PDA

View Full Version : Is Gary in FR/LG?

SageofDarkness
5th February 2004, 07:50 AM
As I have heard FR/LG is a spin off from Green/Red Japanese versions so I wondered if Gary was in it, and what teams he has been recorded as having so far? If Gary is not in it then who is the rival? Also so I don't keep SPAMming up this forum, could you give me a decient Website that has information on the game please.

Animelee
5th February 2004, 08:46 AM
No one knows if this game takes place in an alternate universe, with a new Shigeru/Gary/Green, or if this is a bunch of new kids before GSC, and the rival just happens to look like Shigeru/Gary/Green.

I personally believe that this game takes place after GRBY and before GSC, which is why Kyo/Koga is still a Gym Leader, and why the Pokemon Tower is still there, instead of the radio tower. I refer to the rival as "Leaf", though I don't know what others do.

Razola
5th February 2004, 10:14 AM
Have to agree with 'lee, in that this is before G/S/C. Cinnbar has been lost in the eruption, and people like Koga are still pre-4dom.

But your rival is who you want it to be. Sure, Gary was in Red, but you could name him whatever you wanted.

Personally, I named my rival Ash.

Kari and Mewtwo
5th February 2004, 03:00 PM
Then theres the question of why giovanni & team rocket still exist. Its more than likely that its just an alternate universe.

Carbonite4
5th February 2004, 05:52 PM
I think it's just a redone RB. Same time period, same everything. It's just pretty now.

Saturos
5th February 2004, 08:07 PM
Then why would Red/Ash have brown hair? His hair is jet black...

soggy_cardboard
5th February 2004, 10:28 PM
Then why would Red/Ash have brown hair? His hair is jet black...
V

I think it's just a redone RB. Same time period, same everything. It's just pretty now.

It is just a big recoloured r/b:yes:

SageofDarkness
6th February 2004, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by Carbonite4

That's what I thought it was

Animelee
6th February 2004, 08:57 AM
Yeah, now I'm starting to think that this is just a remake. Same people, same places, just with upgrades in various places.

So, I think that the rival is Green/Shigeru/Gary, but just re-designed. :) The same goes for Red/Satoshi/Ash and Blue (she's in the comics), too. :)