PDA

View Full Version : New team (Due to TM loss in last file...)

Marl
31st January 2004, 01:50 AM
Heya. I'll just post my notes file here and it oughta explain roughly why I am doing what with each pokemon... etc...

Feedback much appreciated. Oh and I was thinking of putting a gardevoir in there somewhere but haven't decided...

Anyways:

Last Updated: 1/2/04

Weaknesses:

2X Fighting
2X Ground

1X Grass
1X Electric
1X Water
1X Rock
1X Ice
1X Dragon
1X Bug

Milotic: Marvel Scale
----------------------
Light Screen (Breed w/Corsola TM)
Ice Beam (TM)
Recover
Surf (HM)

Holding: Nevermelt Ice (?)

Basic Idea: Uses light screen then attacks and recovers when
neccessary.

EVs Into: Defences perhaps... for longer lasting in battle, or into
defence and special attack?

Ninetales: Flash Fire
---------------------
Fire Blast (TM)
Will-O-wisp
Confuse Ray
Protect (TM)

Holding: Leftovers

Basic Idea: Starts with will-o-wisp then confuse ray then cycles
through protect, fire blast and confuse ray when needed.

EVs Into: Defences, both of them at their maximum and any
remaining EVs into HP.

Zangoose: Immunity
--------------------
Quick Attack
Shadow Ball (Breed w/Spinda via Sableye)
Brick Break (TM)
Swords Dance

Holding: Anti-Burn Berry

Basic Idea: Swords dances then attacks at will. Has brick break
for further type coverage... rather than leaving it open to steel type
pokemon.

EVs Into: Attack and speed most likely...

Raichu: Static
--------------
Thunderwave
Focus punch (TM)
Thunderbolt
Encore (Breed w/Slakoth)

Holding: Blackbelt (?)

Basic Idea: Thunderwaves when possible then encores and when
they're stuck not attacking it uses focus punch as much as possible.

EVs Into: Special Attack and speed I think...

Flygon: Levitate
----------------
Earthquake (TM)
Fire Blast (TM)
Return (TM)
Rest (TM)

Holding: Wake-up Berry

Basic Idea: Basically it makes use of its high attack and uses rest
and or fire blast when appropriate.

EVs Into: Attack and probably Special Defence...

Absol: Pressure
----------------
Swords Dance
Shadow Ball (TM)
Aerial Ace (TM)
Return (TM)

Holding: Focus Band

Basic Idea: Swords dances then attacks.

EVs Into: Speed and Attack.

Anyways thanks ahead of time for your feedback! Let me know if I made any mistakes (like I think Flygon has a higher attack than special attack... but I was unsure...) later days!

DragonLover
31st January 2004, 09:30 AM
All seems ok, except i really suggest Fireblast over Flamethrower on Ninetales, and on Absol you need aerial ace, you can put it over baton-pass, unless you want him to BP swordsdance then find another move it replace it, because believe me Aerial Ace on Absol is Vital

Edit: Try not to use the items which boost types of attack, because theyre practically useless, the boost they give is tiny if not non-existant

Marl
31st January 2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by DragonLover
All seems ok, except i really suggest Fireblast over Flamethrower on Ninetales, and on Absol you need aerial ace, you can put it over baton-pass, unless you want him to BP swordsdance then find another move it replace it, because believe me Aerial Ace on Absol is Vital

Edit: Try not to use the items which boost types of attack, because theyre practically useless, the boost they give is tiny if not non-existant

*nodnods* Well I might go with fireblast or overheat on Ninetales... any comments on which'd be better?

Aerial ace on absol huh...? Didn't realise it could learn that... and most of my pokemon with physical attacks do have swords dance themselves anyways... so I suppose it doesn't need baton pass...

And yeah, I know those items for boosting attack aren't great but there aren't many other choices... yet anyways... This is in game and I preffer not to repeat items like leftovers as stadium tends to ban that anyways... (and I'm too lazy to change them there ;))

Thankyou!

DragonLover
31st January 2004, 08:42 PM
If you max out the PP of Fireblast itll do alot better than Overheat, and as for items try using those like choice band, scope lens etc.., i cant help you there since i dont know anything about them

Marl
1st February 2004, 01:17 AM
Yeah I thought about using that choice band on Flygon but it didn't seem like it would work as well... not my kinda item anywho... I'd prolly end up getting annoyed with it if I could even earn it! lol... As for scope lens I still haven't found that either... but thanks. I think I will go with fire blast too, it is one of my favourite old attacks, lol... I preffer it over flamethrower visually speaking... though it's not my downright favourite move animation of all time...

There's a thought... maybe I'll post a topic about what everybody's fav move animation is later. prolly already been done tho, lol... :D

Marl
5th February 2004, 05:11 AM
That's all the comments? Okies, I am officially giving this one day then I'm gunna start breeding Pokemon...

last chance to tell me I suck ;) *grins* Seriously though, thanks for your feedback and all. take care of yourselves!

Mutant_Slugma
18th February 2004, 12:07 PM
Ninetales: Flash Fire
---------------------
Fire Blast (TM)
Will-O-wisp
Confuse Ray
Protect (TM)

I think will-o-wisp and confuse ray are incompatible, since burn halves attack and the confusion damage is based on attack...

You could use will-o-wisp for physical attackers and confuse ray for the others though...

TheParadox
22nd February 2004, 04:46 AM
I think will-o-wisp and confuse ray are incompatible, since burn halves attack and the confusion damage is based on attack...

??? does confusion work better on higher attack?? Is this true for Spec Attack as well??

ShockingAlberto
22nd February 2004, 08:02 AM
It doesn't matter for special attack, no.

So, say, a confused Salamence will hurt himself for more HP than a confused Cradily.

-- ShockingAlberto

AndrewPDes
22nd February 2004, 10:39 PM
The reason for this is that the pokemon attacks itself, using its ATK score against its DEF score. Thus, a pokemon with low DEF EV's and high ATK EV's is very vulnerable to confusion.

Nace
25th February 2004, 12:33 AM
It's not there to inflict damage! Granted, they do less damage to themselves, but say you're against a physical attacker- would you rather:

a) get hit 100% of the time with 50% of the power
b) get hit 50% of the time with 100% of the power
-or-
c) get hit 50% of the time with 50% of the power :yes:

Not to mention the damage the burn inflicts! Defensively speaking, it's a good strategy. Ninetales isn't an all-out attacker you know... :rolleyes:

AndrewPDes
26th February 2004, 06:19 PM
A very good point, especialy if the enemy is a physical sweeper, in which case it's attack stat will probably be boosted from BPers and a hit on itself will deal plenty of damage anyway.