PDA

View Full Version : {Poll} Jewellery... Jewelry... Whatever... O_o

Cheesey
2nd February 2004, 04:45 PM
For these polls, you might as well include watches and keyrings and stuff. They're kinda like jewellery... In a way. o.o

1. Do you wear jewellery?
2. Do you have any on right now?
3. What's your most valuable piece of jewellery?
4. Does anyone else in your family wear jewellery?
5. What jewel do you like the most?

~*~*~

1. Well, I wear a watch, and sometimes I wear a chained necklace with a dragon on it - There's an amethyst inside it. I really treasure it. It means a lot to me, so I don't wear it that much, because I don't want it getting worn or damaged any time soon.

2. Only my watch. I have a metal keyring attached to my belt as well - It's in the shape of the Hydra from the Hercules story.

3. My dragon one. I got it quite a while back, and it's just really special to me. I don't have any other items that mean quite so much. It's kinda like a lucky charm thing I guess, but I don't wear it for that purpose.

4. Yeah. My Mum wears a lot of necklaces and has quite a few rings, plus both of her ears are pierced. My eldest sister has a lot of random necklaces, bracelets, and rings - They seem to change every day O_o And she has her ear pierced too. My other sister used to have like 9 piercings in one of her ears - She took them all out though because she's gone to South Africa, and she had to. She too has an assortment of necklaces, but not any rings. My Dad just wears a watch.

5. I like amethysts, because they look pretty. o.o I also like sapphires, because I really like the colour blue and they're all prettyful. XD

Luthien Tinuviel
2nd February 2004, 05:19 PM
1. I do not wear a lot of jewelry. I do wear, however, a replica of the One Ring, a watch, and an occasional pair of earrings. Why do my relatives keep sending jewelry, I never wear it.

2. The One Ring

3. I don't think I have one...

4. My mom and my sisters do.

5. I do not have a specific favorite...

Yoh Asakura
2nd February 2004, 05:26 PM

A1) Yes, my eyebrow bar.
A2) Yes.
A3) My eyebrow bar.
A4) yeah.
A5) Emerald & Ruby.

Pichu
2nd February 2004, 05:29 PM
1. Yes
2. A watch, a gold necklace w/ a jade.
3. err.. the necklace.
4. Most of my cousins also wear a necklace and a jade... a symbol of luck I guess.
5. Heh, my watch. :3

RedStarWarrior
2nd February 2004, 09:01 PM
1. Do you wear jewelery?
Yes, ear ring.
My ear ring.
3. What's your most valuable piece of jewelery?
Ear ring again...
4. Does anyone else in your family wear jewelery?
Mother...
Diamond (my birthstone), Sapphire, Emerald, Ruby....anything pretty and worth a lot I guess.

Royal_Goddess_Tina
3rd February 2004, 07:42 AM
-Yes
-Yes, my engagement ring..
-What kind of valuable? Valuable in how muh money it's worth or how important it is to me? Ummmmmmm... Well, I am going to saw my engagement ring...
-Yes, probably everyone...
- "Diamonds are a girls best friend..."

Agent Elrond
3rd February 2004, 03:19 PM

Sometimes...

Well, if you count watches; yes. But it's a plastic sport's watch, and not flashy at all. Oh yeah, and I also wear a little good luck amulet on a cord around my neck. I never take off, because, well, the cord's too tight and I can't undo the knot. o_O (BTW it's brown and black, hardly jewelry.

I dunno, prolly my gold earings. (That I never wear.) *shrug*

Mom wears earings sometimes...

All jewels are the same to me; but I like emeralds. :wave:

Jamesology101
3rd February 2004, 04:49 PM
Not usually, but somebody just bought me a really nice bracelet which I think looks rather good, so I'll wear it now.

Not at the minute, no.

This chain necklace that I got years ago and never wear. ^_^; It's hideous - big mistake.

Yeah, my mother, aunts, etc.

"Diamonds are a girls best friend..."
And a boy's! :D

nightcrow
4th February 2004, 08:33 AM
1. I do wear a lot of jewelry, obviously. :P I usually wear my puzzle ring (keeps me busy in class), a necklace, bracelets, anklets, toe rings, navel barbell, tongue barbell, and 5 earrings (2 pairs of lobe piercings and cartilage). So yeah, quite a lot!

2. Only my earrings, navel barbell, and tongue barbell at the moment.

3. Probably my golden chain with a golden cartousche with my name spelt in english on one side, and my name in egyptian on the other ^^. It was very cheap for us to get (approx. $13 in Turkey) but if we had got it in the states it probably would have cost much more.

