PDA

View Full Version : POLL: SNL or MAD TV?

RedStarWarrior
5th February 2004, 11:55 PM
Okay, in regards to Comedy Central starting to show MAD TV lately instead of SNL (atleast in the US), I was wondering which you prefered. I personally like both. SNL is has classier and more mature comedy but MAD TV's has slapstick, off-the-wall humor. Anyway, which do you prefer?

bme
6th February 2004, 03:16 AM
Mad TV >all :D I've cried watching that show. It's the funny.

Royal_Goddess_Tina
6th February 2004, 11:17 AM
It took me forever to figure out what SNL stood for... lol... Well, personally I don't watch either of them... I have probably only watch a total of 5 minutes of each in my entire life... So, I can't chose from them... :wave:

titandude21
6th February 2004, 11:40 AM
i've watched a little of both, and both are great, although i prefer mad tv. i get my weekly dosage saturday night... 11pm for mad tv, 11:30 for SNL

Fett One
6th February 2004, 01:29 PM
I like SNL. I never watch Mad TV since for some reason it just doesn't appeal to me.

Kyl3
6th February 2004, 04:43 PM
MadTV owns Saturday Night Live, 'nuff said.

Razola
6th February 2004, 09:51 PM
MAD is a great mgazine, but a crappy TV shows. Sketches are dragged out way too long and recurring characters are only mildly funny themselves and have absolutely crap writing.

The cast of MAD is less funny than the current cast of SNL, and SNL has better writers. So while SNL is currently stuck with a sub-par cast, I'll laugh every once in a while. I've never really laughed at anything on MAD TV. Just been annoyed mostly.

Celebrity Jeopardy alone > MAD TV

The_Missing_Link
6th February 2004, 10:00 PM
Always loved SNL more than MADTV. I even do episode reviews of SNL on a fan site

Will Forte + Fred Armisen > entire cast of MAD

SNL has been in a rut for a few years now but they need to get rid of some of the older guys, like Darrell and Horatio (Chris is still good for another year or two. He's just terribly misused). I personally hate it when Jimmy and Horatio break up during a sketch. Totally unprofessional. Nevertheless, it's still funnier than what I have seen on MAD

Mikey
6th February 2004, 11:09 PM
Though I have always been a fan of SNL, as of now I would have to say MAD TV is better. SNL has lost its spark. The cast isn't as good as it once was, and Will Ferrill, etc leaving made it worse. The only ones holding it together now are Mya Rudolph and sometimes Jimmy Fallon.