PDA

View Full Version : MSN prompt?

Deus Mortuorum
6th February 2004, 05:56 PM
I dunno if it's just my computer but every time I come to this website and enter a forum, I get a prompt to sign on to MSN messenger. Is it just cookies or something? It's getting kinda annoying...

Andrew
7th February 2004, 02:15 AM
Don't worry, its just you :) But I'm sure Chris can help you! My advice is to run adaware to get rid of spyware.

I remember because of unremovable Bonzi Buddy my sister downloaded I had to reformat my PC. Goodbye purple gorilla :)

Chris
7th February 2004, 04:06 AM
Next time it happens, save the web page source and upload it as a text file here. It's probably some kind of ActiveX control trying to do something it shouldn't.

Razola
7th February 2004, 10:18 AM
Same thing was happening to me, and I've found that it only happens to me on threads with classy_cat18's posts. I have switched to Firebird since then and have had no problems with anyone's post.

Another reason I love Firebird so much.

Chris
7th February 2004, 11:26 AM
Raz got it.

The image in classy_cat18's signature links to http://www.msnusers.com/pokefan64@hotmail.com/Documents/Pictures%2F78.jpg, and access to that site is restricted to those who are logged into their MSN accounts.

Probably a bad idea hosting a signature image there, because it kinda (severely) limits the viewing audience. But still...

Deus Mortuorum
7th February 2004, 09:02 PM
Can we like, order her to take it out or something >:O

What's Firebird, a browser?

Yoh Asakura
8th February 2004, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Phoenix Reborn
Can we like, order her to take it out or something >:O

What's Firebird, a browser?

Click Me (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25937)

Also, is there anyway to stop the annoying instillation boxes from popping up?

Chris
8th February 2004, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by YAMI YUGI™
Also, is there anyway to stop the annoying instillation boxes from popping up?

Which installation boxes?

Yoh Asakura
8th February 2004, 05:19 AM
Hmmm how to word this..

Every now and again my page freezes and then an instillation box pops up asking me to install whatever it is It's usually some crappy spyware, I just wanna know if there's anyway to get rid of it without installing it...

I'll take a SS of it when I next find it. ((Watch it never pop up now i'm using firebird lolz))

Chris
8th February 2004, 05:36 AM
Please do, because I have no idea what you're talking about. ;)

Was it similar to the "Do you want to run and install program x" window in IE?

Yoh Asakura
8th February 2004, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Chris
Please do, because I have no idea what you're talking about. ;)

I have such a great way with words ;D

Was it similar to the "Do you want to run and install program x" window in IE?

Pretty much yeah.

Deus Mortuorum
9th February 2004, 02:28 PM
I got two of these just click on "Post Reply" -_-

[attachment deleted by admin]

Chris
9th February 2004, 02:38 PM
Yep, that's the general annoying crap you're going to get without stopping them from appearing...

Personally I think the auto-install popups should be banned altogether, because some people (idiots?) might have their browser's security level set to low...