4. Mum wears a lot, and my dad wears a watch. That's it.

5. I like Onyx but I dunno if that's considered a jewel...

Asilynne
4th February 2004, 11:43 PM
Yup
Yeah ^-^ The diamond heart necklace Rudy gave me on our first date and the gold and ruby ring he gave me for Christmas ^v^

I dont really care about monetary value so Id say the necklace, I havent taken it off since the day he gave it to me ^-^

Everyone but my dad and my littlest brother wears some form of jewellry

I like rubies and sapphires, and diamonds paired up with either of those looks really nice too ^v^

The Rusted One
5th February 2004, 04:06 AM
If a Maori bone carving counts, yes. Well, and a watch, but it's normal, plastic or whatever it is, nothing metallic. I'm supposed to have myself a MedicAlert bracelet or something, but it's been 7 years since I was told to get one and I still haven't got it.

Nope, not right now.

Well, seeing as I have one...the Maori bone carving.

My Mum, little sister, and I suppose my elder brother who stole the idea to get a bone carving from me.

Dunno, it depends on who's wearing it. I don't really have any specific ideas, and the general ones I do have are so general I'd not actually be saying anything if I wrote them.

Crystal Mew
6th February 2004, 11:07 AM
1. Yes, I always try to wear earrings, and sometimes I wear a necklace. If I really want to wear alot of jewelry, I wear a ring, a bracelet, and an anklet...all at once, hehe

2. I am wearing a pair of earrings atm

3. must be the diamond earrings my mom gave me one year for christmas...they are real gold, and real diamons =>

4. actually, no o_0; I'm the only one with my ears peirced..well, my mom wears her wedding ring and stuff, and my sister wears necklaces .-.; so I guess they do :o

5. Eh, I like diamons, and sapphire 8)

Aipom Of Doom
6th February 2004, 10:34 PM
1. No :o
2. No :o
3. err.. a $10 digital watch, if you count that :o. I want to get a cool watch like some guy I know has, with a 256MB USB storage device built in =D
4. My mom, probably ;o.
5. err... I dunno... I guess diamonds because they're a cool allotrope of carbon x).

Craig
7th February 2004, 04:26 PM

1. Yes, a little too much for a guy :o

2. If you consider watches jewellery.. I got my ESQ Watch (new!yay!) my Ankh pendant, my one ring, my pentacle ring, and my "evil deer yet looks cool" ring :D
and im looking into buying even more rings :D

3. The wedding ring of my great great grandmother.. obviously I wouldn't wear it, etc but it belongs to me and its the most precious (Its mine! It was given to me!)

4. Yea, just about everyone.

5. Sapphire :D

Silver Ledian
8th February 2004, 08:59 AM

1. The only jewellrey I wear is my watch. And if you're counting keyrings, I have one of the Eiffel Tower and another one from Portugal that are both attached to my front door key.

2. No. I only wear my watch if I'm going out somewhere, or in school.

3. Probably the ring and watch that my granda gave me. I don't wear either of them but I feel proud that he's given them to me over anyone else. I'll wear them when I'm a bit older.

4. My dad wears his watch, wedding ring and a chain with a crucifix on it. My mum wears a watch and sometimes earrings. Her wedding ring doesn't fit anymore :o

5. Don't really favour one over another since I don't wear them but I think my birthstone is Opal - which is sort of boring to be honest.

Mab the Mad Clefable
8th February 2004, 01:39 PM
1. Yes, I love jewellry.
2. Yes, I have on a snake ring, an indian ring, a jade ring , a gold ring that was my Grandads, a watch, a tree necklace and a eaded bracelet.
3. My Grandads ring, I think.
4.Everyone.
5. Can't pick, I like them all!

Kirei
11th February 2004, 03:48 AM

1. I love jewellery!! Absolutely love it. I've got quite a lot!

2. I've got an African bracelet, heart necklace, the one ring, and the ring Ade gave me.

3. Maybe a white gold ring my mum and dad gave me or a white gold crescent pendant I bought myself.

4. Ade likes it a lot!

5. Sapphire is my birthstone, I like that but really only for earrrings. I think it's a bit dark for me. I really love diamonds but I can't really afford diamond jewellery, but they're so lovely, and I love moonstone.

Toxicity
14th February 2004, 06:45 PM

~*~

1. Yes. I have a few necklaces of dragons/Celtic crosses/etc., a bracelet or two, a 'bad' mood ring, The One Ring which was originally on a bookmark, but it fell off, and an anklet of seashells.

