PDA

View Full Version : Lombre and Solrock epi preview + MAJOR SPOILER!

Zak
5th February 2004, 10:06 PM
Yup, you probably guessed it.

Translated from the TVTOKYO blurb:

Ash and co are headed through the woods towards Petalburg City, ready to get to the next Gym. Eventually, they make a pit stop in a village in the woods. As they let out all their Pokemon in a nearby park, suddenly Brock's Lotad evolves into a Lombre! Just then, as soon as the villagers notice Lombre, they seem really happy, and start to beg. Ash and co later find out that this village has been really poor and dry lately, and really low on water. Therefore, all the villagers are praying for rain from Lombre. They haven't had a decent source of natural water in a while, and the village is in danger. Luckily, Lombre gives them a fair share of Rain, but for some reason it's not as successful as it's supposed to be. Then they ask one of the villagers for more information, and he tells them that they've had this drought problem ever since a Solrock appeared in the woods...

Yeah, I bet you can guess what this is about. Rain Dance VS Sunny Day. Heh, now the question is, what'll happen to Solrock? Will it make peace with the village? Will they defeat it and have someone capture it? :o

Time will tell.

Also, for some reason the clip isn't there YET. They're a bit laggy as they've been the past few weeks. I'm sure it'll be up in a few hours, but right now they have the one of last week.

~Zak

Andrew
5th February 2004, 10:12 PM
Nah, I don't think Solrock will be captured, it'll just be lost from its migrating thing. That's my opinion.

I am also surprised that Lotad's evolving. God, that thing was pretty darned pathetic to start off with. 0_o Maybe it'll go all the way to Ludicolo when they go diving.

I don't think Lombre will stay, I think it'll continue on with Brock. Gosh, what a wierd episode.

Pewter City Geodude
5th February 2004, 10:42 PM
I'd been hoping for this. :D Sorry, but I just gotta say it:

"What? BROCK's LOTAD is evolving!"
*insert evolution music here*
"Congratulations! BROCK's LOTAD evolved into LOMBRE!" :P

I hope Ash catches Solrock, it'd make a perfect #6 to his team.

Gaborn
5th February 2004, 11:31 PM
One of the random villagers seemed to care about the Solrock, so it probably won't be captured by anybody who matters. Lombre doing the rain dance made me smile.

Jamesology101
6th February 2004, 05:07 AM
Excellent, maybe we're one step closer to a Totodile-style dancing Ludicolo? Let's hope so, poor Brock needs an interesting Pokemon for once.

Gravy
6th February 2004, 07:49 AM
Ahh, I knew the little duckweed would evolve. I'm definatly expecting this Lombre to evolve all the way in the future, seeing as how popular Ludicolo is. Then again, Lombre seems to have the same disposition as its evolved reletive, and enjoys dancing and such (that surprised me, as Lombre always looked like a dopey sort of pokémon to me). Anyways, this does sound like a really amusing episode, and I'm looking forward to it. A contest saga and then this? Lets hope the pattern of good quality episodes continues through the upcoming weeks.
And as for Solrock, I seriously doubt its going to be caught. It'll probably end up staying in the village or something. Maybe Lombre's rain dance works a little too well and they need Solrock to stop the never ending rain? *shrugs* Just a theory. Besides, Solrock is pretty darn creepy looking *shudders*

Pewter City Geodude
6th February 2004, 01:39 PM
It's funny how nobody commented on the fact that this is the first time EVER that the first Pokemon from the main group to evolve did NOT belong to Ash. Strange, eh?

Animelee
6th February 2004, 01:57 PM
I think the only other ones were Zubat>Golbat>Crobat and Kemuso/Wurmple>Chrysalis/Silcoon>Agehunt/Beautifly.

Not many, though.

Pewter City Geodude
6th February 2004, 02:02 PM
Yeah I forgot...Wurmple's evolution counts as well...so now two of his friends have had Pokes evolve and Ash still hasn't. This is unprecedented. :-p

Zak
6th February 2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Animelee
I think the only other ones were Zubat>Golbat>Crobat and Kemuso/Wurmple>Chrysalis/Silcoon>Agehunt/Beautifly.

Not many, though.

Misty: Togepi --> Togetic
Misty: Poliwag --> Poliwhirl --> Politoed
Brock: Pineco --> Forretress

~Zak

Mikey
6th February 2004, 02:34 PM
Ha, people didn't see it evolving when I said it was going to as it had too much "comic relief". Well it looks like I win. :)

Animelee
6th February 2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Zak
Misty: Togepi --> Togetic
Misty: Poliwag --> Poliwhirl --> Politoed
Brock: Pineco --> Forretress

~Zak

I totally forgot about those.

Pewter City Geodude
6th February 2004, 03:22 PM
Pineco doesn't count...it evolved after Chikorita did.

Nameless
7th February 2004, 12:13 PM
Hmmm, May first, now Brock. Does this mean Ash is next in line then? He is long overdued for an evolution, his pokemon I mean.

