Relax Karasuki... feel the wind and the air of the earth. 'Tis cool to the soul... plus the view is very generous."
Amerfuri replied cooly.

Arnen
26th January 2003, 07:26 PM
~^*Toroki*^~

After looking over the horses, I decided on an all-black stallion named Midnight. After quickly tacking up my chosen mount and making sure the saddlebags were secure, I mounted and rode over to the others.

"Are we going to sit around here all DAY?" I asked firmly but evenly. Impatiently, I rode off for a few laps around the Temple.

Shadow-Fox
28th January 2003, 05:30 PM
Nabs, I think we kind already left... And apparently, so has Subaru, concerning this RPG. Damn.

I'll admit it right now, I thought I was going to have a heart attack when Amefuri took to the skies like he did. He obviously felt me tensing up as I looked down. He told me to relax and enjoy the ride, basically. I bit my lip and stared down at my friends. I gripped Amefuri's neck tighter. We were so high up. I wasn't really afraid of heights, myself. (Just horses.) But being so high up on a huge half-wolven creature kinda makes you think, 'okay, this is maybe a little bit too freaky here.'

But, I'll admit it, I was having the time of my life.

The wind whipped pleasantly through my hair. It was maybe a bit too cool for me, if anything, but the whole thing could only be explained in one word.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Of course, I'd die before I actually said 'whee'. I'd rather jump from Amefuri's back onto a horse before I let that word escape my lips. But it was the one word on my mind as I got used to the concept of flying on Amefuri. But I was having a blast. A childish grin lit my face as Amefuri flew in another circle. My grip tightened, of course. Wouldn't want to fall down and be a smudge on the road before the horses stomp on me.

It always goes back to those horses, doesn't it?

I gazed off into the distance. There was nothing but green all over the place. It made me thankful Amefuri offered me a ride. That looked like a long way to walk. I wouldn't last, and everybody's constantly be teasing me about not riding those horses. Why did they choose to tease me?

I shrugged it off. I was having fun. That'd be good for a while, right? Right?

My gaze fell on Kyra. Would she be all right? Only Kokie's back there to watch out for her, maybe Toroki. The others were racing their horses, with Kyra attempting to keep up.

Amefuri seemed to have the same impression. Every so often, he'd shift his gaze to Kyra. Almost like a big puppy-dog big brother. I smirked at the thought.
~~~~~

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
29th January 2003, 10:01 AM
One little, stupid question... do the Byakko shichiseishi and miko have any idea where to begin searching for the Shinzaho? Are we heading to Konan, or do we go to the upper-country-that's-Genbu's-territory? ^-^;;; *is dumb*
Xelloss: Sore wa himitsu desu! ^_^
-------------
Tokaki/Ryu Masato
-----------------

Tokaki happened to be paying rather more attention to the right side of Tatara's face than the foliage ahead. (Not a good sign.)

Peach Pie tried not to let her rider's obvious lack of foresight mar her superb abilities of judging distances between herself and trees. She was aware that although humans were supposed to rank higher than equines, and above all the rule one for horses was to obey their rider, she wouldn't appreciate connecting with solid hard oak, and neither would Tokaki.

Kyra and Tatara both did the classic 'O_o;;' facefault pose as Tokaki collided with a low-hanging tree branch, Peach Pie having sidestepped the tree but neglecting its heavy branches. He had little yellow chicks running around in circles above his spikey head. He thought he could hear them twittering.

Oops.

Discothéque
31st January 2003, 09:06 PM
Akuji - Tatara
~
Pulling back along the reins of the majestic black stallion, who reared and nickered loudly, causing the large horse to jerk to a sudden halt of movement. Twisting around slightly, hooves clapping along the ground as the steed sidestepped skillfully, stringy tassel whipping against his musculed hide. Clicking my tongue softly against the roof of my mouth, my hand patted softly at the horse's broad neck, my gaze amusedly watching Tokaki dizzily sitting on the ground.

"You know... you should be careful. Whatta concept, eh?" my voice, glazed with sweet amusement, drifted through the air as if a sharp blade and wasn't carried by any more than that. Laughing softly, with a nod, I leapt down from elegant Twilight Illusion and helped the other warrior up. "One day you're going to seriously hurt yourself, Tokaki." once more I grinned.
-
Sorry for the short post. ><