PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Colosseum Main Thread

Saturos
2nd February 2004, 05:20 PM
This is a main thread of Pokemon Colosseum. If you have questions regarding the game, new information, or stuff that should be in the game, post it here! This thread is to shorten all of the minor Colosseum threads here.

Here's my one question so far. You know that in the game while using a GBA pak of RS, it'll show Brendan and/or May, and you can use the Pokemon RPG's main character, Wes with the Pokemon from Colosseum itself, right?

What about that when you plug up FR&LG with the main characters from there? Will it show Red and Green (tentative names) battling with their captured Pokemon?

This is bothering me. Do any of you think that'll happen?

DragonLover
2nd February 2004, 05:26 PM
The GC disks have alot of memory, eg. Eternal Darkness, among others. Im sure adding the FR/LG charcters wouldnt cause too much trouble. Although im not sure, its highly probable.

Razola
2nd February 2004, 06:40 PM
I, for one, would like a grand range of skins to choose from. Like the Bug Trainers, Hikers, Gym Leaders and so forth. If they are characters in the game, why can't I use them when battling in the tournaments?

SWAMPERT1
2nd February 2004, 09:27 PM
the fr/lg characters do have a spot in colloseum. if u want pictures i think i posted em' in the stickyed fr/lg topic but im not sure.

Saturos
16th February 2004, 12:43 PM
__________________________________________________ __
We sat in on a very important conference call with key members of the Genius Sonority team, the development team behind Pokémon Colosseum. Hear what they had to say.

Mr. Manabu Yamana, CEO of Genius Sonority

Thank you for the opportunity to talk, and thank you for coming today. I'd like to talk about the story behind the production of Pokémon Colosseum.

When Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire were released, an idea of creating a 3D game for the Game Cube were brought to our attention. At that time, we wanted to create a game that was enjoyable for first-time players as well as seasoned players, so we decided to include a scenario or RPG (role-playing game) mode. Pokémon Colosseum's RPG or scenario mode will appeal to both first-time players and to veteran players used to the battling of Pokémon games. There are two independent games featured in Pokémon Colosseum – the Battle Mode and the Scenario Mode. The game took us almost one year and four months to develop, which is a relatively short turn around for such a deep game. Almost sixty people from Genius Sonority were involved, and many more from Creatures, who developed the 3D Pokémon models and actions. A total of about 180 people were involved in this game.

This game was made with experts from many areas, and includes new concepts like rescuing Pokémon from evil organizations, and purifying caught, or "snagged" Pokémon. People who were in charge of each area will talk about what their group did. Please enjoy the game as much as I did.

Mr. Iwasawa, Director of US/Europe versions of Pokémon Colosseum

From the beginning of the project, Pokémon Colosseum was developed with localization of the different version in mind, especially with the help of Nintendo of America – and the localization is coming along very well. The biggest problem we had was that the Japanese version production schedule was very tough. Once the Japanese version was done, everyone was burnt out. I had such a problem motivating the team to move on to the U.S. version. I think Pokémon Colosseum has been very well accepted n Japan – we've had very good reviews. I am very anxious to know if players in the U.S. will be approachable or anxious with this game. For those players who have Pokémon Ruby or Sapphire, and want to play in the battle mode, I'm sure they will be more than satisfied with this game. In addition to that, the RPG mode of this game will attract a lot of other players as well, so I think this game will be liked by many players in the U.S.

Mr. Akihiko Miura, Planner

Hi, I am Miura, and I created the game concept. I wanted to produce a game that was a little bit different from the standard RPG Pokémon games. To do that, I came up with three concepts. The first is two-on-two battles, which enhances the battle elements and requires very strategic thinking. The second concept is a different way to catch Pokémon, which is called "Snagging". The third concept I came up with is called "Purifying", a new way to communicate with your Pokémon. I came up with these three main concepts, and these make Colosseum look different, but retain the roots of the Pokémon world.

After I nailed down the game concepts, we asked Mr. Hiromoto, a cartoonist, to be in charge of the creation of the world of Pokémon Colosseum. Mr. Hiromoto has released some comics in the U.S., so he's known in the U.S., and I have been a fan of his works. His creative worlds are very stylish, and I'm impressed with his characters. He designed characters and backgrounds for the game.

And then we asked Mr. Orio, who's a veteran in this industry, to create a scenario for the game. He's a well experienced scenario creator. He's an excellent writer with an excellent background and experience in writing for games.

Mr. Tsukasa Tawada, Music Director

Hello I am Mr.Tawada, I was in charge of music for Pokémon Colosseum. First of all, I had real fun making this game. To decide the direction of the music creation, I had discussions with Mr. Miura, Mr. Hiromoto, and Mr. Orio. By discussing with them, I had good ideas of Mr. Miura's concept, Mr. Hiromoto's art, and Mr. Orio's scenario. As you know, Pokémon games are played by mostly younger players, but I intentionally created the music for an older audience. Also, I'd like to mention that Game Cube hardware is such attractive hardware, and I looked at Game Cube as one instrument, and I tried my best to get the best out of it.

Mr. Takanori Wada, Graphics Director

I am Mr. WadaI was in charge of the graphics. When creating Pokémon Colosseum, my main focus was to create exciting 3D battles. Nintendo 64's Pokémon Stadium, the battles were 3D, however we wanted to make the 3D battles even cooler. During the 3D battles, you'll see that we made a great effort to make the stage, the arena, and the effects during the battle, and the trainers watching the battle. Additionally, I think that we were able to create cool camera work, just like in the movies. Before we started the development of the game, we had two problems in terms of graphics – first, Pokémon that you normally see in 2D in game Boy and Game Boy Advance had to be turned into 3D models. Second, it was a big hurdle to create animations of Mr. Hiromoto's art into 3D. Once we conquered the two, it became extremely interesting, and I realized that this game was going to be a very interesting game.

Mr. Masayuki Kawamoto, Programming Director

I am Mr. Kawamoto, and I was in charge of programming. In Pokémon Colosseum, a player can connect the GBA and you can play your Pokémon from Pokémon Ruby or Sapphire in the game. Unlike the Nintendo 64 Pokémon Stadium, the player can enter commands using the Game Boy Advance. With this feature, you can hide what you are selecting, so the battles are going to be even more fun. Also, you can have a battle between a Pokémon Colosseum player and a Pokémon Ruby or Sapphire player. And of course, in Pokémon Colosseum, you can have very tough, challenging battles against computer AI trainers. I know that a lot of Pokémon players know the game very well, so I made the computer AI trainers very challenging. But I thought it was difficult when I was programming, because there are huge numbers of Pokémon, and each one could be customized in thousands of different ways, and we had to deal with that in RPG mode and battle mode, and it was an extremely challenging job. I hope you'll have many Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire players battling against you in Pokémon Colosseum.

Mr. Kazunori Orio, Scenario Writer

I am Mr. Orio, and I was in charge of creating the scenario for the team. As for the game story, the story of the game, you can play the game and you'll know what the game is about. Let me give you an overview. As mentioned earlier, this game features a new element called "Snagging". In the world of Pokémon, stealing someone else's Pokémon is taboo – a bad thing to do. And as I mentioned, snagging should be a bad thing, however I tried my best to balance this out so the player wouldn't feel guilty about snagging Pokémon -- and compared to other Pokémon games, the main character in this game is a bit older and more sophisticated. You will be playing in very cool and more older-looking worlds. You will be playing in a world that has a more mature and dark design. You will feel that this game is different because of this, but the rules haven't changed, so you will enjoy this.In this game, you will see many bad guys, however, none of those bad guys are truly bad. There are many attractive characters in the game, so I hope players in the U.S. will play this game and have fun. Thank you very much.

Mr. Shinichi Hiromoto, Character Designer

I am Mr. Hiromoto, character designer. As soon as I heard about this project, I had a certain look that I wanted, so I had real fun creating the Pokémon world environment and designing the characters. I created the world and based on art images of Phoenix, Arizona, although I've never been to Arizona, I used my imagination and I created this world, and I hope you enjoy the atmosphere and have fun.
__________________________________________________ __

Source of info from Pokemon.com, Nintendo's official Pokemon website.

UPDATE:

I got to preorder Colosseum at Circut City. Do you know how much I had to pay for reserving it? 1 penny! Yes, one cent.

Also, when downloading Jirachi, you can do it unlimited times, but ONLY to one game pak at a time! That's right, download Jirachi with the Berry Patch to Ruby, you can also do it again to Sapphire the same way, but ONLY ONCE!

Razola
16th February 2004, 01:42 PM
I am dissapointed with the game so far, based on what I have read and seen.

Nintendo ios simply giving us what we have asked for for nearly 6 years. And what is it? A very linear RPG with graphics that look like they might have had a chance to work on the N64.

The bonus is nice (giving us a "Mew" class pokemon without a lot of work) but this could have been so much more. I will get it, but my expectations are low.

Mikey
17th February 2004, 09:45 PM
What I really want to know is if the game has a storage system. In Stadiums 1 and 2, they each had an N64 storage box that you could place Pokemon in. This was very convenient for those who had both versions, but only one gameboy. I have Ruby and Sapphire, but only one advance, so the only way to trade would be the storage process. Is it possible in Colosseum?

Saturos
18th February 2004, 03:16 PM
Yes, but, there are ONLY (I think...) 3 Boxes in the game for storage!

I kinda screwed up on my Sapphire with the main items. I was using a GSA for unlimited TMs, and I only have room for 8 slots! So... I'm going to deposit all the TMs on Sapphire into Colosseum, and then the Pokemon, and finally, restart Sapphire and download the TMs and Pokemon to there...

Cheesey
18th February 2004, 04:04 PM
I'm gonna get Colosseum. I myself think the RPG mode looks pretty original and enjoyable, so I do have pretty high expectations. I enjoyed the Stadiums, anyway, so even if I don't enjoy the RPG as much as I think I will, I'll like the other aspects. I'm sure of it. And the storage option - It's there, so I doubt that many people are going to bother with Pokemon Box.

And the preorder-and-get-Jirachi is a cool bonus, but I'm not going to bother, I don't think.