2. My necklace of a black-jeweled Celtic cross, my seashell anklet, and my 'Bad' mood ring...right now, I'm at bad mood...yet I don't know why...o.O

3. I value them all, the cost when I bought them doesn't matter.

4. My mother wears earrings and sometimes a necklace(and, of course, her wedding ring), my father wears his wedding ring and sometimes a ring he one when he was coaching football at a college in Kentucky for victory in one of those many 'bowls', and my brother sometimes wears a sterling silver bead necklace whenever he does his 'Eminem/Nelly immitations'....xP

5. Sapphire(birthstone), Amethyst, Ruby, Emerald, and anything somewhat glass-looking.

AntiAsh Superstar
14th February 2004, 07:42 PM
1. You betcha, I love daft accessories, the more the merrier I always say!

2. Random silly ring that's been on my finger since Soo left it at my house when we lived apart and I put it on to stop myself from losing it, and the hooped earrings that I've had since I first got my ears pierced and have only just worked out how to take off. :o

3. I don't really have much that's that valuable, it's mostly pewter and the like and has more sentimental value than anything. I suppose the silly pendant Soo got me for Valentine's day.

4. Soo has tons of jewelery, it's a wonder there's any room left for us! My mum has loads, mostly really stupid things as well coz she's a collector of total tackiness.

5. Prolly onyx, it's nice and black and goes nicely with the rest of my attire! :)

shazza
14th February 2004, 08:53 PM
-Just my watch.
-Yep, my watch.
-My... watch?
-My dad wears a watch!
-Probably Emerald!!

dark_tyranitar
15th February 2004, 11:03 AM
No.

No.

Don't have one.

All of the females...

Rubies, Sapphires, Emeralds, and Diamonds

woz
15th February 2004, 09:54 PM
1. yes; a watch.
2. no.
3. my watch.
4. yes.
5. a diamond because it has many uses.

EmpressMyuu
16th February 2004, 09:13 PM
1. I occasionally wear jewelry, but I do wear some on weekends.

2. None right now.

3. As in monetary value, the silver chain necklace and bracelet my great aunt Claire gave me. It's actually very pretty...silver jewelry looks really nice on me. I also have a new silver necklace with a little silver "A" pendant. But the most valuable to me is my necklace with a silver dragon pendant. And I don't know where it went :(

4. Yes, a lot of females in my family at least have a wedding ring, my mom has an engagement ring, and both my mom and dad will have nice little wedding rings :D

5. Lapis lazuli. It's a pretty light blue jewel :D. But my birthstone is a light green jewel called peridot, which is also pretty nice looking.

Angel Blossom
16th February 2004, 11:43 PM

LOL, Kris wearing jewelry? Of course she does. Kris loves jewelry almost as much as she loves doggies. She wears it almost everyday! Okay, Kris will stop talking this way. Seems a little geeky. XD

Nah, considering that I'm about to go to bed. ^.^" I don't wear it when I'm staying at home, only when I go out to the mall, store, someone's house, etc. ^^;;

Well.. I don't spend all of my money on jewelry, believe it or not. My most valuable piece of jewelry is my Guess? watch that I got for Christmas. I believe it was $85, since it was brand new.

My sister & my mom do. ^^;; Duh, the girls of the family.. XP

Well.. the only jewels I really like are Opal, Sapphire, & Diamond. I've seen light blue ones before.. those are cute, however, I forgot their name. ^^;

kurai
4th April 2004, 01:23 PM
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. It would likely be my gold ring with family crest engraved and two small diamonds parallel to each other. (It is the only piece I am wearing).
4. Everyone in my family does.
5. Not sure.

abunaidesu
11th June 2004, 01:15 PM
watch and a necklace that a friend over irc sent to my house. she bought it from las vegas and is in the same grade, plus she knows people from my middle school even though we go to different high schools :wave:

same as number one

no idea

mom/sister

emerald, that green is just orgasmic.

mr_pikachu
11th June 2004, 11:04 PM
Sometimes. I have a class ring and a watch.

Nope.

Gotta be my watch.

Yeah. My dad has a watch, and my mom has earrings, rings, and - surprise! - a watch.

Moon rocks. But NASA's got a monopoly on that market, so they're way too expensive right now.

phaedrus
11th June 2004, 11:09 PM
1. Do you wear jewellery? no
2. Do you have any on right now? no
3. What's your most valuable piece of jewellery? got none
4. Does anyone else in your family wear jewellery? yep
5. What jewel do you like the most? jade

Zak
12th June 2004, 02:44 PM
Necromancy = :no:

~Zak