PDA

View Full Version : FR/LG breeding question

MegaMewtwo
2nd February 2004, 02:54 AM
Would moves from the move tutor people get passed by breeding? Because it IS kinda like TMs, and back in Crystal, that game's Move Tutor's moves got passed down as if they were TMs.

MegaMewtwo
5th February 2004, 04:52 PM
Hello? I'd like an answer.

Agenon_Taeche
10th February 2004, 11:59 AM
I tried breeding a Blastoise who knew Hydro cannon with a Ditto, hoping that the offspring would know it as well...however, it did not. I dont know if both parents must know it to work, if not, it doesnt work :/.

Poryhedron
10th February 2004, 01:15 PM
The problem was you used a Ditto. I don't believe it matters what gender the non-Ditto parent is, the Ditto is still considered the father as far as inheritance.

Agenon_Taeche
10th February 2004, 04:46 PM
Hmm, interesting, if only i had another Blastoise/Wartortle/Squirtle to breed with :/.

if i recall correctly, did it not work in previous incarnations?

Gagome
10th February 2004, 05:36 PM
I am not sure if it is a good idea to test if Hydro Cannon can be passed down to a baby pokemon since it can only be learned by your starter. You should test this with a move one of your pokemon learned from another move tutor.

And, yes it worked in GSC with a Ditto. When you breed a male pokemon with Ditto the baby inherits moves from it. I have done this several times with a shiny Ditto in GSC to get a shiny baby with certain Egg Moves and it worked.

Cooltrainer
11th February 2004, 04:04 PM
Well, why don't ya try it with a female mudkip/marshtomp/swampert? Or with any other Poke of the same egg group? I doubt it would work with Ditto... Maybe the move isn't even breedable...