AndrewPDes
19th February 2004, 12:01 AM
Can you fight beaten trainers again, and therefore snag the same pokemon twice? Similarily, can you save and reset the game if the enemy doesn't have a pokemon of the gender you want?

Poryhedron
19th February 2004, 02:03 AM
If the enemy doesn't have a pokémon of the gender you want. you can breed it with a Ditto and cross your fingers. FR/LG is coming and everyone's favorite poképimp is back...

Saturos
19th February 2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by AndrewPDes
Can you fight beaten trainers again, and therefore snag the same pokemon twice? Similarily, can you save and reset the game if the enemy doesn't have a pokemon of the gender you want?

Yes. You can only get the GSC starters one at a time. Then when completing the RPG mode once, you can go back and Snag the Pokemon starter that you didn't get at first. It has a replay value.

Ceipe
20th February 2004, 11:25 AM
Well there is still soemthing that isn't quite clear, can Coloseum be linked up with LG/FR? And lso, I'd like to know how long the GCN RPG is and if there are some new pokemon. Finally, can u trade between your GBA game and the GCN game?

Animelee
20th February 2004, 02:36 PM
My friend, who has the and ISO (that he dumped from his own game, don't worry) of Colosseum, sent me a bunch of sprites of the Leaf/Fire trainers. He then used them in battle, since he has the Japanese versions of Leaf/Fire, and showed me screenshots, so yeah, they're compatible, no doubt.

About the fact that there are only three PC boxes in Colosseum - does anyone else think that they'll combine Box and Colosseum for the English and European releases? I'm hoping they will.

SWAMPERT1
20th February 2004, 02:51 PM
they MAY make a bundle but its unlikley because would box come out after colloseum?

Dark Sage
25th February 2004, 08:09 PM
Over the course of the RPG mode, you Snag TWO of the three starter pokemon, one at the beginning and one later on in the game (the second depends on the one you Snag first).

Genders of pokemon you can Snag are the same percentages as wild pokemon in a standard game. I suggest saving the ga,e before you battle each trainer (note that not every trainer has one that you can Snag; you can only Snag the corrupted pokemon; we don't know yet if they'll be called "Dark" or "Shadow" yet, but since Dark is a pokemon type already, I think Shadow is more likely).

- Venusaur

The Muffin Man
25th February 2004, 08:33 PM
It's confirmed as "Shadow Pokemon"...the demo disc says it.

FR/LG is indeed compatable with Coliseum.
The RPG is also supposed to be 30 hours or so.

TheParadox
5th March 2004, 10:42 AM
If i *was* evil to my pokemon it would be good if it turned shadow mwahhahahah

The Muffin Man
5th March 2004, 03:43 PM
Paradox, please refrain from posting things like that. It's spam, and until we get a mod for this forum, it may be a bit strict ;(

Also - Anyone know what kind of Prize Pokemon(Amnesia Psyduck, etc) may be given from Coliseum?

Saturos
22nd March 2004, 04:00 PM
Here's what I found on Game Faqs:

First you gotta beat RPG mode and free
all the pokemon
from their being dark and get ho-oh. Then you have to name Ho-oh 'flame' and
use it to go
through and fight and defeat every trainer on the battle tower again using
fire and flying type
moves. Then at the end Celebi will chalenge you! Bet it using NO fire type
OR flying type or any
move thats super effectave and then go back to the train town and but 35
pokeballs. Then toss them
all and check in your PC. Celebi should be in there. If it didn't work read
it all carefully and do
it again! IT WORKS!!!! I have one!!! Hes awesom! I touht it solar beam and
gig drain and psychic!

Notice that is not how I would type it.
:rolleyes:

However, it could be a rumor...

Just try it in the game to see if it does happen...

Poryhedron
22nd March 2004, 07:00 PM
That's just pathetic. Buy 35 pokéballs and then toss them all? Why on Earth would Nintendo ever, ever make that give you a Celebi? This just oozes false rumor-ness out of every pore.

X-Wing
22nd March 2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
Also - Anyone know what kind of Prize Pokemon(Amnesia Psyduck, etc) may be given from Coliseum?

Although I can't prove it without a doubt yet, I haven't found anything on the net mentionning a prize pokemon.

On another matter, I am wondering if anyone knows about what time frame does colosseum take place in. Is it at the same time as GSC since there are many pokemon from those carts or is it more in the future ???

drizzt
23rd March 2004, 07:22 AM
Well i was wonderin if anyone new what cups would be in it so i could train my team to the right level.

Number1ChanseyFan
23rd March 2004, 08:02 AM
In Colosseum mode, you can play against a friend or play against a computer opponent. There are no Cups like there was in the Pokémon Stadiums, but you can fight in Stadiums/Colosseums, so it is a little like the cups. For example, the first few Stadiums and Colosseums are restricted to Pokémon that are Level 50. The more that you play through Scenario Mode, the more levels that will be available for play in Colosseum Mode. There are 6 Stadiums/Colosseums that you can battle in, and in each one, you can either battle 1 vs. 1 or 2 vs. 2.

1. Phenac Stadium (Level 50)
2. Pyrite Colosseum (Level 50)
3. The Under Colosseum (Level 50)
4. Orre Colosseum (Level 50)
5. Realgam Colosseum (Level 100)
6. Orre Colosseum (Level 100)

Be aware that there are rules in effect when you fight in the Stadiums/Colosseums

And then there is the Battle Mountain, where you fight 100 trainers consecutively. You can save and quit after a match if you need to. There are no level restrictions, but the opponent's level will increase as you progress.

Jolteon100
23rd March 2004, 03:56 PM
If you have 96 blocks of memory, let's say, then can you have two different story mode saves?

Number1ChanseyFan
23rd March 2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Jolteon100
If you have 96 blocks of memory, let's say, then can you have two different story mode saves?

Pokémon Colosseum, like all of the other Pokémon games, only has 1 save file on it, so you would have to use a seperate memory card if you want more than 1 save file.

War Raichu
23rd March 2004, 06:43 PM
First off, that GameFAQs trick is totally fake. Look at the disclaimer above it, and note that the author of the FAQ is saying never to send him e-mails about the following subjects.

Second, I have a question about Colosseum mode. In a video at GameSpot.com, there's a battle going on in what I can only assume is Colosseum Mode that has the Gym Leader Battle music from RuSa playing in the background. Yet in another video on a different site the Trainer Battle music from RuSa is playing. So what, does the Gym Battle music play in Colosseum at all, or what? I love that music. :D

Misty's Tears
23rd March 2004, 07:30 PM
I heard something to the effect that to upload your R/S teams for the Colosseum matches, you have to successfully complete the entire RPG part of the game. Is this true? Also, about what is the average # of hours of gameplay that the RPG gives? I think I heard somewhere that the RPG takes only like 15-20 hours to beat, but I'd like some confirmation on that.

Furthermore, does anyone know how the Colosseum mode is designed? Like is each stadium/colosseum 8 battles, like they were in the cups on the Staduim games? Also, are there 2 on 2 stadium/cup battles?

Misdreavus
23rd March 2004, 07:34 PM
Are genders for the Shadow Pokémon pre-determined when you start your file or are they set when you enter the match with that Pokémon?

stickachu
23rd March 2004, 07:46 PM
The genders are random, just like finding them in the wild. But I think your two starting, non-snagged pokemon are ALWAYS male (mine were)

Number1ChanseyFan
23rd March 2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Misty's Tears
Also, about what is the average # of hours of gameplay that the RPG gives? I think I heard somewhere that the RPG takes only like 15-20 hours to beat, but I'd like some confirmation on that.

Furthermore, does anyone know how the Colosseum mode is designed? Like is each stadium/colosseum 8 battles, like they were in the cups on the Staduim games? Also, are there 2 on 2 stadium/cup battles?

I have heard that the average time to complete the RPG is like 30 hours, which is pretty standard for RPGs. In Colosseum Mode, there are 6 Stadiums/Colosseums that you can battle in, and in each one, you can either battle 1 vs. 1 or 2 vs. 2. The more that you play through Scenario Mode, the more levels that will be available for play in Colosseum Mode. Here are the 6 Stadiums/Colosseums that you can fight at, as well the highest level that your Pokémon are allowed to be at to participate in the battles.

1. Phenac Stadium-Level 50

2. Pyrite Colosseum-Level 50

3. The Under Colosseum-Level 50

4. Orre Colosseum-Level 50 (Unlocked when both 1 vs. 1 and 2 vs. 2 are completed in Phenac Stadium, Pyrite Colosseum, and The Under Colosseum)

5. Realgam Colosseum-Level 100

6. Orre Colosseum-Level 100 (Unlocked when both 1 vs. 1 and 2 vs. 2 are completed in Realgam Colosseum)

Now, here is a list of all of the Pokémon that you can fight in the Colosseum Mode Stadiums/Colosseums.

