PDA

View Full Version : Deoxys Found!

Dark Sage
31st January 2004, 08:26 AM
Serebii has just confirmed good news. Deoxys is present - and catchable - in Fire Red/Leaf Green.

First you have to get to the Eighth Rainbow Island (that may require something like the Eon Ticket - we don't know yet). On the Eight Island you can catch both Lugia and Ho-oh.

But a Ninth Rainbow Island has been found. (Exactly what you do to get to it isn't clear.) Once there, you simply have to solve an easy puzzle, and Deoxys appears.

She'll be level 30, so catching her should be easy compaired to the 70th-level Lugia and Ho-oh (bring some Dark pokemon).

- Venusaur

HavoX
31st January 2004, 08:46 AM
How do you know it's a "she" http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/confused.gif

Don't Run With Scizors
31st January 2004, 09:49 AM
How do you know it's a "she"

Figure of speech. Kinda like how people refer to ships using feminine pronouns.

Anyway, at L30 Deoxys' moves are Psychic, Pursuit, Knock Off, and Snatch, in case anybody was wondering.

EDIT: I take that back. The above list is what Deoxys would have had - if it were in Ruby\Sapphire. But in Fire Red\Leaf Green, it has a new level-up list:

Starts with: Leer, Wrap

L5: Night Shade
L10: Teleport
L15: Taunt
L20: Pursuit
L25: Psychic
L30: Superpower
L35: Cosmic Power
L40: Zap Cannon
L45: Psycho Boost
L50: Hyper Beam

So at L30, it would have Superpower, Psychic, Pursuit, and Taunt. Thanks to Superpower, bringing a Dark-type might not be the best choice after all...

EmpressMyuu
31st January 2004, 11:02 AM
And it has two different sprites in Fire Red/Leaf Green, and both seem a lot different from the original R/S sprite. Serebii's got the pictures on his site of the two different Deoxys.

pimuni
2nd February 2004, 10:34 PM
The Deoxys sprite is different in all versions (only sprite that is like this).

Bad News:

Looks like Nintendo/Gamefreak has now put in 2 secret tickets that cannot be obtained normally in the game. These are the:

Aurora Ticket: - used to reach island where Deoxys is located

Mystery Ticket: - used to get to the island where Ho-oh and Lugia are.

God, they never get tired of putting secret stuff that will be allowed to general public on at least one year after the game is released.... Look how many people have obtained the Eon ticket nowadays. Few, not including me. :(

Dark Sage
2nd February 2004, 10:57 PM
Actually, some reports say that the Mystery Ticket and the Aurora Ticket are obtainable in the game. Maybe.

And I call Deoxys a "she" because I've always thought it looks kind of feminine. Look at a picture of it and you'll see what I mean.

- Venusaur

Rei_Zero
3rd February 2004, 12:11 AM
Did I just see cosmic power???..
Deoxys has just become scarier..

darktyranitar
3rd February 2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Venusaur
Serebii has just confirmed good news. Deoxys is present - and catchable - in Fire Red/Leaf Green.

First you have to get to the Eighth Rainbow Island (that may require something like the Eon Ticket - we don't know yet). On the Eight Island you can catch both Lugia and Ho-oh.

But a Ninth Rainbow Island has been found. (Exactly what you do to get to it isn't clear.) Once there, you simply have to solve an easy puzzle, and Deoxys appears.

She'll be level 30, so catching her should be easy compaired to the 70th-level Lugia and Ho-oh (bring some Dark pokemon).

- Venusaur

By serebii, do you mean Serebii.net? I can't even open that site. Has it been on a new site or what?

Dark Sage
3rd February 2004, 01:14 AM
Yeah, No Advertising please ~Zak

I can get there easily. They recently reopened it after a few weeks of trouble.

- Venusaur

Razola
3rd February 2004, 03:06 AM
Any pattern as to what sprite of Deoxys you get? Is it based on the version of the game it's in, or is it random like Spinda?

Pokemaster Matt
3rd February 2004, 04:32 AM
Version dependent. I think FR has one with flatish-arms, and LG has.. a different one.

Saturos
3rd February 2004, 04:07 PM
Yes, LG's version has the Deoxys sprite like its flexing its muscles (think Machoke).