Light_Togetic
7th February 2004, 01:24 PM
Wow, I'm glad Lotad's going to evolve. Lombre looks like an 'interesting' pokemon! ^^

I don't think it that odd that other people's pokemon are evolving and not Ash's. I mean, if you take a look at the teams, it makes sense. Taillow can only evolve once, and Swellow looks pretty big and bulky to keep around. Kinda like Pidgeot. I'm not really sure how big Swellow is supposed to be, but it looks big...

And for Treecko to evolve, it would be a big change physically. It's tiny, cute appearance would be tougher-looking; and I don't think they'll do that just yet (if ever).

And Corphish evolving would mean Ash was the proud owner of a pokemon typically characterized as a TA pokemon. Probably not. And Pikachu and Torkoal, well, they just can't evolve (or in Pikachu's case, won't).

Plus, Ash and May have been catching new pokemon, so it seemed right for Brock to get something new also.

Kojiro
7th February 2004, 01:51 PM
Swellow is small, about as big as Corphish, at least in the dex, but Victor's looked pretty big.(Well, one of the winstartes, I think it was Victor, the kid male.)

Pewter City Geodude
7th February 2004, 02:25 PM
According to the Serebii.net Pokedex, Swellow is 0.7 m tall and weighs 19.8Kg. In other words, 2'4" tall and 43.7 pounds.

Nameless
7th February 2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic
Wow, I'm glad Lotad's going to evolve. Lombre looks like an 'interesting' pokemon! ^^

I don't think it that odd that other people's pokemon are evolving and not Ash's. I mean, if you take a look at the teams, it makes sense. Taillow can only evolve once, and Swellow looks pretty big and bulky to keep around. Kinda like Pidgeot. I'm not really sure how big Swellow is supposed to be, but it looks big...

And for Treecko to evolve, it would be a big change physically. It's tiny, cute appearance would be tougher-looking; and I don't think they'll do that just yet (if ever).

And Corphish evolving would mean Ash was the proud owner of a pokemon typically characterized as a TA pokemon. Probably not. And Pikachu and Torkoal, well, they just can't evolve (or in Pikachu's case, won't).

Plus, Ash and May have been catching new pokemon, so it seemed right for Brock to get something new also.

In Johto both Brock and Misty had more pokemon evolving than Ash's. Ash only got one.

Swellow isn't that big, I dunno where you got the idea it was big, it never was, in the Pokedex it's right above your characters ankle and in the episode with that other guy who had a Swellow it was still the size of a pidgeotto or maybe smaller.

Treecko is tough looking because he wants to look tough, I don't think evolving would make him look cute or less tough looking, no idea where you got that either.

If anything, Treecko and Taillow need to evolve. I don't see Ash winning any further gym battles with just baby pokemon. There's so much Torkoal and Pikachu can do but I don't think they'll have Pikachu dominate the entire match like he did before and Torkoal has limits too.

Corpfish, I dunno, it would be funny if he had a Crawdaunt, Ash would keep getting accused and arrested for being a TA member.

Light_Togetic
8th February 2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Nameless
In Johto both Brock and Misty had more pokemon evolving than Ash's. Ash only got one.

Yeah I know, that's what I said! ^^; It's not that strange that Ash's pokemon aren't evolving.

Swellow isn't that big, I dunno where you got the idea it was big, it never was, in the Pokedex it's right above your characters ankle and in the episode with that other guy who had a Swellow it was still the size of a pidgeotto or maybe smaller.

Well, I never caught a Swellow in the games, so I didn't know, which I also said I wasn't sure. Which, well, means I wasn't sure. Since it's that small though, I guess that part of what I said was wrong. The only reason I thought it looked big was because it only evolves once (typically pokemon get bigger if they only evolve once), and I assumed it would get bigger...

Treecko is tough looking because he wants to look tough, I don't think evolving would make him look cute or less tough looking, no idea where you got that either.

What? I said evolving would make him look less cute, not less tough. Ash tends to get the cute pokemon, and when they do evolve, they tend to still be cute. I suppose Grovyle kinda looks cute; but it's not tiny and cute like Treecko is. And I don't think Treecko is tough-looking, even if he acts tough.

If anything, Treecko and Taillow need to evolve. I don't see Ash winning any further gym battles with just baby pokemon.

Well that, my friend, is your opinion. Personally, I don't think that any pokemon are 'baby'. The anime does a good job of making it clear that small, cute pokemon can be tough, mean, manipulative, and even little brats sometimes. If a Treecko's tail could break a solid rock in half; I don't think I'd be calling it a baby...

Water Pokemon Master
9th February 2004, 01:58 PM
If Brock's Lombre does evolve into Ludicolo (one of my favorite water types) then what if the American dubbers give it a stereotypical Mexican voice? If that happens, someone might complain and say that Ludicolo is to Mexicans as Jynx is to black people. Then the show could stop running in America.