Phenac Stadium Level 50 1 vs. 1

Trainer #1

Ledyba-Level 50
Spinarak-Level 50
Nincada-Level 50
Surskit-Level 50
Shroomish-Level 50
Lotad-Level 50

Trainer #2

Corphish-Level 50
Barboach-Level 50
Wailmer-Level 50
Carvanha-Level 50
Horsea-Level 50
Goldeen-Level 50

Trainer #3

Larvitar-Level 50
Slugma-Level 50
Numel-Level 50
Aron-Level 50
Geodude-Level 50
Trapinch-Level 50

Trainer #4

Sandshrew-Level 50
Baltoy-Level 50
Cacnea-Level 50
Hoppip-Level 50
Seedot-Level 50
Sunkern-Level 50

Trainer #5

Togepi-Level 50
Jigglypuff-Level 50
Snorunt-Level 50
Swinub-Level 50
Whismur-Level 50
Sealeo-Level 50

Trainer #6

Zubat-Level 50
Gulpin-Level 50
Grimer-Level 50
Oddish-Level 50
Tentacool-Level 50
Electrike-Level 50

Trainer #7

Natu-Level 50
Shuppet-Level 50
Duskull-Level 50
Meditite-Level 50
Wynaut-Level 50
Spoink-Level 50

Trainer #8

Machop-Level 50
Makuhita-Level 50
Abra-Level 50
Ralts-Level 50
Poochyena-Level 50
Houndour-Level 50

Phenac Stadium Level 50 2 vs. 2

Trainer #1

Surskit-Level 50
Nincada-Level 50
Oddish-Level 50
Cacnea-Level 50
Seedot-Level 50
Lotad-Level 50

Trainer #2

Trapinch-Level 50
Numel-Level 50
Gulpin-Level 50
Grimer-Level 50
Slugma-Level 50
Spoink-Level 50

Trainer #3

Pichu-Level 50
Igglybuff-Level 50
Azurill-Level 50
Togepi-Level 50
Wooper-Level 50
Vulpix-Level 50

Trainer #4

Taillow-Level 50
Wingull-Level 50
Tentacool-Level 50
Goldeen-Level 50
Carvanha-Level 50
Zubat-Level 50

Trainer #5

Zigzagoon-Level 50
Ralts-Level 50
Poochyena-Level 50
Whismur-Level 50
Skitty-Level 50
Shroomish-Level 50

Trainer #6

Meditite-Level 50
Makuhita-Level 50
Machop-Level 50
Geodude-Level 50
Phanpy-Level 50
Teddiurda-Level 50

Trainer #7

Shuppet-Level 50
Duskull-Level 50
Natu-Level 50
Baltoy-Level 50
Hoothoot-Level 50
Houndour-Level 50

Trainer #8

Pikachu-Level 50
Clamperl-Level 50
Wynaut-Level 50
Treecko-Level 50
Torchic-Level 50
Mudkip-Level 50

Pyrite Colosseum Level 50 1 vs. 1

Trainer #1

Delibird-Level 50
Hoothoot-Level 50
Swablu-Level 50
Doduo-Level 50
Wingull-Level 50
Vibrava-Level 50

Trainer #2

Mareep-Level 50
Magnemite-Level 50
Voltorb-Level 50
Chinchou-Level 50
Gloom-Level 50
Skiploom-Level 50

Trainer #3

Graveler-Level 50
Lairon-Level 50
Sudowoodo-Level 50
Relicanth-Level 50
Shellgon-Level 50
Beldum-Level 50

Trainer #4

Pikachu-Level 50
Chikorita-Level 50
Phanpy-Level
Teddiursa-Level 50
Psyduck-Level 50
Vulpix-Level 50

Trainer #5

Banette-Level 50
Sharpedo-Level 50
Heracross-Level 50
Sunflora-Level 50
Ninjask-Level 50
Chimecho-Level 50

Trainer #6

Linoone-Level 50
Furret-Level 50
Kecleon-Level 50
Dunsparce-Level 50
Spinda-Level 50
Loudred-Level 50

Trainer #7

Sneasel-Level 50
Corsola-Level 50
Shedinja-Level 50
Stantler-Level 50
Kadabra-Level 50
Hitmontop-Level 50

Trainer #8

Nosepass-Level 50
Clamperl-Level 50
Lombre-Level 50
Nuzleaf-Level 50
Lileep-Level 50
Anorith-Level 50

Pyrite Colosseum Level 50 2 vs. 2

Trainer #1

Snorunt-Level 50
Swinub-Level 50
Wailmer-Level 50
Corphish-Level 50
Ledyba-Level 50
Sentret-Level 50

Trainer #2

Swablu-Level 50
Barboach-Level 50
Feebas-Level 50
Chinchou-Level 50
Aron-Level 50
Skiploom-Level 50

Trainer #3

Beldum-Level 50
Bagon-Level 50
Larvitar-Level 50
Electrike-Level 50
Mareep-Level 50
Staryu-Level 50

Trainer #4

Abra-Level 50
Slakoth-Level 50
Sandshrew-Level 50
Chikorita-Level 50
Cyndaquil-Level 50
Totodile-Level 50

Trainer #5

Masquerain-Level 50
Beautifly-Level 50
Dustox-Level 50
Ariados-Level 50
Ledian-Level 50
Nuzleaf-Level 50

Trainer #6

Pupitar-Level 50
Vibrava-Level 50
Skiploom-Level 50
Graveler-Level 50
Flaaffy-Level 50
Loudred-Level 50

Trainer #7

Kirlia-Level 50
Sealeo-Level 50
Rhyhorn-Level 50
Voltorb-Level 50
Marshtomp-Level 50
Seadra-Level 50

Trainer #8

Vigoroth-Level 50
Machoke-Level 50
Kadabra-Level
Lairon-Level 50
Oddish-Level 50
Bellossom-Level 50

The Under Colosseum Level 50 1 vs. 1

Trainer #1

Grovyle-Level 50
Yanma-Level 50
Dustox-Level 50
Masquerain-Level 50
Ariados-Level 50
Rhyhorn-Level 50

Trainer #2

Kirlia-Level 50
Delcatty-Level 50
Beautifly-Level 50
Luvdisc-Level 50
Roselia-Level 50
Mawile-Level 50

Trainer #3

Illumise-Level 50
Wailord-Level 50
Electrode-Level 50
Lunatone-Level 50
Metang-Level 50
Piloswine-Level 50

Trainer #4

Wobbuffet-Level 50
Murkrow-Level 50
Shuckle-Level 50
Breloom-Level 50
Azumarill-Level 50
Misdreavus-Level 50

Trainer #5

Torkoal-Level 50
Glalie-Level 50
Skiploom-Level 50
Sealeo-Level
Lanturn-Level 50
Castform-Level 50

Trainer #6

Forretress-Level 50
Sandshrew-Level 50
Camerupt-Level 50
Magcargo-Level 50
Skarmory-Level 50
Cacturne-Level 50

Trainer #7

Tentacruel-Level 50
Cradily-Level 50
Hariyama-Level 50
Zangoose-Level 50
Grumpig-Level 50
Absol-Level 50

Trainer #8

Armaldo-Level 50
Tropius-Level 50
Rhyhorn-Level 50
Exploud-Level 50
Aggron-Level 50
Seviper-Level 50

The Under Colosseum Level 50 2 vs. 2

Trainer #1

Weezing-Level 50
Seviper-Level 50
Pelipper-Level 50
Spinda-Level 50
Grumpig-Level 50
Magcargo-Level 50

Trainer #2

Whiscash-Level 50
Crawdaunt-Level 50
Seaking-Level 50
Walrein-Level 50
Pinsir-Level 50
Smeargle-Level 50

Trainer #3

Lombre-Level 50
Sunflora-Level 50
Glalie-Level 50
Forretress-Level 50
Mantine-Level 50
Muk-Level 50

Trainer #4

Girafarig-Level 50
Torkoal-Level 50
Camerupt-Level 50
Wailord-Level 50
Xatu-Level 50
Wigglytuff-Level 50

Trainer #5

Dodrio-Level 50
Swalot-Level 50
Murkrow-Level 50
Quagsire-Level 50
Chimecho-Level 50
Noctowl-Level 50

Trainer #6

Meganium-Level 50
Milotic-Level 50
Donphan-Level 50
Corsola-Level 50
Zangoose-Level 50
Cradily-Level 50

Trainer #7

Machamp-Level 50
Aggron-Level 50
Exploud-Level 50
Octillery-Level 50
Raichu-Level 50
Magneton-Level 50

Trainer #8

Plusle-Level 50
Minun-Level 50
Volbeat-Level 50
Illumise-Level 50
Lunatone-Level 50
Solrock-Level 50

Orre Colosseum Level 50 1 vs. 1

Trainer #1

Flygon-Level 50
Pelipper-Level 50
Noctowl-Level 50
Altaria-Level 50
Xatu-Level 50
Swellow-Level 50

Trainer #2

Crawdaunt-Level 50
Whiscash-Level 50
Gligar-Level 50
Seaking-Level 50
Walrein-Level 50
Smeargle-Level 50

Trainer #3

Wigglytuff-Level 50
Porygon2-Level 50
Miltank-Level 50
Girafarig-Level 50
Granbull-Level 50
Dusclops-Level 50

Trainer #4

Pinsir-Level 50
Mightyena-Level 50
Espeon-Level 50
Gyarados-Level 50
Ampharos-Level 50
Medicham-Level 50

Trainer #5

Muk-Level 50
Weezing-Level 50
Claydol-Level 50
Shiftry-Level 50
Ludicolo-Level 50
Golem-Level 50

Trainer #6

Huntail-Level 50
Gorebyss-Level 50
Volbeat-Level 50
Manectric-Level 50
Mantine-Level 50
Quagsire-Level 50

Trainer #7

Octillery-Level 50
Solrock-Level 50
Donphan-Level 50
Ninetales-Level 50
Bellossom-Level 50
Sableye-Level 50

Trainer #8

Meganium-Level 50
Typhlosion-Level 50
Feraligatr-Level 50
Sceptile-Level 50
Combusken-Level 50
Swampert-Level 50

Orre Colosseum Level 50 2 vs. 2

Trainer #1

Tentacruel-Level 50
Sharpedo-Level 50
Lanturn-Level 50
Golbat-Level 50
Delcatty-Level 50
Sableye-Level 50

Trainer #2

Wynaut-Level 50
Shedinja-Level 50
Gardevoir-Level 50
Misdreavus-Level 50
Exploud-Level 50
Electrode-Level 50

Trainer #3

Ninetales-Level 50
Milotic-Level 50
Sceptile-Level 50
Ursaring-Level 50
Swellow-Level 50
Golbat-Level 50

Trainer #4

Dusclops-Level 50
Medicham-Level 50
Dusclops-Level 50
Machamp-Level 50
Heracross-Level 50
Azumarill-Level 50

Trainer #5

Mawile-Level 50
Sandslash-Level 50
Cacturne-Level 50
Gligar-Level 50
Starmie-Level 50
Skarmory-Level 50

Trainer #6

Rhydon-Level 50
Gyarados-Level 50
Altaria-Level 50
Manectric-Level 50
Relicanth-Level 50
Gorebyss-Level 50

Trainer #7

Castform-Level 50
Tropius-Level 50
Shiftry-Level 50
Houndoom-Level 50
Skiploom-Level 50
Ampharos-Level 50

Trainer #8

Alakazam-Level 50
Flygon-Level 50
Metagross-Level 50
Umbreon-Level 50
Miltank-Level 50
Breloom-Level 50

Realgam Colosseum Level 100 1 vs. 1

Trainer #1

Lanturn-Level 100
Ninetales-Level 100
Meganium-Level 100
Milotic-Level 100
Umbreon-Level 100
Skiploom-Level 100

Trainer #2

Breloom-Level 100
Heracross-Level 100
Flygon-Level 100
Machamp-Level 100
Starmie-Level 100
Electrode-Level 100

Trainer #3

Alakazam-Level 100
Gyarados-Level 100
Sceptile-Level 100
Ludicolo-Level 100
Rhydon-Level 100
Regice-Level 100

Trainer #4

Gorebyss-Level 100
Ninjask-Level 100
Dodrio-Level 100
Heracross-Level 100
Typhlosion-Level 100
Tyranitar-Level 100

Trainer #5

Salamence-Level 100
Suicune-Level 100
Shedinja-Level 100
Wobbuffet-Level 100
Metagross-Level 100
Latios-Level 100

Trainer #6

Raikou-Level 100
Rayquaza-Level 100
Latias-Level 100
Miltank-Level 100
Crobat-Level 100
Slaking-Level 100

Trainer #7

Swampert-Level 100
Raichu-Level 100
Ampharos-Level 100
Kingdra-Level 100
Scizor-Level 100
Kyogre-Level 100

Trainer #8

Groudon-Level 100
Vileplume-Level 100
Shiftry-Level 100
Combusken-Level 100
Flygon-Level 100
Walrein-Level 100

Realgam Colosseum Level 100 2 vs. 2

Trainer #1

Togetic-Level 100
Tyranitar-Level 100
Cacturne-Level 100
Swampert-Level 100
Starmie-Level 100
Gligar-Level 100

Trainer #2

Suicune-Level 100
Swellow-Level 100
Typhlosion-Level 100
Heracross-Level 100
Walrein-Level 100
Jirachi-Level 100

Trainer #3

Rhydon-Level 100
Hariyama-Level 100
Sceptile-Level 100
Milotic-Level 100
Gyarados-Level 100
Rayquaza-Level 100

Trainer #4

Sneasel-Level 100
Ninjask-Level 100
Metagross-Level 100
Granbull-Level 100
Ursaring-Level 100
Salamence-Level 100

Trainer #5

Espeon-Level 100
Crobat-Level 100
Slaking-Level 100
Alakazam-Level 100
Dodrio-Level 100
Raikou-Level 100

Trainer #6

Dusclops-Level 100
Electrode-Level 100
Regirock-Level 100
Regice-Level 100
Registeel-Level 100
Golem-Level 100

Trainer #7

Groudon-Level 100
Shiftry-Level 100
Houndoom-Level 100
Entei-Level 100
Skiploom-Level 100
Flygon-Level 100

Trainer #8

Kyogre-Level 100
Miltank-Level 100
Kingdra-Level 100
Ludicolo-Level 100
Manectric-Level 100
Shedinja-Level 100

Orre Colosseum Level 100 1 vs.1

Trainer #1

Suicune-Level 100
Miltank-Level 100
Ninjask-Level 100
Hariyama-Level 100
Cradily-Level 100
Espeon-Level 100

Trainer #2

Tyranitar-Level 100
Cacturne-Level 100
Gligar-Level 100
Magneton-Level 100
Flygon-Level 100
Registeel-Level 100

Trainer #3

Milotic-Level 100
Metagross-Level 100
Jirachi-Level 100
Raikou-Level 100
Crobat-Level 100
Dodrio-Level 100

Trainer #4

Swampert-Level 100
Combusken-Level 100
Sceptile-Level 100
Salamence-Level 100
Gardevoir-Level 100
Metagross-Level 100

Trainer #5

Ninjask-Level 100
Starmie-Level 100
Machamp-Level 100
Gyarados-Level 100
Ursaring-Level 100
Wobuffet-Level 100

Trainer #6

Kyogre-Level 100
Ludicolo-Level 100
Kingdra-Level 100
Electrode-Level 100
Gorebyss-Level 100
Regice-Level 100

Trainer #7

Kyogre-Level 100
Shiftry-Level 100
Vileplume-Level 100
Houndoom-Level 100
Regirock-Level 100
Entei-Level 100

Trainer #8

Kyogre-Level 100
Rayquaza-Level 100
Latias-Level 100
Latios-Level 100
Heracross-Level 100
Slaking-Level 100

Orre Colosseum Level 100 2 vs. 2

Trainer #1

Swampert-Level 100
Skarmory-Level 100
Sableye-Level 100
Shuckle-Level 100
Regice-Level 100
Umbreon-Level 100

Trainer #2

Suicune-Level 100
Swellow-Level 100
Metagross-Level 100
Walrein-Level 100
Rhydon-Level 100
Latios-Level 100

Trainer #3

Jirachi-Level 100
Shedinja-Level 100
Crobat-Level 100
Miltank-Level 100
Linoone-Level 100
Latias-Level 100

Trainer #4

Dusclops-Level 100
Rayquaza-Level 100
Flygon-Level 100
Altaria-Level 100
Magneton-Level 100
Salamence-Level 100

Trainer #5

Raikou-Level 100
Sceptile-Level 100
Starmie-Level 100
Gyarados-Level 100
Hariyama-Level 100
Kingdra-Level 100

Trainer #6

Ninjask-Level 100
Togetic-Level 100
Feraligatr-Level 100
Heracross-Level 100
Ursaring-Level 100
Scizor-Level 100

Trainer #7

Regirock-Level 100
Shiftry-Level 100
Golem-Level 100
Houndoom-Level 100
Alakazam-Level 100
Electrode-Level 100

Trainer #8

Groudon-Level 100
Kyogre-Level 100
Slaking-Level 100
Salamence-Level 100
Latias-Level 100
Latios-Level 100

Okies, that is all. This list does not include the Pokémon/Trainers that you will encounter on Mt. Battle. I hope that this is a little helpful!!

Saturos
24th March 2004, 07:43 AM
I have had the game since Monday :P The guy at EB Games didn't know that he wasn't supposed to sell the game until Wednesday! And I bought it from the store anyways, though, I found out about the store not selling it at Gamestop!

The game is sweet. I only got to the Phenac City, rescued my partner and then went to the Mayor's house. Then I saved my game.

~Adam

UPDATE

Oops! That thing about Celebi was totally false. On the faq the person wrote, he/she was talking about emails saying "how" to catch Celebi. The writer didn't write that. My bad ;o

~Adam

Misdreavus
26th March 2004, 02:56 PM
How do you get the Elevator Key? My friend and I are having trouble getting it. We both got the jail keys and unlocked all the cells, but the cell where I think the key is in is filled with 2 people and one of them cannot be reached. My friend's guide says that the sheriff is supposed to call him on the P*DA some time and the sheriff never has. Mine just says that after you defeat Miror B. (which we've both done), unlock the cell and there will be a sleeping prisoner and to pickpocket him for the Elevator Key. How exactly do you get it? Thanks.

Saturos
26th March 2004, 04:19 PM
Eh... Hold on, let me go find my book...

Okay, pg. 28 in the NP guide. Oh, here it is.

'After you defeat Miror B., you'll find the Jail Key on the desk near one cell. Inside the north cell is TM 46 (Thief); unlock the door and grab it. Enter the south cell and pickpocket the sleeping prisoner to get the Elevator Key.'

Misdreavus
26th March 2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Saturos
Eh... Hold on, let me go find my book...

Okay, pg. 28 in the NP guide. Oh, here it is.

'After you defeat Miror B., you'll find the Jail Key on the desk near one cell. Inside the north cell is TM 46 (Thief); unlock the door and grab it. Enter the south cell and pickpocket the sleeping prisoner to get the Elevator Key.' I tried that... there isn't really a south cell that I see... I only found 3... one with the TM guy, one empty, and one with 2 guys in it.

BlueEyesPikachu
26th March 2004, 06:18 PM
I have two hypothetical questions. Sorry if they've already been answered!

1.) Can you capture non-Shadow Pokemon?
2.) When you beat Story Mode, and use up your two Serebii chances, can you still rechallenge opponents to open the door to your Shadow Pokemon's heart?

Number1ChanseyFan
26th March 2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by BlueEyesPikachu
I have two hypothetical questions. Sorry if they've already been answered!

1.) Can you capture non-Shadow Pokemon?
2.) When you beat Story Mode, and use up your two Serebii chances, can you still rechallenge opponents to open the door to your Shadow Pokemon's heart?

1. Your starting Espeon and Umbreon are not shadow Pokémon, and the Plusle that you receive from Duking is not a Shadow Pokémon. Also, the Ho-oh that you get after snagging/purifying all 48 Shadow Pokémon, and defeating 100 trainers at Mt. Battle is not a Shadow Pokémon. However, you can't catch any Pokémon that other trainers are using if they are not Shadow Pokémon. If you try to throw a PokéBall at someone's non-shadow Pokémon, then the girl partner will just say something like "No! Wait! That Pokémon doesn't have a dark aura around it!" You won't even be able to throw the PokéBall. After your partner yells, the screen will go back to the item screen.

2. There are certain trainers that you can rechallange throughout the game, such as the ones at Mt. Battle in Story Mode. There are other ways of reducing a Shadow Pokémon's, such as just walking around, using cologne on them, and leaving them at Daycare.

stickachu
27th March 2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Misdreavus
I tried that... there isn't really a south cell that I see... I only found 3... one with the TM guy, one empty, and one with 2 guys in it.

You want the cell with the 2 people in it. Talk to the one lying down to steal her key.

Rick_James_EKFTS
27th March 2004, 01:47 PM
This game looks pretty decent. I wish you could take your own pokemon through the story mode, but oh well/.