Pewter City Geodude
9th February 2004, 02:21 PM
Doubt it. The Jynx complaints, moronic as they are, happened when Pokemon was still an 00ber fad. It isn't anymore, so I don't think anyone will care enough.

Light_Togetic
9th February 2004, 02:30 PM
Yeah, and to add to that, I don't think that 4Kids is dumb enough to give it a mexican voice. I mean, come on, they just can't be that dumb, can they?

You know, WPM could have a point. Not that they'd stop doing the show; they'd probably just change it's voice.

The Muffin Man
9th February 2004, 03:00 PM
"and when they do evolve, they tend to still be cute."

Charizard, Pidgeot, Primeape(caught evolved tho) Haunter(same as Primeape)

stickachu
10th February 2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Water Pokemon Master
If Brock's Lombre does evolve into Ludicolo (one of my favorite water types) then what if the American dubbers give it a stereotypical Mexican voice? If that happens, someone might complain and say that Ludicolo is to Mexicans as Jynx is to black people. Then the show could stop running in America.

I could just picture Ludicolo with Cheech Marin's voice... "Ludicolo's not here man" :)

And as for the evolution... it's about time. Almost time for my beloved pineapple to take center stage. I assume that once Brock has a Ludicolo, they'll just get rid of pikachu... Even Ash for that matter. Nothing else matters when you have a Ludicolo. NOTHING. :D

Animelee
11th February 2004, 01:08 PM
In Pokemon Colosseum, whenever Mirabo appears, there's a really catchy Mexican-type samba playing, and he has about four Rumpapa/Ludicolo dancing around him, doing the rumba. If they can get away with something as sterotypical as that, then probably, they can get away with a Cheech Marin-type voice for the pineapple-duck. :o

Do you guys think Takeshi/Brock will attract girls in his "Takeshi no Paradise" outfit, dancing around with Rumpapa/Ludicolo? DO YOU THINK HIS DAY IS NEAR! DO YOU THINK HE'LL ACTUALLY GET A GIRLFRIEND?! Nah...

Anyways, what I really wanted to say was, well, what if that's not his Hasubrero/Lombre. Remember that episode in the Orange Islands where Kasumi's 'duck fell into the ocean, and out popped a Golduck? Remember how she thought it was hers, but it turned out that her little 'duck was sleeping, or something? What if that happens tomorrow? What if Takeshi/Brock's Hasubo/Lotad falls inside the well, and another one pops out, then to evolve, and then at the end of the episode, his REAL Pokemon pops out of the well, or something?

I'm kind of having a hard time believing the preview, because they make us think it's going to evolve, and what if it doesn't? :(

JazzJazz
11th February 2004, 03:17 PM
I'm kind of having a hard time believing the preview, because they make us think it's going to evolve, and what if it doesn't? :(

Good point, it could just be a red herring. I've made a point never to put 100% confidence in any spoilers... no matter how much proof we have, or think we have.

Light_Togetic
12th February 2004, 10:42 AM
Well, Lotad is kind off an oddball, so I only think it's fitting that it has an oddball evolution! ^^ I guess it could be another Psyduck thing, but I think it'll evolve.

Heh, that would be so funny if Brock brought out his Takeshi no Paradise outfit again and danced with Lombre/Ludicolo!

*la la la la la la*

stickachu
12th February 2004, 12:40 PM

Oh don't say that! The very thought of it makes me sad :( If you wanted to make me cry, you succeeded!

In Pokemon Colosseum, whenever Mirabo appears, there's a really catchy Mexican-type samba playing, and he has about four Rumpapa/Ludicolo dancing around him, doing the rumba.

I must see that! One more reason to buy Colosseum.

Do you guys think Takeshi/Brock will attract girls in his "Takeshi no Paradise" outfit, dancing around with Rumpapa/Ludicolo?

Well.. it's more than possible. Everyone knows all the women go crazy for Ludicolo. :yes:

Animelee
13th February 2004, 01:01 AM
Bad news... Click the picture to find out...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Gravy
13th February 2004, 04:45 AM
Bad news? I don't get it, people are always wanting evoltions, and when one does evolve they're disapointed? ^_^0
I'm happy it did evolve, one step closer to a manic mexican duck. The hyper-active pokémon always seem to bring a smile to my face.

stickachu
13th February 2004, 09:06 AM
Gotcha? GOTCHA? Oh no you di'n't...

:P Not a bad one though

Animelee
13th February 2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Gravy
Bad news? I don't get it, people are always wanting evoltions, and when one does evolve they're disapointed? ^_^0

That's the joke! :D

Chris 2.1
13th February 2004, 04:33 PM
Wehay! Lombre! I never liked this guy 0_0;;;

But I guess i'll like him in the anime, that happens to me 0_o;;

I need to get out more ^__^

Looks like our line-of-evolution-lines is coming up.......will it continue? I hope so!