TheParadox
27th March 2004, 01:54 PM
So you can transfer story mode ones to Ru/Sa but can they be traded back?
Can you catch Celebi
and
when Ru/Sa pokemon are used in colluseum are they saved to memory card or does the gameboy have to be connected everytime (I dont want my team to be corrupted:()

Number1ChanseyFan
27th March 2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by TheParadox
So you can transfer story mode ones to Ru/Sa but can they be traded back?
Can you catch Celebi
and
when Ru/Sa pokemon are used in colluseum are they saved to memory card or does the gameboy have to be connected everytime (I dont want my team to be corrupted:()

After you defeat Evice at Realgam Tower, the trading station in the basement of Phenac City's Pokémon Center will open, and you will be able to trade Pokémon between Colosseum and Ruby/Sapphire. To trade Pokémon between Colosseum and Ruby/Sapphire, you need to have the PokéNav in Ruby/Sapphire. You can only trade Pokémon from Colosseum that have been fully purified. Also, you can't trade eggs from Ruby/Sapphire, and any Pokémon involved in the trading can't be holding mail or Enigma Berries. If you trade Pokémon from Ruby/Sapphire to Colosseum story mode, they will be saved on the Memory Card. Celebi was available on the Japanese preorder disk, but unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any way to catch Celebi in America.

Saturos
27th March 2004, 03:39 PM
Celebi was only available on the Japanese Bonus Disk. Sorry. But, it could be given away on a E-card, just as Shadow Scizor was.

Oh! I just discovered something. Some Snagged Pokemon in Story Mode are ALWAYS going to be male. Why? Here's what I mean. Here's an example:

Skiploom and Ariados will always be male, to prevent breeding in the RS versions. Why? They will be catchable in FR&LG versions (their pre-evolved forms), basically on the Islands, running wild. Togetic will also be male, because it too will be available on the Islands as a gift (Togepi).

Unless, on your own Ruby or Sapphire, you sharked over a Ditto (like I did), then you can breed them.

Dark Sage
27th March 2004, 04:59 PM
Not true. I snagged a female Skiploom.

- Venusaur

Saturos
27th March 2004, 05:32 PM
:o

My bad.

Dark Sage
27th March 2004, 05:54 PM
By the way, with the Togetic, it is possible to get a female, but the odds are against it. The gender ratio for that specific Shadow pokemon are 87.5 percent male, 12.5 percent female.

The same percentage is for the three "starters" that you have to snag.

For the Granbull, the percentage is 70 percent female, 30 percent male. (I don't know why).

For everyone else (except genderless pokemon and ones that are ALWAYS a certain gender, like Miltank and Hitmontop), it is a fifty-fifty chance).

I got this info from Serebii's website, by the way.

- Venusaur

stickachu
27th March 2004, 09:13 PM
Yeah, the only ones that are ALWAYS male are Hitmontop and the Eeveelutions. But it can take forever to get female starters. It took me over an hour of resetting (I seemed to have terrible luck that day)

Dark Sage
27th March 2004, 09:15 PM
Really?

When I went to snag the first starter (Quilava). It only took four tries to get a female. I guess I was lucky.

- Venusaur

Number1ChanseyFan
27th March 2004, 10:48 PM
Yeah, the 1 in 8 chances of getting a female starter isn't all that good, and it can take quite a few restarts to get one. I was really lucky, the Bayleef that I snagged was female, and I didn't even have to restart my game once!!

TheParadox
28th March 2004, 04:28 AM
What are the decisions that you have to make such as in Ru/Sa you could only choose one fossil (I want colleseum :( i have to wait until may 10, and Mario Golf Ameericans already have it on budget :()

Number1ChanseyFan
28th March 2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by TheParadox
What are the decisions that you have to make such as in Ru/Sa you could only choose one fossil

Well, early in the game, after you fight the trainer in Phenac City with the Shadow Makuhita, there will be a trainer guarding the three exits out of Phenac City. The green trainer will have a Shaodw Bayleef that you can snag, the blue trainer will have a shadow Croconaw that you can snag, and the red trainer will have a Shadow Quilava that you can snag. You can only fight one of the trainers, so fight the one that has the Pokémon that you want the most. You will be able to catch the two Pokémon that you don't snag, but you won't be able to catch them until much later in the game.

Misdreavus
28th March 2004, 07:01 PM
My friend and I got the Elevator Keys that we needed. It turns out that we had to go to the Shadow Pokémon Lab and then we would get a call saying that 2 new people have been arrested in Pyrite. We went there and the 2 people who were originally in the cell that I mentioned were taken out and seperated. 2 new people are there in the bottom cell and the sleeping one has the key.

I do have some new questions, however.

1) To get Ho-oh, I know that I need to have captured and purified all Shadow Pokémon. Throughout my quest (so far), I have missed catching or killed Makuhita, Meditite, and Swablu. Will I ever have a chance to catch these Pokémon again and get Ho-oh?

2) How do you get the National Pokédex in Ru/Sa? My friend traded some of his new Pokémon over but they did not show up in his Pokédex (but the number of caught Pokémon had increased... he didn't have all 201 yet so I don't know if it would still increase for someone who had a full dex).

3) Is it true that Tyranitar is always male? My friend reset the match numerous times and said that he never got a female one.

4) How do you get Gonzap to appear in Snagem Hideout to fight? My friend says he is not there and there is something that he has to do before he can get him to fight him but he doesn't know what.

Also, about resetting the match for genders, has anyone tried switching the order of the Pokémon in their party? I know it makes no sense, but I have had several matches where the Pokémon were always male for several tries and then became female when I switched out one of my 2 first Pokémon before the match for another one in my party. This has never failed for me and I doubt it is a coincidence.

Number1ChanseyFan
28th March 2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Misdreavus
1) To get Ho-oh, I know that I need to have captured and purified all Shadow Pokémon. Throughout my quest (so far), I have missed catching or killed Makuhita, Meditite, and Swablu. Will I ever have a chance to catch these Pokémon again and get Ho-oh?

2) How do you get the National Pokédex in Ru/Sa? My friend traded some of his new Pokémon over but they did not show up in his Pokédex (but the number of caught Pokémon had increased... he didn't have all 201 yet so I don't know if it would still increase for someone who had a full dex).

3) Is it true that Tyranitar is always male? My friend reset the match numerous times and said that he never got a female one.

4) How do you get Gonzap to appear in Snagem Hideout to fight? My friend says he is not there and there is something that he has to do before he can get him to fight him but he doesn't know what.

1. Yes, you will have a chance to catch those Pokémon again. After you defeat Evice, save the game after watching the credits. When you resume playing, you will get an e-mail on your P*DA from Secc. Visit him in Pyrite Town, and he will tell you about Cail encountering a trainer with a Shadow Pokémon. Go to Cail and battle him, after you defeat him, he will tell you about the trainer's location. This will open up the "Snagem Hideout" on the map. Battle through the Hideout, and you will come to a trainer that has one of a Shadow G/S/C starter Pokémon that you didn't snag back in Phenac City early in the game. After you have two of the three G/S/C starter Pokémon, (Bayleef, Croconaw, Quilava) you will get another e-mail on your P*DA from Secc, saying that Nett in The Under are discovered something. Go visit Nett, and he will tell you that Gurks, the trainer outside of the junk shop, knows something about another trainer with a Shadow Pokémon. Go talk to Gurks, and defeat him in battle to learn more. You will then get an e-mail that tells you the trainer's location, which is the Shadow Pokémon Labratory. Go to the lab, and you will remeet many trainers who will still have Shadow Pokémon if you didn't snag them the the first time. In the room where you fought Ein, you will find a trainer that has the last G/S/C starter Pokém

2. To get the National Pokédex, you need to trade a Pokémon from Fire Red/Leaf Green to Ruby/Sapphire. Then, the National Pokédex will be uploaded unto Ruby/Sapphire. Trading a Pokémon from Colosseum to Ruby/Sapphire will not get you the National Pokédex.

3. Tyranitar is supposed to have a 50/50 gender ratio, so there should be an equal chance of getting either a male or a female.

4. After you snag the third G/S/C starter Pokémon, you will receive another e-mail. This time, it will be about the Snagem Machine at the Snagem Hideout. Go back to the Snagem Hideout, you will be able to snag two more Shadow Pokémon, Smeargle and Ursaring. You will now be able to have the rematch with Gonzap. When you defeat him, you can get the D-Disk from the table. You can use this disk on the UFO in The Under to get to the Deep Colosseum.

Mew Master
29th March 2004, 01:46 PM
Does anyone know if G/S/C can be plugged into Collesium?

Number1ChanseyFan
29th March 2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Mew Master
Does anyone know if G/S/C can be plugged into Collesium?

No, Colosseum is not compatible with R/B/Y or G/S/C.

Mew Master
29th March 2004, 02:00 PM
What do you need to hook Ru/Sa to Collesium *is considering getting the game*

Misdreavus
29th March 2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Mew Master
What do you need to hook Ru/Sa to Collesium *is considering getting the game* All you need is Ru/Sa, Colosseum, and a GBA to GC link cable.

Saturos
3rd April 2004, 07:34 PM
Or, if you don't own R/S or a GBA to GCN cable, don't worry. Story mode has Pokemon for you to own on Colosseum itself. You can raise 'em etc. and then battle them out onto Battle Mode. Either way, you'll still win it all.

pimuni
5th April 2004, 11:48 AM
can the GBA Player be used to hook up R/S?

Number1ChanseyFan
5th April 2004, 11:58 AM
You can play Ruby/Sapphire on a television with a Game Boy Player, but you can't actually use the Game Boy Player to link up with Colosseum, you will need a Game Boy Advance and a Link Cable to trade between Ruby/Sapphire and Colosseum.

Linc
5th April 2004, 04:30 PM
I want to know if you beat the game enough times can you catch the Ho-Oh at the end because you can fight Nascour and ________(will not say) all you want.

Dark Sage
5th April 2004, 05:03 PM
You don't know how to get Ho-Oh?

Here's how to get Ho-Oh.

First, you must Snag and purify all 48 Shadow Pokemon.

Then, you must complete the Mt. Battle Knockout Battle Mode; single or double mode, your choice, but you must use pokemon from story mode.

After that, Ho-Oh will be honored to join you (but you MUST have a vacant space in your storage boxes!).

- Venusaur

Misdreavus
6th April 2004, 12:10 PM
How do I get Snagem Hideout to appear on my field map? I beat Evice and it's not there.

Number1ChanseyFan
6th April 2004, 12:15 PM
How do I get Snagem Hideout to appear on my field map? I beat Evice and it's not there.

After you defeat Evice, and the credits scroll, and you resume playing, you should get an e-mail on your P*DA from Secc. Visit him in Pyrite Town, and he will tell you about Cail encountering a trainer with a Shadow Pokémon. Go to Cail (the trainer right by the entrance of Pyrite Town) and battle him, after you defeat him, he will tell you about the trainer's location. This will open up the "Snagem Hideout" on the map.

Misdreavus
6th April 2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks. Three other things if anyone can help...

1) Is there another chance to snag the Shadow Makuhita?

2) Which Mt. Battle gets you Ho-oh? The story mode one or battle mode?

3) I heard of a character named Mirakle B., Miror B.'s replacement. Does he exist? If so, where can I find him?

Number1ChanseyFan
6th April 2004, 04:42 PM
Thanks. Three other things if anyone can help...

1) Is there another chance to snag the Shadow Makuhita?

2) Which Mt. Battle gets you Ho-oh? The story mode one or battle mode?

3) I heard of a character named Mirakle B., Miror B.'s replacement. Does he exist? If so, where can I find him?

1. You should be able to get another chance to snag it later on in the game.

2. To get Ho-oh, you have to snag and purify all 48 Shadow Pokémon, and then you have to complete Mt. Battle in Battle Mode. It doesn't matter if you compete in the one vs. one or two vs. two fighting, but you have to register and use your team from Story Mode.

3. Mirakle B is the guy that replaces Miror B in the Pyrite Cave after you defeat Miror B.

Misdreavus
6th April 2004, 04:48 PM
Mirakle B is the guy that replaces Miror B in the Pyrite Cave after you defeat Miror B. I went back there and there were 2 girls who wanted to fight me... that's it.

Also, does anyone know where and when I can get the Makuhita again? Could Trudly (the one who has Makuhita) be one of the ones who randomly falls from the ceiling in Snagem Hideout? Is there ever another chance to get the Remoraid?

Dark Sage
6th April 2004, 04:56 PM
I believe ANY Cipher thug who you've formerly faced can ambush you there. Just keep passing under the spot until Trudly (and the one with the Remoraid) shows up (just don't KO it this time! Bring some Level Balls).

- GL

Saturos
6th April 2004, 06:28 PM
I noticed something in my Nintendo Power Guide of Pokemon Colosseum:

Pg. 136

CONNECT 'EM ALL!
The world of Pokemon is a vast, thriving place. If you connect Pokemon Colosseum to the games on the GBA, you can draw it all together with surprising results. Orre, Hoenn and Kanto--together the three regions provide a thrilling means for pursuing your dream to be the best Trainer anywhere.

WHAT?! They just gave it away!! Officially! The Pokemon remakes are DEFINITELY coming to the States!

pimuni
6th April 2004, 06:40 PM
WHAT?! They just gave it away!! Officially! The Pokemon remakes are DEFINITELY coming to the States!

Yeah, and somebody mentioned the release date in the USA for FR/LG (or maybe Water Blue) is around September of this year.

Saturos
6th April 2004, 06:55 PM
That was me :laugh: I made that thread.

pimuni
6th April 2004, 07:38 PM
lmao, i am so stupid :P

Dark Sage
6th April 2004, 07:51 PM
I think the article also said that the second game's title will NOT be changed to Aqua Blue, but will remain Leaf Green.

And IMHO, I like it that way. It pays better homage to the original.

- Venusaur

Misdreavus
6th April 2004, 08:15 PM
I believe ANY Cipher thug who you've formerly faced can ambush you there. Just keep passing under the spot until Trudly (and the one with the Remoraid) shows up (just don't KO it this time! Bring some Level Balls).So far, all I've seen are Cipher Peon trainers. Is it possible to get Miror B. Peon trainers to fall from the ceiling? Miror B. Peon Trudly is the trainer I need to fight for the Makuhita (he was one of the guys that you fought in the Phenac City mayor's house when you first met Miror B.). It turns out that the Remoraid trainer, Miror B. Peon Reath, is one of the girls who appeared in Miror B.'s spot in Pyrite Cave.

Can anyone help me find a way to re-battle Miror B. Peon Trudly for his Makuhita? Also, does anyone know why I went to Pyrite Cave and Mirakle B. was not there?

Misdreavus
6th April 2004, 08:31 PM
Nevermind... I found him. He was sitting behind the mayor's desk in Phenac City's mayor's house and I snagged his Makuhita.

Razola
9th April 2004, 10:39 AM
Stickied due to Colosseum's release.

ShockingAlberto
10th April 2004, 08:05 AM
I'm such an idiot.

Lost my chances at Remoraid and Qwilfish AGAIN!

So, here are my questions.

1) I beat the Miror B. peons Trudy and...the other one, but didn't snag their Pokemon twice. Will I get another chance or I might as well restart?

2) Missed out on Raikou twice. I assume I'll be facing Ein in Deep Colosseum, will he have Raikou with him?

3) I also failed to capture three of the Realgam tower Pokemon (Absol, Tropius, and Metagross). I was planning on capturing Tyranitar and losing, but by a fluke, I managed to win. Will I get another chance at it?

4) I can use some of my traded Ruby/Sapphire Pokemon in Mt. Battle, can't I? Like, it just doesn't have to be Pokemon my Orre trainer caught?

-- ShockingAlberto

Don't Run With Scizors
10th April 2004, 07:06 PM
1) I beat the Miror B. peons Trudy and...the other one, but didn't snag their Pokemon twice. Will I get another chance or I might as well restart?

2) Missed out on Raikou twice. I assume I'll be facing Ein in Deep Colosseum, will he have Raikou with him?

3) I also failed to capture three of the Realgam tower Pokemon (Absol, Tropius, and Metagross). I was planning on capturing Tyranitar and losing, but by a fluke, I managed to win. Will I get another chance at it?

- Trudly and his buddy can be found in the mayor's house in Phenac City.

- Generally, if you let a Shadow Pokémon go, if you encounter their trainer later on in the game, they will definately have it. (I also have a feeling that that every Shadow Pokémon trainer, no matter how many times you defeat them, appears somewhere else in the game, but I'm not about to test that theory with my current saved game. ^_^) So I'd bet on Ein having Raikou with him.

- Strangely enough, you can battle Evice and his underlings as many times as want, despite the fact that he gets arrested every time.

4) I can use some of my traded Ruby/Sapphire Pokemon in Mt. Battle, can't I? Like, it just doesn't have to be Pokemon my Orre trainer caught?

Absolutely.

Now, for a question of my own... at what point in the game do you get the Master Ball? I've already beaten Evice twice over and have snagged all but the Togetic, but have yet to get on opportunity to get it.

Rambunctious Jamirus
10th April 2004, 07:22 PM
The Master Ball you get from the sidekick's grandfather. Go to Agate Village and talk to him, he'll give you the Master Ball then and there.

Dark Sage
10th April 2004, 09:33 PM
If you gave Eagun your e-mail address, you will get a message from him in Realgem tower after you beat Miror B., Venus, Dakim, and Ein. Strongly consider your sidekick's request that you interrupt your quest and leave to go see him; he'll give you the Master Ball when you do.

If you never gave him your address... that's too bad...

- Venusaur

PremierBall
12th April 2004, 03:12 AM
I agree 100%....test...test....

Number1ChanseyFan
12th April 2004, 11:55 AM

Hello, I am not trying to tell you what to do or anything, but it is against the rules to make short posts just to test your signature. If you need to test your sig, please test it while making a longer post. Instead of just saying "I agree," try to expand on your idea a little more. I know that you are new, but I am just letting you know for future reference!! Welcome to TPM!!

Cowboy Dan
12th April 2004, 05:33 PM
Is there any easier way to purify pokemon. I know you can battle, walk around and give scents to them. My friend said you could set up the controller to make the character walk into a wall and just keep walking. he said that it would slowly bring down the meter. could someone tell me if this is true or not.

Razola
12th April 2004, 07:14 PM
Next time tell us why.

EDIT: In other words, too short and lacking in content.

Number1ChanseyFan
12th April 2004, 08:49 PM
Is there any easier way to purify pokemon. I know you can battle, walk around and give scents to them. My friend said you could set up the controller to make the character walk into a wall and just keep walking. he said that it would slowly bring down the meter. could someone tell me if this is true or not.

Ok, simply walking into walls won't work to decrease a Shadow Pokémon's meter. However, there is a trick that you can use in Agate VIllage that works pretty good.

There is a "dead end hill" in Agate Village, and if you walk into it, the screen will shake when you walk into it. This hill is located right at the entrance of Agate Village. When you enter Agate Village, you will be standing on a wooden bridge, and a small hill will be in front of you. Go up that hill, to right around where the old man is standing, and then go a few steps to the left, and then go down on to the little area that is sticking out. This area is visable when you first walk into Agate.

Now, walk up and stand over the hill, and hold Down on the control stick and walk towards the end of it, and you will notice that if you walk into it, the screen will start to shake. Make sure that you have all of the Shadow Pokémon that you want to purify in your team. You may as well put 6 Shadow Pokémon in your team while doing this, so you can work with multiple Pokémon at the same time. Anyways, Go to the top of that hill and stand over it.

Now, disconnect your Gamecube controller. When it is unplugged, hold UP on the controller's Control Stick. While holding up, plug the controller into the first plug on the Gamecube. If you're still holding it, you'll notice that your character will be walking up slowly, even though you are holding "up" all the way. Let go of the control stick and put the controller down. You will notice that your character will just start running into the "invisible wall" on his own. Leave it there, and as time goes on, your Shadow Pokemon's bar will continue to drop gradually. If you want, you can also leave a Pokemon at the daycare, so you can actually purify 7 Pokemon at the same time.

Moonlight Espeon
13th April 2004, 01:12 PM
I have a question:
How do I get the Cologne Case?
It says nothing about it in my guide, and I need it to give scents to my Pokemon because battling is getting onmy nerves, especially with the Lv. 43 Pokemon I'm beginning to Snag which take forever to purify in battle.

Number1ChanseyFan
13th April 2004, 01:38 PM
I have a question:
How do I get the Cologne Case?
It says nothing about it in my guide, and I need it to give scents to my Pokemon because battling is getting onmy nerves, especially with the Lv. 43 Pokemon I'm beginning to Snag which take forever to purify in battle.

Before you can get the Cologne Case, you need to have defeated Dakim at Mt. Battle. Going by your other posts, you have already taken care of Dakim, so you don't have to worry about that. Now, go to Agate Village, and talk to a girl standing in the eastern part of town. She is the girl that is standing to the left of the girl standing with the Lotad on the other side of the small river. Talk to the girl, and she will ask you if you know about Cologne Cases. Tell her "NO" and she will give you one. :wave:

malevolent_Milotic
14th April 2004, 05:51 PM
I have a question:
i just beat Deep King Agnol and snagged his shuckle but i'm not getting any emails about the guy with togetic. do i hav to snag everybody except togetic then wait for the emails? (the only pokemon i missed were tropius, remoraid, noctowl)

Don't Run With Scizors
15th April 2004, 11:59 AM
I didn't get any e-mails regarding the Togetic until I snagged all the other 47, either. So you might want to snag those last few.

Dark Sage
15th April 2004, 12:22 PM
Yes, you MUST snag (but not necessarily purify) every other Shadow before you can battle the trainer who has the Togetic.

But beware, for the evil clone who has is the toughest villain of them all.

Called simply the Shady Guy, I believe he is the representation of Wes's evil criminal past, somehow given horrible life, and this evil imposter has one of the toughest teams around:

Manectric (68 )
Houndoom (68 )
Milotic (68 )
Armaldo (68 )
Gyrados (68 )
Togetic (Shadow, 20)

It is bad enough that he's corrupted a pokemon that normally represents happiness and joy, but this presents a Snag complication - at only Level 20, it will likely be wiped out during the battle. You must be very careful. My advice... bring a pokemon that can make it sleep and a LOT of Level Balls; do not inflict damage on it at all. If another of his pokemon is out at the same time, put it to sleep to, and concentrate on the capture before finishing the big guy.

The Gyrados is the deadliest one. It knows Earthquake, and it isn't afraid to use it, even if it means hurting its partners. Fortunately, since Togetic is a Flyer, that attack will not destroy it.

- Venusaur

Shuppet Master
15th April 2004, 01:55 PM
Actually,I captured Togetic by using my Spore/False-Swiping Breloom,Slumber. :) As for your theory,it's wrong. Once you defeat the guy,he'll show you his true form and...did you win that battle yet? :what:

Dark Sage
15th April 2004, 02:18 PM
No, I haven't gotten to that part yet...

Don't spoil it for me...

- Venusaur

Don't Run With Scizors
15th April 2004, 03:28 PM
Later on in the game, I caught the other two starters by simply putting them to sleep and throwing only one or two Ultra Balls. The Togetic is only L20; it should be even easier to catch.

malevolent_Milotic
15th April 2004, 06:51 PM
i did get togetic by snagging the last few pokemon. i thought the guy was pretty easy because i used three of my Sapphire pokemon plus my pokemon i caught in colosseum:
Kyogre lv.71 Rayquaza lv.79 Blaziken lv.68 Tyranitar
Calm Mind Hyper Beam Sky Uppercut Altaria
Hydro Pump Fly Overheat Houndoom
Sheer Cold Dragon Dance Slash
Waterfall Outrage Mirror Move

now i hav to purify them all which really sux and i want that Ho-oh so badly

Moonlight Espeon
16th April 2004, 06:11 PM
I have serious Realgam Tower troubles.
I can't beat Evice and Nascour 2 in a row without healing at all.
My team needs major help but I really wouldn't like to replace anything unless I absolutely need to because it took me a while to train these Pokemon to these levels.

Piloswine, Lv 51, Soft Sand
Earthquake, Ice Beam, Odor Sleuth, Endure
This works okay. I need something to replace Odor Sleuth and Endure. They're completely useless.

Ariados, Lv 51, Silverpowder (but there's no use for it)
Sludge Bomb, Leech Life, Scary Face, Spider Web
Replacement for everything but Sludge Bomb.

Granbull, Lv 52, no item
Focus Punch, Strength, Bite, Take Down
This is quite decent. Focus Punch works well. Strength is good for finishing off enemies, and so is Take Down. There is no use for Bite though. I need a replacement for it.

Espeon, Lv 53, Twistedspoon
Psychic, Toxic, Morning Sun, Swift
This is actually quite good. Most things can be OHKOed by Psychic, either that or it does serious damage. Toxic is useful for the Pokemon I just can't hit, Morning Sun is great for healing and Swift is just for those cases when you have two enemies low on health against you and you want to finish them both off at the same time.

Ampharos, Lv 53, no item
Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Cotton Spore, Light Screen
Thunderbolt can usually do serious damage to most opponents with lower Sp. Def, Thunder Wave is good for fast Pokemon to paralyze them but there's honestly no use for Cotton Spore. Light Screen comes in handy maybe every 10 battles if I have something dealing serious Special damage to my Pokemon and need some protection. Replacement for Cotton Spore and possible replacement for Light Screen, whatever you see fit.

Umbreon, Lv 55, Blackglasses
Faint Attack, Secret Power, Moonlight, Screech
Faint Attack is good, it's the only decent Dark attack Umbreon learns. No Crunch :< Anyway, Secret Power is totally pointless except for the battles vs. Dark Pokemon and Faint Attack is not very effective. Moonlight is excellent for healing Umbreon in a pinch. Screech is just sitting there, it's totally pointless and I almost never use it.
Replacement for Screech, maybe a replacement for Secret Power (either a better physical move or a good special move for Umbreon, however no Dark or Psychic moves)

Is it just because I need to train more, or is it because I need new movesets/Pokemon? Oh and I can only replace moves by TMs that are available in-game or can be bought at stores in R/S because I've basically used up all of my TMs by now.

Number1ChanseyFan
16th April 2004, 09:28 PM
Well, your Pokémon will be healed before you fight Nascour and before you fight Evice. Although you don't get a break in between fighting Nascour and Evice, your Pokémon will still be fully healed in between the fights. You could work on leveling your Pokémon up a little bit at the Under Colosseum, but actually, you could probably take on Nascour and Evice now, just bring a few Full Restores/Revives with you. The problem with the Pokémon in this game is that they are at a pretty high level, and the highest leveled ones don't learn many more level up moves. Until you can trade your Pokémon back to Ruby/Sapphire, it is kind of tough to give your Pokémon's movesets a complete makeover. Perhaps a couple of rounds at the Under Colosseum, or a trip up Battle Mountain will help you out some.

Moonlight Espeon
16th April 2004, 10:00 PM
Well, your Pokémon will be healed before you fight Nascour and before you fight Evice. Although you don't get a break in between fighting Nascour and Evice, your Pokémon will still be fully healed in between the fights. You could work on leveling your Pokémon up a little bit at the Under Colosseum, but actually, you could probably take on Nascour and Evice now, just bring a few Full Restores/Revives with you. The problem with the Pokémon in this game is that they are at a pretty high level, and the highest leveled ones don't learn many more level up moves. Until you can trade your Pokémon back to Ruby/Sapphire, it is kind of tough to give your Pokémon's movesets a complete makeover. Perhaps a couple of rounds at the Under Colosseum, or a trip up Battle Mountain will help you out some.

Alright thanks. You never fail to help a lot around these forums :)
I'll try that out. If I have any further problems I'll post em again.

Don't Run With Scizors
16th April 2004, 10:19 PM
Moonlight Espeon: Abuse the Protect TM. It's just so useful for outpredicting the computer AI.

DarkestLight
1st May 2004, 10:35 PM
Ummm ok. Decided to post this here, because it is a generic game question.

Deshadowfied 46/48. All I got left are T-Tar and Meta.

So, I'm opting to use Time Flutes on them both.

Can anyone explain to me why I can't use them? Because it keeps telling me that the Item can't be used now. Do I have to be at a certain area? Or do I need to complete something else? {I think I'm done with the game, I beat The Deep Colosseum with the Admins and beat Fein...so yeah what the heck?}

Dark Sage
1st May 2004, 10:41 PM
You can only use them when you are in front of the Relic Stone. That is the only place where a pokemon can be purified, even with a Time Flute.

So siply go there, and blow the Flute. (You'll see Celebi himself break the spell!).

- Venusaur

DarkestLight
2nd May 2004, 03:45 PM
szdlkjs No friggin wonder. I think you also have to walk around a tiny bit, so they hearts are not "tightly" shut anymore, because I was in front of the Stone and tried it, and nothing was happening for a while. It worked after a small hike, so I'm all set to go.

And of course I get a Modest Metagross. I seriously want to kick my luck with Personalities sometimes.

Dark Sage
2nd May 2004, 03:55 PM
No. The Time Flute will work no matter how corrupted they are. The evil power of Shadow is no match compaired to Celebi's magic.

Glad to be of help.

- Venusaur

P.S. Now that you've snagged and cured 'em all, register your Team at Mt. Battle! Time to prove your worth and recruit Ho-oh!

But I won't lie to you: it won't be easy...

Razola
13th May 2004, 12:03 PM
But I won't lie to you: it won't be easy...
I beg to differ. The AI so far hasn't shown much difference from the GBA versions.

Which is really really pathetic.

andyizcool
13th May 2004, 02:49 PM
I beg to differ. The AI so far hasn't shown much difference from the GBA versions.

Which is really really pathetic.
Are they the difficulty of the Pokemon Trainers in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire or the Battle Tower Trainers? Thanks for any help.

Dark Sage
13th May 2004, 03:03 PM
Are we playing the same game here?

I've found the AI in Colosseum to be rather smart. The enemy pokemon always seem to pick the right moves to aim at the right Pokemon.

Just today, I was purifying pokemon; to do so, I was fighting the guy in Duel Square who had a Linoone, I was using the Stantler and Gligar, and the Linoone used Rock Smash on Stantler. That was a smart move, if I do say so. And it isn't the only example.

- Venusaur

Razola
13th May 2004, 09:36 PM
Maybe my version is bugged, because:

-The computer will do stupid things like Focus Energy twice in a row.

-The computer doesn't utilize the partner system. Whenever the computer uses weather effects, BOTH pokemon will use it, which is pointless.

-The computer is slow to catch on to type charts. My Swablu was hit by a Spheal's water gun twice before the stupid thing used Aurora Beam. My umbreon has also laughed off many a Psychic attack.

-The computer has yet to use items or make intelligent switches (or ANY switches for that matter). I just beat Miror B, so I figure that it's too early in the game for items. But when you got two fire types, and I have Surf...wouldn't you switch?

This is just story mode, mind you.

Dark Sage
13th May 2004, 10:44 PM
Hang on...

I don't recall the opponents in my game EVER doing any moves that were THAT stupid. Seriously.

Second, in your first encounter with Miror B., he doesn't use Fire pokemon - he uses four Ludicolo and a Sudowoodo (which you have to Snag). You face him twice more during the story, and while his team changes each time, he NEVER uses a Fire type.

So I don't know WHAT you are talking about.

- Venusaur

Razola
13th May 2004, 10:59 PM
The two sentences weren't related. It was one point before the Miror B fight were there was a thug with two ground or fire types (I forget). I brutally beat them with surf and they never switched out.

Saturos
17th May 2004, 05:27 PM
Dang, now that something, Raz.

Did any of you realize that the AI on the game is pathetic? I beat all of the Colosseum Cups, Story Mode, and Mt. Battle. That's the reason why I haven't been posting lately (Go figure :lol: ). It was harder when I was playing the Stadium games on the N64! It took me nearly 3 months to beat Stadium 1, and 7 months for Stadium 2.

It took me 2 months to beat Colosseum.

PS: Dang, I can't believe someone Stickied this thread and that it's been going so good! Go... ME! :nut:

drizzt
23rd May 2004, 06:11 PM
Ok im facing the last 2 bosses and i cant snag that stupid Metagross without using a ton of Revives and Hyper Potions.

Does anyone have any helpful pointers.

Poryhedron
23rd May 2004, 08:27 PM
Well, you could always faint the sucker, beat the game, then trade in from Rusy/Sapphire a level-100 pokémon designed for catching stuff (False Swipe, status-causing move, etc.) and have yourself a rematch.

Number1ChanseyFan
23rd May 2004, 08:41 PM
Ok im facing the last 2 bosses and i cant snag that stupid Metagross without using a ton of Revives and Hyper Potions.

Does anyone have any helpful pointers.

Metagross can be pretty tough to snag. The best thing to do would be to bring along a Pokémon that can paralyze the Metagross or put it to sleep. Pokémon such as Slugma/Magcargo, Noctowl, Stantler, Skiploom/Jumpluff, and Swablu/Altaria learn moves that put Pokémon to sleep, and Flaaffy/Ampharos and Dunsparce can learn moves that cause paralysis. You will want to get Metagross' HP low, but not too low, or else it will defeat itself with the recoil damage from Shadow Rush. A good place to get Metagross' HP before you attempt to sang it would be when its HP meter is in the "low yellow," before it is red, so you will have some oppourtunities to snag it before it faints from using Shadow Rush. If your Pokémon are too weak to stick around while you try to snag the Metagross, you may want to level up, or you can defeat the Metagross, and then go back and snag it later after you level your Pokémon up. You will have unlimited chances to snag all of the Shadow Pokémon that you encounter on Realgam Tower. When I snagged the Metagross and Tyranitar, I found Timer Balls to be pretty useful if the battles were taking a long time. Use Ultra Balls at first though. I hope that this helps you out a little bit!! ;)

Dark Scizor
26th May 2004, 07:29 PM
Dang, now that something, Raz.

Did any of you realize that the AI on the game is pathetic? I beat all of the Colosseum Cups, Story Mode, and Mt. Battle. That's the reason why I haven't been posting lately (Go figure :lol: ). It was harder when I was playing the Stadium games on the N64! It took me nearly 3 months to beat Stadium 1, and 7 months for Stadium 2.

It took me 2 months to beat Colosseum.

PS: Dang, I can't believe someone Stickied this thread and that it's been going so good! Go... ME! :nut:

I have to agree about the game being easier then the Stadium games, and to be honest i never ever finished off R2-Mewtwo lol I just got anti arsed and with my old non-existent pokémon skills!

But Colosseum was abit too easy, i've had it for 2 weeks and i just need to purify afew more pokés and i have Ho-oh.

Then i am restarting for my Female Croconaw, Tyranitar, Modest Suicune. I don't care about anything else.

drizzt
8th June 2004, 08:56 AM
Hey everybody.

About the stupid AI I have to agree. They do some pretty stupid things but i guess u cant be perfect.

Anyway, does anybody no where the TMs for Rest, Aerial Ace and Dragon Claw are Colosseum.

Thanks in advance.

sayhey
8th June 2004, 11:21 AM
I'm going to buy Colosseum today, but I was wondering what software was needed to trade between Ru/Sa and Colosseum? And how do we transfer info. from the game (Ru/Sa) to Colosseum? Is there something like the pack that we were given with Stadium 1?

Number1ChanseyFan
8th June 2004, 11:36 AM
Anyway, does anybody no where the TMs for Rest, Aerial Ace and Dragon Claw are Colosseum.

The TMs for Rest (TM 44) and Dragon Claw (TM 02) are found in the Deep Colosseum. You need the D-Disk to get to the Deep Colosseum. You can't get the D-Disk until you have beaten Evice at Realgam Tower, and beaten Gonzap when you go through the Snagem Hideout for the second time. After you beat Gonzap at the Snagem Hideout, the disk will be laying on the table in the room. You can then get to the Deep Colosseum by using the UFO in The Under. Unfortunately, Aerial Ace (TM 40) was left out of the game.

The TMs that you get from The Deep Colosseum are:

1st Battle: TM 12-Taunt
2nd Battle: TM 48-Skill Swap
3rd Battle: TM 44-Rest
4th Battle: TM 02-Dragon Claw

I'm going to buy Colosseum today, but I was wondering what software was needed to trade between Ru/Sa and Colosseum? And how do we transfer info. from the game (Ru/Sa) to Colosseum? Is there something like the pack that we were given with Stadium 1?

To trade Pokémon between Ruby/Sapphire and Colosseum, the only thing that you need is a link cable that connects a Gamecube to a Gameboy Advance. However, your Pokémon have to be fully purified before you can trade them from Colosseum, and you need to defeat Evice at Realgam Tower before the trading center will open. The only place in Colosseum that you can trade Pokémon at is the trade center in the basement of Phenac City. Also, before you can trade to Ruby/Sapphire, you must save your Ruby/Sapphire game inside of a Pokémon Center.

sayhey
8th June 2004, 07:40 PM
thanks for the help number1chanseyfan :)

another Q though. I understand about the guidelines I've got to complete before trading, but in the NP Strategy Guide, it says that all Shadow pokemon must be purified. Do they mean in my team, or all 48 Shadow pkmn in the game? Because I've read here that some people have been able to trade and what not without catching/purifying all 48 Shadow pkmn.

Thanks for the (future) help.

Number1ChanseyFan
8th June 2004, 09:55 PM
thanks for the help number1chanseyfan :)

another Q though. I understand about the guidelines I've got to complete before trading, but in the NP Strategy Guide, it says that all Shadow pokemon must be purified. Do they mean in my team, or all 48 Shadow pkmn in the game? Because I've read here that some people have been able to trade and what not without catching/purifying all 48 Shadow pkmn.

Thanks for the (future) help.

You can trade Pokémon from Colosseum before you have purified all 48 Shadow Pokémon. However, you just have to make sure that every Pokémon currently in your party has already been purified. As long as their are no Shadow Pokémon in your party, you will be able to trade. :wave:

Poryhedron
8th June 2004, 09:59 PM
Oh! One other thing. Colloseum's not designed to handle Eggs, so just like you can't have Shadow Pokémon in your Colloseum Party, you can't have Eggs in your GBA Party.

sayhey
9th June 2004, 09:21 PM
is Duel Square the only place I can train Pokemon? See, I didn't know that once you purify Shadow pokemon, they get exp. back they earned in battles...sooo, while some of my shadow Pkmn. benefitted, some didn't, and now I'm headin to Mt. Battle and I'm semi-screwed.

Justy and Cail are reaaally high-leveled (40's! WTF?!), and the Pyrite Col. now only has level 50. is Duel Sqaure the only option? (My Pokes are in the low/mid thirties BTW)

Number1ChanseyFan
9th June 2004, 10:00 PM
You could try Phenac Stadium, however, you can only fight there if you have a team of fully purified Pokémon. Unfortunately, that will not accomplish a whole lot more then fighting at Duel Square if you are trying to level up your Pokémon, as the Pokémon that you face in Phenac are pretty weak too. If your Pokémon are still pretty weak, those places would be the best to level up at. Also, you could invest the money that you win at Duel Square/Phenac Stadium to get some healing items. Your Pokémon don't necessarily have to be at equal levels with the opponent. The computer can make some dumb choices sometimes, so sometimes, you can overcome being at a lower level. The highest leveled Pokémon that you will face on Mt. Battle is Dakim's Level 40 Shadow Entei. With a team of Pokémon that have levels in the low to mid 30s, you could defeat Dakim and the other trainers that you have to defeat before you get to him, it will just require some healing items. After you get rid of Dakim, and aquire the elevator key from the sleeping prisoner in Pyrite Town, Mt. Battle will open back up, and you can use Mt. Battle for effective training. The first battles feature extremely low-level Pokémon, which are just there for you to work on purifying your Shadow Pokémon. The Pokémon keep getting stronger, which will mean more experience for your higher-level Pokémon. If the Pokémon that you fight on Mt. Battle start getting too strong, you can always leave.

Razola
9th June 2004, 10:35 PM
I think this thread has had it's time in the limelight. Unstickied.